Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fistful Records
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:26 pm

Didn't these guys put out a Hipshakes single? What kinda label is this? Apparently they're putting out a single by The Glow. The dude from that band wrote to me and asked me what I thought of their new song. This is what I told him:

Seriously... can you tell me what's going on with this song? I don't get why you're covering "Being With You." Is your band supposed to have some kinda relationship with garage music or psych? Cuz I'm not getting it. Who are you trying to please with that? I honestly wanna know, cuz if you think you're gonna win over any serious rock'n'roll motherfuckers doing that, you won't. I'm honestly baffled. What I'm getting out of this is that you don't know anything about real rock'n'roll and you're trying to cash in on a style you heard was selling records, and failing miserably. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just asking you if I'm right in my assumptions.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:33 pm

ugh....whoah.
they remind me of a local Chicago "garage-rawk" act called Suffraget...

something stinks...& it ain't my upper lip this time.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:37 pm

something stinks...& it ain't my upper lip this time.

Dad?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:38 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

He's read the message. He better fucking reply, cuz I feel really insulted. Dude was asking me about the Seeds a couple months ago. Did you see the bands in their "top friends" section? Can you tell me, is there something rotten in Denmark???
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Oh, no...its not a "Being with you Cover"...just involves an excerpt from that song...the song RocknRoll is a tribute to Motown and Glam Rock. Just a mantra/Anthem like song. Has the Soul Bass line , Garage Rythm guitar and 50's RocknRoll lead...with the Glam like chants of "We love RocknRoll!"...its an amalgamation of RocknRoll...hence the name. We have all types of songs from Glam to instrumentals to Blues...to Rockabilly...Psych etc...thats why we call our style of play "Jukejoint" ...like a Juke Box we have variety and like a Joint, we are smokin'...the other two songs on the single is going to be Anthem #1 which is Glam Rock and Purfume which is Do wop blues...we ain't trying to cash in on any particular thing...just expressing ourselves...Bob Dylan was quoted to say that Smokey was his favorite poet...and even though we used a line from an 80's smokey song...they are still good lyrics...and what style are we trying to cash in on...we're just concerned with playing RockRoll...we play what we like which is Psychedelic, Glam, Soul, Bossanova, Jazz, Blues etc...it has many forms...the only style that is being expressed heavily at the moment in the underground rocknroll scene is punk and Rockabilly and garage...we employ the organ , tambo and acoustic guitar because we love em...its a song thats light and danceable...
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:47 pm

It's the label from a guy in Utrecht,Holland, who I regularly speak at shows. Nice guy, good label, so far, dunno anything about the Glow and I'm too lazy to go to their myspace at the moment...

AFOR 001 El Zombie, Stinky 7"
Extinct Myself
Depressor Man
Stinky
I Got A Hit
AFOR 002 Jeffrey Novak's One Man Band, Down 7"
Down
Don't Wanna Live Alone
Get Out
Rockin' Horse
AFOR 003 El Zombie, Amongst Nobodies 7"
Amongst Nobodies
Outlaws
(I Want) Compensation
Don't Like The World
AFOR 004 Black Time, I Hate The World And The World Hates Me 7"
I Hate The World And The World Hates Me
Sleepwalking
Chinese Mechanics
P.TRASH 23/AFOR 006 Digger & The Pussycats, Live At World Cup 2006 7"
Fashion Victim (live)
Little Honda (live)
Working At A Desk (live)
Just A Little Bit (live)
AFOR 008 Hipshakes, Stick Around 7"
Brain Numb
Mr. Wack
Stick Around
See Me Coming

http://www.grunnenrocks.nl/label/a/afistfulofrecords.htm
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:48 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Go listen to that shit. I dare you. You need to know what I'm talking about.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Pfffff, okay....
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:50 pm

I can't listen at work, but I can tell by the pictures...
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:54 pm

they love rocknroll. didn't you listen?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:58 pm

The guy that emailed you bazooka told me (the first time I met him mind you) that he was gonna be bigger than Jimi Hendrix. He then proceeded not to let me read my paper by telling me that he was bipolar. Everything started to fall into place then.....jeesh...
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:01 pm

Wow! A DIRECT LIFT from "being with you".
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:01 pm

Are you fucking serious? Was this at Cool and Crazy?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:07 pm

HA, me like!!!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:08 pm

I told ya Fistful is a good label!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:10 pm

I hope your kidding. That's the worst crap EVER. Oh wait, you like the Ghetto Ways.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:12 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

You're just jealous I found a new favorite band and you're stuck into the sixties
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Are you comparing the 50's to Smokey Robinson's smash hit from 1981?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Oh, no...its not a "Being with you Cover"...just involves an excerpt from that song...the song RocknRoll is a tribute to Motown and Glam Rock. Just a mantra/Anthem like song. Has the Soul Bass line , Garage Rythm guitar and 50's RocknRoll lead...with the Glam like chants of "We love RocknRoll!"...its an amalgamation of RocknRoll...hence the name. We have all types of songs from Glam to instrumentals to Blues...to Rockabilly...Psych etc...thats why we call our style of play "Jukejoint" ...like a Juke Box we have variety and like a Joint, we are smokin'...the other two songs on the single is going to be Anthem #1 which is Glam Rock and Purfume which is Do wop blues...we ain't trying to cash in on any particular thing...just expressing ourselves...Bob Dylan was quoted to say that Smokey was his favorite poet...and even though we used a line from an 80's smokey song...they are still good lyrics...and what style are we trying to cash in on...we're just concerned with playing RockRoll...we play what we like which is Psychedelic, Glam, Soul, Bossanova, Jazz, Blues etc...it has many forms...the only style that is being expressed heavily at the moment in the underground rocknroll scene is punk and Rockabilly and garage...we employ the organ , tambo and acoustic guitar because we love em...its a song thats light and danceable...

If you need 8 paragraphs to explain what the fuck you're doing...you shouldn't be doing it.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:14 pm

no
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm

I THINK HE WAS, JOE!!!!
E-PUNCH HIM!!!!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:24 pm

PA-POW!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:26 pm

I would like to see the whole reply without all of the sections you ... out.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:28 pm

that was EVERYTHING, word for word, from both of us. why would i leave anything out?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Sorry, I was making a hilarious joke.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:31 pm

...thats why we call our style of play "Jukejoint" ...like a Juke Box we have variety and like a Joint, we are smokin'

someone please steal this bands equipment.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:33 pm

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Whenever people ask what my band sounds like I have trouble explaining. I think I just got my explanation!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Woah, I looked at the other pics. GROSS!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Whoa. Those kids need to put some clothes on. Or, take it ALL off. But either way, stop making music.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm

i wonder if dtrain realizes he's playing with this band on saturday night
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:51 pm

What? I play in the Clean Teens!!!???I don't play in no Glow....
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:51 pm

Expressing yourself is for hippies.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:54 pm

i mean the Clean Teens are playing with the Glow on saturday night (according to the Glow's myspace page)
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Expressing yourself is for hippies.

AHEM.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:59 pm

So why would Fistful be putting this out???
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 10:03 pm

They were suppose to send me some 45's in the mail. Im still waiting.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 10:50 pm

i think those two sang "too much in love" with king kahn and bbq show at the cakeshop show.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 12:36 am

Is the person that runs fistful a dude and is he horny? I think that accounts for KKBQ letting them sing as well.

you see the world is based on a series of blowjobs.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 3:54 am

yikes. its definitely tough to overcome any association with a photo like that greased up shirtless one on the myspace...

in her defense, the girl singer (it looks like she plays bass in the photos) was actually very nice.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 4:15 am

you see the world is based on a series of blowjobs.

HEY! - that's not what you told me!
unfair!
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 6:41 am

i mean the Clean Teens are playing with the Glow on saturday night (according to the Glow's myspace page)

I have been suprisingly informed today, that the CLEEN TEENS are the headlining act. hahahahaha.....I dunno how THAT happenned....

so it goes

The Glow 9
Blue Black Bottoms 10
Cleen Teens 11

I guess these other bands need an hour or somethin???? Our set is 10 songs 20 minutes.....
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 7:08 am

need an hour
they gotta tune the drums man!
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 3:02 pm

in her defense, the girl singer (it looks like she plays bass in the photos) was actually very nice.

They are BOTH very nice, but after hearing that song, and finding out that a "punk" label is putting it out, I'm completely offended.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey Bazooka Joe,
Thanks for all the free publicity, and yeah: we're gonna bring out a 7inch by the Glow, and yeah: we're a "punk" label, I guess.
I didn't know you were that easily offended.

Some other 7inches we're working on, hope they're punk enough for you:
-split 7inch Anomalys/GarbageWhores (realy punk!, the Anomalys are from the used-to-be Gay-capital of the world and the Garbage Whores are pretty gay-friendly too, hmmm.... something to think about LisaLisa)
-7inch by the Griefs (Lp out on Spoonful records, realy good, not excatly punk if you ask me)
-7inch by the Kamikaze Trio (=Digger & the Pussycat + bass) with a "Death Party"-cover and 2 new originals. Cd out now on In-fidelity, also pretty punk.
Okidoki?

and @Saint Sarah: I'll get back to you about them 45s
@Jasper: bedankt voor de vriendelijke woorden, zien we je nog een keertje in Utrecht of wat?

Cheers, Coen/A fistful of records
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:41 pm

The Griefs 45 on Spoonful is amazing. I need more!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:51 pm

We have all types of songs from Glam to instrumentals to Blues...to Rockabilly...Psych etc...thats why we call our style of play "Jukejoint"

i'm guessing this is like the friend you make at work because they're "into" music, but they're still kinda clueless, and never really moved beyond liking the kinda bad, alternative stuff they listened to when they were 14. then they start a band when they're 28, with some other people of the same mind, which is always a disaster. they're into "everything" so they write 100 different songs that sound like bad copies of 100 different bands. they're nice people, but not smart enough, or truly musical enough to write anything original. in most cases, they end up playing 4 shows a year at some bad neighborhood bar that never really books shows. in this case, it sounds like someone got tricked into putting out a record for them. i think we all deal with these people, and i always feel bad about being a musical snob, but then still want to throw them in a pit.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks for all the free publicity

No problem! Email me for an address to send royalty checks.

we're gonna bring out a 7inch by the Glow, and yeah

Uhhh, you sure you wanna do that? You've already heard it, right?

Looking forward to thew Anomalys! WOOHOO!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:21 pm

don't know why i missed the start of the this thread, but i know that band. they used to be called halfmoon and live in atlanta but all of a sudden decided to move to NYC and start over.

cole from black lips kinda took them under his wing for a bit and helped them record their first demo (as halfmoon). but it kinda went unnoticed.

if anyone has the black lips live at rob's house tape, halfmoon is one of the opening bands.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:01 pm

(realy punk!, the Anomalys are from the used-to-be Gay-capital of the world and the Garbage Whores are pretty gay-friendly too, hmmm.... something to think about LisaLisa)

ok, i'm REALLY not sure what this has to do with me...BUT

a. I don't give a shit if you're gay but if you're music sucks i do care...well, i don't care but, um...er, you know what i mean... so you're saying gay people like that? who's insulting gays now?

b. the series of blowjobs comment was from Mr. Show not of my own design.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:57 pm

who's insulting gays now

me
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 8:17 pm

BEST THREAD EVER!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 8:21 pm

WORST BAND EVER!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:19 pm

WORST BAND EVER!

they pretty much got banned from every venue in atlanta (and a couple stores) for this reason.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:00 pm

hey remind me of a local Chicago "garage-rawk" act called Suffraget...

I almost got arrested on a beach with these guys and chick once.

Yeah, not too good, but they could party.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Wait, hey, I know some o' those peeps. They're cool kids. Didn't listen, maybe later. Joe's afraid of tha sexxeeee.

Hey dtrain, yr in Lean Teens? We're playin w/ you, LFD, and River City Taanlines in April. Radddd.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:08 pm

C^
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:08 pm

C^
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:12 pm

I'm only afraid of lame.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:16 pm

Yes we are Heir ick! Yes we are! I will be taping that show for my show as well....
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:19 pm

and lametrain.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:19 pm

Oh shit! gotta get my tux back from the dry cleaners by then.

I'm only afraid of lame.

Fair enough. Drummer's lookin purty aight tho.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:25 pm

hey bazooka joe (turd). why don't u make some music of your own instead of feeding off of other bands and making fun of those who are actually in bands trying to offer up something original. your vain condescension is a joke. and cutting and pasting private e-mails and posting them is a major moral breach. u suck.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:47 pm

What's so private about someone describing their music? the music itself is public so who gives a shit? i made a song once but my radical band the Real Rong Numbers NYC broke up, but let it be known that we fucking ruled. and what the fuck is original about singing a line from one of the worst 80's hits ever to be lip-synced on Solid Gold over a fucking bad mess of Soul Bass line , Garage Rythm guitar and 50's RocknRoll lead...with the Glam like chants of "We love RocknRoll!" There's NOTHING original about what you're (is it you?) doing. Just typical williamsburg hipster fashionista bullshit. It's my duty (and all of our duty's) to tell the good folks of gonerboardland when a once-respectable label is about to fuck us outta $4 for a seven inch that isn't even worth the vinyl it's pressed on. All I give a fuck about its quality and I was asked what I thought about this song. It's so bad I was sent on a shit talking RAMPAGE. I've been known for always expressing my honest opinion, but this shit is so fucking wretched there's no way I could show the slightest mercy. It has driven me over the edge and I wanna break shit and not in a good way.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:51 pm

major moral breach.
no it ain't.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:52 pm

awesome
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:52 pm

and cutting and pasting private e-mails and posting them is a major moral breach

So you don't want people to know how you describe your OWN music? Interesting!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:53 pm

SeminalFluid: is that what that guy has all over his chest?

Can LAZOR be on this label? We have a video now. Apparently.

making fun of those who are actually in bands trying to offer up something original.

that's what i do when the band in question is trying to scam people out of their souls.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:57 pm

cutting and pasting private emails is pretty lame. thats why im not saying another word about the 4 i just got from the action man.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:59 pm

i dont think it falls under the private email category. its not a secret how he thinks his own band sounds.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:59 pm

Is he going to sue you or something?
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:14 pm

shhhhh
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:17 pm

"(is it you?)", what a jerk! public music vs. private e-mails, duh-ble jerk! chastising a label owner publicly for a record they're about to put out, triple. that joke about u're fake band ain't funny anymore. u're a gas bag. u got something to say about everything and u amount to nothing musically. a spoiled wannabee ass w/ a bunch of records. The Glow are cool. i know cause i've seen 'em live. have you? idiot.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:42 pm

A+++ thread, would read again.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:47 pm

that's what i do when the band in question is trying to scam people out of their souls.

bazooka pig, you'd have to have a soul in order to make an informed statement about one.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:52 pm

GREATEST THREAD EVER!

I wanna looksee at those weird myspace pics again! Oh wait, no i don't....

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:54 pm

have you checked the other gabillion message boards in space, someone else might be talkin shit too.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Lets check!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:05 am

[i]Lets check![/i

hey ho, let's go! onward!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:06 am

yer not gettin anywhere with that kinda message board experience
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:13 am

I wanna looksee at those weird myspace pics again! Oh wait, no i don't....

yes you do
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:14 am

No -- no I really don't.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:18 am

The Glow are models.

The Glow are \"beautiful people.\"

The Glow is the ENEMY.

Fistful is MORE the enemy for attempting to dupe punk rock fans into buying groovy hipster party music. This is a scam and it stinks.

I\'m not spoiled. I\'m one of the broke assest motherfuckers around. I live in QUEENS in an apt. infested with mice.

The Glow being a fake band was never funny cuz it ain\'t no joke.

u amount to nothing musically.

that makes two of us!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:21 am

I can't wait to rock tomorrow.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:24 am

Your band sucks too faggot!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:25 am

Maybe. But at least we're FAST!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:26 am

WOOHOO!!! PARTY!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:38 am

that makes two of us!

i'm not in the Glow dude. i just think they're kinda cool and you go too foul
w/ your hurtful and stinky venom.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:41 am

Yeah, I was wondering wht that smell was. Take a fukkin SHOWER Bazooka Fag!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:43 am

I just want to sing "Danger Zone" to BJ. That's all. ONE DAY!

you go too foul

.thats why we call our style of play "Jukejoint" ...like a Juke Box we have variety and like a Joint, we are smokin'

If this aint the Glow dude I'll eat his jaunty Stevie Nicks hat!

He's mexican...whaddaya expect? have ya ever smelled a mexican?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:44 am

HIGHWAY TOOOOO THE DANGER ZONE!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:46 am

This thread has made my day, thank you dtrain, BJ, and gay-hatin' Lisa. Continue!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:47 am

This thread has made my day

Um, you haven't seen the new LAZOR video.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:49 am

HOW CAN I HATE GAYS...I'M MARRIED TO GAY BILL!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:51 am

And if it weren't for Gay Bill, there would be no LAZOR.

LAZOR is the Propane, Propane of the Spring of '07.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:52 am

And seriously, Lisa. Quit hating on the queers.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:52 am

If this aint the Glow dude I'll eat his jaunty Stevie Nicks hat!

Start Salivatin'. the daisy suede's a cometh!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:53 am

Your welcome! My favorite line is

.its a song thats light and danceable..

Wha? Why?

And Jack, where can I see this Lazor vid?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:00 am

Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:01 am

The Glow are models.

The Glow are \"beautiful people.\"

The Glow is the ENEMY.

so it's your own sense of wart faced self-loathing that set off this whole rampage. AHHEMM HAWW!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:08 am

yeah, i'm a punk, not a cop.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:09 am

i haven't been to the dentist in 15 years. you should see my teeth. i'm hella spoiled.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:10 am

im a punk rock cop
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:12 am

To be fair, Simon and his girl Nakia are very nice kids. This is more about Fistful and their fucked up scam than anything else. If this was gonna be on a label that never put out a Hipshakes record I wouldn't care at all.

Hipshakes RULE!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:12 am

Seminal fluid should go listen to Abbey Road Kill and find out where I'm coming from.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:14 am

I smell diggler.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:15 am

No, I take that back. It's garlic. The lady's making linguine w/clam sauce.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:17 am

I LOVE EXPERTS!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:25 am

I'm so punk when I listen to Back From Samoa I play it at 45 with the pitch adjuster set all the way plus.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:25 am

i play it on 78
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:27 am

OMG! Thats video is AWESOME! Thanks Robin!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:38 am

i haven't been to the dentist in 15 years. you should see my teeth. i'm hella spoiled.

AAWWW. i guess we all have our priorities. LET IT SNOW!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:45 am

Seminal fluid should go listen to Abbey Road Kill and find out where I'm coming from.

Blow Job should listen to SEX VID and find out where i'm coming from.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:45 am

I'm so punk I play it on 16 speed!....dar hur hur hur....
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:46 am

uh oh...I think I know who you are Seminal....
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:52 am

This is more about Fistful and their fucked up scam than anything else.

whining widdew kid.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:54 am

Out yourself seminal! Your SEX VID reference has givin you away!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:57 am

i'm not in the Glow dude. i just think they're kinda cool and you go too foul

Someone please start a band called STINKY VENOM.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:06 am

It's my duty (and all of our duty's) to tell the good folks of gonerboardland when a once-respectable label is about to fuck us outta $4 for a seven inch that isn't even worth the vinyl it's pressed on.

Yeah! And what's SeminalFluids problem? I mean, besides the obvious ridiculous name he chose. And the stupid rants. And the shitty opinions. I mean, besides that, what's his problem?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:20 am

what's his problem?

stinky venom.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:21 am

Gotta watch out for that.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:30 am

Out yourself seminal!

touch yourself Ltrain!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:38 am

ha-ha...Thanks Chris. (?)
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:54 am

(just laugh and nod)
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:38 am

STINKY VENOM

lisa & I were totally talking about this...you in Jay?.....
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:11 pm

This is more about Fistful and their fucked up scam than anything else. If this was gonna be on a label that never put out a Hipshakes record I wouldn't care at all.
Fistful is MORE the enemy for attempting to dupe punk rock fans into buying groovy hipster party music. This is a scam and it stinks.
It's my duty (and all of our duty's) to tell the good folks of gonerboardland when a once-respectable label is about to fuck us outta $4 for a seven inch that isn't even worth the vinyl it's pressed on.

Eeuh yeah, I guess we got your point, Joe. I think it has something to do with because we put out a Hipshakes 7inch we're not allowed to bring out another 7inch by another band (although they're "very nice kids"....) that's not approved by world famous DJ Bazooka Joe. Because that would be a scam?
I don't know, I don't think that's very punk, Joe. At least not in my book.
And if you really think we're into this to scam you out of your miserable 4$, (well, it will actually be a little more, with the low dollar and all): think again I would say.
I think it pretty offensive of you to accuse us of something like that, and I think the 'good folks of the gonerboardland' are (wo-)man enough to decide for themselves, and guess what; you don't have to freakin' buy the single, it's a free world you know, you condescending twat.
Cheers,
Coen/a fistful of records
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Bazooka Joe won't even listen to LAZOR. I don't trust it.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:56 pm

STINKY VENOM

lisa & I were totally talking about this...you in Jay?.....

I'm in! We can be a Venom cover band, and just not rehearse any of the songs ahead of time.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:04 pm

PEE! YU!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:05 pm

OK then, we'll be a "jukejoint" band, with all types of songs from Glam to instrumentals to Blues...to Rockabilly...Psych etc...
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:19 pm

Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:25 pm

I meant PEE YU in a good way because I'm not sure if you know it but rock and roll has many forms...and the only style that is being expressed heavily at the moment in the underground rocknroll scene is punk and Rockabilly and garage...we will employ the organ , tambo and acoustic guitar because we love them!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Just so long as we're very nice kids.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:37 pm

If I'm not invited to join Stinky Venom in the next, oh, ten posts, I'm going to cry the tears of a clown.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:40 pm

don't you have to ask Wendell if he cares??? I know your "swamp stomp" band takes up much of your time these days.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:41 pm

considering I just kicked Jay out of the band in another thread - YOU'RE IN!!

but will Wendell let you play in another band at this point?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:48 pm

let's just take a sec to remind everyone...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/roebots/DSC00775.jpg
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Kicking me out on a whim isn't very "very nice kid" of you, Bill.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Kicking me out on a whim isn't very "very nice kid" of you, Bill.

See - this is why you're out - things like this....
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Go kiss an ass.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:06 pm

as I said in another thread, Jay - YOU GOT MOXIE, kid.....

you're rehired.
Eric - You're out.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Bill- go sell some records or books so we can go to that show...
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Band sucks. And the Dutch aren't good for anything except making discographies.

Cheers!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:00 pm

let's just take a sec to remind everyone...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/roebots/DSC00775.jpg

Is this a soundcheck? where are the people? Is this a tiki bar? Looks like a tiki bar or somethin......AND THAT BACK DROP! WOW!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Nan!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Coen, we all will be coming to dBs next week for the Explosive!
And were bringing Miss Brasil too!!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:37 pm

tears of a clown.

better than "being with you"
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Somebody call the WAAAAAAMBULANCE!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:42 pm

Hey Joe, your comin to the show tonight right? (cough-cough)
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:42 pm

Tears of a Clown was Bill's favorite song when he was a kid...

Geez, I guess Soul Glow is right about Dylan being right about Smokey Robinson.

I'm gonna sit down with a tambo and play a little bossanova right now.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:45 pm

Fistful is a Bellrays sympathizer.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:47 pm

Bellrays sympathizer

DO they need some sympathy?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Hang on' I'll get my violin...
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:50 pm

one time that i saw them they were great...last 6 or so years...ech.

HIPSHAKES still RULZ!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:50 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

DO they need some sympathy?

if by sympathy you mean murder.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:52 pm

uh-oh...Better go get the timpani's...be right back...
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:52 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Hang on' I'll get my violin...

uh-oh...Better go get the timpani's...be right back...

it's all in The Glows practice space.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:53 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~ZING!~~~~~~~~~~

Hee=Haww!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm

if by sympathy you mean murder.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:55 pm

This just in! Special apperance at tonight's Cleen Teen's/Glow show by Goner Board's own...

da da da daaaaaaaa

BAZZOOKKKA JOE!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm

fuck you bith I'm sitting right here and eating chinese food! i just woke up. ouch.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:00 pm

I wish I was eating Chinese food. Even though I might puke if I did. Double ouch.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:00 pm

I just woke up too. I'm ready to ROCK! Are you ready? Then I'm ready!--Thin Lizzy..your favorite!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:03 pm

Thin Lizzy

Do you need a feminine napkin? Because that sure sounds like a pussy band.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:03 pm | Edited by: bowie

Thin Lizzy IS my favorite. I love 6 foot tall black Irish men that sing in awesome rock bands.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:04 pm

pussy band.

Are you fucking kidding me?!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Uh...are you blind? Look outside Jack, it's BLACK IRISHMAN DAY today.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Yeah, I'm ready to rock... Borat dvd was in the mailbox today. WOOHOO!!!

Thats some funny ass shit.....Borat...that is...

I love 6 foot tall black Irish men that sing in awesome rock bands.

that's the exact opposite of fagmiester josh idiot string.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:08 pm

Are you fucking kidding me?!

No.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:10 pm

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:11 pm

link no good
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:11 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

for being too pussy.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:12 pm

Stupid ass Lynott "Sarah" gay song got removed.

Try this one.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:17 pm

that's the exact opposite of fagmiester josh idiot string.

You love him.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Chris Teenager I can't believe you turned out to be such a fucking douche.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:21 pm

forgot all about the gold.
thanks for reminding me
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:22 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

fagmiester josh idiot string

He's the drummer. From the GF2 dvd.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:24 pm

bahaha
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:28 pm

bahaha

Whatever.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:30 pm

Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:32 pm

fagmiester josh idiot string
http://www.youtube.com

Was that bradx with the giant pumpkin head?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:46 pm

not that again.....ugh..
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:46 pm

I couldn't see anything! Too dark! Too dark!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:37 am

my wife was readin the tribal paper today and told me im normal cause all indians have big heads.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:38 am

I'm also Indian and have a kinda big head, but not pumpkin big. But they did have to order an extra large graduation cap for me from HS. Me and one big giant football player.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:39 am

So that was you, though, right?
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:51 am

absolutely. i'd prefer to be noticed mainly for my fretboard wizardry though.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:53 am

Nah, just your big head.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 1:17 am

Flatheads, not fatheads.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 1:37 am

Thin Lizzy

... a pussy band.

I bet those dudes got more pussy than a Chinese whorehouse.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 1:42 am

Has anyone ever seen the cover of a ThinLizzy album where Phil Lynott is wearing those leather pants and all you can see is (as me & me friends call it) his cinnamon roll? OWWWWWWWW! And I mean that literally. OOOOOWWWWWWW!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 2:31 am

Funny ... I'm here getting drunk, getting ready to go see the Cleen Teeens and listening to Thin Lizzy. Woohoo!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 2:32 am

YAY FOR THIN LIZZY!
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®