Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Molly Ivins, R.I.P.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:21 am

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 4:17 am

She ruled, plain and simple, and was a truer Texan than GW could ever even think about being. RIP.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 4:19 am

Dying sucks. So did her columns.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 4:24 am

So did her columns
read her books
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 1:37 pm

I like her columns. I'm sad she's gone. RIP.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:24 pm

Great writer, not in love with all of her politics. RIP.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:39 pm | Edited by: No Big Thing

not in love with all of her politics.

I do have to acknowledge GW and Perry for releasing statements marking her passing, and not of the "so what you writing NOW Molly?" sort. Class moves from classless people, and I think it says a lot about her and her place in Texas.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:58 pm

i once drove ivins from the cleveland airport to youngstown & back again. on the way back, i stopped to get gas & she went inside & bought two tall boys & drank them in the car on the way back. i told her about ohio's open container laws but she didn't seem to care.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 4:19 pm

Class moves from classless people, and I think it says a lot about her and her place in Texas.

Amen. Good people, regardless of their politics, help raise the stature of those around them.

i told her about ohio's open container laws but she didn't seem to care.
She was just following the laws of the Republic. Sort of like the way foreign dignitaries don't get traffic tickets.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:41 pm

What a woman. I'll miss her. Breast cancer sucks.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 9:44 pm

I read she lost her THIRD battle with breast cancer. How many titties did this lady have?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®