Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Is five hours enough?
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

Got home last night 2.00am, pissy drunk and all...had five hours sleep, up again & enjoying the 7.30am cool. Drinking a beer, a coffee, apple juice & some water. She's asleep, that kitten is wide awake though.
How long do you need to recover from a night out? Discuss.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:37 pm

a whole day for me, but I usally do really bad things.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:39 pm

I'm still paying for my night out last night. Wasn't gonna go out but, did and did some fucked up shit. I'm tired. Gonna go take a nap in my car for lunch.

I got about 4 hours sleep. It'll take me until about the time I'm getting off work to feel up to par.

Lightweight.
How bad?
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Exile On Smith Street became Excited in Carlisle Street..I took the party home to the Hound.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:43 pm

I hate coffee but, stayed up all night.

THe pot and beer helped but, still not much sleepin.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Get that work myspace done yet, Arm? Link?
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:47 pm

Sleep's always the best cure for me. If I get up too early it's all day.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:52 pm

This beer is warm, and flat.
I can smell the sea from here, early morning onshore breeze.
It's already hot, and the kitten wants to jump on my keyboard.
Are there any cigarettes left? Yes? Good.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:55 pm

I went to bed drunk with a space heater next to my face. Drank no water before passing out, slept four hours and been feeling like dog shit all day. Hangovers are all about the hydration.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:02 pm | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

That's where the apple juice comes in.
8.00am now, found a cold beer in the fridge, this day just gets better.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:21 pm

need to brush my teeth.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:33 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:33 pm | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

Yum. Thanks, Donkey.
Persistent urban rumor has it that the kebabs from that place on the corner of Carlisle St & Brighton Rd are actually the roasted remains of sub-standard street girls. Whose standards? That fat guy in the car over there, who collects the money.
And they put Narcan in the beer at the Greyhound for some customers.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:34 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:36 pm

And again, thanks, Donkey, but I don't do Albert Park..if we need breakfast we'll go down to Brew Ha-Ha a bit later.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:40 pm

Kitten is asleep, someone else is awake. Leave you to ponder- I'm going back to bed.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 10:55 pm

I need 7 or 8 hours, but then I'm over 40.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 11:04 pm

someone else is awake. Leave you to ponder-

your gay boyfriend???
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 11:33 pm

Don't strain yourself there DD. Yawn.
Let me go and tell her some lame washed up fuck made a half-assed crack about her on the interweb...she'll laugh at you, not with you.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 12:40 am

You braggart!
Sometimes it takes me TWO days now.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 8:20 am

Snoozle, sleep, swoon...

Cold sheets -- woo-woo!

That macho Aussie horsecock is all bullshit. I'll bet after the seven crates of VB are gone...

OK, OK, I'm just bullshitting.

I can pull a "raise-hell-from-8pm-to-5am" just to impress the co-workers but I need two days of meditation afterward.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 8:25 am

G'day, Hannysakle, yo luuking broight.

Wheh the FACK is punkin? I an' seen 'im fa OIGES.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:37 pm

I answered my own question yesterday- no, it's not enough.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:41 pm

I usually need at least 16 hours of doing absolutely nothing...
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 2:53 am

i have a fine line that seperates what 4 hours of sleep can take care of and needing at least 18 hours of absolutely no stimulation. im getting better at keeping track of where the line is, but im only 22 yet. my job, i cant do it if im not at my best, so i try to err on the sober side. then again, i work thirds, so when people are fallin sleep at like 3, thats middle of the work day for me.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 2:59 am

I got wasted on Saki and pills last night and my girlfriend asked me to marry her.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 3:44 am

dude, I think you might be able to get that shit annulled.
Posted: Feb 18, 2007 10:24 pm

crazy what being fucked up all the time will do to your brain after awhile, mine feels like swiss cheese.
After Sixfthick at the Greyhound last night, mine feels like an absolute cheeseburger.
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 12:35 am

emergen-c with mineral water and a hot salt bath pretty much knocks out anything from the night before
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 1:24 am

i had an emergen-c day after by birthday, but nothing was going to help me. ill have to try it again
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 2:03 am

emergen-c is great, take one, then another straight away if you dont puke the first. That stuff can even knock out and E or speed comedown.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 1:46 am

i have nasty ass hangovers usually, but only if i drink over 12 beers, which is pretty much anytime drink really. any liquid i consume large amounts of the day after a particularly brutal night of drinking like that will come out as vomit, so i gotta be careful.

usually i got to sleep 8 hours and slowly nurse my hangover with some smokeage and some dr. pepper. an emergen-c does help some too. as does some type of greasy/carby type of food.

that is, if i want to be fully functional. most of the time, i stuff some greasy food in my mouth and grab a soda and head to work fully unable to comprehend or speak english. i feel particularly nasty, but i get by on 4-5 hours of sleep time. hate it. bad. that usually happens about 3 times a week.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 3:26 am

I used to get super drunk on a nightly bases a few years back and I would have my good friend that was a nurse come over and put an I.V. drip in my arm. I'm not kidding 2 hours later you feel like a million bucks!
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 4:02 am

I'm still recovering from last night, actually I guess I'm recovering from a four day bender.

fuckin mardi gras.

my stomach is unhappy.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 4:04 am

So is mine, though the beers I had for lunch helped.
I'll be passed out on the sofa this evening if anyone needs me.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 9:14 am

I still haven't recovered from a certain night in April of '92. It's goin' on 15 years now.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 10:00 am

i can't remember where, but i've heard that the body goes into its self-repair, replenishing mode during the 7th hour of sleep. i try now to get 8 hours

as for avoiding the day-after problems.... water water and more water... in between drinks, before bed. always, without fail.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 11:02 am

I've drunk this once or twice the morning after and it seemed to help.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®