Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / speaking of drugs...
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 2:28 am

for those of you that enjoy them, have you ever been to the doctor and been asked whether or not you partake? Do you lie about it?
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 2:57 am

I always tell them everything. I just wanna know the truth about how they'll mess with the other medication/ailments I have. Never been judged once. Nurses dig that shit.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:06 am

I remember one time in high school I went to the Dr. as stoned as Mt. Rushmore. When he checked my eyes he was like "huh? That's funny" I'm like "what?" He says when's the last time you've had your eyes checked...I have perfect vision(knock on wood)...He thought I was going blind or something. He had me reading the Eye Chart. Haha. I was really baked. He might have been doing it to scare me. Who knows. Now I tell em all..."Yeah, I smoked a doob this morning."
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:07 am

The worst that will happen is that you'll get a little speech. They're more pissed at you for smoking cigarettes than anything. Unless you're a junkie or crackhead.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:20 am

I fessed up to my new doc the ther day. I was seriously ashamed of myself. Still, I can't wait for Friday night!
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:22 am

I always tell them everything.

Me too.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 4:06 am

I can do without the sermon I always get, though.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 4:09 am

i don't tell them that i do anything because if i did, then they definitely wouldn't give me any good stuff for pain.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 4:18 am

I always tell them everything. I just wanna know the truth about how they'll mess with the other medication/ailments I have. Never been judged once. Nurses dig that shit.
Problem with telling Drs stuff is that it gets on your medical records, and then if you ever apply for health ins, or are in a motor vehicle accident, or have a workers comp claim, then your past medical records could come into issue, and a whole buncha folks trying to fuck you now have ammo.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 5:02 am

The problem with telling doctors the truth is that like Elle said, it can prevent you from getting hard drugs if you're looking for them. I've been honest and I haven't been. I've been hospitalized for an overdose once, and I haven't been back to a hospital since, but I know that they were very reluctant to give me the sedatives I needed to keep me alive when it was happening because I came in on a potentially fatal dose of a very rare experimental research chemical. I figure that the weed doesn't conflict with anything, and if I'm put on serious meds, well then I probably shouldn't be doing the hard stuff anyway.

The only time I've been put on real serious meds, other than cool stuff like getting a shot of morphine because I was fucked up on meth and somehow vomited bile into my nasal cavities, which is real painfu by the way, is when I was put on meds for high blood pressure. All I was doing then is drinking and puffin' and although the meds didn't help, when I started doing speed daily shortly after giving up on medicine, well, my blood pressure dropped dramatically to a near healthy level.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:29 pm

why wouldnt you? worldwide doctor-cop conspiracy?

it crossed my mind!
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:22 pm | Edited by: elle

well, one thing is that the current presidential administration is pushing quite heavily for computerized medical records. your medical records when in that format contain various codes indicating whether you do drugs, engage in risky behavior (such as a full contact sport, etc.), have a history of high blood pressure, have been treated for an std, etc. these computerized records can be accessed by a variety of people -- the government themselves have access to them if you're applying for SSI or medicare, insurance companies can look at them and deny you if you're applying for it and seem too risky (although technically they're not supposed to deny you on the basis of these codes, but who's to say that insurance companies aren't crooked. harhar.)...basically what matt says. i don't tell them as a matter of privacy, but also, i would like on the occasion to get something that will help me not feel my stupid knees when they're swollen up to the size of basketballs.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Is this a joke? I that the client confidentiality thing was for bragging!
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:49 pm

Posted: Feb 20, 2007 7:12 pm

other than cool stuff like getting a shot of morphine because I was fucked up on meth and somehow vomited bile into my nasal cavities, which is real painfu by the way

that is awesome. and totally fucked.

i'll never understand meth. is it just cuz i am an east coaster? regional thing? i tried it once and it was crazy but those documentaries that talk about what is in that shit...
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 7:13 pm

When I was getting life insurance eight years ago, they company sent over a nurse to give me the physical and urine test.( I guess it's much cheaper for them to do that than go to a hospital to have it done)

Anyway, after the urine test she started asking me a bunch of questions about my past drug use, to which I answered everything honestly.

"Have you done Cocaine in the last so and so years? Yes
"Have you shared a needle in the last so and so years? Yes

After about two or three more similar questions, she put the paper down and said" You know, you might want to lie about some of these. I'm going to put down no or they're not going to give you insurance" And that's what she did. I could tell she was in a hurry to get out of there.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 9:15 pm

jerry, at least the lady was nice about it and told you that you may want to lie. hehe.

i dunno, Turd. meth is pretty common around all the places i've lived. had WAY too many roommates/friends in the midwest that were all strung out on it years back and around in memphis it hasn't been AS bad as it was up there. still around and still know people on it, just not as many. knew a buncha atl people who were bad messed up on that too. and i know it was when i was out in sf several years back cuz everywhere i looked there were advertisements for treatment of addicts of it. i haven't hung out on the east coast all that much really, so i don't know if it's not as common up there or what.

the stuff they make it out of is pretty fucked. anhydrous ammonia. i remember that farmers up in indiana had to lock that shit up cuz some psycho meth producer who had a crank lab in his trailer would go and steal that shit faster than anything. it's funny how many trailers and barns would catch on fire due to a meth lab exploding and be on the news up there when i lived in indiana. you hear about it occasionally happening over in arkansas and missouri on the news here too in memphis, but not as often as it used to happen a few years back.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®