Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NEW YEARS NEW ORLEANS ANYTHING???
Rattlesnake
Posted: Nov 19, 2003 6:53 am

Might be in for a down home christmas via missip anything going on in New Orleans. Might be occupanied by other spicy hot tamales from texas who also have family debts to pay in the close vicinity.
Rev_Dan
Posted: Nov 19, 2003 7:10 am

Yup. I'm gonna be in Biloxi from Dec. 22nd til the 29th. Anything goin' on????
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 19, 2003 9:54 pm

I'd like The Spits, Final Solutions and Die Rotz to play around that time...if I can find a club that'll pay to fly them in.

Jason- Start bugging Rio.

Rattlesnake
Posted: Nov 20, 2003 9:48 pm

Rev Dan I think you know the hot tamale I'm referring too...she loaned me a comp you made for her...but you'll be gone by new years right ?
THE SPITS yes,yes, we'll all take back the alley just like we did all weekend in memphis! Get on it fellas that would be great...
eric o
Posted: Nov 20, 2003 9:53 pm

Yeah, the SPITS, DIE ROTZZ, and FINAL SOLUTIONS in Rio!

that's thinking big, Bateman!

You sure you wanna do a show in New Orleans on a holiday? Can't get nowhere and there's tons of parties. and then there's the people who would want to go to the matador on new years...

Rev_Dan
Posted: Nov 20, 2003 10:49 pm

Yup. I'll be gone on New Years. I'll be back here in the city hangin' with more than likely the likes of Bazooka, Sixteene, Paddy, and Alberto. I'm really lookin' forward to my trip to Biloxi. I'm wantin' to go to NOLA for a day. I've never been there before...
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 20, 2003 11:31 pm

last year I went down to the riverwalk and watched them shoot fireworks off, and stood next to some thugged out guys who were spraying yuppies with cheap bottles of bub. that was probably the highlight of the evening. yeah, New Orleans sucks on new years eve unless you're shooting guns into the air. but why would you wanna shoot the sky unless the sun was up there? such a paradox has forced me to be in boston for new years to see the lyres, jerks!!
eric o
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 12:32 am

Blowing up the moon, while definitely not as grandiose as shooting out the sun, is fun when the damn thing is full.
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 12:51 am

you know how sometimes the moon is there during daylight? maybe if you shot the moon with something big, like a cannonball, or hurled a refridgerator into it, you could propel the moon into the sun. Only during a full moon though-- otherwise the the moon wouldn't big enough to destroy the sun.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 1:12 am

You mean like a Harvest Moon?

A couple months ago, I would have liked to have blown Mars out of the sky, to the chagrin of geeks everywhere.

Scott
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 2:05 am

New Years Eve in Memphis

The Reigning Sound
The Cool Jerks
Tough and Lovely

at the Hi-Tone!

michael bateman
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 3:21 am

How about the eve of New Year's Eve? We'll probably have to wait 'til Graw.
eric o
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 8:07 am

yeah Graw... another great time (oops, BAD TIME) for a show...
eric o
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 8:09 am

that fucking sun was hot today.

i wish someone WOULD blow the fucker up.

Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 5:26 pm

I'm sayin! I walked outside this morning to get in my car, unfortunately I had left my UV400 welding mask style sunglasses in the car, so I had to walk like 20 FUCKING FEET while having my eyes pierced by the needle-like rays of that FILTHY SUN.

what if you got a huge concave mirror and reflected the sun directly back at itself? would that kill it?

moody prick
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 6:35 pm

-might work, but what if it made it bigger and stronger?
eric o
Posted: Nov 22, 2003 12:23 am

YEAH! the mirror idea WOULD work- ESPECIALLY if it made the sun bigger and stronger. Look, we all know that in this feedback loop, eventually the sun would get too big, become unstable, and blow itself up. End of sun. End of annoying sunburns, and especially annoying windshield glare.

Anyone got a really huge mirror?

GOD OF FIRE IN HELL
Posted: Nov 22, 2003 6:03 pm

the RP's are playin the circle bar that night for hours on end...
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 22, 2003 8:40 pm

What? The night of the end of the sun, or the eve of New Year's Eve? Or just New Year's Eve? Spits won't be happening yet.
dr1000
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 4:06 am

The Stacks will be at the Mother-In-Law...probably not "gone" enough for goners but plenty inept.
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 5:39 am

if we destroyed the sun on new years eve, does that mean it would stay new years eve forever? because that would be a regretable move. i say we aim for a late spring destruction, memorial day maybe.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 6:19 pm

I had an urge to build a cage around the sun
I couldn't find a way to say no
I took a check on all the meters in my room
I kicked the dog and said let's go
The clouds were hanging low above the path
I had my arm around a sundown
I pinned my baby into yanking satan's crank
Bum deals with a thin smile.....oh yeah

Pushin up and pushin down against the sky
Like there's muscles 'round my torso
Fourth dimension of smiles, strokes and knifes
This little pig has gotta go go
To live and blow all of that piss into your heart
You got veins of iron, baby
Oh man this egg is way too hot
Lay on a rock and split open.....oh yeah

And all the lies that you tell me
All the lies I tell myself
There are ?? coming on now
Like it's screwed itself in hell
You gotta go where this is headed
Kiss the sun to be alive
I'm a king ??
?? burn my eyes

So in the end I had a cage around the sun
Looked pretty horny if I do say
The dog is dead and the sacrifice is done
All in all a pretty good day
The ocean parts and the meteors come down
Laid out in amber baby
Fate c'mon and slap me in the head
Punch the switch arrivederci

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 6:29 pm

Is that The Bitter Butter Battle or Green Eggs and Ham?
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 6:58 pm

At the local megaplex (Palace Clearview 12) the Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat movie is listed as "Dr. S-cat."

My girlfriend was real worried the other day that Mike Myers is turning into Robin Williams. Shit in his mouth.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 9:00 pm

I understand what The Grinch has to do with christmass....but what the fuck does Cat in the Hat have to do with Christmass? Might as well be Horace the Pink Elephant.

Somebody told me it sucks.

Mike Myers has been a Robin Williams knock off since So I Married and Axe Murderer....I mean fuckin Cat in the Hat.....Hook....fuck

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 9:00 pm

fuck
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 9:56 pm

Whatchoo got against Robin Williams?
When "Patch Adams" came out, I laid down $40 so that my best friends could "enjoy" it with me on opening day.
I really liked the scene with the pool full of noodles.
Oh, and remember that part when he builds that huge set of paper-mache (sp?) legs to welcome the gynecologist convention?
"Greetings! At your cervix!"
Ha! That movie was so fucking great.
Oh, and the part when he gets the cancer guy to finally open up? The bitter guy who's really mad at the world? Jesus, that was really good. Touching, too.
I could go on and on about this film, but I think I'll stop for now.
What're y'all's favorite parts?
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 10:31 pm

I liked that movie where he goes to heaven, and Cuban Gooding Jr. played God.....I just liked the scenes with his wife in hell, and when he went to hell to save her.....I liked that hell.
Chubby Asian
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 11:08 pm

What's the movie with Robin Williams that has his wife cheating on him , she and the young buck are sitting in her driveway and she is giving him head and Robin and the kids come home coasting with the lights out and zoom into the driveway slamming into the guys car and she bites his dick off? I remember watching this with my mom when I was younger. ohh and his mom has a house that is on a cliff with a transexual football player and a deaf girl staying with her . Huh , do you know? Please tell me I'm not making this up.
PCPeePee
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 11:12 pm

It's from a John Irving book, but I can't remember the name of it. The life of Owen Meaney was a sick book, but that movie they did of it kinda blew. Hmmmm, what that god damn movie called???????
PCPeePee
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 11:13 pm

The World According to Garp
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 25, 2003 11:46 pm

That movie sucked...when he bit the ear off that doberman sucked...the whole damn thing sucked....Robin Williams sucks...the world sucks.
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 3:00 am

Chris, it was purgatory *for suicides*, not hell.
Duh.
You people really need to brush up on your Robin Williams.
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 5:20 am

I sincerely, sincerely hope this is a joke.

Robin Williams is my nemesis. I am overcome with a very focused rage whenever he is a guest on talk shows. He makes Nathan Lane look like someone I'd like to spend a vacation with.

I can't believe a discussion about something as wonderful and constructive as destroying the sun has been tarnished by praise for this awful, useless human being.

It's back to haikus for me.

journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 5:33 am

He who doth spit on
Robin Williams will get a
swift kick to the groin
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 8:18 am

so it was pergatory I identified with so.

Robin Williams suckiness would make a good topic for a punk song......maybe in the 80's they had Reagan....in the new millenium we got Robin Williams the frickin frivolous inane comic fascist! Comedian Family Man Mediocre Joke Peddler! Shite.

Chris Alienator
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 8:22 am

Yeah yeah, Good Morning Vietnam made me wish I lived back then just so I could defect to the VietCong and fuckin assassinate thier stupid as American Radio DJ Robin Williams.....with a grenade strapped to a small foriegn pot bellied pig.
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 8:51 am

For anyone interested in finding out more about Robin Williams, I recommend the book "The Life and Times of Robin Williams" by Jay David.
But you don't have to take my word for it!
eric o
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 11:15 am

i think i do, actually.
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 11:37 am

Your loss!
Rev_Dan
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 4:25 pm

HAHHAHAH!!!!!! journey, thanks for takin' me down memory lane of Mr. Burton and his ever so colorful rainbow!!!
ledisquairebazookajoe
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 8:59 pm

Nobody could have done a better Popeye.
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 26, 2003 9:44 pm

hyperactive dick
talking in lots of voices
robin williams sucks
Day Doult
Posted: Nov 27, 2003 4:26 am

You want to talk painful, I sat through Good Will Hunting last week. The Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck axis of evil shitfest. Throwing Minnie Driver in the mix practically made me vomit.

What happened to Gus Van Sant after Drugstore Cowboy anyways?

journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 27, 2003 5:23 am

The eternal question.
"Gerry" is pretty good if you're really fucked up when you try to watch it.
That makes 2 posts in two days when I make references to things being better when you're fucked up.
I'm the worst case scenario of "burner": Perpetual high schooler pillhead.
Fuck.
FUCK IT
Posted: Nov 27, 2003 11:10 pm

FUCK IT
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 4:49 am

I think Guz Van Zandt made that new movie with Ben Afleck and Greg Kinnear playing unidentical siamese twins.....god it looks shitty....

But I hear Elf is pretty funny, and Cat in The Hat isn't as bad as they say.

And I finaly saw James Bond Man With a Golden Gun on Spike T.V. and I can't recomend it enough....at times I thought I was watching Naked Gun 9 and a half.....I particularly liked where Bond was getting crushed by the Sumo Restler, so he reached down and squezzed both of his but cheeks, and then started twisting his Sumo G-String Thong thingi, forcing it to get tight and crush his nuts......then when Bond was free, the Midget "Tattoo" from fantasy Island came out in his underwear and a Ticki mask, and hit Bond in the back of the head with a pitch fork! knocking him out cold.

I'm not making this shit up...it's great!

Andrew Earles
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 7:28 am

Gus Van Zandt totally saved his career with "Finding Forrester." If not for this classic, we wouldn't have www.yourethemannowdog.com - clearly the greatest site ever. Sound might not work on Macs.

Now he's back doing what he does best: "Elephant" - Some good ol' fashioned NAMBLsploitation!

Andrew Earles
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 7:31 am

"Van Sant" - I'm sorry. I wanted him to be the brother that didn't form .38 Special.
eric o
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 3:19 pm

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DOG!
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 11:01 pm

Goddammit, Andy! Your links always get me so fucking ga-ga and they never work! I finally got a peek at Sheriff Blaylock two days ago but "That page could not be displayed" up 'til then.
You're killing me.
Andrew Earles
Posted: Nov 29, 2003 2:52 am

Well, at least you can see it.
Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:34 pm

So, I'm gonna sound like a fool, but what's the weather like in Biloxi and NOLA durin' Christmas? What sorta clothes should I bring? Just wantin' to try to plan ahead....
Womb Raider
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:40 pm

on average, highs in the 60's, lows in the 40's. it can get colder though. bring a jacket.
Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 10, 2003 9:15 pm

Well, I'm bringin' this topic back from the dead. It's less than 2 weeks away until I'm there in Biloxi/NOLA. Sooooo, here's what I'm wantin' to ask.... Has any shows or any good events developed since the last time I asked in NOLA? I dunno what day I'm gonna be in NOLA or how long, but I just would like to have an idea when any of you are available to hangout... Louie & Jason, I got yer numbers on my cell and I'll call you when I get down there, cool? Hell, I dunno how this trip is gonna go, but we'll see... E-mail me at: altair_8800@ziplip.com
Hey, Martel, you gonna still give Jason that thing we discussed as a back up plan for while I'm down there??
Jason
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 3:50 am

Hasil plays on the 20th @ the same shitty joint he played last time. I'll be gone from the 24 to the 28. I think I heard rudy ray moore is playing around new years sometime also.

RFTT plays tonite. yay.

I will try not to look directly at Cheetah lest I turn to stone.

andria
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 6:50 am

don't do it, jason! if you look, only the ghost of stiv bators might save you...

where you going for new years?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®