Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / It's ma birthday!
Rev_Dan
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 2:52 am

That's right, I turn 27 tomorrow and I'm wantin' to party it up here in NYC. Who's gonna come out? No definate plans set. There are 2 shows that I wanna go to, but one is a CMJ show so it's gonna be packed. The other is free, but it's gonna be full as well. The first show is at the Continental with the Bassholes/Legendary Shack Shakers/Dexter Romweber Duo/Robert Gordon $12. The other is at the Rodeo Bar, Wayne "The Train" Hancock and it's free. So, I dunno which I'm goin' to yet. As for tonight, I'm gonna be at Southpaw in Brooklyn. It's Dexter Romweber Duo/The Woggles/Los Straightjackets $10. I'll be there around 9pm. So come out tonight and/or tomorrow.

I hope to see some of ya this weekend!

Jason
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 3:44 am

Happy birthday Rev.!

Chug one for me.

Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 5:00 am

Dude fuck the Legendary Shack Shakers...they're from here...and two of the guys left theft the band to form some new band called The Pine Club, that I heard on the radio today...total Strokes knock offs....man I hate what the world has become....fuck those schmucks.
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 5:04 am

They were Rockabilly too...just to prove I know what I'm talking about...fuck those guys for real.
jenna
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 7:38 am

Rev_Dan, happy bday!
Rev_Dan
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 10:27 am

Hey, y'all! Thanks for the b-day wishes! I pounded back a few for ya, Jason! HA! TOnight was just the beginin'. It's alll about tomorrow. Hey, Jason, what's yer e-mail?! I need to write you about somethin'...
Helen Wheels
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:41 pm

Yes, Happy Birthday Dan. I turned 41 yesterday, finally. Glad that crap is over. John Schooley's birthday is either on yours or it's today.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:46 pm

i thought the shackshakers were from TN, though i think jd maybe from KY originally? and i thought the pine club was members of the maekates (who i thought were pretty good)? we were supposed to play w/ them once or twice but but never did but i've meen meaning to get around to seeing them. i think they are playing w/ the beatings but i don't think it's the altamont beatings.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:54 pm

I get all my info from 99.1....I just heard thier lunch hour set or whatever last wednesday by accident.....they said they're from here......I thought the Legendary Shack Shakers were alright as far as Rockabilly goes, because it was leaning on the garage tip...and I decided what the fuck whatever....The Pine Club however are too fucking comical to take seriosly...they got thier name from a Guided By Voices song, they recorded thier album in 14 hours....they fucking suck.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:55 pm

just one of thier guitar players were in the shackshakers.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:56 pm

well you said GBV (shudder) and i guess that's all i need to hear. i'll trust your judgement.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:57 pm

you would probbably like them.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:57 pm

that's not a cut...your just less discriminating....I think they suck.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:02 pm

I'm real fucking liberal when it comes to music...but what I don't like is shit that seems trendy and contrived. I mean I realy do think that a persons music is in direct correlation with thier attitude......most people just want to be popular, and that's what thier muic sounds like....I'm sure thiers alot of new newwave garage girls that eat it up...it sounded like they had an active audience and shit.....
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:06 pm

yep, that's me, stripey shirts and all.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:06 pm

yep, that's me, stripey shirts and all.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:35 pm

yeah I think I'm right.....have you watched MTV lately? Like there was this hour long concert they did of like Fresh Act...like VH1's new commercial with the Donnas saying "The Next Big Thing"...fuckin shit...anyway there was alot of Hip Hop acts from England...they sucked.....it's a trend just like fucking mainstream Reggae is always a fuckin trend.....but besides that they had a bunch of garage bands...and one of them was a 2 piece, and they were playing all these classic rock blues riffs....and I swear to god I felt bad for Bantam Rooster....I mean this band fuckin sucked, but they were just giving the public a fuckin cartoon version of what Bantam Rooster is, or Flat Duo Jets or whatever...doesn't matter they sucked.....half the shit I would have thought was cool 2 years ago fucking makes me sick now.....That's something you wouldn't understand. I don't know about any striped shirts.....I just know what inspires me and what pisses me off.
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:38 pm

I still like Bantam Rooster and shit....what I mean is I would have given the cartoon band a chance 2 years ago...but back then they were in like modernistic smashing pumkins revival bands or something...or classic rock band geeks...like playing clarinet in thier highschool band.....I mean the shit sucks.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 11:44 pm

my little brother asked me about JET (?) this weekend, bless his heart. i do understand what you mean, i just think i don't put quite as many constraints on music as you seem to, though some would argue otherwise. i don't watch MTV very much so i can't say i know what you are talking about, though based on your explanation, i can gather some of an understanding...
Chris Alienator
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:16 am

I don't think you understand.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:37 am

Here's a link to that show! Complete with an opening tribute to Elliot Smith!

http://216.24.56.185:8080/WFPK's%20Live%20Lunch%20Dial-Up%

at http://216.24.56.185:8080/WFPK%27s%20Live%20Lunch%20Dial-Up%20Users/

Anybody who's seen my records collection know I don't put to many constraints on the music I listen too...but this shit makes me think I need more!...call is a secret handshake what do I give a fuck.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:38 am

FYI...it's the show from Oct. 24th that doesn't have a name tag on it yet.
razor a go go
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:40 am

i'll have to check that out later...fire the saddle, i thought they broke up a year ago or something.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:51 am

You know who I realy liked from that list?

Lil' Ed and The Imperials
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®