Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NBA Garage Band!
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 11:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2003/columns/story?columnist=hughes_frank&id=1648712

I like how this guy starts off comparing basketball teams to garage bands! It reinforces the way I've lost interest for music in general, in favor of the Mavs and the Spurs! I've been wearing my mavs hat for a month straight...but I dunno if I'll wear it to Grizz country.....after tonight I'm a rocknroller with a mission to mayhem.

kevin e
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:28 am

College sports are more like underground music to me than the NBA because they can survive on their own from the pros and often players who were great in college stink as pros and mediocre college players become big time pros.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:46 am

I guess I'm a mainstream basketball fan then....I can't totally say that because I got big hopes for UofL.....but I mean most of the talent in the NBA isn't even coming from college sports anymore...they're either straight out of highschool like Lebron, or they're from like Hungry and shit.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:47 am

I mean college players be droppin the ball to much and shit.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:53 am

I mean I got into the Mavericks because they had Popey Jones on the team...and I used to like him when he played for Murray State when I was a kid....but I think last season he was on the floor maybe 4 times and I never saw it....anyway talk about a college player getting to the big leagues and being a small fish in a big pond...anyway they traded him to the Golden State Warriors but the Mavs are still my team.....Also I think Lebron James is so fucking overrated....people are already comparing him to Micheal Jordan and shit...why do people always set themselves up for let downs like that?
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:55 am

Popeye is like in his mid to late 30s now thow.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:59 am

i do not see how you catalog this vast knowledge of sports and music in that brain of yours. basketball is one of those sports i can't really watch on TV. i love it when writers in a narrow field (in this case, basketball) try to draw analogies that will appeal to the everyman. i need to keep an eye out.
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 12:59 am

Sorry for posting to much consequetively, but all the hype surrounding Lebron seems so fucking premature...I mean Jordan didn't realy start to get any real attention untill midway into his career...I think it's just fucking indicative of the B.S. culture we live in...everybodies looking for the "next big thing" so they can invest in it while the investings good...but fuckin James is no Jordan, just like the Hives aint fuckin Nirvana....it's all a load of shit.
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 1:02 am

You mean like Hunter S. Thompsan (biatch)...you know he started out on the sports page...just like millions of great journalistic minds...like Howie Cossell, my hero.
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 1:05 am

No actually I think George Foreman is my hero...minus any achievments he ever made in boxing! He's a journalistic mastermind.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 1:08 am

my namesake

no i am not kidding.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 1:12 am

Why aren't we friends? and by friends I mean "aquintances"...and by "aquintances" mean knockin the boots, cheap, and easy like.
kevin e
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 6:59 am

What the fuck are with these trash bags the Mavericks are wearing?
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 7:05 am

Yawn.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 7:41 pm

I actually like thier new uniforms! Like they're kind of shiny blueish brown.....I used to always feel like they were gynxed whenever they'd where those dark blue away game uniforms...they just didn't look to comfortable....Charles Barkley said that they looked like, "Something you'd dust around the house with"...and if Barkley's cuttin on them, that's got to be a good thing.

Eventhow they lost last night I liked what I saw...Jameison is a high scorer, and Walker held his own....and if Finley and Nash could just get to where they were at last season, they'd be in fantastic shape....With Finley I think alot of it depends on what kind of teams he's playing...like he's incredible against the Kings, but not so hot against like the Lakers or the Spurs....because I guess they got a bunch of realy big men....but anyway, if the Mavs can get into a rythym and get to know eachothers styles better, I think we'll be in fantastic shape.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 7:43 pm

The Spurs need to do the same, they just barely beat the Suns last night....they're basically a new team too....but I'm not realy feeling it this season...but Tim Duncan will carry them no matter what.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®