Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Teenage hate or Grown up Fucked up?
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 7:09 am

Teenage Hate.

Without question.

eric o
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:14 am

BLEW MY MIND! YEAH YEAH!
CAL
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:49 am

They're so different, I don't think I could choose. Maybe the Blah 7"?
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 6:41 pm

whichever one has "catamaran" on it.
nickg
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:18 pm

two albums which do very different things to me. two of my favorites of all time, but i'm not gonna put 'em against each other.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:21 pm

We just had this debate in 2002!
Andrew Earles
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:47 pm

I'm going to have to go with Iggy Pop's "Butt Town."
Andrew Earles
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:53 pm

....whoops, wrong string.
nickg
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 9:24 pm

yeah, i was gonna say this has come up before.

but it made me think of something. you could kinda compare the difference in production between the two albums to Funhouse and Raw Power, in order. do you think it's coincidence that in "no one stands me" there's a line pretty close to one in "yer pretty face is going to hell" (or whatever the other title is)?

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 1:19 am

Hard to beat? Think you're reading a bit much into it. I think I perfer Teenage Hate cuz i didn't like the cartoony vocal inflection Jay used on the 2nd LP as much as his vocals on the first. Plus the songs aren't as catchy.

and I LOVE ME CATCHY.

I FUCK CATCHY.

Now off to molest my Boys and Raspberries records.

nickg
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 5:53 am

i'm not reading anything into it, really. i just noticed that the lines "dirty deeds and a dirty mind," ("no one stands me) and "purdy (sic) face and a dirty looks," (hard to beat/yer pretty face is going to hell) sound very similar, in more than one way.
kevin e
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:13 am

I always thought it was "dirty jeans and a dirty mind" but I'm not the one to really ask about lyrics.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:18 am

Those are AC/DC lyrics...does anybody else believe in fate?
eric o
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:41 am

dirty jeans.
eric o
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:42 am

there's a reatards outtakes lp (?) or cd coming out sometime from italy (i think)- we had to trim so many great songs from teenage hate it wasn't funny.

and goner hq has regreen-lighted the live lp... stay tuned.

Arturo
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:42 am

bought dirt cheap
peepstemple
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 7:51 am

jakey you think teenage hate does'nt have it "cartoony moments. Well I can tell ya when I get pissed of or loaded I sound more like the voice on grown up than the fake red neck thing on teenage hate. at the time teenage hate was done I was way into 50's rock and the sort so I wanted to go for a buudy holly goes hillbilly 70's punk thing but I can tell ya on the second one that is my real voice. I wanted to fucking shoot people at time grown up was recorded. I wanted blood and if that a cartoon to you so be it.
trash
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:31 am

eric i hope that is true!!
Todd Trickknee
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 3:47 pm

I like "Grown Up" a lot better -- "Teenage Hate" seemed a little more underdeveloped. Both great records, but "Grown Up" I can listen to straight through without my attention wavering.

"Stacye" is "Terrorist" by the Pack, a near exact match (until the chorus). Was this on purpose? I think the Pack was thanked on there, so it probably wasn't an accident.

nickg
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 6:45 pm

it's "dirty jeans?" that's way better, to me.

funny that you wanted to shoot people during "grown up...," jay. i never get that feeling from that record. stabbing comes to mind.

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:39 pm

So i suppose we can blame the onslaught of puberity for the difference in vocal inflection on your lost Sounds material (which doesn't sound as "cartoony" as Grown Up). I want to shoot people with sawed off rifles daily Jay. I dream of laying admist the enclave of trees outside this building and playing novice sniper. I can see hollow tips expand in the skulls of coperate rivals and i cackle with sadistic delight as crimson flows through this valley of cubicles.

At least you have an outlet.

Mr Blvd
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 10:19 pm

yeah I used to hate Teenage Hate cos of the over the top redneck vocals, but i got used to it. Side A of Teenage Hate is great...then Side B kinda drops the ball.....never heard Grown Up yet....

Todd...isn't The Pack's "Terrorist" a combo rip of Pretty Vacant and Blitzkreig Bop?

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 10:30 pm

I'm more mature now, and only feel like shooting people with a staple gun. I'm more mature and more sadistic.
peepstemple
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 3:51 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 4:25 am

Can't dispute that logic jay jay!

Go shoot someone!

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 4:30 am

Perhaps you could quench your bloodlust with the senseless homicide of this character!

Jakey Stiff
100 Pearl Street
Apt.A
Atlanta,ga

trash
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 4:31 am

hey jakey why are you so hung up on what jay/reatards/lost sounds did/do? you keep making these weird posts like yr lost sounds rants of the day..
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:23 am

Mmmm I've made a grand total of 3 posts. I'm what you call a "fan". I enjoy their music. I don't want to marry/rape/stalk or converge on the livelyhood of any of them. Can a man not pose questions out of sheer boredom?

I also like the teen melodrama of the O.C on fox. Wenesdays at 9pm. Matter o' fact i'm watching it as we speak!

I've made posts about the black lips as well! I live in atlanta! I must be crazy fanatical!!!!

nickg
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 7:43 pm

our power was out last night from 5:30 till 9:30. i missed the O.C. luckily i know people who tape it.

i'm not joking.

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 8:49 pm

The show is visual rock cocaine. I don't think he shouldn't gotten the girl so easily the 1st season. Hopefully the swim team captain jock will come back into the picture.

Jesus what a sad case i've become.

eric o
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:09 pm

haven't seen the OC, but what I saw of "The Rules Of Attraction" last night was Dawsons Creek-gone-psycho-tastic!
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:41 pm

I'll be happy when Al Fanken finally has his own talk show....or when Rush Limbaugh makes his big return next week....you can only imagine who he's going to pin his speed habit on? Al Gore, again!?
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:49 am

"I'm Nacho Nacho-- Nacho MAAN!!!"

This is what i thought he said the first time i heard this song 'cuz i heard it on tape!

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:50 am

Uh,the song "Not Your Man",that is.
eric o
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 4:40 am

Nacho Man is a great name for a song, anyway.

I AM NACHO MAN!

Bryant
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 8:52 am

Nacho Man - Fighting crime and spreading cheese throughout Metroville!
PaddyBullocks
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:10 pm

i never got that naked picture of stacey from jay, damnit!
timhypo
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:34 pm

I don't even know how to compare these two records. They're both amazing...
louie
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 3:30 am

i'm not really shure if we are still talking about the original idea of this post...but
i would say TEENAGE HATE.

and as far as the ACDC thing goes...
DIRTY KNEEZ DUMB BLONDES TREAT

STARCHILD
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 7:51 am

WAS IT DURING THE GROWN UP PERIOD THAT PEEPSTEMPLE ACTUALLY BROKE A DUDE'S ARM? ON PORPOISE!
uleeshuh
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 7:54 am

I always thought Nach man too, a corn-chip beany salsa smelling man, a sorta super hero.
uleeshuh
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 7:54 am

Nach man = Nachoman
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 8:15 am

I saw 'em on the "Teenage Hate" tour with the Persuaders and I gotta say that I was more blown away than I thought possible. That album truly changed my life and fucked my 17-year-old-world up completely. But it's true, they're definitely 2 albums with 2 distinct feeling behind each of them. I vote for neither.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 10:11 pm

"I am iron man...nahnanahnahnanah...vote for me."
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 10:37 pm

"WAS IT DURING THE GROWN UP PERIOD THAT PEEPSTEMPLE ACTUALLY BROKE A DUDE'S ARM? ON PORPOISE!"

This has to be the most amusing misspelling in Goner BBS history. That poor porpoise. Is it okay?

This could go the way of the Mystery Girls' baby seal fetish. The rumor starts here!

michael bateman
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 10:39 pm

My bad. I meant to say dead dolphin, not baby seal. Same thing.
Todd Trickknee
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 3:32 am

That dolphin makes a guest appearance on the Catholic Boys album. He's smoking a grit, lounging on the beach, and reports are that he's turned down beer commercial work in order to stay "DIY" (his words).

Just for the halibut.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®