Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Mencia aint a beaner
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 5:07 am

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=44170

i hate this fuck. Joe Rogan rules.

the links at the bottom are worth checking out also.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:14 am

Wow, I've been reading this shit and watching video for the past hour.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:19 am

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:33 am

Cool. i love this stuff. i've got one CD by Rogan and it is pretty good. I was a fan of Bill Hicks when he was still alive (anybody remember Impact video magazine w/ Hicks and the Butthole surfers, Robt. Williams et all?) and can remember when Dennis Leary got a career off bill's material.

i think some republican in texas has found a way to put uranium in the underwear of people like Bill Hicks and Molly Ivins to give 'em cancer.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:26 pm

That video is great. Carlos Mencia is a total hack. And I really hate his trademark retarded noise.

So which comic is the most hated by his fellow peers--Carlos Mencia or Dane Cook?
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 5:24 pm

So not only is "Carlos Mencia" stealing jokes, he's too dumb/un-funny to steal better jokes.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 5:52 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 5:53 pm

That was one amazing vid. Joe Rogan is my new hero.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Great article
Take the Funny and Run

I had always heard that Robin Williams was notorious for ripping off other comics' jokes but I had no idea that they developed a secret signal to alert comics when he was entering a club!
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm

He's a douche, a liar, a cheat, and worst of all he ain't funny (at least Leary had his moments).
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:26 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 6:35 pm

Bray!

Man that's crazy. i bet that agency will regret this when mencia's career is over in less than a year.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:14 pm

a year
month
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:21 pm

That makes no sense....Rogan makes 10X the money that Ned Mencia makes, just on Fear Factor alone...
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:25 pm

That makes no sense....Rogan makes 10X the money that Ned Mencia makes, just on Fear Factor alone...

do you actually know that or just guessing?

That google video is awesome. I hate when people use the excuse "they are just jealous" when people call them out on shit.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:25 pm

they are just jealous
that and calling people little bitches. dead giveaway.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:38 pm

It's really pathetic when Carlos Mencia claims George Lopez physically attacked him because he doesn't want other Latino comics to succeed?!?
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:42 pm

I feel kind of badly for this Ned guy after watching that stuff. Especially when Joe Rogan is telling him he doesn't have any comedian friends, but if he is stealing material he should be called out.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Joey, what do you know, you little bitch! You're just jealous.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 10:22 pm

I've always thought Mencia was a totally unfunny, unoriginal hack. I hate hate HATE that expression he makes during punchlines that says "I just blew your fucking mind, didn't I?". Ugh.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 10:25 pm

carlos mencia sucks
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 10:32 pm | Edited by: frankie teardrop

Is anyone really surprised that he isn't actually Mexican? I am sure he was just created to be Mexican so media companies, like Comedy Central, could cash in on the huge population of Mexican immigrants in this country. But, does it even matter that he is not Mexican? Is that what really makes him lose his street cred? How about the fact that the guy is nothing more than a corporate American racist. Which I think is a big problem considering the number of people that he reaches.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 10:34 pm

do you actually know that or just guessing?

I'm guessing, but Fear Factor was a big hit on NBC for 6 years....it's in syndication now, as is NewsRadio....those checks combined with the the $ he makes doing standup and the UFC thing is gotta be a lot more than Mencia's comedy central gig....

carlos mencia sucks

I'm not sure if truer words have been spoken on the goner board...
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 11:29 pm

I'm not sure if truer words have been spoken on the goner board...

bacon tastes good. that is really true.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 12:37 am

bacon tastes good
Just had some, he's right.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 2:08 am

bacon tastes good
Just had some, he's right.

Not sure if I believe you. I'll eat a pound of it this weekend and see.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 7:55 am

Ten years ago, a friend of mine heard a comedian on the radio, showed up at my house and demanded we go see him that night.

I'd never seen a comedian live and was in no way interested but when my buddy offered to pay, I came around.

I was not open to standup humor from a "comedian" who'd been on the local jagoff radio morning show and I was furious at the two-drink minimum (I was gonna drink seven or eight anyway but, shit, what horses asses) but Carlos Mencia was absolutely goddamn killer funny. He had motherfuckers -- myself included -- falling over in their chairs backwards.

There was a large Latino contingent present (duh) and he told a round of jokes in Spanish -- man, the guy fully seduced me.

I don't keep up with the dramas of stand-up comedy and I haven't kept up with the career of Carlos Mencia since that night but I'd bet there's not a comedian alive who hasn't swiped a joke.

Before you hop all over my ass, I am not ignorant; I am not easily amused; and I'm too fat to be gay, or so I'm told.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®