Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / any suggestions about buying a record player?
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:00 am

i am wanting to buy a record player to replace my crappy thrift store one. i am not sure if i should get one with speakers attached or not, or how to decide which one to get in general, or how much i need to spend. any help?!
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:08 am

buy an ipod

record players are for shut ins and psychopaths
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 10:12 am

shut ins and psychopaths
I got 5
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 2:42 pm

I think you should buy one.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm

seriously, get one of these from goner.. u will not be dissapointed.

http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa th=25&products_id=689
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 5:59 pm

what about the ones with a cd player attached? are those pretty much all reproductiony deals or are there some that are of decent quality?
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:04 pm

some but rarely any of them would come with an audio out so you couldnt hook it up to your regualr stereo receiver. the speaker/sound quality is generally poor but i would assume if you spent more than a hundred bucks you could one that would sound better and wouldnt seem so chincy.
here is an example of a decent one http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=110&ref=yahoo&utm_id=7&u tm_source=Yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TCGF350&sku=TCGF350
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:04 pm

buy an ipod

record players are for shut ins and psychopaths

Buy a USB record player and an ipod and get rid of your CD's!!!
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:09 pm

I got the the Numark Portable Record Player from Goner and it is great.
I Got a cheap Sony stereo-mini-system ($100 or less), but make sure it has an audio in function. Buy a cheap little converter for your stereo cables to plug into the smaller jack that goes into the stereo from Radio Shack...and you got a perfectly good and loud recod player set up for $250 max.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:17 pm

thanks talbot, that sounds about like what i am looking for.

yeah, all of the ones i've seen with cd players also (that i can afford) look like they came from restoration hardware or something and the speakers are shitty.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 7:02 pm

if you want a cheap but decent component system score the cheapest polk speakers (like $80 from j an r) an a cheap receiver like the teac one w/ audio in plus a vestax portable turntable or the cheap sony one w/ the pre-amp or any of the other recomendations. under $300. you can add a cd player etc later. those cheap all in one systems aren't very loud if that matters to you.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 7:05 pm

and if you get a combo deal that shit breaks more often and its pretty much junk
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 7:23 pm

you can add a cd player etc later.
why would one ever need a cd player?
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 7:24 pm

to play cd=r comps duh!
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am

Numark Portable Record Player
in back of the Stork club on Saturday during the Budget rock, Tina Trashwoman had one of those TT plugged into a ghetto blaster. All part of her used record sales table. It was a great way to hear'em before you buy'em.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 8:59 am

Buy a few copies of new Krunchies EP on Certified PR Records before they're all gone! Less than 100 left after only day!
BUY BUY BUY
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:07 am

Can't go wrong on Pro Sound Stage & Lighting. They have cartridges & stylii out the wazoo, too.

www.pssl.com
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®