Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Being someone who lives far, far from Memphis
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 1:50 am

I'm really craving Gus's right now. Oh well. I guess Ezells will have to do...
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:05 am

I may have to go to popeye's on the way home.

I can't remember the name of that gas station in Graceland that has Fried Chicken...You?
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:09 am

Never been, sadly. I've only hit Gus's and the Kozy Korner. Speakin' of KK, that bbq spaghetti doesn't sound too shabby right now either...
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:10 am

ewww...I'm ready for chicken though.
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 3:09 am

we still have a ketchup packet from dodges chicken store in our refrigerator from our honeymoon. i was talking to the wife yesterday what we should do if someone inadvertently eats it, be mad at em for eating our wedding ketchup, or laugh at them for eating a packet of 2 year old shit? cant imagine its much good anymore.

gus's was some great chicken, but chicken, no matter how perfectly cooked is still chicken.
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:39 pm

I've only had the Gus's in Jackson TN. It was nothing to write home about.
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:54 pm

can't remember the name of that gas station in Graceland that has Fried Chicken...You?
Dodge's -scene of several shootings and numerous indviduals who will approach you with" Hey! Kin I axe you a quarstion?" . Never buy chicken there between 10:00 PM and 10:00 am -stale as hell. Dodges menu is almost exclusively battered and fried. they let shit sit under a heat lamp until it sells or walks away by itself. It's ok but actually Popeyes down the street is better.
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 2:57 pm

wedding ketchup

I think I saw them at the Antenna years ago.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 5:44 pm

gus\'s was some great chicken, but chicken, no matter how perfectly cooked is still chicken.

What?
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 6:06 pm

gus\'s was some great chicken, but chicken, no matter how perfectly cooked is still chicken.

What?

and life no matter how good it is, is just life.

wake up
piss
move around
sleep

lather rinse repeat

thank you please drive through
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 7:35 pm

scene of several shootings and numerous indviduals who will approach you with "aayy mang, you gotta dollah? say what? aw come on mang, i ain't got no job! haw? well fuck you then motha fucka"
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 7:40 pm

Gus's is the best fried chicken on the planet.

Fer true!
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 7:42 pm

yeah i want some now too. i wish the shotgun shack hadn't burned down, it was way better than down town
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 7:51 pm

dodge's - That's it...Thank's Rumple and brad...It's been since gonerfest 2 since I went but, I remember eatin a chicken leg with my shirt off pumpin gas there at like 1am. This became a standard practice for driving through hoods now...Seriously. Did the same kinda thing one night on the edge of Compton...Went thru Popeye's drive thru, went across the street and pumped gas with chicken leg in hand. I think the people around them parts see the shirtless grossness and are like, "look at this foo..."

ketchup never goes bad unless it's sittin out or open. in the fridge it's good forever.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 8:21 pm

you know the hottest hot chicken on the planet that i've had?

prince's in nashville.

sweat that shit! go ahead, tough guy, go extra hot.

i like gus'!
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 9:08 pm

gus's is in mason not jackson, and they rebuilt it.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 9:11 pm

they rebuilt it.
but it ain't a shotgun shack on cinder blocks and so off level that the grease spills out of one corner of the fryer
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 9:49 pm

prince's in nashville.

Yeah! That place is awesome! That chicken was neon red!
I liked it better than Gusses. Took forever though.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:24 pm

Subway was pretty good today. But i was really hungry, too...
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:36 pm

boston market treated me with nice mashed potatos and a half whit chicken.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:37 pm | Edited by: Dave B

Gus's is the best fried chicken on the planet.

I'm gonna take you to Ezells when you guys get here so you can do a taste test. No fried green tomatoes though.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:42 pm

prince's in nashville.

Nice to know there's one reason to go there, but cept on the way to BeerSheeba.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:49 pm

Being someone who lives far, far from Vegas I'm really craving Roberto's right now.
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 10:50 pm

you're a half wit chicken
Posted: Mar 2, 2007 11:19 pm

haha...typos RULE!!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2007 12:21 am

i've never been to prince's. i love hot fried chicken, so that maybe a nice roadtrip for me to take some time. :D
Posted: Mar 3, 2007 10:13 am

gus's is in mason not jackson, and they rebuilt it.

There was a Jackson location but it was moved to Henderson. I ate at the one in Dyersburg around Christmas and it was great. Drank a 40 with it too.
Posted: Mar 3, 2007 4:41 pm

Posted: Mar 3, 2007 7:00 pm | Edited by: andria

prince's was so hot i actually couldn't eat much of it, because my throat was closing -- and i'm the daughter of two louisianans, i think there was hot sauce in my baby bottle. the leftovers melted through a plastic bag. also it took forever to get, longer than even the old-school gus's, where you can grow cobwebs waiting for your chicken to come out of the fryer. I appreciate prince's, but i am a gus's fan through and through.
Posted: Mar 3, 2007 11:47 pm

bvalentine, i sit corrected. why am i always wrong?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®