Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I had too much to dream last night.
peterlaughner
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:01 pm

Man I'm fucked up this morning. What the hell is that wobbling sound and how is it made on 13th Floor Elevators songs? "You're gonna wake up wondering, find yourself all alone..."
Argh
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:12 pm

Last night I seriously had a nightmare where Chris Alienator was in jail and when he got out he came after me with a knife and was trying to kill me. Then he changed into my friend Stacy, who was also trying to kill me. It was scary.
creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:23 pm

that sound was made by the bands "organic advisor" blowing into a jug.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:30 pm

You mean "the electric jug?"

I tried to figure out what it was about 5 years ago (via the Internet). I got a really long winded reply from one of the guys in Bro. Jt's Vibrolux about how it was a real jug or something. It changes tones and they credit someguy with actually playing it but nobody seems to know what it is... Some sort of oscillator or something?

I mean c'mon, that doesn't really sound like what happens when I blow into a jug. Maybe I need to use more tongue.

eric o
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:45 pm

use more unknown tongue.

it's a ceramic jug.

Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:56 pm

check out http://www.watchmeeatahotdog.com/etc/elevators.mp3 to hear them talk about the jug.
creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:39 pm

that was one of those situations where they wanted to give their drug dealer a job in the band and he couldn't play anything worth mentioning(i.e, the jug).
tommysolution
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:50 pm

I had a dream the other night that involved sneaking kegs of beer on to dry college campuses by attaching thousands of helium balloons to myself and the keg. It was the best dream ever because it contained three of the greatest dream scenarios: flying, beer, and being a hero. Oh yeah, according the the dream, chicks just love guys who fly through the air and bring them beer.
Goubler
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 10:17 pm

on that Elevators live-on-TV album, he does a few demo-runs on the jug, and he's basically singing into it, with the mike run through a reverb amp....you can also see him lip-synch the jug on that clip of the Elevators on American Bandstand.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Argh, you your real name Debby? Two nights ago I woke up screaming for some girl named Debby...I'm guessing I was either horney or hungry...Little Debbies taste good yo.

I'd like to meat your friend Stacy.

Argh
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 11:08 pm

Don't make me puke, Alienator. I said it was a NIGHTMARE.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 12:52 am

were we naked? I mean just so I can picture it...I smell an erotic horror flick.
eric o
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 4:16 am

he is an incredible jug player, in my opinion.
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:41 am

agreed. easily the greatest juggist of his generation.
trip maker
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 6:33 pm

Tommy Hall wrote a lot of the lyrics, too.
I mean, besides playing the jug.
On the "Epitaph for a Legend" International Artists comp, there is an interview with Lelan Rogers in which he explains that the band carried their stash in the jug and that the pitch it made often depended on how fucked up the guys were.
Fuckin love the elevators!
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:17 am

Now if only they had given "Spanish" Tony a jug.
ed oblivian
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 12:13 am

Not only did he play jug but he's the only guy in the band with as many songwriting credits as Roky. I like to imagine him writing songs on the jug and then explaining it to the other members. "See it goes like budda-budda-budda".
peterlaughner
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 1:19 am

Man that jug player sounds like Gabe beatboxing over Mahjongg.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 6:04 am

Acid, yeah.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 6:04 am

rather, Acid, Yeah!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®