Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Finally got The Alarm Clocks record!
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:01 pm

Bazooka Joe was right, it's pretty damn great
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:11 pm

pffft. bazooka joe was dissin the alarm clocks weeks before that record came out. he don't know shit.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:27 pm

well latida...
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:45 pm

Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:50 pm

Big itch #8 is great too.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 10:54 pm

i bet the disc queer's girlfriend still wishes tim stegall was around. i heard he actually has man's size shoes etc...
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:10 pm

You're one to talk. Get a haircut, Gertrude. In the back, anyway.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:22 pm

at least i have hair, baseball cap baldie. when's your due date???
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:50 pm

February 29th, two thousand and blow me.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:51 pm

They finally had the LP at Goner. I didn't buy it, though. It looked stupid.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:54 pm

It looked stupid.

TK took that picture.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:56 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

So? I got the Preacher's Kids lp instead.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 1:00 am

You shoulda got the Hipshakes!
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 1:13 am

You shoulda got the Hipshakes!

I don't know about the Preacher's Kids lp, but the Hipshakes lp is a fine album...
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 1:26 am

They finally had the LP at Goner. I didn't buy it, though. It looked stupid.

it is supposed to look like a specific rolling stones record
if you don't like retro, it won't appeal to you
and it certainly does not look prog, so that explains to me why jack stands thinks it looks stupid

a chacun a son gout!
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 1:41 am

If I want TK photos, I buy 'em. I got two. I'm not gonna spend money on a record because of the art work per se. They should have got Roger Dean. I would have got it on principle.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 1:42 am

a chacun a son gout!

A chupacarbra's son has the gout?
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 2:14 am

Yeah, maybe I didn't buy it specifically because of the hype.
I could have very easily asked Eric to play it. But then I saw the Preacher's Kids lp, and got it because I didn't even know there was one. I've heard them a few times.
To be fair, I'll go back to the shop and request a listen.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 3:49 am

I think musically it's a good record but I'm probably more fascinated with the band's history and the unlikeliness of them making music after taking 40 years off. I actually can't imagine Stands would like it at all.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 4:08 am

Preacher's Kids lp
man i want this. eric/zac is there another copy?
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 4:13 am

Hey, my dad played trumpet in marching band in a town in W.Virginia that doesn't exist anymore. If I record him and put out a 7", will you buy it? I mean, he's probably got 50 years over their 40. And he was real poverty Appalacia; they didn't have electricity until he was in his teens. History and old-timey mixed into one! I'll even do it mono and scratch sandpaper on a table so it sounds "authentic".
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 4:44 am

I wasn't dissing, I honestly just think you won't like it very much. Like I said, I think it's "good." Definately not somethong that "you're a moron if you dont like it." Unless you're a sucker for BFTG you won't really care.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 6:45 pm

I think musically it's a good record but I'm probably more fascinated with the band's history and the unlikeliness of them making music after taking 40 years off.

Yup - me sentiments exactly. It's a good record, for sure, but the story behind it makes it a great record (and I'm not usually influenced by that sort of thing, but it's an unprecedented moment in rnr, if you ask me).
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 6:53 pm

the original songs are great. the production an cover songs kinda bring it down for me. but it's a great party record an i don't know of many better songwriters an singers than mike pierce. a little too much of the new guy for me. the clocks never had a fuzz rock sound before an his guitar crowds everybody else out in the mix. nice guy though.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 6:56 pm

But really, considering the date, the production's not bad at all. They could have sucked all the life out of it or made it contemporary sounding, and they didn't....agreed on the cover songs. It's way better than any current retro-garage band, for sure (I'm talking the straight-up shit).
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 8:18 pm

the clocks never had a fuzz rock sound before an his guitar crowds everybody else out in the mix.

good assesment.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 10:25 pm

the clocks never had a fuzz rock sound before an his guitar crowds everybody else out in the mix.

good assesment.

get a fuckin' room you two!
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 10:29 pm

good assesment.

I could control myself before a dominant third male got involved, but I give up. C'mon you guys, butt fuck me!
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Fingercuffs!
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm

good assesment.

I could control myself before a dominant third male got involved, but I give up. C'mon you guys, butt fuck me!

Reading my own comment to this gets me so hot!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®