Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Oh, god. No.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:04 am

Eagles May Have New Album Soon

I don't know how to paste this shit on here, so you guys will have to look it up on msn.com.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:04 am

If you want to torture yourself, that is.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:09 am

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:23 am

th long run is a great album.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:51 am

i kinda like "desperado" myself
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:51 am

And the Police are having a reunion.

Where in the fuck is Al Qaeda when you need them.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:58 am

th long run is a great album.

And there's a Beastie Boys break on it!
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:04 am

I hate the fucking Eagles.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:07 am

as a native californian, i hate how they represent "the california sound" and none of those fuckers is a californian

to me - the beach boys are the california sound.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:09 am

They shouldve beat the Saints.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:14 am

Jack White is listed as the producer of the new Eagles album. I guess it's going to be really stripped down and rootsy.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:16 am

Jack White is listed as the producer of the new Eagles album.

That's nuts. Really?
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:20 am

I guaran-fucking-tee you the Eagles new record won't be as good as the new HEAD record.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:21 am

I guaran-fucking-tee you that I think it's awesome y'all are going to Europe.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:25 am

I also hear that Meg White and Don Henley are an "item."
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:27 am

The new album is going to be called "Hotel Ypsilanti."
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:28 am

I have no idea why I posted on this thread. It's time to quit my lying and go lie in bed.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:53 am

"desperado
that episode in Seinfield
Elaine dates a creep who
waxes poetic when ever he hears that
oldie...
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:51 am

They are no Poco....
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 8:01 am

it's been over 30 years and The Eagles still are not to my liking..
but i still like Fleet Wood Mac alot..
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 8:10 am

Fuck alla those niggaz.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:33 am

I love Joe Walsh, but I heard that his brain was pickled to the point of no return from booze. Don't know how he did The James Gang tour this summer if so.

Also, it was my understanding that Joe Walsh hated all of the satanic references in Hotel California & thought the rest of the band was a bunch of West Coast nuts. That's pretty funny & I still can't blame him for making a buck.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:39 am

I love Joe Walsh, but I heard that his brain was pickled to the point of no return from booze

a friend of mine worked at frontline management - irving azoff's company - they managed the eagles.

one day, she has to call joe walsh to tell him where to show up for something. his answering machine says, "you can reach me at 555-555-5555" so she calls the number...... it was the san diego zoo!

i have totally loved him ever since i heard that story
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:38 pm

.If you want to torture yourself, that is.

Fuck you... I sung "There's Gonna Be Heart Ache Tonight" the other night at karoake and it ruled!
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:52 pm

i have totally loved him ever since i heard that story

In the late 80's, Joe was hired by our local rock radio station to do the morning show for a couple of weeks. He stayed at the Four Seasons where my wife worked at the time. She worked in room service and he would call up at night ordering bottles of booze. If the drinks didn't come fast enough, he'd call up and rev up the CHAINSAW he had in his room. "Where are my drinks? VROOM, VROOM, VROOM, VROOM." Eventually they would just send a bottle or two everynight at 1:00 am, so he wouldn't miss last call. He was never abusive to the staff, he was just having a good time. Just like the song, when he was done staying there, he said here's my acccountant's number, he'll pay for the damages.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:05 pm

Joe Walsh rules. Don Henley is a bitch.

Joe was on a flight of mine into Memphis years ago. It took longer than usual for our bags to make it off the plane and onto the conveyor belt. This didn't sit well with him and he decided to haress every airline employee until he got his bag. It was hilarious to say the least.

I'm sure Joe likes a drink or four but I am not sure his crazy behavior is competely caused by it. I think that is just the way he is. At least that is the impression I got from him the few times I saw him out.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:13 pm

He's just trying to compete with Glenn Schwarz.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:55 pm

who is not very Goner
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 5:26 pm

the eagles are one of THEE worst bands in history of mankind, and i aint talkin bout Mick Foley either. Other wosrtest bands are as follows:
Blink 182
Matchbox 20
Phish
The Makers.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:00 pm

Blink 182
Matchbox 20
Phish
The Makers.

don't forget dave mathews
and ben harper
and lenny kravitz
and the gin blossoms
and soul asylum
and the nelson twins
and thom yorke
and weezer
and cake
and barenaked ladies
and smashmouth
and creed
and nickleback
and chevelle
and slipknot
and so forth...
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:05 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

In the late 80's, Joe was hired by our local rock radio station

When he lived in Memphis during the 80's he used to show up unannounced at a local rock station late at night drunk as a skunk "to help" the DJ.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:15 pm

I used to work at a little stereo store on State Street in Santa Barbara. One day Joe came in and bought a boombox and a pair of extension speakers from me. Boy was he wasted. Nice guy though. He lived in Montecito at the time - maybe still does?
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:18 pm

I'd like to send the eagles to Iraq...just have them play non-stop.

I think the war would be over in about a week. No One can stand that kinda torture.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:30 pm

wifey's older brother went to high school w/ joe walsh in montclair, nj before he dropped out to play in the james gang.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 8:32 pm

finnark - what stereo store did you work in on state street in santa barbara, my hometown (of actually montecito) ?
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 12:23 am

Posted: Feb 3, 2007 1:28 am

It was called Audio World, run by an old queen named John. Fresh out of Michigan, I was so naive about gays I didn't even realize...this was about 1981-82. I remember asking him about his family during the interview and he got kinda uncomfortable. HA!! God was I stupid. Right there on State and Carrillo around the corner from the old folks' home. I used to fix broken cassette tapes for little old ladies.

We'd get celebrities on a semi-regular basis. Also met Gene Hackman, Belushi and his wife, and Jonathan Winters, who basically did an impromptu sketch for us for a good half-hour. Wish I'd had a tape recorder running.

I was also a part-time board operator for KTMS in the News-Press building about that same time.

SB was nice, but pretty damned expensive even in 1982.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 1:56 am

wow. totally boogie nights!!!
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 2:38 am

ah - we did not cross SB paths, finnark. i graduated from high school in 1975 and moved to LA for college and was only home for the briefest time at the holidays (ie: thanksgiving THURSDAY ONLY, xmas day ONLY)

KTMS was my fave station - very cool back in the 70s

but it is no wonder that you got a regular celebrity customer base. SB is overflowing with them and still is to this day. mike love was our neighbor for donkeys years. peter noone lives up there, kathy ireland the actress, julia child lived there when she wasn't in cambridge, jackson browne, warren zevon and of course, the reagans
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 3:54 am

i like pretty much all classic rock. why do you think they call it classic???
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 4:03 am

It's kinda frightening when diggler is open-minded relative to the rest of this board.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 5:06 am

what are you talking about? he's the biggest hippy I ever met, man!
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 5:37 am

A little birdie told me hippies like Diggler get the best hash, man...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®