Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Buttfrenchers debut 7"
Bob Buttfrencher
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:50 am

The Buttfrenchers debut 7" "Cigarette e/p" is out now. Two songs off it are up for download at...

http://thebuttfrenchers.com

schmatt
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 4:44 pm

nifty name
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:13 pm

I haven't haerd this yet,but if it's anything like the live show then this record otta be AWESOME!!!!!! Great Hunches-like damage without being a poor copy,much better than the band name would imply (tho ilike the name in that perfectly-capturing-10-year-old-snotty-and-offensive kinda way)!!!

What is it about Oregon and great dark,post-apocalyptic edged Real Rock n'Roll? Hunches,Hospitals,Junior's Gang (R.I.P. goddammit),and now these guys- i'm tellin'ya,that state is on a ROLL!!!! All these bands share the same qualities w/out necessarily sounding like each other,i wish i could put it in words that don't sound like dumb fanboy gushing...oh well!

I wish there was more Goner-fied damage here in Art Pfag Central,maybe someday...

nickg
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:05 pm

damn, i really gotta hear that hospitals record all the way thru, i guess. everyone talks about it being so great, but "song" or two i heard was just a bunch of static and clanging.
dropkick
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:18 pm

What happened to that young band the Rock'n'Roll Soldiers from Eugene? They had a really cool demo a few years ago. All this OTT Stoogie/Scientists caterwauling and they were about 18. I dug the tape, missed their show though and I was real cut.
Chris O
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:30 pm

Rock n Roll Soldiers are fuckin great. I think one of them is Chris from the Hunches's brother. I'm pretty sure they're still around, they have a website: http://www.zapf.net/rnrsoldiers/
and have a song on that new Gearhead comp that Eric Davidson put together.

journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:35 pm

When's The First Time gettin' back together?
Bob Buttfrencher
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 2:07 am

The Rock 'n' Roll Soldiers are still around. The drummer busted up his hand a little while back, and haven't been able to play.
jenna
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 2:12 am

I think a friend of mine was trying to manage them and get them to NYC for a bunch of shows. Nothing panned out.
Chris O
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 2:24 am

looks like they're playing the parkside on december 12 with the dragons, the fuse! and the cheeps. that's a pretty bizarre lineup.
dropkick
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:15 am

Ta for the link CO. I need to hear their new shit and fast.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:20 am

The Hospital's record makes my baby mother's son cry.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:28 am

Guess ya gotta see 'em live for full Hospitalization... haven't seen 'em with new gitfiddle-ist,i can't imagine it's too radically different from the old one.

Anyway,Buttfrenchers good.

Chris O
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 4:07 am

it's better with john dwyer playing guitar, i would say. saw them play at the 16th st BART station and at a party a while back and it's just a lot easier to listen to but still totally manic and fucked up. more melodic maybe? hard to call the hospitals melodic but there you are.
defwagon
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 10:48 am

Hey this post is about the mutha fuckin Buttfrenchers! The 7" is off the heezy! The art work is awesome too! Check these guys out on Fri. Nov. 14 @ Dunes in Portland. Record release show!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®