Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / LP reccomendations?
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 1:30 pm

We have a set up with a Portland friend who works for Stumptown Coffee if we send him an LP every month or so (from Goner), we get beans in return. The first trade was the Goodnight Loving LP. Any other greats that would be good for trades? He is a big Reigning Sound fan. Probably would like most of the big Goner-esque bands. I'd like some full length LPs that the man should own to be the selects.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 2:02 pm

send some billy childish, cant go wrong with that stuff
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 3:08 pm

we get beans in return

Wasn't thinking about coffee when I 1st read that & thought he was screwin' you on the trade. Silly me.

Cheater Slicks, Dirtbombs, Hunches, Mystery Girls, Apes, Guitar Wolf, Cuts, Gris Gris, MOTO, The Feelers, etc... In the Red, Birdman, & Goner got the goods. Buy in bulk. Better yet, do mailorder, & see if you can get the labels to mail the stuff directly too your boy so you don't have to re-address it.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Haunted George
DM Bob and The Defecits
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 3:28 pm

And I finally heard Hank 1V last night on lamespace. Loved it. I bet that album's superb.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 4:43 pm

Yep...Hank IV LP IS great. I should go for that next month. THANKS! Goner is sending em all on to Portland when I order online, fine chaps that they are.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Anything by SYNERGY. Especially if your into Aerobics.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 6:04 pm

you guys ever heard Sevendust?
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 6:29 pm

Compulsive Gamblers
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Send him the first King Khan & BBQ LP
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 6:52 pm | Edited by: Joe

first King Khan & BBQ LP

Yep. Every single person I've played that for (Goner-lover or not) has flipped for that record. Same for Harlan Bobo.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 7:01 pm

first King Khan & BBQ LP

68' Comeback-Golden Rouges Collection

Golden Boys
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm

first King Khan & BBQ LP

Yep. Every single person I've played that for (Goner-lover or not) has flipped for that record.

so did my dad and step mom.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 7:55 pm

If he likes the Reigning Sound and doesn't already have em all, you should definitely get him a Deadly Snakes LP. Who could possibly not love em?
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Last time I was up there, they had the Burzum reissues on lp. Can\'t go wrong with Burzum, unless the guy is a Jew.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 8:40 pm

jack oblivians new one is really good.
river city tanlines lp is great.
saw the black diamond heavies and they blew me away, but i haven't heard thier album so i can't vouch for it.
can't wait for a black rose band lp.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 8:41 pm

none of that shit is on goner, sorry eric.
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 8:48 pm

He is a big Reigning Sound fan...
Probably would like most of the big Goner-esque bands...
some full length LPs that the man should own...

Ahem... Everyone should own this, if he doesn't own it already.
http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro ducts_id=1177
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 9:17 pm

HEAD! No Hugging No Learning!
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Same for Harlan Bobo.
jack oblivians new one is really good.
river city tanlines lp is great.

These are all great ideas...I am sure he has all the Reigning Sound/Deadly Snakes and King Khan...I gotta get a little more brand new release or a tad obscure for this one...though he isn't the Burzum kind of guy...well, he did lift my copy of Lords of Chaos for months so perhaps?
Posted: Mar 11, 2007 11:19 am

we get beans in return

Wasn't thinking about coffee when I 1st read that & thought he was screwin' you on the trade.

I'll trade you a cow for those beans.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm

i'm gonna third Harlan, if i may!

and it's not available on LP and i'm not sure if Goner has it in stock right now, but I can't stop listening to the latest South Filthy album. Selt-titled. Licorice Tree Records.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 4:26 pm | Edited by: Rosemary Rose

i'm sorry, the 1st one is S/T. The second one is Crackin' Up. licoricetree.com
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 4:47 pm

What is South Filthy like?

(By the way, Rosemary, that Pour Down Like Silver CDR was in heavy rotation this weekend!)
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Awesome!!

South Filthy is Jeff Evans, Jack O, Walter Daniels and more. A lot more. Here you go. looks like i was wrong, their first one isn't self-titled. I only have a CD-R of that one and had assumed wrong. Ah well. I don't know the history, they all got together for SXSW one year, i think? All covers except for a few.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 7:22 pm

That newest Country Teasers is awesome and Goner's got it.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 7:52 pm

is J DILLA on goner?
does goner have J DILLA's 'THE SHINING'.

You should get your friend in portland

J DILLA'S 'THE SHINING' LP

each month for 12 months

You'll probably get back a fatted golden calf with tons of bling on it.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm

I just heard the last J Dilla CD, the one that just came out, and it's ok at best. I hope the Shining is better than that.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 7:55 pm

it's better than donuts
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Dean & Britta....they a little soft for my tastes but for some reason I really like their stuff.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I gotta get a little more brand new release or a tad obscure for this one
He'd probably like the Bassholes, especially their later LP's.

And he'd surely love the Touch-Me-Nots' nine-song 10" EP, "Sheldon Munn." We are very obscure and adored by French people.
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Dean & Britta.

I am sure he hears too much of that at work and at his girlfriends.

We are very obscure and adored by French people.

What about guys from Buffalo?
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 12:18 am

What about guys from Buffalo?
Buffalo, NY? They love us, too. Just don't tell them that French people are into it, though.
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 12:29 am

Yeah, he is a Buffalo expat, hanging tough in Portland.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®