Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Baseball Season.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 7:57 pm

any predictions..? I predict Craig Monroe will hit 80 homers. And Bonds will suck.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 8:32 pm

I just picked up my single game tickets for the M's here at the Safe. Ichiro says that if the M's don't make the Playoffs he is out of here. The M's will not make the playoffs without him. So it's do or sink here in Seattle. Games I got; White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, A's, Tigers, REDS. It will be the first time back for Griffey Jr. I love the interleague play. If he's not injured, it has the potential to sellout. Giants are spending way too much money on Bonds. I think he's back for one more season 'cause the All-Star game is in San Fran. He'll be injured or have suffered a heart attack before July. There is a lot of pressure on Detroit, ticket sales have been really good. If they don't make the Playoffs, there will be many pissed off Tiger fans. The Cards flat out spanked 'em in the WS. I think the A's and the Astros could make a solid run for a Pennant.
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 10:38 pm

I predict Craig Monroe will hit 80 homers

My Indians tickets are in right field 8 row off the field. We saw Monroe one time charge a ground ball & throw so hard to the plate that he airmailed Pudge & the ball went into the 3rd baseline seats on a fly. The people around us started chanting "NICE THROW MON-ROE!" & every time someone hit the ball to right, people yelled "Throw home!" Possibly the most fun I've had at a baseball game.

There was a thread on Stonerrock started last summer on baseball & the moderator killed it at about 3000 posts & started another. That one is at about 330. It's slow 'cause hot stove stuff has slowed & nothing super exciting to discuss yet on Spring Training.

I love the Tribe & the Reds. I'm not especially optimistic 'cause the Reds always manage to disappoint & the AL Central is the toughest division in baseball. If anyone wants to go to an Indians game this summer, let me konw.

The M's will not make the playoffs without him.

Remember, though, that the M's didn't become a great team until A-Rod, Randy Johnson, & Junior were all gone & all 3 of them have real Hall of Fame potential.

I think the A's and the Astros could make a solid run for a Pennant

Astros don't have the starting pitching & unless they are in the thick of things, there doesn't seem like much hope that Clemens will re-sign.

Safeco Field's a great stadium except for that brutal train horn. The Pyramid brew-pub across the street has the most amazing fish 'n' chips.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 10:46 pm

lifelong tribes fan

al east red sox
al central tribe
al west angels

wild card fucking pussy yankkkees

nl east mets
nl central cubs
nl west giants

wild card braves

mets over angels in WS

NP
fallen angels
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 10:55 pm

baseball sucks

YOu're all a bunch of fags.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 11:00 pm

This is going to be the first time in six seasons that I miss the Cubs home opener.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 11:08 pm

baseball sucks

YOu're all a bunch of fags.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 11:10 pm | Edited by: jerryd

mets over angels in WS

Do you even watch baseball? That's a pretty bold, and bad, prediction.

Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!

Seems the hating has already begun, but this year they get their shit back together and make it to the World Series.

Red Sox WON'T make the playoffs this year.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 11:16 pm

caught a foul, barehanded, off carl crawford the other day at the tigers/rays spring training game. going to see the tigers/rays in lakeland this sunday.

grapefruit league rules!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 4:38 am

mets over angels in WS

no but i saw yr sister with carl crawford last night
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:58 pm

when/if i move soon, im going to need a place with at least one porch that is good for listening to games on the radio and drinking beers. last year, there were two pretty great porches at my house, but neither had outlets for the radio outside. talk about a bummer!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:35 pm

there were two pretty great porches at my house, but neither had outlets for the radio outside.

Good news: they now make radios that are -- get this -- battery powered! No power cord or outlet needed. What a magnificent modern age we live in!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:55 pm

PITTSBURGH PIRATES IN THE WORLD SERIES
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:55 pm

...IN 1979
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 6:05 pm

I just bought tickets for Cubs at Reds on my birthday, woo hoo!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:00 pm

last year was the first year since '78 that i didn't go to a bosox game. i'd always managed to wrangle tickets but i totally spaced when tix went on sale last year and was broke when they came to town.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:01 pm

jerryd, i think this is the year the wheels come off the truck for the yankees.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:11 pm

Got a feelin the Yanks are gonna clean house this year folks...

THE WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES ARE BACK!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 4:50 am

THE WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES ARE BACK!!!!!!!

YES!!!

In other baseball news, I just bought tickets for the Cardinals vs Angels in June at Busch Stadium. WOOHOO!!! ( Those are more for my girlfriend and son, but it'll still be a fun trip) I had hoped to get to New York this summer but that's fallen through, so I'll have to wait till 2008 to see the Yankees before they get into the new stadium.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 6:02 am | Edited by: le chev

Twinkies(@ thee most ugliest of all stadiums). That's Twins(@ thee Hubert H. Humphery Metrodome) to you biktch...
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 8:11 am

Gonna hit the Brew Crew's opener again this year with about 50 of my closest drinking associates--they're playing the Dodgers so someone's gotta help me rhyme "Garciaparra" with "groin".

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 8:15 am

If anyone wants to go to an Indians game this summer, let me konw

Are you serious? I'm gonna take you up on this if you're serious and you don't mind me going. I used to cover the Reds for our local paper when I was still in HS and then into college and I still follow baseball ravneously so I'm a pretty good baseball game companion. Covered the Redlegs but was always and still am a diehard Tig's fan although I've always had a soft spot for both Ohio teams. A Tigs/Injuns game at Jacobs would be killer.

I was also at the Tiger clinchers last season for the first two playoff rounds and then was at game #1 for the first of those 4 WS fiascos.........and had game 7 tix right behind the damn plate. Even bought them off Ticketmaster for face value - when will that EVER happen again for the rest of my freaking life? Game 7, christ.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 6:06 pm

caught a foul, barehanded, off carl crawford the other day at the tigers/rays spring training game. going to see the tigers/rays in lakeland this sunday.

grapefruit league rules!

That's awesome! I will be in Winter Haven for the Indians last game there before they go to Memphis. The Indians were in Tucson from 1947 'til 1992, then they moved to Winter Haven. In 2009, they go back to AZ, Goodyear, specifically. Cactus League, baby!

they're playing the Dodgers so someone's gotta help me rhyme "Garciaparra" with "groin".

Also, you could make a joke about "slappin' her the Hamm."
Are you serious? I'm gonna take you up on this if you're serious and you don't mind me going.

I am very serious. I dig rock 'n' roll, hockey, baseball, & cartoons & enjoy meeting & hanging out with like-minded people. I buy a 20 game Indians package & have good seats in right field, very close to the visitor's bullpen which encourages heckling. (Hey Randy Johnson, your dog's supposed to lick your face not chew it!) At any rate, it's a Fri/Sun package, so my Tigers tickets are Friday June 1st (7:05) & Sunday June 3rd (1:05). Sometimes on Sunday, they change the time to 8:05 so they can show it on ESPN2, so kinda be aware of that, but it only happens once or twice/season.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 11:07 pm

I work every Friday night but can ask off if I do it within the next week or so, so if this really is a go, let me know. Or I can come up there just Sunday, whatever. You mentioned nearly all of my favorite pasttimes, especially hockey, so this sounds like a great trip. And I love meeting new people.

I'm maybe a AAA or utilityman heckler but I had a friend who was one of the best in business. He was legendary at Tiger Stadium. We used to get press passes and sit up in the press dining room at Riverfront or Tiger Stadium so we could eat free and then around the 5th or so we'd scope out empty seats near the field from the pressbox. My friend, Mike, knew all the old ushers and they'd normally let us sit anywhere anwyay. He'd get on a roll with somebody from the opposite team and he'd have the whole section chiming in. It was pretty unreal. His favorite target was Mickey Rivers ('member him??) when he was with the Rangers in the early '80s. Damn, he rode that guy mercilessly and Rivers would get so mad he'd just cuss back at him. Mike used to call him "Buckethead" and Rivers called Mike "Fat Ass". It was hilarious, they'd go back and forth the whole game. Rivers would dick-up plays all the time in Detroit and I swear it was because Mike would ruthlessly ride him. Those were good times.

Anyway, yeah, I'm in for the Tigers, just let me know which game or whatever. I won't heckle my beloved Tigers for you but that should make for an interesting evening.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:23 am

Jerry! You and Miss Faye should come an visit me in NYC! It's been too long old pal! 12th street? 11thstreet days? Bring Terrance too! We'll go see the yankees and then go throw trash at the millionaires on Ludlow street! Thats right! MILLIONAIRES ON LUDLOW STREET! ha-ha....

Lemee know...
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:10 am

I'm maybe a AAA or utilityman heckler but I had a friend who was one of the best in business. He was legendary at Tiger Stadium. We used to get press passes and sit up in the press dining room at Riverfront or Tiger Stadium so we could eat free and then around the 5th or so we'd scope out empty seats near the field from the pressbox. My friend, Mike, knew all the old ushers and they'd normally let us sit anywhere anwyay. He'd get on a roll with somebody from the opposite team and he'd have the whole section chiming in. It was pretty unreal. His favorite target was Mickey Rivers ('member him??) when he was with the Rangers in the early '80s. Damn, he rode that guy mercilessly and Rivers would get so mad he'd just cuss back at him. Mike used to call him "Buckethead" and Rivers called Mike "Fat Ass". It was hilarious, they'd go back and forth the whole game. Rivers would dick-up plays all the time in Detroit and I swear it was because Mike would ruthlessly ride him. Those were good times.

That's seriously funny. Heckling is an art form. There is a story of an NBA heckler that became so notorious, Charles Barkley got him tickets behind the Bulls bench during the Suns/Bulls finals. He would come up with gambling games & deal cards & such then ask Michael Jordan if he wanted to raise, fold, double down, etc...

Sure, pick one of those games, either Sun or Fri. It's all goodness to me. Whatever might work best for you. I sometimes stuff my face over at Cooperstown before the game. Food's pretty good, the beer's cheaper, plus, the picture of Coop & Salvador Dali or Coop in the studio with Tina Turner & Liza Minelli never fail to crack me up.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 5:43 pm

The Royals are winning the World Series in four games.

Also, contrary to Scott R's dumbassed opinion, KC BBQ rules.
LCs and Arthur Bryants are fanquastic.

I'm not saying KC BBQ is better than Memphis BBQ. There is room in the world for both. God, I'm craving som LC's RIGHT NOW. I could also eat the holy hell out of some Cozy Corner, too.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 10:50 pm

baseball comin' soon..! I pray to Allah that Tigers go back to WS.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:37 am

Arthur Bryants

I so dearly want to go there. I would also like to see a game at Kaufman Stadium, too.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:41 am

The World Champion New York Yankees are gonna mop it up folks. Get ready!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:48 am

Jerry! You and Miss Faye should come an visit me in NYC! It's been too long old pal! 12th street? 11thstreet days? Bring Terrance too! We'll go see the yankees and then go throw trash at the millionaires on Ludlow street! Thats right! MILLIONAIRES ON LUDLOW STREET! ha-ha....

Lemee know...

It's just not in the cards right now. St. Louis in June and then a ten day road trip out west in July is going to take up all our time. We were hoping to get up there in July, but it's going to have to wait. We'll see you soon enough though...

The Cardinals play their AAA club in Memphis (Memphis Redbirds) on March 30,31. I've got tickets to both games. It sucks not being in a city with a major league baseball team. I would have much rather Memphis pursued a MLB team instead of a NBA team. Oh well. Maybe someday. St Louis and Kansas City are within driving distance, Chicago too, but anywhere else and you have to take off a few days to go and get back. Atlanta is out of the question because the Braves suck.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 4:08 am

Thats cool...lemee know when ya can, door is always open brah!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 8:25 am

Louis Polonia tried having security tosss me out of the Kingdome back in 1993 while the Halos beat the fuck out of the M's. Everytime the ball came out to left field, I'd just yell as loud as I could. And I called him Louie. Whatever, I dont know why they didnt kick me out.

These days I'm about my AAA Tacoma Rainiers, the affiliate of the M's. This is where the M's pull awesome talents like King Felix out of our lineup and ruin them in the majors.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 8:47 am

Louis Polonia tried having security tosss me out of the Kingdome back in 1993 while the Halos beat the fuck out of the M's. Everytime the ball came out to left field, I'd just yell as loud as I could. And I called him Louie. Whatever, I dont know why they didnt kick me out.

These days I'm about my AAA Tacoma Rainiers, the affiliate of the M's. This is where the M's pull awesome talents like King Felix out of our lineup and ruin them in the majors.

That's an awesome story. We saw a guy @ Jacob's Field berating Jason Michaels so badly last year, we modestly tempted to tell him to shut the hell up! If he was such a fan & hated Michaels, petition the team, don't humiliate your own left fielder!

Tacoma Rainiers, the affiliate of the M's. This is where the M's pull awesome talents like King Felix out of our lineup and ruin them in the majors.

Is that who Shin-Soo Choo played for? I wish the Indians never would have signed Trot Nixon. Choo probably isn't going to start the year with the team when he should've been the starting left fielder. I can't believe Seattle had all that money tied up in Richie Sexson, then went & traded for BOTH of the Cleveland's 1st basemen last year.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 9:27 am

the only good thing about baseball is Al's Tavern, when the Ms hit a home run a glass of Rainer is only 25 cents.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 9:52 am

the only good thing about baseball is Al's Tavern, when the Ms hit a home run a glass of Rainer is only 25 cents.

They charge double when a Mariner hits a home run?
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 11:09 am

charge double
no,
hey buddy, that beer will cost you $1.25 a glass
and we don't have no deals on micrbrews
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:36 pm

You and Miss Faye should come an visit me in NYC!

I told Jerry maybe Christmas break? Of course that kind of rules out any baseball. . .
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 5:37 am

The Cardinals play their AAA club in Memphis (Memphis Redbirds) on March 30,31. I've got tickets to both games.

The game on the 31st is the Inagural Civil Rights game. Cardinals vs. Cleveland Indians. After that, the Indians go on to the South Side.

hey buddy, that beer will cost you $1.25 a glass
and we don't have no deals on micrbrews

Only kidding. & no one has deals on microbrews. I still love the fish 'n' chips from the Pyramid brewery right next to Safeco, though.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 6:39 am

How many ML parks have you guys made it to? I'm up to 16 (including parks that are no longer around) and my woman has been cool enough to initiate talks of traveling around after we retire (many, many f-ing years from now....just got that DAMN SS letter, you know, the one in the green-lettered envelope, saying I have 38 YEARS left until full retirement age.........geesh, I HATE that letter) to hit as many as we can.

Speaking also of minor league games, we saw a Redbirds' game two years ago while in Memphis and the only things I remember about that night is the hot cheerleaders and how HOT it was that night temperature-wise. It was like 106 with zero breeze blowing. I was miserable, I hate being hot. I'd rather be freezing than sweating to death. Oh yeah, Prince Fielder also went yard twice, I remember that too. The food was also pretty good......I think that's it. Wait, I almost thought of something else....nope, that's it. It was HOT. Great trip, though.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 6:59 am

How many ML parks have you guys made it to? I'm up to 16 (including parks that are no longer around)

That's awesome! Good question... Lemme see...

Riverfront (Cincinnati) 1975
Cleveland Stadium 1977
Three Rivers 1978
Tiger Stadium 1992
Camden Yards (Baltimore) 1995
Jacob's Field 1998
Yankee Stadium 1998
Shea Stadium 1998
Safeco Field 2002
Olympic Stadium (Montreal) 2002
Comisky Park 2002
Wrigley Field 2002
Busch Stadium 2003
Veteran's Stadium (Philly) 2003
PNC Park (Pittsburgh) 2005

The closest parks to my home of which I've not visited would have to be SkyDome in Toronto, Miller Park in Milwaukee, Kaufmann Stadium in Kansas City, & probably RFK Memorial Stadium in Washington.

I really want to go to Kansas City. That stadium is supposedly beautiful & the girl & I really want to go to Arthur Bryant's
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 9:25 am

Crap, I forgot Cinci's latest, The Great American Ballpark. Whatever it's 1st year was. 2003? Jim Weber got a bunch of tickets (8 maybe?) & a bunch of us went. We met Ron House & Mike Rep there. House was yelling at Slider (Indians' mascot) "Stop the war!" & he said that he didn't stand during the National Anthem. I asked Rep if that was true. He said he didn't know 'cause during the Anthem, he was in line for a hot dog.

It was 34 degrees that day with light wet snow. I had to buy some gloves from the gift shop just so I could hold a beer.

Also, I forgot about Comerica Park in 2001. It's when Weber lived in Detroit & Ron & I went up for a Friday night game & a Saturday afternoon game. We saw CC Sabathia's 1st win that weekend.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:23 am

Wait, I remebered Toronto which would put me at 17. I was thinking about states and that one slipped my slippery mind. I can't believe you even remember years visited. I could come close but that's alot of parks and I'm 40 - my mind is getting feeble very quickly.

We met Ron House & Mike Rep there. House was yelling at Slider (Indians' mascot) "Stop the war!" & he said that he didn't stand during the National Anthem. I asked Rep if that was true. He said he didn't know 'cause during the Anthem, he was in line for a hot dog.

Dude, that shit is hilarious. I better get my heckling hat on. This could get ugly in Cleveland. Ever catch any game balls, foul or homers? BP balls? My first BP ball was Robbie Alomar at the Mistake by the Lake (fell over some seats and bashed the hell outta my elbow but I caught it in the air), caught two Mickey Tettleton BP balls on back-to-back pitches, caught a Mags Ordonez' one during the playoffs last year and then my crowning jewel was a game winning homer off the bat of Juan Samuel at Tiger Stadium. I've caught some other non-notable BP balls but that's my only gamer.

Tettleton, BTW, is my all time favorite player. I have a nearly complete set of "Fruit Loops" singles including minors and all that crap and there's WAY more than you'd imagine. I have t-shirts, magazine covers, you name it. I just bought one of only two PSA 10 Tettleton Fleer rookies in the world a week ago off eBay. I'm not going out on a limb when I say I have easily the largest collection of Tettleton stuff anywhere in the world....something to be really proud of, eh, haha? He's signed at least 20 things for me in person and through the mail and I even own the rights to some of his official MLB photos used for BB cards and stuff (UD, Topps, and some others). If you ever need an official Tettleton 8x10, just let me know. I have my rights on file at WalMart and I'll fix you right up.......I do love that guy, though.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:26 am

C.C. is gonna rule this year. I've drafted in him all three of my fantasy drafts so far.

Hey - anyone want to join our Yahoo fantasy league I have at work? We draft this Sunday at 1800 or something like that and we always have about 8 teams and would like to get 10. I'd need two guys to join so let me know if anyone is interested. We usually have a fun league and we're all damn competitive and pretty damn good at it.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 2:58 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

my prediction:
Chet Lemon will make a comeback and win the World Series.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Spring Training is AWESOME! We went to see Detroit play the poor Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Marchant Stadium in shithole Lakeland Florida sunday. Tigers do it right! It was hilarious--All the old Michigan snowbirds gossiping about their neighbors the whole time and the old crowd getting totally into "Y.M.C.A." and doing the arm dance...priceless. Good cold beer too.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 8:05 pm

i predict mullet and devil dog will make out by the 5th inning at whatever game they go to.
jj and chicago kevin will fight for the last beer in the cocessions guys cooler at whatever game they go to.
i am the arm will go to a game and get kicked out for indecent exposure.
dtrain will make lots of money betting on the yankees.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Chet Lemon will make a comeback and win the World Series.

I'm thinking you'd be perfect for our work fantasy league. You're very knowledgable, we like owners like you.......

i predict mullet and devil dog will make out by the 5th inning at whatever game they go to.

Only if he doesn't eat alot of those Jacobs Field hot dogs. I hate hot dog and mustard breath. And remember - inappropriate touching on first dates is always vogue.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:16 pm

at empty and cavernous clevo stadium in late 70's when 1,000 people would show on a chilly september night i heckled roger moret so mercilessly that he started to point his finger (he had had some well documented mental health issues) and tell us/me that he was coming up for us. as with catch 22 that only PROVED he was insane so we really started in on his momma, his craziness, his wildness--man cld he throw heat!!--and his dumbass clown team, the crybaby red sox.

he did not last long in the majors: cld not stand the pressure!

fuck em

here is article on fantasy baseball

http://ziskmagazine.blogspot.com/2005/10/art-of-war-or-how-i-learned-t o-stop.html
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:19 pm

This could get ugly in Cleveland. Ever catch any game balls, foul or homers?

At the Detroit game Ron & I were at, Juan Gonzales, who was signed with Cleveland after leaving Detroit hit a foul ball that landed near us, bounced & hit Jim's ex-wife's watch shattering it, then rolled to my feet. Only ball I ever got. A few years later, I took Jim to a party @ Jacob's Field that had Indians players & ex-major leaguers & gave him the ball so he had something to get signed. Jim doesn't really care about autographs, so he didn't get it signed & kept the ball. I am not acusing Jim of stealing or keeping the ball in any way. Some fan had a sign that day aimed at Juan Gone. It said "Juan Prefers Men" & had the "U", the "P", & the "N" highlighted. They put rainbows all over it. We still get a chuckle out of it.

mustard breath

I don't eat many hotdogs, but I will get a bratwurst 'cause Cleveland's brown stadium mustard fucking rules all Hell. I do get sushi at Jacob's Field & Lyndsey & I love the fat-fried apple sticks with the caramel sauce.

I have dearly love baseball since I was a kid (1974... 7 years of age), but I just don't give a shit about Fantasy Leagues. The Stonerrock.com fantasy league has a bunch of people & they all give me a ration of shit for not playing. I think the idea of being a GM is absolutely fascinating, but for some reason, I just have no interest Fantasy sports. Sorry.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:29 pm

i predict ... jj and chicago kevin will fight for the last beer in the cocessions guys cooler at whatever game they go to.

I don't buy beer at baseball games. I'm all about the flask of whiskey. Or a water bottle filled with vodka, which you mix with frozen lemonade.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Fantasy Baseball = Dungeons and Dragons
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 12:25 am

Fantasy baseball is a great time killer for me. I normally spend about 30 minutes at work on the computer weekly setting my lineups and then I ignore it unless I hear of an injury to someone on my team. It's a fun way to enjoy the game and trash-talk co-workers. If I was playing with total strangers I wouldn't enjoy it near as much.

And Mullett is correct - that brown mustard, which I was elluding to, at Jacobs is unreal. That stuff is made locally if I remember correctly, but can't remember the brand.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:26 am

I have a +4 Louisville Slugger......
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:30 am

I have a +4 Louisville Slugger......

Thats not what I heard!!!!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:34 am

What!........It was cold!....I swear.....
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 2:50 am

I said "elluding"....what an idiot.

And I don't get the "+4 Louisville Slugger" thing. I get it that you're trying to ALLUDE to your junk but what's "+4" mean?
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 2:56 am

I think he wsa referring to the Dungeons and Dragons comment. Like a +4 wizard or something?! I have to explain this to YOU? I'M THE GIRL!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 3:49 am

I never played that shit, sorry. And, serious, you're a chick? That other thread was for reals? Why aren't you a bitch like 99% of the other females on the 'net? No offense intended to you or any other females on here, just asking. You seem damn cool.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Tony LaRussa arrested for DUI.

Undercover officers noticed that the manager's vehicle stopped, but his car was running at the intersection, sitting through two cycles of a traffic light.

When Jupiter (FLA) police officers approached the vehicle, they saw La Russa "slumped over in the driver's seat" and knocked on the window. After the knocks were not met with a response, a field officer came to the scene.

After further knocking on the window, La Russa responded. He was given standard field sobriety tests, and the officers believed they had probable cause to arrest the manager on suspicion of DUI.

When La Russa was taken to the Palm Beach County Jail, he underwent a breath test and was determined to have a blood alcohol level of .093, higher than Florida's legal limit of .08.

.093, and he's passed out? That's the pussiest thing I've ever heard!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:00 pm

got a guy i work with whose old man is an usher in the good seats at tropicana field. he says we can buy the cheap seats and move up, bob euchre style, to the front row in the second inning or so!

i'm gonna go ahead and make the lowly devil rays my second squad behind the tigers and take advantage of this hook up every week. just gotta get over my hatred of rocco baldelli.

hopefully i can see delmon young throw another bat at an ump.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 10:54 pm

that brown mustard, which I was elluding to, at Jacobs is unreal. That stuff is made locally if I remember correctly, but can't remember the brand

It was Joe Bertman's, but now it's in the same bottle sold as "The Authentic Stadium Mustard." Last I heard there were only 10 arenas & stadiums in America offering brown stadium mustard. When we were @ Busch Stadium we learned their ketchup was a big deal & the BBQ place offered their customers their choice of St. Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, or Texas style barbeque sauces. I like local or famous cuisine if it can be called that. Who doesn't like to eat well? I had an Ichiroll when I was in Seattle.

hopefully i can see delmon young throw another bat at an ump.

He's trying to put that behind him saying that it wasn't the real him, but I would laugh my ass off if I saw it again.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 11:04 pm

the rangers finally have a decent closer. fuckin watch out fuckers
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:55 am

You think Gagne is your savior?? You better be more excited about having Otsuka back out there.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:00 am

His arm'll explode again......just watch.......
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:48 am

I really want to go to Kansas City. That stadium is supposedly beautiful & the girl & I really want to go to Arthur Bryant's
Especially considering when Kauffmann stadium was built (1973) it IS a pretty beautiful ballpark. Most MLB stadiums built in the 60's and 70's are complete eyesores with no soul or character, but the Royals have a pretty great park.

Arthur Bryant's is pretty good, but it did not live up to its hype if you ask me.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:12 am

Arthur Bryant's is pretty good, but it did not live up to its hype if you ask me.

Now we're talkin'... What else is good for KC barbeque? Bryants is just the most famous. We will be in St. Louis in Oct for a wedding. I'd love to go to KC for a couple of days while we are out there.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 6:06 am

It's amazing that no one here has yet stated the obvious,...

2007 is gonna be all about THE PHILLIES, bitches.

METS SUCK!
METS SUCK!
METS SUCK!
METS SUCK!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 6:07 am

GO YANKS!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:11 am | Edited by: Country Boy

got a guy i work with whose old man is an usher in the good seats at tropicana field. he says we can buy the cheap seats and move up, bob euchre style, to the front row in the second inning or so!

I had a good friend in New York City, he never called me by my name just hillbilly. My Grandpa taught me how to live off the land and his taught him to be a business man. He used to send me pictures of the Broadway Nightsand I would send him some homemade wine...but he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife...for forty three dollars my friend lost his life.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:31 am | Edited by: DevilDog

"Hating the Yankees isn't part of my act. It is one of those exquisite times when life and art are in perfect conjunction." - White Sox Owner Bill Veeck
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:17 am

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Microsoft
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:33 am

"Hating the Yankees isn't part of my act. It is one of those exquisite times when life and art are in perfect conjunction." - White Sox Owner Bill Veeck

Yes and yes.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:57 am

But, back to the PHILLIES,...
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:57 am

Hey, don't hate us cause we're the CHAMPS. Somebody has to do it!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 9:07 am

But, back to the PHILLIES,...

Leiber's been pulled off the block it seems. Rowand is still being offered, but teams are asking for ridiculous trade scenarios to send bullpen help to Philadelphia
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:41 pm

If theres one thing I love more than the Yankees, it's Windows!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 10:26 pm

How is it the M's fault that King Felix showed up last year a fat ass?
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Reports are that Felix is looking good this spring. I think we'll really see what he can do this time around.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 10:44 pm

The Yankees have a pretty good shot to win the World Series. Like they did in 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001. Steve Balboni rules though.

I wanna see the Royals this year too. Fucking fountains and shit in the outfield, ain't never been there. St Louis is only 6 hours from Kalamazoo, but would rather drive 10 hours to KC. Brewers are only 4 hours away, hmmmm.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 5:51 am

Rainbow -

If you ever want to grab a beer before one of those games let me know.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 7:02 pm

I have a job interview over at Citizens Bank Park. Probably selling programs or something that like. I wonder what kinda perks I get with the position.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 4:15 am

My friend Brent moved to Chicago last year and got a job taking pics of fans in the stands at Cubs games. I think he's going to try to work at Comisky II this year. Good times.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 5:45 am

I once saw a vendor at Tiger Stadium lose control of his big, aluminum hot dog-selling box (what the hell would you call that thing) and it went smashing down the upper deck steps, throwing hot water, mustard packs, buns and hot dogs everywhere. It was spectacular, it was flying down those steps! It hit the bottom rail and then went over into the lower deck and the vendor's face was completely white he was so upset and scared. It was before the game started and there weren't that many people at the game yet so only a few people were splattered and no one was clunked on the head below, luckily. It would have killed someone. An usher came up through the section a little later and gave everyone within a few rows of the aisle coupons for free stuff at the concession stand. Damn that was an awesome sight.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 5:19 pm

I once saw a vendor at Tiger Stadium lose control of his big, aluminum hot dog-selling box

That IS a spectacular story, but I really, really feel bad for the guy. One time I was at a game in Cincinnati & this super-cute blond cheerleader lookin' girl was a beer vendor. (Way more cool than the a cute girl driving the beer cart on a golf course.) At any rate, I said "Bud Select, miss" & "Thank you, miss" & she sat down for a second with an almost exhausted look on her face & say "You are the 1st person today that's called me 'miss' & not 'ma'am'". Shoulda hit on her, I know...

I wanna see the Royals this year too. Fucking fountains and shit in the outfield, ain't never been there.

Find a game that sounds good & let's go. I don't even need to see the Tribe or the Reds, although I'd love to see either team.
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 9:05 pm

OPENING DAY!!!!!!
Tribe and Fish looking good.
Yankees have 2 errors and are still winning.
Maybe sunshine for the first pitch at the Safe with the A's. It snowed north of hear in Snohomish last night and this morning. The Pheenom better bundle up now that he's all skinny; HIGH of 50 today.
TND, it sounds like you have tickets for every home game? I'm going tom. for ARMED FORCES NIGHT. Borat is supposed to sing the Anthem. I love it when the aircraft flies over and scares the shit out of the birds and rats.
They have opened Elysian Rest.&Bar. They'll be brewing right on premises; I don't know if they are doing it now, but soon. They are open.
I much rather go in there over the Pyramid. Pyramid paid these dudes to put on some beer bottle costumes and pass out flyers and it rained on 'em. They didn't even let 'em drink beer. I ask the one bottle if he was SURLY, and he said he was now. I don't think the Elysian pays dudes to put on bottle costumes. Duff Man is not cool.
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 9:44 pm

#1 - Micket Tettleton

He had a memorable batting stance, and always seemed to have a huge chaw in his cheek. I remember, perhaps in the early 90's, he hit HR's out of Tiger Stadium both left handed and right handed during the same week.

#2 - Joker Marchant Stadium

I went to a game there in 2000. I have never seen a parking lot with a greater percentage of handicap parking spots that that stadium! I also remember John McHale (former Tiger's president, good riddance) sitting by himself in a section right behind home plate. The section was sorta of cordoned off, I guess so he wouldn't be bothered by regular fans. A kid came down the aisle to watch from up close. McHale waives to security, and they ask the kid to leave. What a great executive.

#3 On mlb.com, you can get streaming audio to every single regular season baseball game this year for $15. It's great if you have web access during the day while at work, and are a baseball fan...especially if you're a Cubs fan since they play more day games than other teams.
Posted: May 2, 2007 9:07 pm

Seems the hating has already begun, but this year they get their shit back together and make it to the World Series.

Yankees are in last place in their division. The question now is, can they make the playoffs?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.
Yankees suck!!!!!
Yankees suck!!!!!
Yankees suck!!!!!
Posted: May 2, 2007 10:06 pm

The question now is, can they make the playoffs?

As soon as they get their pitching back in order, they'll have no problem. They'll make the playoffs, and not as a wild card team. I'm not worried.
Posted: May 2, 2007 10:38 pm

Now we're talkin'... What else is good for KC barbeque? Bryants is just the most famous. We will be in St. Louis in Oct for a wedding. I'd love to go to KC for a couple of days while we are out there

Bryant's is country style, and it's the best. their sauce truly unique. Gates is more "uptown". there's loads of others, best to check out a guide or something so as to take in the full complement.

I70 St. Louis to KC sucks however.
Posted: May 3, 2007 4:06 am

#3 On mlb.com, you can get streaming audio to every single regular season baseball game this year for $15. It's great if you have web access during the day while at work, and are a baseball fan...especially if you're a Cubs fan since they play more day games than other teams.

This is great. It's how we watch games at work on our laptops!

Bryant's is country style, and it's the best. their sauce truly unique. Gates is more "uptown". there's loads of others, best to check out a guide or something so as to take in the full complement.

Thanks for the tip!

I70 St. Louis to KC sucks however.

We've been warned by friends from StL.
Posted: May 3, 2007 5:35 am

It would appear that the Yankkes have been having a couple of issues lately. No big deal. They is gonna pull it out like they always do!!! I know they will!

GO YANKS!
Posted: May 3, 2007 6:05 am

All I care about is the Seattle Mariners. We had a rough start, but now we're above 500 so there.
Posted: May 3, 2007 7:40 am

GO YANKS!

First you show love for Michael McDonald and now this? Oh, Mikey, you really disappoint me. <sigh>
Posted: May 3, 2007 8:33 am

CAL
Posted: May 3, 2007 8:34 am

CAL RIPKEN WILL RETURN AND FUCK YOUR MOTHER'S ANUS, HER TITS WILL MELT WITH ORGASM, BALTIMORE ORIOLES WILL WIN THE PENNANT.
Posted: May 3, 2007 3:20 pm

Milwaukee Brewers = best record in baseball!!!!
Posted: May 3, 2007 6:53 pm

I've got to say, one of my favorite ballparks ever was the old McCarver Stadium in Memphis, even if he is a jerkwad

damn I loved that place, now all we got is a cookiecutter downtown
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 12:18 am

mets over angels in WS

Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!

looks like yankees may push for the wildcard but i will still take mets over angels in WS

and i don't even watch baseball!!
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 12:19 am

mets over angels in WS

Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!
Yankees Suck!!!!!!

i meant to quote that so as to disassociate myself from any yankees propaganda
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 5:53 am

Just got back form seeing the Cardinals get beat up on by the Angels over the weekend. It was pretty sad.

BUT HOW ABOUT THOSE YANKEES!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 11:30 pm

100 games to go, approximately.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

Is the All Star Game worth 125 smackers? Who's been?
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 4:03 am

Verlander's no-hitter was nice tonight.
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 4:13 am

Fuck yeah it was. Ya think this year is the one?
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 4:20 am

Verlander's no-hitter was nice tonight.

That was sweet!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 4:21 am

tribe in a tailspin; yankees unbeatable

woe is me
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Looks like the Yanks are heatin up. ....losers.

HAWW!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 6:43 pm

if they cld only play the pirates 36 times a season

hew hawww!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Or perhaps the Mariners. The Seamen are on a 9-1 terror down. Cubano Bettencourt is on his way to the All-Star Game. Mateo was forced out for roughing up his wife. J.J. Putz is now the MAN. Pirates,REDS, Boston coming here at the Safe after current road trip. Played Cubs last night in a 13 inn. thrill ride. The crowd wasn't saying ,"LOU!!!!","LOU!!!!!"; Rather ,"BOOO!!!!!","BOOOOO!!!!!" Seattlelites sure would like to have him back. When I go see the REDS I'm going to wear a brown paper bag over my head. I bleed RED and we suck!!!!!!! Jr. wishes he was playing with the M's now. Dunn on the block! Giants in last place in that Division, just in time for S.F. All-Star Game. Bonds hates America!! Brewers still in 1st in that Divsision!! BostonvsAngels for the American? The Rally Monkey is back.
BrewersvsMariners for the WS? Wow!! That would be awsome!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 14, 2007 1:14 am

Why not just call them "The Semen"?
Posted: Jun 14, 2007 1:15 am

Ok, that was a low blow.

Speaking of low blows, I hear A-Rod hired a midget
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 12:06 pm

the people who hate/d the wild card are/were nuts

i'll still take angels/mets in WS, but i prefer tribe/cubs

an i think

yanks can't get through the first round:

clemons is a pussy
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 12:09 pm

Duck Season!!!
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 3:24 pm

someone stick a fork in the tigers - they're done.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 4:01 pm

R.I.P. Ottawa Lynx
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 7:27 pm

Lofton pickup will ice the cake for the Tribe
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 4:08 am

al east red sox
al central tribe
al west angels

wild card fucking pussy yankkkees

Baker was right on with these predictions.

N.L. is a little off, but N.L. is for pussies, so who cares.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 8:16 am

Cub are up by 2 games with 4 to play.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 8:43 am

I should've gone looking for this thread...

I was at the the Indians/A's game on Sat/Sun & had a blast, never mind the Indians clinching on Sunday! Awesome! I started getting a little misty-eyed when they raised the AL Central championship banner.

Looks like Yankees now... The Angels can not catch the Sox or Indians for best record & Boston can't play New York in the Divisional round.

Carmona & Sabathia & pray for rain!
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 3:06 pm

The Mets have almost completed one of the biggest collapses in the history of baseball (only 3 teams have lost the pennant up by 7 games in the month of September.) I've been saying they are a mentally weak team for 2 years. Jose reyes has his head up his ass and David wright has grounded into about a dozen inning ending double plays with men in scoring position in the last few games. Not to mention the starting pitching and bullpen who can't hold any kind of lead. Omar and Willy are gonna have to go if they blow this.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 5:27 pm

American League: Boring, predictable "baseball" league wherein big money payrolls bring it home every year by not playing by the rules of real baseball

National League: Exciting, down-to-the-wire, impossible to call competition where savvy managers need to use their brains so as to optimize pitching and their entire rosters right up to the last day of the season.

American League baseball is NBA-style!
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm

i don't think al is boring at all; diff, yes, more explosive with more flexed muscles, sure, but in warfare, you always don't select the puniest men with the most stylish headdresses and colorful codpieces. i see nothing boring about sizemore/peralta/haf/v mart nor in them see a diff "brand" being played. and surely cubs/mets/d backs all have payrolls and players over "definable" good taste. it's a sports-wide prob of have nots not something indigenous to AL: see KC ans Seattle for pudding's proof.

as for strategy, sure double switches are cool and clever, but seeing randy johnson wave at a called third strike can't be THAT much more exciting than watching Ortiz in the ninth inning.

reyes has been the the season's most disappoiting player; i never thought wright was man of steel, but wagner and delgado and glavine and pedro shou;ld have known better. the mets will prolly win--smoltz shd win against phillies tonight--but man will they limp like syphilitic zombies into a first round defeat.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Pedro on the mound tonight vs. The Cards. If they don't win this one it's over.
(The thing with Wright is that he has Hall Of Fame (by modern standards) stats every year of his career but has never hit in the clutch with 2 outs and has wilted with the pressure on the last couple of weeks. The Mets have been weaker than a BVal comeback lately (if not the entire season). Go Mets?
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 7:40 pm

i don't think al is boring at all; diff, yes, more explosive with more flexed muscles, sure, but in warfare, you always don't select the puniest men with the most stylish headdresses and colorful codpieces

outside of the rhetoric I agree, but the differential in the "games" (i.e., rules) means the AL can own the NL because, and strictly because, of the advantage the DL brings throughout their game, not just 1 guy batting
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Rockies win 10 in a row. Can they do it? Can the Padres come back after their recent melt-down? The American has been decided. The National is in the last stretch, neck and neck. If the Cubs fans can behave themselves maybe they have a shot. Red Sox look good but I don't know if any team can deal with the Angels bat. They've been crushin' the ball all season. G. Anderson will be the WS MVP.
Subway Series again? Not a chance. Go Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 4:55 am

I totally dig the AL. Chicks dig the long ball. Pimps, too.

I can't believe how the Mets have fallen apart. I never thought their starters were that good, though. Their bullpen is a modest wreck & their starters are all 6 inning guys. Perez is hot & cold, Maine's come back to reality, Glavine is nowhere close to the horse he once was, & they should be thrilled to get 6 innings out of Pedro. Still, to have a 7 game lead with 17 games to go, only to be tied with a few games left is unreal.

Red Sox look good but I don't know if any team can deal with the Angels bat. They've been crushin' the ball all season. G. Anderson will be the WS MVP.

What the Angels have going for them is Mike Scioscia & John Lackey. Vlad is hurt, Matthews is hurt, Escobar has a shoulder problem. The Angels score a lot of runs for being a small ball team. Vlad is the only one on the team that has more than 20+ HRs. There's only 4 bats on the team with double digit HRs.

I think Scioscia is a stud, though. He's the only manager in the history of MLB that's defeated the Yankees twice during the post season.
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 1:44 pm

check out these possible (doomsday) scenarios!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3038686

baseball would end near thanksgiving!
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Well, it's almost over for the Mets. Maybe tonight they'll put their fans out of their misery. Pedro tried to put the losers on his back last night but Reyes and David Wrong didn't do a thing. Shea stadium was, as Gary Cohen described it "as quiet as a tomb." And I was wrong yesterday, The Mets will be the first team with a 7 game lead in September to blow the Pennant. History in the making.
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 3:41 pm

s Gary Cohen described it "as quiet as a tomb."

the best in the biz now btw
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Alright, The Mets are up by a lot early today with John Maine dealing. It can't possibly get any worse than last night. Time to turn this thing around. Let's Go Mets! Let's Go Mets! (Milledge just hit his second Jimmy Jack of the game!) 9-0 Mets.
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 8:22 pm

11-0

why is maine still there in case of a playoff and his being needed in the 8th inning on monday?
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 8:31 pm

He's got a no-hitter going and you're going to turn a game like this over to that bullpen? He's young,. He'll recover. Let's hope The Phillies lose at home against The Nationals later.
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 8:36 pm

i thought it was a one hitter watching now!
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 1:01 am

I can't believe the Phillies lost. Tomorrow is gonna be insane.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 5:45 am

Tomorrow's here. It is insane.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 5:59 am

And I was wrong yesterday, The Mets will be the first team with a 7 game lead in September to blow the Pennant. History in the making.

eh, just payback for the 'miracle' in '69...
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 3:58 pm

What can you say? I drank some Stellas and turned on the Taylor-Pavlick fight on HBO (missed it Saturday Night) and then watched The G-men destroy the Eagles. What a bunch of bums. (The Mets.) Go Red Sox!

(And I was actually right the first time, The Mets are the third team to blow the Pennant with a 7 game lead in September and the first to do it with 17 games left. Bums.)
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 5:05 am

The 1964 Phillies went 2-10 in their last 12 games to blow a big lead late, but it wasn't a 7 game lead with 17 games left.

Pavlik was a warrior's warrior. To get knocked down & keep on fighting is tough. To almost get knocked out & deliver a knockout is truly the stuff of a champion.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 5:28 am

God damn do I love watching Trevor Hoffman blow saves.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 6:57 am

God damn do I love watching Trevor Hoffman blow saves.

Jesus, JJ, you might have had an orgasm tonight...
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 2:56 pm

I may have, though I assure you the two incidents were not related.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 3:21 pm

cubs in 5
phillies in 4

cubs in 7 over phillies

red sox in 4
tribe in 5

red sox over tribe 6

red sox over cubs in 5

huge ratings; travis hafner becomes a folk hero; beckett shows he's best pitcher in big games; bartolo colon implodes from chile dog marathon; phillies are running on fumes; mets commit suicide; by the time i get to phoenix is killing me as i type; i have a date with a big boobed Albanian tomorrow; national league cements pussy reputation; torre gets fired, at last; reyes is arrested in a gay bar; johan santana gets traded for milledge, humber, gomez, and heilman; chaba chamberlain goes back to res and becomes a drunk faro dealer; bazooka joe moves to Pennsylvania and finds out the water for the toilet is jerry rigged to the ice making machine
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 7:57 pm

the kelly pavlik fight was awesome. awesome because he looked done in round 2 & came back to win.

plus, i'm originally from youngstown so i have to like pavlik.

i tried to explain to my wife that, while growing up, the days boom boom mancini would fight were like national holidays in y-town. everyone decked out in red, green & white. i don't think she believed me.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 8:36 pm

the kelly pavlik fight was awesome. awesome because he looked done in round 2 & came back to win.

Man, that was a great fight. I thought for sure it was over in the second round, but he pulled out a great comeback.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 9:28 pm

I just wanna see the Brewers and the Cubs play in an NL series, i luvs both them teams. I mean i love the Tigers but they aint in it this year. One of these days Cubs and Tigers, World Serious.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 7:52 pm

Cubs and Tigers, World Serious.

the I-94 series!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:33 am

The Cubs are about to be snuffed 3-1 in Game 1 vs. Arizona.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 8:19 am

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 8:27 am

I'll see 1st hand. I got tickets for Thursday & Friday nights' games in Cleveburg.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:10 am

I guess you are talking about Game 2.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 2:00 pm

i was at the tribe game last night. and i'm still waiting for the yankees to show up.

losers of 11 of their last 14 postseason games & 4 straight.

a-fraud = 4-for-43 (.093) with no RBIs in his last 13 postseason games.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 5:54 pm

It's the curse of A-Rod. He just --- doesn't ---- care. A-rod is an A-hole.

The West is Best! Go Rockies, D-backs, Angels!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 6:04 pm

yeah, yeah....no biggie...I'll see you at the ticker tape parade in the Canyon of Heros in lower Manhattan in November. Waving at Gay Rod up on that float for winning the series for The World Champion New York Yankees.

You'll see....
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 6:26 pm

The West is Best! Go Rockies, D-backs, Angels!!!

angels might get swept.
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 4:57 pm

Woah! Manny being Manny! The Tribe besting the Yankees in two at home! (That was pricless seeing Joba Chamberlain self-cumbust in a swarm last night. Yankee fans are actually trying to conivince themselves that it was the bugs that made them lose. Hah!) I can't even watch the NL Playoff games this year and I'm a NL guy!
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 9:07 pm

a-fraud = 4-for-43 (.093) with no RBIs in his last 13 postseason games.

did you notice he was the only guy not being bothered by the bugs...

his shit really must not stink, eh?
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 11:16 pm | Edited by: jerryd

The yanks bats HAVE to come alive at some point. Last nights game was more depressing than thursdays. It's not looking too good.
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 11:48 pm

The yanks bats HAVE to come alive at some point.

i'm guessing march.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 12:13 am

i was at the tribe game last night. and i'm still waiting for the yankees to show up.

I was at Friday & Saturday's game. It was wild! The crowd was exhausted in extra innings! They were nowhere near as rowdy in the 10th & 11th.

Fucked up weather! Snowouts in April & 83 @ gametime in Oct!

Best sign I saw...

A-Rod $27 million
Jeter $21 million
Posada $13 million
Matsui $12 million

0-14 Priceless

How 'bout Carmona? Except for Cabrera's HR, I don't believe a Yankee reached 3rd base. 9 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 5 K (3 of A-Rod & 2 of Jeter!)
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 12:17 am

Watching The Yankees lose is almost as good as watching The Mets win.

About to start watching NL Playoff games...
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 4:10 am

Cubs swept out!!!

Didn't see that one coming.

Think the sames going to happen to the phillies later tonight
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 5:25 am

yeah, yeah....no biggie...I'll see you at the ticker tape parade in the Canyon of Heros in lower Manhattan in November. Waving at Gay Rod up on that float for winning the series for The World Champion New York Yankees.

You'll see....

Still waiting...

I hope for your sake that you're right, cause if you aren't, you are most definately going to hear it.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 8:36 am

Watching The Yankees lose is almost as good as watching The Mets win.

Riggler, you've ripped me a couple of times for no good reason, but not only do I not hold grudges, I frankly admire you for that comment.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 5:26 am

Well, bad news for the Indians letting them back in the series tonight. Yankees catch fire and win the division series. Done deal, pal. Done deal.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 8:24 am

Well, bad news for the Indians letting them back in the series tonight. Yankees catch fire and win the division series. Done deal, pal. Done deal.

We will see. You are the one who should be worried if the Yankees really start Wang on short rest. They won't pitch Hughes tomorrow, Chamberlain has come back to earth, & Mussina makes $14 million & can't even get a playoff appearance. If Wang can't get to Rivera, the Yankees pen is toast & I quite like the Indians chances.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 1:15 am

OH.MY.GOD......
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 3:40 am

Get religion quick, Yankees fans. You may have a mere 9 outs left in your season.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 3:48 am

et religion quick, Yankees fans. You may have a mere 9 outs left in your season.
lives
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:32 am

File A-Rod under too little, too late. Yankees fans, you now have 3 outs left in your season.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:42 am

The Yankees are a $200 million pile of suck!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:45 am

Torre has guided the Yankees to the playoffs every year since he has been their manager & Steinbrenner is about to cut his throat & bury him.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:48 am

Well that was thoroughly depressing.

Go Indians, I guess.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:50 am

Hey, see if that done deal will fit somewhere!

$1.3 billion in salaries since the 2001 season & no championships to show for it. Hardee-Mutha-Fukkin'-Har-Har.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:59 am

Well that was thoroughly depressing.

Go Indians, I guess.

Hunt me down sometime & I'll buy you a drink. It's just baseball. No hard feelings.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:53 pm

watching those pinstriped foo's made me hate 'em all over again.

especially A-rod. that guy is a curse.

Go Tribe! Scalp the Sox!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:54 pm

Done deal, pal. Done deal.

all fucking done in fact.

bosox/tribe! GO RED SAWX!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 6:04 pm

This is a terrible day for NY. I've thought Torre should have gone a couple years back. I mean, nothing will ever be the 96 Yanks, but come on already! 200 million dollars and you can't hit a ball with a stick? Unbelieveable. Good riddance Joe. Good Luck Indians....

LAME.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 6:11 pm

Good riddance Joe.

ha! if it weren't for torre i doubt the yankees would have come out of their early season tail spin. the problem isn't the coaches, it's the front office. they've turned the yankees into the red sox of the late '70s with high priced hitters at every position and a starting rotation of overpaid underperfoming pitchers who are YEARS past their prime.

way to go cashman! i'm sure all of new england thanks you for your help this season!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 6:15 pm

LAME.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 7:49 pm

Sounds like Tony LaRussa's gonna be the new Yankees manager. Torre wanted to pitch Mussina last night but Cashman made him pitch Wang. Sounds like Mariano wants out and is gonna explore other options. I could see him reeling off a couple more World Championships somewhere else. Maybe with Torre. Jeter, Posada, A-Rod, Wang and Clemens all choked. Congratulations to Mullet and his Cleveland Indians for a job well done. Now we'll see what they're really made of against The Red Sox.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:18 pm

I dont like baseball.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®