Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ever been shot??
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 4:18 am

Has anyone been shot or have you shot anyone.. If so details..
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 4:22 am

I was almost shot. Does that count?
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 4:30 am

Sure
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 4:48 am

My friend Brock was shot about a month ago at a punk show. I've had guns pulled on me a couple of times. Never been shot, but I thought I was a goner for sure a couple times. The last time someone pulled a gun on me I was living on a dope farm. I walked into our place at about five am. It was after a show. Some dude was sitting on my couch/bed. He jumped up, walked up to me and put a gun to my face. He had a forty in his other hand. He was screaming some shit at me and I was pretty much in shock, so, I swallowed hard and grabbed ahold of his forty and slammed it. I figured that was my only chance. The guy slaps me on the back and is like "yer alright" then grabs me by the arm, drags me into the kitchen, kicks open our back door and starts firing shots in our kitchen out into the sky. He's yelling some shit about getting fucked up. We're sitting on at least 20,000$ worth of dope, and he's blasting rounds out back door at five in the morning. He opens the cupboard where we keep all our personal shit, brings a plate of it into the living room and rolls up a big spliff and starts telling me about the time he was fucking with John Spencer at a show, pushing him around and calling him Elvis or something.

I ended up leaving that day after the guy passes out and I don't come back and end up homeless again. I talk to my roomate shortly after that only to find out that the guy with the gun is now dead.

If I had ever shot anyone, which I haven't, why would I talk about it on a public forum? My pistol's in bad shape right now, but I used to carry it around with me all the time. I was raised that you never pull a gun on someone unless you're actually going to shoot them, and that if you ever shoot someone, you gotta kill 'em. I don't play with guns. That shit ain't cool.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:05 am

Well, that story is way more dramatic than mine, though mine's fairly dramatic.
I'd been to a fancy Christmas party with a guy, and was dressed to the nines. Funny, I don't dress like that anymore. We were in an alley downtown going to a restaurant to get something to eat. We'd parked the car in the alley, and had tarried by the car...you know...
Four guys came around a building that fronted the alley, and they all were waving guns. The ringleader grabbed me with one arm around the neck, and held a sawed off shotgun under my armpit with his other hand. He felt me up, look for jewelry I suppose. His cronies made my guy friend lie face down, and they searched our car. All the while main dude had this shotgun in my armpit. Then he took my coat. After they searched the car main guy said, "get in that fucker and drive." My stupid ass boyfriend started to argue with them, and I jumped in the car and drove. He got in the car too.

So, that's pretty close.
Today I was in the Walgreens at Union and McLean, heading toward the back to buy my flu stricken kid some Kleenex. This very sane woman came walking up the aisle and said "there's a big fight up by the register and there's a gun involved. Don't go up front." I left my cart and cowered in the rear of the store until that woman came back and said it was all clear. I never knew they had so many employees at the Walgreens. I walked back up front and there were a dozen of them going.."Holy Shit...Way to go Mr. B!" Apparently the manager has wrestled a shoplifter who had a gun to the ground, and then the guy ran out of the store. Idiot manager, but I was glad I wasn't killed today getting Kleenex at the Walgreens.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:08 am

Oh yeah, Brock said that getting shot hurts like a bitch and strongly recommends against it.

I've got an uncle that has been shot a couple of times. One time he was really stoned or something and shot himself in the arm on accident. The other time he was walking out of a bar and all of a sudden he had a shooting pain in his leg and fell down, but then he got back up and got in his car and drove home. It was a while before he realized he was shot. I guess when Brock was shot he didn't realize it at first either. He just fell down a minute after and couldn't get back up. Anyway, my uncle's still got both bullets in him because he never went to the hospital. He doesn't know who shot him that second time, or at least won't tell anyone who may have done it. I guess it doesn't really matter that much if you goto the hospital or not anyway if you're not shot in somewhere vital because when Brock went they wouldn't take out the bullet, cause he couldn't afford it and basically were no help to him at all. They just gave him some pain killers and cleaned up the wound. My uncle had his own painkillers I'm sure.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:13 am

I had a gun to my back, face down on the ground, and a robber telling me he was going to kill me. Fucker jumped off a bike and did an armed robbery as I was walking a bike trail to my (minimum wage) job. Fucker got exactly one dollar in change, which was what I took to work to buy a soda.

Funny thing about it: it doesn't scare you so much as it pisses you the fuck off. I can remember thinking, is this it? I'm gonna die cuz some crackhead doesn't want to leave behind a witness? With my face in dirty blacktop?

Fucker should have shot me cuz 30 seconds later I used someones cell phone to call the cops and 2 mins after that he was being maced and on his way to a 30 year prison stint (he was wanted for other shit besides that...)
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:24 am

The first time I had a gun pulled on me I was twelve years old and in a foreign country, so I was somewhat scared. When that happened I just pulled out the American card and started speaking loudly in English. We were actually at a bus stop in the town square. The gun wasn't probably visible to other people, but I figured that by speaking in English I'd draw attention and generally speaking even the dumbest petty criminal wouldn't wanna fuck with an American where I lived when I did. We were very heavily watched by the KGB. It wouldn't be good for someone to get busted fucking with us. It wouldn't look good for the city.

That said, you didn't wanna speak English openly there either. I was hanging out with with this guy who worked for the CIA there one time. We were on a bus and he was trying to pick up some chicks by saying shit to them in English. I was embarrased and worried, and sure enough when we got off the bus we were followed and got knives pulled on us. He gave them a counterfeit 5$ bill.

The last time I had a gun pulled on me I was scared too, but I didn't know if the guy was a stickup trying to rob us for our drugs and money, I didn't know if he was an undercover and I was about to goto prison, I didn't know what the fuck was going on, but I was definately more scared than pissed.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:26 am | Edited by: Rich Balls

I was with 50 Cent when he got shot 9 times, it's all a blur now, but from what I can recall, I heard 9 shots fired outside da club, then my boy 50 was lying there just bleeding an shit, I prayed: "OOooOoooh Lawd!!! please Lawd! Save my boy!!!" I seen the fear in 50's eyez, like he was talking to angel er some shit...deep.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:41 am

1995 the summer of death...people were dropping left and right from ods of all kinds (heroin, pills,etc) my roommate shot himself and I got to clean up his brain matter. Anyways in the midst of all this you gotta try and enjoy the good shit to so I end up at a houseparty with Scared of Chaka playing.

Problem was three people, one was in Alaska doing the fishing thing for the summer, lived at this house and two of them were not getting along. So dude who decided to have the party is friends with a girl I've been hanging out with in some sort of limited capacity and when the other house mate shows up, at the tail end of the party, he's not happy. He starts pushing his house mate around while the buddy who came with him is just glowering at people. The girl starts to get involved and mad housemate pushes her, which just makes her madder so she comes back harder and buddy boy gets involved then and either punches her or pushes her by the face at the same time he starts reaching for a gun in the small of his back. I see this, and as I'm standing behind him, grab the gun but don't get a real good grip on it while kicking buddy boy in the ass and sending him and the gun sprawling across the room. I figure this would be a good time to make a better play for the gun and dive after it as well, which ends up me being on top of buddy, buddy on the ground and both are hands on the gun. I start pucnhing the guy in the face and attempting to keep the gun pointed down while he attempts to point the gun at me. Well eventually the gun goes off with a hollowpoint (it's a 9mm) entering my right forearm and blowing out my elbow.

People told me I said "you shot me" like I couldn't believe it and started punching him with my other fist.

Some friends grabbed me and rushed me to an emergency room, and I guess at the party, the shooter got up and started pointing the gun at other people but luckily it was a Glock and therefore had jammed. Scared of Chaka probably never packed their shit up faster.

A year later or so guy was dead and I had a stupid story to tell.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:42 am

Brock said that getting shot hurts like a bitch

yeah it felt like a mountain gorilla slammed a sledgehammer into my elbow
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 5:47 am

A year later or so guy was dead and I had a stupid story to tell.

Lesson here? Assholes who pull guns when it's not appropriate always seem to drop like flys.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 6:17 am

Nobody got shot, but a gun story, nonetheless...
I used to play in a band with this drummer who's dad was a cop, his grandpa was a cop, his brother was a cop, guess what he later became?
Anyway, he was a better mathematician than a drummer, because he'd try and fit as many notes into a beat as possible, and when he fucked up, he'd say "Naw, man, you don't understand. I'm going to school for this stuff and you're not. That's what they call Syncopation", and even though I'd argue "Man, I know where 'one' is, you fucked up", he'd pull out his mallets to his glockenspiel and do "exercises".
Dude had a short fuse. Period. One time, he was at my place with the rest of the band and we were really having a good time on mushrooms. All of a sudden, he gets pissed and starts shouting about the fact that we hadn't done an interview with the local paper with esteemed journalist, Michael Donahue, beause "THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT!"
I was like, "man, we don't want to do that, let's just keep doing what we do." He got REALLY pissed and started yelling in my duplex about how he was going to school for this, and only he understood "HOW IMPORTANT IT REALLY IS". So he shouted "Fuck it, I QUIT", flung open the front door, stormed across my yard, and hopped into his RX7 (meanwhile, I'm shouting back at him, "Whatever, dude. Call me in the morning"), and he peeled out into the night.
Anyway, as soon as he was legal to get one, he got a permit and a handgun. Carried it with him everywhere. Years later, we were practicing downtown. Downtown Memphis can certainly get shady quick (as Alisa pointed out above), but one time we were walking out onto the street, and some homeless guy starts walking up. Normally, you just yell at them and say "I'm a musician, I ain't got shit"; so far (knock on wood) every dude I've pulled that on has either laughed, got mad and walked off, or wanted to talk about when they "used to play for Stax".
Dude isn't 25 feet away from us, starts to say "Hey, man, you got a-", and drummer pulls out his pistol like he's in Lethal Weapon. Dude puts his hands in the air and starts to explain, but drummer click-clicks the gun to let him know it's now armed, but drummer insists at that point to start yelling at him, "Get out of here you fucking nig-", but dude had high tailed it before that. Drummer looks satisfied and says something to the effect of "sometimes you just got to show them you can't be fucked with".
Long story short, he was a cop last I heard.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 6:29 am

One time in Reno this guy shot me just to watch me die...but I didn't.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 6:49 am

does the war count?
I had 9 kills before I went crazy
they shipped me back
to spend the last year of duty in a metal ward.
I got out on a medical retirement
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 6:53 am

Again- not shot. But thought I was about to be.
I was on a tram once, and thought I recognised the (Federal) cop standing up in the next doorway. When he got off & I saw him in side profile, I realised he was an old high school friend, so got off at the next stop and jogged back to where he was walking.
Fucker pulled his gun on me, in the street, got his badge out to someone who was walking by & told her to stand back. Made me lace my fingers on top of my head as he got close, got the cuffs off his belt...I was freaking out.
His idea of a "joke". I really thought he'd forgotten me, and was ready to shoot. No surprise he got invalided out of the force on psych grounds a year later.

As bad as that time two cops held pistols on me when I'd been innocently gathering magic mushrooms near the beach while an armed robbery went down nearby...
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 7:03 am

to spend the last year of duty in a metal ward

Back then, wasn't it Blue Cheer who invented heavy metal?
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 7:12 am

to spend the last year of duty in a metal ward.
I got out on a medical retirement

Crazy?
For love of country, maybe
for apple pie, freedom
crazy about the idea that young Ying Siu
might be better off dead
than red, and
Hero,
you was right.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 7:39 am

I had a cop pull a gun on me when I was a punker kid with pink hair, then he proceeded to fuck with me for an hour. I also had a friend in highschool that watched another blow his head off, and that made him snap and he pretty much had a nervous breakdown. One day I got into an argument with him about something stupid, and all of the sudden, he put a loaded shotgun to my face and threatened to kill me. I stayed calm, and he put the gun down. He ended up getting some therapy, and now he's one of the most normal, non-threatening people I know.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 6:43 pm

When I lived in williamsburg, brooklyn I was robbed at knife and gun point for my fucking groceeries and singles is right its really not scary but had me madder than hell....I was really fucking hungry and out of money and food stamps. Its making me mad right now just thinking about it.
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 8:19 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

I had a cop pull a gun on me when I was a punker kid with pink hair, then he proceeded to fuck with me for an hour.
I've had cops pull guns on me twice, once while I was stuffing a bag of weed in between this bitches car set...in the end they dumped the weed on the ground and let us go...it was odd.
another time was when some small town cops pulled up behind us, clicked on their coppper lights just as me and my friend were hopping out of the car, they pulled their guns and started screaming like we were trying to make a get-away, I thought the situation was gay, not scary...that time we weren't even doing anything...they even called in the K-9 unit (seriously) they didn't find anything, we were doing acid in those days, only pot every so often.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:25 pm

when i was young, my friends & i used to play war games in the woods with our bb guns set at one pump.

once (among other times) a friend shot me in the knee. about 20 years later, i was at the doctor's getting my knees x-rayed & they found a perfect little BB just below my kneecap.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:45 pm

one time me and crack nigger were invited to an underage drinking party with some idiots we hardly knew who's parents were out of town. sure enough, they had plenty of beer and hot teenage girls all around, we microwaved their cd collection and drank their beer for awhile until they asked us if we could find em some weed.

I must need to get out more. I've read this superb rape ape tale before like a year or two ago.

Never been shot. I've shot various birds though.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 9:05 pm

I must need to get out more. I've read this superb rape ape tale before like a year or two ago.

It was less than a year ago. He posted it in a thread I started about making another person cry. I enjoyed the tale then, and got a kick out of it this time as well. Thank you Rape Ape!!!
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 9:14 pm

violence rules, guns are cool, and we've got guns ...

never been shot, but i got robbed at gunpoint in a crack house in chicago. they wanted me to drop my pants cause i guess they thought i put some drugs in my pooper, but i wasn't having any of that!
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 1:08 am

When I was living in Richmond Va. I was @ my friends Stacys house and we were flirting.. And her CRAZY crackhead boyfriend comes out of the bedroom with a fucking Shotgun... Then starts saying he "was gonna rape me than kill me""" I got the fuck out of there haha
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 2:46 am

so what y'all are saying is I'm the only person on here who's been shot

pussies!
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:47 am

My friend shot me in the foot with a bb gun in middle school. True story.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:49 am

i been shot down.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:24 am

heavy metal
the emnatl ward had a small school phonograph and a copy of "Arthur" by The Kinks. We played it over and over as we went about our informal group therapy
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:28 am

Jeff Jensen wrote a totally crazy story about getting shot in Vice a few months back.

Maybe Earles knows a link.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:29 am

me & my buddy mike were hanging out one day and we listened to the grabbies, "i wanna be blind", when i loaded an air rifle with a cap from a toy gun and shot mike in the forehead. BANG he stumbled backwards with that thing stuck to the middle of his forehead, and it burned and steamed for some seconds...looked like a vampire shot with a silver bullet!

grabbies part was made up for increased reading pleasure.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:38 am

Depends whether DCR was out doing some shopping today.
Link
Which I hope he wasn't.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 7:40 am

A kid that grew up down the street from me, and who I turned onto punk rock, got shot last night, but that was his own doing.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:42 am

rolls up a big spliff and starts telling me about the time he was fucking with John Spencer at a show, pushing him around and calling him Elvis or something.

Haha, this is a great story. JS must have pissed his leather pants.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:53 am

so again like I said

all y'alls are hangers ons and wannabes

get off my dick and tell yo bitch to come here
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:56 am

I think I'm gonna bring a machinegun to the next gonerfest
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:21 am

and all y'all wannabes can be somebodies
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:28 pm

grabbies part was made up for increased reading pleasure.

that part made me very happy. the rest was also a fantastic read for sure.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:36 pm | Edited by: SinglesGoingSteady

Mark Beef thinks he got gunned
but I tell the truth, son
Straight up urban bullet holes
more foot powder than Dr. Scholes

But about my machine gun wounds, let me digress
y'all are making this board a mess
with y'alls "I almost got shot, this really hurt"
I'll put your motherfuckin ass in the dirt

See I have fresh style
and I've been here for awhile
and when it comes to guns
they just ain't fun.

Word.

"Guns (Ain't Fun)" by SinglesGoingSteady
Copyright 2007 SinglesGoingSteady
A B-Boy/Straight Dawg Production
in association with
Charles Undergood and Associates Entertainment
East Coast Rep: Anne Banders (201) 334-1132
A Philly Joe Joint. For Booking: United Hip Hop, Inc.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:30 pm | Edited by: Angus Scrimm

Depends whether DCR was out doing some shopping today.
Link
Which I hope he wasn't.

To answer this...He is still alive. We were listening to records at our place last night as the shooting went down. Pretty wierd though...this girl I used to date lives right on the corner of that place. She said it was quite the scene last night. Pretty sad.
Here is another link...
URL
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 3:34 am

you'll be the first one I shoot in the face, Singles

with my dickgun
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 7:41 am

I've been shot twice - once was an accident when a friend dropped a .22 which discharged and got me in the back of the leg (fleshy back of my calf) which went in and out, just felt like someone was burning me. No stitches, just antibiotics and a bandage for a couple of days.

The other one was a bit more serious and happened when I was working at a large emergency room as an intern. I was shot under my right arm by a crazed gang member who had followed a rival gang member (from a shootout) into our ER, no shit. I was trying to protect our nurses behind their station and he didn't say a word, just drew and fired at me. Luckily he wasn't intent on killing anyone working at the hospital or the story may have been different. I was the only staff member that was shot at, lucky me.

The bullet, which splintered a rib (the most painful part of the deal, I think), went through my right lung, missed my aorta by an inch and stopped just under my heart (a few inches). I thought I was a goner, Goner board pun not really intended. It was small caliber bullet but pretty much felt like someone skewered me with a hot poker and left it in there. I was in surgery only about 25 minutes although if you've ever had anyone open up your chest cavity you'll understand without me having to state as such how painful that is. Recovery was fairly quick or so I'm told but I didn't feel like running marathons for awhile.

Oh yeah, the gunman was shot in the head by our security guy about 10 yards from me and died pretty much instantly. That was the most vivid part of the whole ordeal. Pretty scary. I still get a little antsy some times at night for unknown reasons, even though I work in a smaller rural hospital now.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 8:31 am

work in a smaller rural hospital now
the pay might be less, but the pain is too + your patients treat you more like a god and value you more..
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 8:41 am | Edited by: DevilDog

You couldn't pay me enough to work in a large hospital anymore. I'm even busier here (except tonight - ever wonder why no one is sick enough to require an ER when the weather is bad???) with less staff but it's just so much different. Courteous "country" doctors, non-bitchy nursing staff (for the most part), great boss, non-gun-toting patients, etc. Our security officer is the night maintenance guy walking the halls with a big wrench!
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 8:52 am

Sam Soule got shot in the ass by a 10 year old sniper.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 4:36 pm

my coworker got shot in the hand after hustling some guy at pool. he walked out of the bar after getting 400 dollars or so and was going to his car when the guy came out and pulled a gun on him. he got too close with the gun and my coworker grabbed it by the barrel. the guy fired a shot right as my coworker was punching him in the face. the cops came after my coworkers friend had been kicking the gun toting guys ass for a while.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 4:51 pm

you'll be the first one I shoot in the face, Singles

with my dickgun

URL
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®