Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / OBLIVIANS Halloween Show Pics
jhphoto
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 11:39 am

Despite my drunken an over adrenilated state, I managed to get some great ones. Thanks to Eric for tolerating me knocking over his mic stand on more than one occasion.

All shots were shot hi-rez, apologies for the lo-fi jpgs.

http://www.jeremyharris.com/bands/oblivians/index.htm

Mandible
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 5:02 pm

I like how there's any array of stompboxes on the stage that don't seem to be plugged into anything. Does Ed Oblivian just play that Jaguar with the strings backwards, ala Dick Dale? Crazy.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 6:21 pm

That's what he told me! I actually played a left handed acoustic at Legba and realy liked it, I've been looking for a cheap left handed strat for the past 3 days with no luck...One guy even told me that left handed guitars were stupid, because he was like "if you think about it, they don't make left handed violens"...Goddamn Guitar Shop Asshole.
Daneau
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 9:44 pm

Damn! Those pictures are sweet! Put mine to shame! There's one of Eric where it looks like his soul is trying to leap out!Mine are linked in another thread.
River Rat
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 10:39 pm

are these ladies on the goner board?
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 11:04 pm

VA VA VOOM.

Next stop - the catwalks of Milan!

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 11:19 pm

I love girls who look like Brody Armstrong and wear quasi-ironic 80s hair metal tees.

peterlaughner
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 11:55 pm

If the gal in the G 'n R teeshirt wants to get together sometime, holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pear
Posted: Nov 8, 2003 12:00 am

I didn't know the O's reunion went down at Harpo's.
majorasshole
Posted: Nov 8, 2003 12:07 am

The Banger Sisters 2 ElectricBoogaloo
grizzone
Posted: Nov 8, 2003 12:56 am

you'd holla allright,especially when you had to pee later

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 8, 2003 8:01 pm

Did somebody take that shot when they were to drunk to walk? That's a good angle.....reminds of guys with thier tit cams at Kentucky Derby.....those girls were hanging out at the cookout with some rocknroll lookin people....When I heard GNR befor the Lost Sounds sunday it sounded so good...I told the bartender Axl was rippin off The Pirates, but I was just drunk, it was the Godz. I wish I had a shirt like that.
CS Eunuch
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 12:05 am

She'd knee you in the junk if you told her she looked like Brody Armstrong. And she's not wearning that T to be irnoic, she just loves G'N'R.
fan
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 8:39 am

The 2 on the left used to live here and they are definitely NOT ironic fans of music
They are true fans.
The one on the right just goes to shows to get laid and I don't think she's even has a sense of hearing.
Degrading Fetishist
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 8:45 am

No sense of hearing, eh?
Robby G
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 1:38 pm

What's up with the lipstick?
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 1:26 am

Tell Brody Jr. that'll it'll blizzard in Lucifer's throne room before she "kicks me my junk".
schmatt
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 4:47 pm

Why doesn't somebody cough up that girl on the far right's name. If it is who I think it is, she really is lost in space and only goes to shows to cock hunt.
Slob
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:53 pm

I'd like to know for my own personal reasons. I like hunting. Somebody help us out.
lacey underwear
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:31 pm

GEEZ. ENOUGH ALREADY!
THIS IS SO RUDE AND SAD!
LEAVE THESE GIRLS ALONE!
DAMN!
schmatt
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 11:53 pm

girls always travel in packs and go to the bathroom together-even on the internet. See above.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:13 am

Shame on us gang. What pigs we have become. Seeking the coddling nature of a cock huntress on these forums. We all should bow our heads in unison for the ill repute we have slathered across this refuge for girls that wear GNR shirts.

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:15 am

and anyone who can adore GNR after the Use your Illusion debacle is beyond salvage.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:43 am

Use Your Illusion isn't all that bad...I like Don't Cry, and I always realy realy liked Civil War. "I don't need your Civil War, It feed the rich while it burries the poor"...complete with Cool Hand Luke quote, it's a killer! I liked/like Use Your Illusion I and II.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:45 am

I mean GNR weren't realy butt rockers....they were just plain rockers....like Replacements and Rolling Stones...people who think they were realy glam and shit, just don't know.....they were glam, but so was N.Y. Dolls, they fuckin invented it.
lacey underwear
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 4:46 am

I hate to interupt this meeting of the minds...
but the only reason women use the bathroom together from elementary school to adulthood is because we're doing a mind-numbing amout of cocaine.
uleeshuh
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:15 am

...and to make out.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:26 am

mythology of the ages shattered within mere moments.

Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 8:06 am

It's been a few hours since I read the commentary on the young ladies in the picture, but I find it increasingly disturbing. If one pays the cover to get into a show, why should one's presence there be questioned in any way?

From a female perspective, I can tell you there are plenty of men less interested in the show than getting laid. I know because sometimes I try to talk to men at shows about music. Not only do they not want to talk about the music, but when they find out I'm married, they're livid, as if I'd crossed over some unwritten barrier.

Get a grip, male ones. What's with the judgement call?

Why should anyone question this lady's motive for being at the show? She can go wherever she fucking pleases. And whether or not she can articulate her purposes for being there to your satisfaction is your goddamned problem.

fierydrunk
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:20 am

Shhhh...Lacey! I am not about to give up any of our fucking stash, esp. to these losers.

Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:32 am

i enjoy music
like getting laid and also
making fun of girls
eric o
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:02 am

uh, drinking also, chris?
Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:24 pm

well DUH..
but I actually haven't had a drink since sunday.

playing dee dee king
delerium taking hold
someone gimme booze

schmatt
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 5:24 pm

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ- Helen Wheels is a little over fucking serious. This is a goddamn rock n' roll board. I think she meant her tedious sexual politics comments for the Camille Paglia board or the Betty Friedan board. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ-It's one think to be a super-obsessed macho weirdo but a little male bullshitting, lighten the fuck up. I actually was wondering who the one on the far right was, because if she was who I thought she was (which may be totally off base), she is a cock huntress, who wouldn't appreciate the Oblivians any differently than Creed. It's just something to giggle at. I will make mention at the next Neanderthals Anonymous meeting that we need to lighten up when a with-it rock mom appraches to talk "serious" about the music. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.
PaddyBullocks
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 6:07 pm

It's time to rock
It's time to rap
It's time for the
Mashed potato attack
nickg
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 7:48 pm

there was gonna be a dee dee king cover band started for one of the Coverage shows in the area. it never happened, but i'm kinda glad cause i wasn't involved.

"baby doll" offa that record is actually a really, really good song, in my opinion. most people like that record for ironic reasons, but there's more than a handful of great tunes as far as i'm concerned. "poor little rich girl" is a classic, too.

Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 8:15 pm

Baby Doll and Poor Little Rich Girl are semi-okay rock songs.. I wish he'd have left them off the album and put some more classic rap tunes on there instead. "German Kid?", "I Want What I Want When I Want It?" pure brilliance. It sucks because it kind of reminds me of stuff like the dead milkmen or even mente, which makes it easy to forget that dee dee WASN'T JOKING when he made that album, he was completely serious. that makes it even more amazing.
nickg
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 8:42 pm

yeah, see, i don't mind that there's rock songs on there. people take it as "dee dee's rap album," but i just take it as a record. i like variance.
PaddyBullocks
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:23 pm

plus 'the crusher' totally fuckin rules
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:37 pm

Even if I didn't pay to get into a show, why should my presence be questioned in anyway....
Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 9:46 pm

Well at least you have a pulse. And I didn't expect you to agree, fer cryin' out loud.

I just think that if you got as much action as her, you'd be bragging. This is a double standard that pertains more to adolescence than rock'n'roll. The fact that the subject was brought up for discussion on a music board would be a part of my point. You may be as much a dilettante as her with all you've said of substance about music here.

By the way, I like the photos a lot. Especially the one of Jack's feet, I think it must have been taken after he played drums. I can't think of any other reason he'd do that. I also like the one of the fan who seems to be waving hi to Greg and appears to be about to faint with adoration.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:21 pm

I probbably have gotten more action than her in my past....I guess I don't brag is because I'm either A.Lazy or B. don't want to think about those days...exept for when I'm jerkin off in the shower.

I don't find anything offensive about what people were righting about those girls...what I find fascinating, is your rule that if you pay to see a band play, you're entitled to be there.....just because it reminds me of girls I've known who invent all these logical rules, like, "If he buys me dinner, and kissess my ass for a month...I can sleep with him." See boys, that's the trick to getting laid, figure out a girls rational/irrational rules, and don't fucking break them, and your in like flin.....I just don't got the energy for it anymore.....one day I'll find a girl I like enough to go through the shit.....But I gues the real trick is to just to start a band and fuck girls like the one pictured above everynight....I never been in a band but I was a pretty boy, and those women leave me cold and empty.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:25 pm

I'm just to tempermental to cator to anybodies needs and wants...even my own....Stone Free.
nickg
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:04 pm

chris, if you hadn't stopped your weekly visits to yer cousin's house you'd prolly still be gettin' some action. you don't need a band for that.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:35 pm

I do got some pretty hot cousins...a new one turning 18 every year!
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:36 pm

It does sort of bother me when my hippi cousin hits on my sister..but what are cousins for?
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:40 pm

That shit goes on in Wisconsin too I'm sure...you must not have any cousins.
Argh
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:55 pm

I think the point the Helen & co. are trying to make is that it's kind of hard being a girl going to shows because people are always questioning why you are there....like is it cause of your friends, cause you actually like music or because you are a 'cock huntress'. But no one ever thinks twice about questioning why a guy is at a show. I don't get too worked up about it, but probably cause I don't feel like I have to prove to anyone, for reasons I won't get into since I don't want to look like i think I have something to prove...a vicious cycle. And also I can't get too worked up because I find myself accidentally judging people too. Anyway, it sucks to have been djing at a bar for five years and have somebody who you never saw before say "You have great taste in music for a girl, did you have a boyfriend who made you listen to good music?" or "You're the only girl whose musical taste I trust" etc. It's just insulting and I think it's more because I was raised by my parents to be a person, not a gender, so I don't think of things like in terms of girl or boy so much. It even gets on my nerves a little bit when people are stoked that I'm a girl who has a label, or that is (newly)in a band, people shouldn't support the label or the band just because it's got girls involved... thats like reverse sexism...ok I'm rambling
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:59 pm

It sounds like you got it made then, you could probbably get laid based on your good taste in music.....How would you like always having to tell girls your motorcycles in the shop, and Led Zeppelin is your favorite band!?

Yeah baby, Modest Mouse they're pretty good.

Just joking.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 12:03 am

I can't remember the last time a girl gave a fuck what kind of music I'm into....and usually when they find out, they're turned off......like try explaining to someone that you like living in a basement so you can buy guitar crap, and then in the same sentence explain to them why you won't play in a band with the hippis down the street, or her best friend who's new favorite band is the White Stripes....it just doesn't add up.

I'm saving up to buy a 2005 Mustang and then my problems with be solved.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 12:10 am

Now that I think about it, I don't think any guys question why a girls at a show...we're just wondering if she's there to sleep with the band, or if we might have a shot with her....
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 12:20 am

people are always questioning why you are there....like is it cause of your friends, cause you actually like 'party' or because you are a 'cock huntress'. But no one ever thinks twice about questioning why a guy is at a 'bar'. I don't get too worked up about it, but probably cause I don't feel like I have to prove to anyone, for reasons I won't get into since I don't want to look like i think I have something to prove...a vicious cycle.

This makes more sense to me....and I've been to plenty of fucked shows in fucked towns, where everyone pays 15 bucks not to see a good band, but to try and hook up....At most shows, like 10% of the people are there for the music, and everyone else is there to try and hook up......I mean maybe you get approached by the guys who are just looking to hook-up, so naturally they confront you about it....

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 12:44 am

I mean going to shows is realy no different than hanging out at bars.....10% of the people are there because they like to drink, they're fuckin drinkers...but most everyone else is there for social reasons...you don't know if they're thier to hang out with thier friends, or if they're on a date or what.....When your an alcoholic, it's nice to meet girls who like to drink, just like it's nice to meet a girl who's into good music.....but you still don't know if she's realy there to fuck the bartender or not....girls know this, and they use it to thier advantage...I mean as a guy, I'm used to getting fuckin manipulated.....I got no sympathy for women on that level...none at all....as far as thier worth being based on beauty and bearing kids and crap, and youth...I have sympathy for them there.....but jesus, I can't find any overly obnoxious coments on here....maybe I'm a sexist pig....good.
Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 1:03 am

Let's conduct a survey. You are funny, doc. That's all that counts in my book. And Argh, you seem to understand my meaning, thank you for translating.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 1:25 am

I know it don't matter what I say, as long as I try to do it charmingly.....
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 1:27 am

or sometimes lack of charm works too....
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:11 am

God bless the full blooded american cock huntress. One of Gods finer gifts given to this mortal coil.

People judge people's intentions at shows regardless of sex. If you see someone waltz into a "garage" show with a Snoop Doggy Dog shirt i ensure you the smug majority would think he was being ironic or a goddamn idiot. No-one would actually accept the lad for actually enjoying the stylings of Mr.Dogg..

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:13 am

15 bucks?!!?! Good Lord Doctor. Are you in the nosebleed section for the latest Stones incarnation?

For 15 dollars i'd be trying to fuck everything with a vagina as well.

Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 3:21 am

I too am intrigued by this band of masked cock huntresses. That term kills me. Kinda conjures up images of full moons and one-breasted women with bows and arrows.

I hope they don't hurt the cocks once they've hunted them down. That would be horrible. What good is a cock when it's dangling from your mantle?

Argh
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 9:02 am

Sure, judge him on his shirt, that's a whole 'nother story, but I'm saying I get judged from the second I walk in a place by my gender. Whatever I dont really care, I'm just sssssssayyyyyyyyyyyyin
Slob
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 5:25 pm

watch out - Helen's dong a 360!
You can't have it both ways, lady. Either it's offensive or it's funny, but you better pick ONE and stick to it.
Especially after that rant! Sheesh!
Women!
razor a go go
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:00 pm

i am of the opinion that you CAN have it both ways. but i do have ovaries, so maybe that's to be expected.
flinstone flip
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:18 pm

all i know it shouln't matter whether or not you think you are judged when you walk into a place because your and woman, or a man, or a whatever. you should do what you like. i do what i like and if someone says shit about it, fuck'em. just because i am female and i like to wear rocknroll tshirts or reveal my cleavage, don shorty skirts, no panties and/or fishnets, doesn't mean i am necessarily cock hunting. maybe the tshirt was all i had semi-clean. maybe i left all my other clothes at someone's house. maybe i just like the way the fishnets rub up against my pussy. ....
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 8:11 pm

As long as you trudge along this bitter rock you will be subjected to mockery/assessment and judgement of your male counterpart. It's best you stay at home. Watching big breasted women frolic amongst emaciated records geeks in a radio birdman XS shirt at a Detriot Cobras show is too much to bare. Our loins burn.

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 8:14 pm

The irony of this woman sifting for a semi-clean shirt while announcing she's wearing no underwear.

THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN FILTH AND FRAGRANCE.

Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 9:47 pm

Listen, I never complained about the way I am treated in a club, because I don't care why other people think I'm there. The only thing I care about is whether or not I get what I wanted out of the experience.

I commented because I don't see anything wrong with her being there for whatever reason, and I didn't think it was right to make a value judgement about her. She's there, so what? If you don't like her look the other way. Are you afraid she's going to jump you and cut your cock off?

I never said I was offended by foul language, sexuality, or dark humor. I'm offended by people judging other people about things that are really none of their business just for the purpose of spreading bitterness.

I can feel this way and still say cocks should be protected from mutilation (even if in the context of a joke). I'm starting to think that what the term "cock huntress" reveals is that a woman unashamed of her sexuality is threatening to some men.

Now, if she said she didn't like the Oblivians, I would probably want to straighten her out. But that's a different issue.

Sheesh is right.

schmatt
Posted: Nov 15, 2003 12:44 am

I quoteth the most eloquent Slob

"watch out - Helen's dong"

malaprop/mispelling or Freudian slip?

Slob
Posted: Nov 15, 2003 1:19 am

BOTH !
I want it both ways, please. What's goo dfor the goose, etc. etc.
Slob
Posted: Nov 15, 2003 1:20 am

figure that one out, though

maybe i just suck at typng

Helen Wheels
Posted: Nov 15, 2003 10:58 am

Now that you've mentioned it, I do have a dong! It may be tiny, and hidden behind a protective shield, but it's a dong nonetheless.

And my own brother told me he thinks that a man's balls correspond to a woman's breasts (in terms of sensitivity etc.).

Strange how much erectile tissue we all have in common. If only we had the same emotional tissue. Blowing my nose would be so satisfying, I'd never have to cry!

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 12:43 am

Women size up a man the minute he walks into a show, bar, club too....there's realy no differance, exept that women believe thier should be a double standard, because they've had to endure years of oppression....I could realy go off on affirmative action here, but that would realy be over obvious and boring....but yeah, there's a definent double standard, I'm sorry if there's still dick heads in the world like me, who won't eat a girl out, unless she douches that shit...I mean sheesh....

As a rule I realy only rebel against what I consider extremism, which is like most of modern society....there are no happy medians anymore...I mean mainstream america is pretty fuckin extreme...fucking sports are extreme, fucking X-treme fuckin Potato Chips are extreme......I'm sick of it....I like common courtesy and equality and crap.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 12:46 am

Yeah, just in louisville there's this music club called Headliners, where like Los Straight Jackets just played..and like Trans Am, and crap..the Fuckin Champs....anyway nobody cares what bands are playing, you pay 15 bucks, and you just hit on as many chicks with boob jobs as you possibly can.

I won't pay 15 dollars for a show...but I'll admit I go to lots of shows by bands I hate, for the soul purpose of trying to hook up...I'm only human. I don't waste my time with shit like that too much anymore thow.

peterlaughner
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 1:14 am

Shit I just bought that DeeDee King LP for 2.50. 2Much2Drink is a pretty decent rap.
I kinda scanned the last 30 or so posts so I may be off the subject but I wasn't questioning whether the girls in the jpeg should be at an Oblivians show. I just thought one of 'em was cute. Carry on.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 8:14 am

The cock huntress!?
peepstemple
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm

look all bull shittin aside i know both these girls on the right and if you can imagine mick mars plus boobs minus a brain thats what ya got
peepstemple
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm

look all bull shittin aside i know both these girls on the right and if you can imagine mick mars plus boobs minus a brain thats what ya got
Robby G
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 4:40 pm

"But no one ever thinks twice about questioning why a guy is at a show."

Because it's obvious. And that's why they're in bands!
louie
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 5:52 pm

the girl on the far left is JIM DANDY'S dauhter from BLACK OAK...REALLY!!! i think she may hve the right to rock at a rock show...and i know shes cool too...louie

journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 16, 2003 9:01 pm

Holy fuck!
This is getting interesting!
Jim Dandy's daughter?!
I'm loaded and that made me have to pee even more!
ACHEOWOIJDOY(*Q#HUKHK@#!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®