Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / GONER NCAA TOURNEY POOL
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:25 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

Group: Goner Records
Password: memphis

okay, 10 bucks to get in... paypal to gonerrecords@bellsouth.net

winner gets Goner Records Gift Certificate for total amount...

freeloaders who win get nothing... the more folks who join, the bigger the pot!

thanks to kevin e for setting it up!
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:32 pm

END OF THREAD>
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 4:33 am

wait, where do i sign up?
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 5:57 am

What am I missing trying to sign in on the page? It won't let me, so maybe I'm going to the wrong section. Don't you sign in where it sais member name and password? Need some help!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 6:57 am

rad!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:24 am

from the page:

Please use the Universal Login feature at the top of the page to access your account.

Don't have an account? Sign up here for free!

+++++++++++++++

there's a login at the very top of the page... or you can sign up for a new name and get in the damn game! time is tight people! time is tight!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:58 am | Edited by: elle

i'm gonna stop by the store and drop off 10 bucks. i really wish that ohio state wasn't in the same bracket as memphis. that makes me nervous. ergh. for once, i didn't pick my team to win. i am being realistic since i like gift certificates for records. heheh.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm

OK, help. I filled out my 3 brackets, joined the group and then when you try to look at them, they come up still blank. WHA?
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 4:31 pm

do you pay ten bucks for every bracket or are we filling out a certain number each?
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm

$10=1 Bracket...as many as you want.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 5:44 pm

I'm having trouble signing in too. I put the name (Goner Records) and password (memphis) in the login at the top of the page, but it keeps saying "member name and password not found." saispas, how'd you join the group?
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 5:51 pm

The sign in is case sensitive. I had that problem, too, but made sure it was capital "G", capital "R" and lower case "m" and voila, IN.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm having trouble signing in too. I put the name (Goner Records) and password (memphis) in the login at the top of the page, but it keeps saying "member name and password not found." saispas, how'd you join the group?

first you need to create a user account, then you need to join the group using that group name and password.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 6:39 pm

i am in

go fuckeyes!!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 7:16 pm

Got it.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:04 pm

Posted: Mar 13, 2007, 8:44 am Quote

OK, help. I filled out my 3 brackets, joined the group and then when you try to look at them, they come up still blank. WHA?

Yeah, now I'm having that problem too. Grrr.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Oh. Nevermind. It came up blank the first time, but I can access it now.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm in! Go Kansas!!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 9:47 pm

is kansas still in the union? fucking jayhawkers
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 10:24 pm

I keep getting an error message when I try and submit my bracket. It's really pissing me off. I already lost one bracket doing this. I guess I'll try, try again
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 11:07 pm

don't worry jerry, me and miss faye definitely aren't making fun of you and how you spent all day not getting that thing to work. we are definitely not doing that right now.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 11:37 pm

Oh. Nevermind. It came up blank the first time, but I can access it now.

Me too. Now I just have to pay up! Ryan and I are paying in one fell swoop, by the way, "admin".
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 12:32 am

eric, i'll bring some money tonight for this
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 1:46 am

I will bring some $$ by the stow as well!!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 3:31 am

one million dollars on the cubs!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 10:05 am

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:58 pm

If I wake up before 12:20 tomorrow I'll do this.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:58 pm

does the money have to be in by that time too?
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 12:20 am

Pardon my ignorance, but does the money go to Goner's Paypal acct? Where do I go? I am ready to pony up all our money for this foolishness.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 12:26 am | Edited by: saispas

NEVERMIND!

(gotta excuse me; I am not used to working 40+ hrs a week)
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 1:59 am

Where do we sign up for the NIT tournament pool, so I can pull for NC State and Ole Miss?
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 2:39 am

No kidding!
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 2:52 am

the NIT this year is fucking great. so many good teams in it.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 3:08 am | Edited by: saispas

Too bad it is the NIT..."Not Invited To..." I hate the NIT...but not half as much as my trashy downstairs neighbors BARBIE (real name) and her redneck ass Florida, perpetual COPS-lookin' beau who are in a mutual DV relationship. I swear to christ, cops shalt be called soon. Maybe you'll see my life on the FOX channel soon.

God get us our own house. Amen.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 6:19 am

O.K. So I finally got my picks in, but then had problems with the PayPal. So..ATTN: ERIC... Ashley sent in another 20 bucks from her paypal account to cover the cost of my entries. I somehow have three entries, but two of them are the same, therefore I'm only paying for two of them. Make sense? I hope so.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 4:02 pm

don't get greedy jayhawk fans. just getting out of the first round would be a good tournament for ya'll these days. baby steps.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 5:23 pm

Kansas will be losing to Pennslyvanians of Villanovain the 2nd round. DUH.

GO PITT
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 5:59 pm

My payment is sent.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 8:46 pm

If you want yer wife winning that cheese, hollis brown, watch yer words on the Jayhawk biz! I am looking at it as a win for US, baby!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:03 am

Who else had VCU? I know I DID!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:14 am

Duke was over-seeded, 6 is Vitale wipin lacrosse team jizz off his lips, Pitt'll give em a beat down.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:22 am

I wanted to take VCU so bad. But I thought Coach K could atleast coach his mediocre team into the 2nd round. Anyone else seeing how amazing Pitt looks?
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 1:30 pm

I picked VCU on my first bracket FO SHO! I knew Duke would not take it; no heart this season and yep, over seeded. VCU has looked good for the last few weeks.

Pitt wasn't looking too good last I checked, but it was early in the game. Now I have no crystal ball, but I have watched them a couple of times this season and...well, they have focus issues. I love them, but they can fall apart when you least expect it.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:10 pm

I gots VCU baby!!! I fucking hate Duke...GO TIGERS!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:14 pm

had vcu but made a bad call on old dominion thinking they looked good to win two games. argh! but still in the hunt! pitt beat the shit out of wright state but i agree with the focus issues. michigan state baby! gettin ready to beat the tar out of the heels!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm gonna be out on a few games today. But all the games I'm losing I had the team losing in round 2 anyway. Hopefully my bracket has some depth.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:06 pm | Edited by: elle

i didn't have VCU on my bracket, but i am *so* glad they won because i hate duke bad enough to not care about the brackets. hahaha. i totally fucked up on georgia tech/unlv. i hate unlv and picked GA tech instead. i totally thought gonzaga was going to beat indiana too, but NO!!! heheh. i'm really not thinking indiana is going to take ucla though. whew. that would be amazing if they did.

all i have to say about today though is GO TIGERS GO!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:32 pm

holy shit notre dame lost. GAH!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Fun stuff...

Good little pot - think it is $250 plus this year! somebody's gonna have a shoppin spree!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:57 pm

I am I reading this right?

Tennessee 121 points!!?!?!?!?!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:02 pm

tennessee ran all over long beach. it was amazing. they just kept making fast breaks and dunkin' buckets. I LOVE IT. best time of the year EVER.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:11 pm

I had Notre Dame winning 3 games. I can only hope that the Bitches of Wisconsin lose and that the Ducks lose and that whole bracket is fucked up to nullify my poor ND choice. Go Nevada, my other underdog picked to win 3 games.
VCU roughed Duke up last night. That was one of the more exciting battles I have watched in a long time. All of people seemed to bleed in that game.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Early 90's Florida nu metal DOES NOT go with March Madness.

Fuck my downstairs neighbor. I cannot WAIT to call the pigs on his ass the next fight he has with his girl. There is a 5 yr old kid down there somewhere. All he does is smoke weed all day, listen to the shittiest music ever and when BARBIE gets home, they scream at each other while junior rides around the sidewalks on his razor scooter.

Go Creighton!!!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:39 pm

how is nevada gonna win 3 games when memphis is gonna take their asses out in the next round?!?! hahah.

yeah a lot of people were bleeding in that duke/vcu game. they were playing hard. vcu WANTED that shit. you could tell. it was crazy watching that game. everyone in the entire bar CHEERED when duke lost. it was pretty crazy.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:04 pm

I hope you have all seen the "This Is Why You Suck" video. Very base and it sucks in its own way, but oh so satisfying. AND TRUE!

http://www.rosenbergradio.com/
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:04 pm

bleeding in that duke/vcu game

Scheyer, or whatever he's called, took the karmic retribution for Henderson's whack on Hansbrough in the ACC tournament. Fuckin' Maynor got a good unintentional lick on him and swelled his eye up nicely. Best game of the tournament, so far...besides the Nevada win a few minutes ago! My bracket is busted beyond hope, so I'm pullin' for the hometown team on Sunday: GO WOLF PACK!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm sitting in 17th place right now. Still got all my sweet 16 teams in it though. Try to rally up some points in the later rounds. Whoever is in the lead now will not win because he has all 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four which has never happened. I don't think a #1 seed has even made the Final Four in 4 years.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:12 pm

The later ones are the ones that count obviously, but it is getting past those first few days that can make or break you also.

I am currently #2 with 2 others and hope for better!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:26 pm

I'm still feeling good cause I have a pretty unique final 4. So if things work out in my favor I'll take this baby home.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Whoever is in the lead now will not win because he has all 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four

The sum of the four seeds in the final four is usually less than 10, last year being an exception. There's no way all 4 top seeds will make it through to the final weekend, though.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:59 pm

So if things work out in my favor I'll take this baby home.

You don't say. (gratuitous emoticon use warning) ; )
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 2:19 am

Is anyone seeing Texas losing right now?????!?!?! What the fuck?

Thank got VT pulled this game out, but if Texas goes down? Say bye to me on the brackets.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:00 am | Edited by: jerryd

It's kind of bothersome to see Miss Faye at the top of the rankings for our pool. Just this morning, she said " Hey Jerry, check it out. I'm tied for first in the BASEBALL pool". UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!! Sickening.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:03 am

Go Yankees!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 5:09 am

didn't have VCU on my bracket, but i am *so* glad they won because i hate duke...

...and because yer faaaavoooorrrrrite person graduated from thurr.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 7:57 pm

yes, yes hethurr...you are correct. heheh. :)

man, my brackets are going to be totally fucked even worse if ohio state loses this game to xavier and it looks like that may very well happen. xavier is hot and ohio state looks frustrated as shit and their best player is gonna foul out soon. whew.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm

yeah... whoah!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:07 pm

oh...shit. Ohio State not givin up.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:21 pm

It's kind of bothersome to see Miss Faye at the top of the rankings for our pool. Just this morning, she said " Hey Jerry, check it out. I'm tied for first in the BASEBALL pool". UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!! Sickening.

Sounds like somebody's jealous!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:27 pm

1 minute to go. OS up by 7. Pleasssssssse hold onto the lead.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:15 pm

that should strike all who picked OSU for the title, with fear and doubt!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:40 pm

I have three different winners--one of them is OS. Yes, I am scared. I picked Kansas on my bracket that is still in the running though.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm

Kansas is deep. Wish I wasnt Cyclone, could maybe love em.' Kansas has only lost at home like 5 times since the enception of the BIG 12, 3 of those losses are to Iowa State!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:14 pm

GO BUTLER!!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 11:29 pm

Lets go Yankees lets go!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 5:24 am

Only missed one today, fucking MSU really shit the bed.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Well, I'm out! Now at least I can just enjoy the tourney!

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 6:04 pm

Yesterday was a GREAT day of basketball all day long. I'm not playing the brackets because I hardly ever watch anyone but the Tigers, but I saw some damned fine play yesterday!
Missed the second overtime of Vanderbilt and OSU because I had to go pick up the kid at the airport. I was pissed as I watched all that game, and had to miss the end.

Everyone's hollering Tigers will go down today, and I admit to being nervous about it. But...GO TIGERS!!!
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Terrible call late in the TN-UVa game that gave UVa two shots instead of the basket plus the shot. It ahunted them and caused them to have to foul and go for three instead of play straight up. I am fucked now. I have already missed 4 games this round. But maybe Memphis will lose today and catapult me back to the forefront maybe since I am the only one in this pool with the good sense to pick them out early. Can't tell about them because they played absolutely nobody this year.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 8:30 pm

I have Memphis out next round to A&M.

Fucking 2nd days of games have been killing me. 1st Round first day i tore up. 2nd day killed me. Yesterday I only missed 1 game. As of right now I am 0 for 1 with 2 of the teams I have losing. Wisconsin sucks.

I'll be sort of glad though, cause as much as I'd love this Goner money I still want to be able to root for Pitt but i have UCLA beating them in my bracket.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 11:47 pm

Well looks like I'm in the same boat as Saispas now. GO PITT
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 12:25 am

as of 7:25 EST

i have 390 ponts

i cannot find our groups other scores HELP!!!!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 1:00 am

Yeah, I'm fucked. Only 5 of my final 8 are still in it.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 1:00 am

Can't tell about them because they played absolutely nobody this year.

memphis is going to take it all and i don't care if my brackets are fucked or not. i thought i had them picked to be out after the texas a and m game, but i picked them to get beat by ohio state instead. after watching ohio state falter a little bit, yanno...maybe memphis will take 'em. holdin' onto a dream, baby. they got some heart and they play great when they're on top of it. i'm hopin' for a victory so all y'all haters will eat your words. heheh. school's gonna be fuckin' nuts on monday, i got a feeling.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:23 am

i'm down to 6 of 8

so unless OSU beats kansas by 69-67 or some other weird series of upsets i am finished

wash state and texas tech killed me
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:40 am

did I call UNLV beating Wisconsin? YES I DID.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:08 am

as of 7:25 EST

i have 390 ponts

i cannot find our groups other scores HELP!!!!

go to the sign in page and it should have one line for your bracket and another for goner group
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:42 am

I'm down to 5 of 8, with all final 4 teams left. Texas and the teams from Virginia dicked me over. I REFUSE TO PICK MID MAJOR BULLSHIT FUCK SO. ILL AND UNLV (I did call Butler though...)
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:25 pm

The ESPN site is maddening.

Here is the link everyone wants: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=58807
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm

But maybe Memphis will lose today and catapult me back to the forefront maybe since I am the only one in this pool with the good sense to pick them out early.

ahem?

Even if they lose next game (against a Texas team in the state of Texas), Sweet 16 for a team that "plays nobody" and is "so overrated" is pretty good I'd say.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:49 pm

i can't get on espn at work, it looks like i have 13 0f the sweet 16 teams and i think i was in 8th place, looked very quickly at home last night. what are other brackets looking like?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 6:31 pm

never mind just saw how i look and i think my plan is falling perfectly into place, just gotta shake trouble
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 6:40 pm

Damn....I had Winthrop going all the way...
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 9:01 pm

wow. looks like drunken noodle time and carrie ann have the lead for the goner thing. i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back. i have 6 out of 8 for my elite 8 still in though. wisconsin fucked me up as did texas. *shrugs* we'll see how this works out.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm feeling comfortable in fifth place. Have to admit I didn't pay attention to the games in San Antonio, so having Memphis play there and win will be difficult. I still believe they can pull it off and think Ohio St.'s run is over when they play Tennessee. So I'm just going to sit back and ride on in to 1st. after the weekend. I'm already compiling my list of records I'll be purchasing. Hey Eric, do you guys have Captain and Tennille's greatest hits?
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 12:28 am

Even if they lose next game (against a Texas team in the state of Texas), Sweet 16 for a team that "plays nobody" and is "so overrated" is pretty good I'd say.
Hedging your bets, I see. So, they beat Nevada. I thought the anti-Memphis stance in this pro-Memphis pool; would be my pathway to gold and riches. Oh, well, I am so far in the back I can see my own ass.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:51 am | Edited by: saispas

Hey man, I put Kansas as my main winner, then Ohio State in my second bracket and only picked Memphis out of loyalty--longtime Memphis fans are generally realistic. I will be so shocked if Memphis gets any closer to the Final Four (this next game is the scariest given the Texas-y climate against a Texas team).

But, I do get sick of people just looking at the conference and not the play of the team. We have some sick athletes and they aren't recognized as much as they should be as it is easier for people to be lazy and say, "Eh, they are in a shit conference. They must suck at playing anyone else except teams like Rice." The tourney proves that logic wrong pretty much every year on some level. You only have to win/lose one game.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Yeah, I did pretty well in the first round but have a couple (UNLV, Pitt) I'm not so confident about in the 16. Wouldn't be surprised to drop over the weekend. Got all my 8 still alive though. Did go w/ Memphis up until OSU too. They look pretty damn good.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Memphis looked better than I have seen them in years in that Nevada game--I have not since the Penny-era seen them stay composed and focused from beginning to almost the very end. Excellent job.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:52 pm

I had based my evaluation of Memphis on a live game I saw them play this year against lowly East Carolina, where Memphis didn't look very good but just by default happened to win against a very poor team.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 4:01 pm

Fair enough.

I just get sick of people (not you) who fancy themselves sports geniuses who badmouth them time and again because they heard some local jabrone sports radio guy say the same thing and they saw 5 minutes of a game once in a long season (this argument could put Florida in the same category as Memphis based on a few of their losses). Apparently that type of talk is par for the course from the sports jocks as they like to start fights on their talk shows etc for ratings/interest. Not interesting.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Well, hell, now that I cannot win the pool, go Memphis!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 7:29 pm

I would have thrown my entire bracket away in the beginning (even before it all went to hell) if it meant the Tigers take this tournament!
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 12:33 am

I, too, will be surprised for them to get out of the Aggie game. Especially after the CDR ankle rollover. (Cal was funny about that. "Well, I just told him to quit being a baby. It's only a minor sprain.") But, you know, I like this team better than any in a long time. A hell of a lot better than last years.
And, I've heard a lot of buzz about them playing as a TEAM for the first time in a long time.

Saispas, have you noticed that Penny is at all their games. I think there's a rumour going around that he might be joining the staff. He lives here now, you know. I would love to see that as I loved Penny, and my back room is currently the repository for the largest collection of Penny memorabilia on earth. Yep, we've got the cereal boxes.

GO TIGERS!!! ALL THE WAY!!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 12:51 am

No--I have not seen Penny!!!! I hope he joins the staff. There was a great article in the NY Times a few years back about Penny. It was sorta bittersweet. Penny was shot in the foot near your neighborhood in Binghampton and that was his Memphis Life Changing Moment that got him off the skreets.

Is Larry Finch at the game? What about Andre Turner? Elliot Perry? Keith Lee?

GO TIGERS!!!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 4:32 am

and my back room is currently the repository for the largest collection of Penny memorabilia on earth. Yep, we've got the cereal boxes.

Do you have that 12" talking Lil Penny doll holding the basketball?
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 8:17 am

quack quack quack power
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm

You're kidding, right? Poor Larry...he's been in an horrible way for years with a stroke. A few years ago they had a halftime reunion of the championship team, with Larry sitting in the middle of them in a wheelchair, unable to speak. I cried like a little girl watching. I think Andre still plays in Europe somewhere (!). Elliot Perry lives here, and I saw him at a party at Christmas time. He's a huge art collector and lives in a huge converted warehouse downtown. You can sometimes see him on Sunday mornings at the Arcade. Keith Lee? You hear nada about him...ever. I think he got hugely fat and lives in obscurity.

Why yes, jerryd, I do believe we have that particular Lil Penny.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Poor Larry...he's been in an horrible way for years with a stroke. A few years ago they had a halftime reunion of the championship team, with Larry sitting in the middle of them in a wheelchair, unable to speak. I cried like a little girl watching.

I saw the photos online and cried too. I just wondered if he was healthy enough to come to games here and there. Also, I remember now about your crushy run in with Mr. Perry!!!! Keith was in the audience at one game on TV this past season and realllllllly looks old. He isn't obese as much as weirdly mushy on that lanky frame.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:36 pm | Edited by: elle

i really hope penny does join the staff. that'd be great. i think he has a lot to offer them. i used to love watching them when he played. this was even before i moved to memphis (but after my dad moved here and he bought me a memphis state sweatshirt and took me to a game when i came to visit him and i was hooked.) started my love for the tigers, back when i was first and foremost a bobby knight/hoosiers fan. obviously now my loyalties have switched places. heheh. :)

larry finch...wow...yeah he is looking pretty bad lately. it's really sad.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:53 pm

There's a free mag I picked up when I was out east at the Memphis Pizza Cafe called "Memphis Sports" that I think is a tribute issue to Larry. It's got a great B/W pic of him on the cover. I haven't had time to get into the magazine yet, but I'll let you know what's there.
Poor Larry. I still remember how absolutely HORRIFIED everyone was about the way he was pushed out at MSU. Hell, I even wrote a letter to the newspaper about it!

Hey, CDR was on a news clip this morning...walking around (limping just a little), laughing and saying, "I'm playing, I'm playing!"
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Joey Dorsey is third on a list in the new ESPN Magazine of 5 of the top "Garbage Men" in the NCAA right now for his ability to pretend like he is Ben Wallace!!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 6:50 pm

five and a half hours to tip
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:37 pm

whew. i'm so nervous!!!!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 11:31 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

I think jerryd and I are going to watch the game at the Deli--they supposedly have a pull-down projection screen on the stage. Maybe we'll see of of y'all there. Go Tigers!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:25 am

i'm watching the game at my house. it's such a nailbiter. bout to die here watching it.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:52 am

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:32 am

OH MY LORD. all ye memphis haters can suck it!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:36 am

HOLY SHIT WE MAY BE PLAYING TENNESSEE!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:34 am

Tennessee just fucked me up on my bracket. And Pitt.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:59 am

well, i'm glad that pitt and tennessee didn't win cuz that didn't fuck up my bracket. but i still hope memphis beats the shit out of ohio state despite my unloyalty to my wonderful favorite tigers in not picking them for the bracket. i'm such an asshat. i'm totally going to lose cuz i DIDN'T go with my heart instead of my brain. lol.

if cal leaves for kentucky, he's a fucking fool and a half. the guy from texas a and m is actually rumored to take tubby's place.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:36 pm

the guy from texas a and m is actually rumored to take tubby's place.

Well, now that we have safely won that game, I will say this, that coach from A&M is GREAT.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Whew. Less fucked than I could have been last night. UNLV better confirm my insane picking of them tonight.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Well, now that we have safely won that game, I will say this, that coach from A&M is GREAT.

I agree. That team was unbelievably good. Fast and sneaky as hell.

But apparently we're better!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:44 pm

That team was unbelievably good.

no kidding. i thought we were gonna done be had a couple of times there. i was screaming "fuck!" at the tv a few times while we did some dumb mess ups. (which i thought was going to cause coach cal a damn aneurysm. whew.) but texas a & m did some stupid shit too here and there a few times over in key points in the game. we're lucky on that shit. i think the refs did a good job of keeping partial for the most part. i did hate that they took forever to decide how much time got shaved off the clock in that last bit there. i think they took a lil too much off, but yanno...it's whatever. i think the extra second wouldn't have given them anything, to be honest. they missed the shot and didn't have a prayer in the world for a rebound.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:05 pm

What time are the games (more importantly, Ohio St vs MEMPHIS) on Saturday?
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:09 pm

3:40 central
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 1:02 am

damn...vandy's manhandling georgetown right now and butler's keeping up with florida. this is crazings. my brackets are fuccccccked.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 1:24 am

you have to wait for the second half before you get your panty's in a wad
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 1:48 am

I want Butler to beat Florida. Even if my brackets were still doing a damn thing, I am over it. I want all the cinderellas and underdawgs winning.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 5:28 am

fuck, D. Noodle squeaks in on a photo finish!
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 2:10 pm

7 of my Elite 8 teams are in and if Acie Law could make a god damned layup I'd be perfect.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 9:41 pm

Holy crap Memphis. WAKE UP and CALMMMMMMM DOWNNNNNN.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:16 am

Holy crap Memphis. WAKE UP and CALMMMMMMM DOWNNNNNN.

Hey, hey, hey, Goodbye.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:18 am

Fuck off whoever you are.

Go Kansas.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 6:12 am

2nd place now. Go Gators and go Hoyas.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Kansas lost to UCLA and it's sad, sad, sad....

Opening line to a new FS song.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:10 am

COCK PISS KANSAS!!!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:23 am

SO INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm banking on carolina choking in overtime, as per usual.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:45 am

bluh.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:56 am | Edited by: kevin e

Damn it. I had UCLA over Kansas in both my other brackets but not this one. Now CA1 is 10 points ahead of me in 1st and we both have the same picks from here on out.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Kansas screwed everyone.

GO HOYAS! That was such a great win over those Tarheel bitches.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm

damn, that sucks kevin! i think i can still take it if ohio state wins saturday and fla takes championship.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 6:13 pm

tommy, stick to writing bass lines.
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 8:49 pm

There's Strong. And there is GONER strong.

vandy's manhandling georgetown
Funny how that worked out. Hoyas win on a last shot with no traveling call and win it.
We could see the same match-up that was in the BCS bowl game. Can the Buckeyes get revenge on the Gators? If Billy D. does win it again, will he go back to UK?
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 2:02 pm

How's your bracket doing, Just-ass???

Stick to making goofy faces while playing guitar in those tight white pants, you little rascal.
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 1:36 am

If Billy D. does win it again, will he go back to UK?

Yes. But then I will hope for an equally hateable coach to come to Florida cos I would get all thrown off if they got someone halfway likeable.
Posted: Apr 1, 2007 5:32 am

If I had only told J. Dorsey of the Memphis Tigers that pride comes before the fall I'd be GONER RICH!
Posted: Apr 1, 2007 5:23 pm

see, see!!!
Posted: Apr 2, 2007 7:13 pm

see, see!!!

it ain't over yet. a. floyd can take it if osu happens to win somehow.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 2:30 pm

Congrats, Dave. Congrats, Gators.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks man! Gators! Looked for you on the TV but no dice. They did interview the chick sitting at the table next to us at Brewhouse drinking the massive amounts of Hennepin on the local news after the game tho.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 6:59 pm

Looked for you on the TV but no dice.

They don't make lenses long enough to reach where I was sitting.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 7:23 pm

I remain...

a "G8R H8R".

That said, you did deserve the win last night. Hear about the drunk guy who slammed into a cop car and two motorsycle cops in Gainesville last night when the fuzz were trying to clear the streets of 25,000 fans?
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 8:10 pm

tight finish indeed! congrats David B Free!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:11 pm

tight finish indeed! congrats David B Free!

Ha. My dad used to always joke about "cousin Lloyd" before he changed his name.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:21 am | Edited by: eric o

sorry! i love WORLD B FREE as a name more than any other (except "THE BULL" named after Greg THE BULL Noll (3 pets named after him so far!))

anyway, congrats! a thrillah!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:26 am

a. floyd can take it if osu happens to win somehow.

DANG!!! So close... Congrats to you though!
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 2:55 pm

yeah, you can't really beat world b. free! badass name. its the one last name joke i really don't mind.

thanks y'all. it was a fun pool for sure.

eric - how do i collect my goner $$?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®