Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Epiphone Valve Jr.
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 4:36 pm

Has anyone played through one of these . . .

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EPAEMJRH--brand-87--src-Y06 04GL0GOOGLE00.html?gclid=CMXLpIeI3ooCFRFBgQod83VWyQ

. . . a friend of mine wants to sell his for $75.

I've read alot of raving reviews about them, gonna go check it out tonight.
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 4:40 pm

They soung pretty good for the $. But not loud enough for gigs.
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 6:17 pm

What Carney said.

i hear there is a great supe up kit from Mercury? transformers i think...
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 6:33 pm

This page gives a pretty thorough review, both pros and cons of using the kit.
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 7:43 pm

Is he selling the combo or the head version? I'd like another one.
Posted: Mar 5, 2007 7:59 pm

I'd like another

thats whut she sed
Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:19 am

Plenty loud, but if you wanna get REALLY loud, you gotta stack them on top of each other. That's what people like Ace and Ted Nugent did with their five watt amps back in the day. Still, though, five watts...look out!
Posted: Mar 6, 2007 7:20 am

totally off subject, but, anyone ever played one of those newer ampeg reverb rockets? i think they're in the blue diamond series. i playedone the other night and loved it. and i hear you can come by them pretty cheap
Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:12 pm

totally off subject, but, anyone ever played one of those newer ampeg reverb rockets? i think they're in the blue diamond series. i playedone the other night and loved it. and i hear you can come by them pretty

Don't do it. They are POS, I've never seen one that didn't eventually develop weird unfixable problems. Techs HATE those things. I had one, it seemed fine, then it went tits up.
Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:25 pm

totally off subject, but, anyone ever played one of those newer ampeg reverb rockets? i think they're in the blue diamond series. i playedone the other night and loved it. and i hear you can come by them pretty

Don't do it. They are POS, I've never seen one that didn't eventually develop weird unfixable problems. Techs HATE those things. I had one, it seemed fine, then it went tits up.

Yes, unfortunately, Carney is correct. They seem to be unfixable. Nice amps, but unfixable when they fuck up.
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 7:30 pm | Edited by: CreepySexyCool

This page gives a pretty thorough review

Thanks, Glenn, not much of an amp review, but that almost had me rolling around on the floor of the public library.

Is he selling the combo or the head version?

It's the head version, and it fucking rules!! Been fooling around with it non-stop since I picked it up!!!

Plenty loud, but if you wanna get REALLY loud, you gotta stack them on top of each other.

Going for that one tonight!
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 7:57 pm

Yes, unfortunately, Carney is correct. They seem to be unfixable. Nice amps, but unfixable when they fuck up.

would this be the jet series? i think the one i have is a jet II, had problem with buzzing for a while put it in the attic pulled it out the other day and now it's completely dead
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®