Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / ATL 2/23 and 2/24
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm gonna be in town and have night time plans, which mostly include seeing the Black Lips.
But I was wondering, what is there to do during the day in Atlanta??
I am not really interested in going to the coke factory.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 4:31 pm

if you're in the mood for record shopping and if you've got a car you should try going to low yo-yo record store. they just moved close to atl from athens and haven't been picked clean like all the other store in atl.
http://www.lowyoyostuff.com/

then i'd go to the clermont lounge. (the day time crowd is much classier)

or go to the 80th story of the westin and get martinis at the revolving restuarant. its got a great view.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 4:43 pm | Edited by: jahna

The High Museum is a nice little museum. Interesting permanant collection.
I was glad to get to see an exhibit on outsider art they put together a few years back - it was pretty awesome. Not too sure the current exhibits are all that exciting, though.

http://www.high.org/experience/exhibitions/default.aspx

Still, it's way better than the Coke factory!
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 4:44 pm

Not too sure the current exhibits are all that exciting, though.

if an exhibit from the louvre isn't exciting...maybe you should go to the coke museum.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 5:12 pm

pink floyd laser light show at stone mountain
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

I saw the Louvre exhibit at the High in December and it was pretty cool.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:49 pm

Sounds good. Thanks!

Last time I went to the Claremont this stripper slapped her puss a few times and then minutes later came over to shake my hand cause she thought my friend was cute. It made me feel like we had gone to thrid base and I was pretty grossed out.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 9:26 pm

fuck culture, and booze. you need to sit at Eats all day long and steadily gorge yourself. that's what i'd do.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 9:29 pm

i'm full just thinking about that.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:01 am

if an exhibit from the louvre isn't exciting...maybe you should go to the coke museum.

Well that's what I get for posting without looking at the other end of that link myself, hm?

That does look pretty cool...
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Hey Sara. Are you gonna be at the 40 Watt show or the Whirlyball Show, or both?
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:12 pm

hey kevin, you know they're playing on the 20th (7pm) for free at criminal records....
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:14 pm | Edited by: saint sarah

Both!
CSC or anyone else who knows, I am looking to get a hotel for the night of the whirlyball show. It' s right by my mom's house but I don't don't want to go home all drunk with a group of idiots. You think I should get a room out in Roswell, or should we plan on going back to the city for the night? I never seen a show at whirlyball before, but I'm thinking it won't go late and we may want to continue the party afterwards. I doubt Roswell is very happening.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:35 pm

hey kevin, you know they're playing on the 20th (7pm) for free at criminal records....

Yeah, just found out about it yesterday. I assume it's outside?
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 10:39 pm

yea. last time they played there (for the let it bloom release) cole wore a womans one pc. bathing suit with flower print. his balls were hanging out half the time. passerbys were confused as fuck.
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 11:22 am

well...if you are driving from nola to atl you could always swing by and pick me up...i'm on the way (sort-of)..get a room at the clermont. wait a second, nevermind sam kat and oslo are coming to visit that weekend. see you in a couple of days
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 2:39 pm

yo chad, got your message. whats up in april? email me.
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Hey man . . . Can I bum a ride . . . .

Anyone from Atlanta going to The 40 Watt Saturday nite . . . .

I'll pay for gas and buy you a new Black Lips CD!!!
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 7:23 pm

hey kevin, haven't figured out if i'm going to the athens show yet but if i do i'll give you a call.
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 8:07 pm

you can get a ride with me and some friends from chicago. one of them rented a car. I'm sending you my number.
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 11:39 pm | Edited by: CreepySexyCool

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww . . .

Thanks guys!!

I think I wanna catch a ride with Sara and the Chicago people. Trey give me a call anyway whenever you decide what you're doing, I gotta talk to you about something else.
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 11:49 pm

What happened to the local release show at the "whiryball" or whatever the fuck?
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 12:26 am

What happened to the local release show at the "whiryball" or whatever the fuck?

As far as I know it's still on.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 5:08 am

You should stay in Atlanta one more night.

Or camp on Chad and Stephanie's lawn.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 1:07 pm

If I was driving I totally would.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 4:35 pm

Trey give me a call anyway whenever you decide what you're doing, I gotta talk to you about something else.

i should be there tonight. my girlfriends getting her wisdom teeth pulled today. i gotta go see her after work but i'm gonna try to do all the 'taking care of' i need to before 10. maybe she'll be passed out on pain pills and i can go to the show.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 5:54 pm

before 10.

What time are they supposed to play? I was assuming kind of early.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 6:21 pm | Edited by: trey

this page:

http://www.ticketalternative.com/TicketSelection.aspx?item=1595&sch=46 74

says doors at 10pm. then there's three bands.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 7:51 pm

i just emailed henry and asked him about start times. he says doors are at 9pm. first band at 10.
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 8:09 pm

the show last night was rad.

and for some reason it took me a while to put two and two together to realize that the athens show tonight is the first time they're playing the 40watt since 2001ish when they were banned (no fire in the 40watt mother fucker) for trying to light their jeans and drum set on fire and tackling the soundguy after pissing him off with fireworks. that shit was classic.
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Time of the Scab was a welcome inclusion.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®