Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / buy the ticket, take the ride
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 9:44 pm

seen this last night on cabel. is there some rule that every documentary about somebody i like has gotta suck??? i mean, it was okay (especially the parts that actually had hunter thompson in em) but do i gotta see sean fuckin penn's ugly face in every fuckin documentray made??? an johnny depp need a punch in the throat. fuckin goth douchebag. an i fuckin hate john cusack. he comes across like an even bigger douchebag in real life. bill murray was okay. i guess at least depp paid the million bucks for thompon's gonzo fist ash rocket so he ain't all that bad. but sheesh.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 10:00 pm

we watched it... very mediocre, I'm just not sure there's much more to say about him.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Overall it stunk, but the part at the beginning with Gary Busey that had nothing to do with HST was wonderful. I'd recommend the first 10-15 minutes to just about everyone.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:23 pm

yeah, gary busey is insane.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm

I've never seen that one. I have one on my computer called Breakfast With Hunter that's pretty good. I haven't seen it in a couple years, but I remember one really good part where Hunter freaks the fuck out on this one woman who was trying to convince him to put some cheesy animated section in the Fear and Loathing movie, and wouldn't take no for an answer. He totally tore her apart and had her sobbing.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:10 am

one time in the mid-80's i took amtrak from nyc to la. as we crossed the rockies i asked this dude sittin next to me isn't this near where hunter s. thompson lives??? he told me yeah an asked if i liked to party. a few minutes later he was back w/ a doctors bag an we went down to the changin rooms to get high. the dude had like ten film cannisters w/ different herb in em an we roilled a giant spliff an got stoned. then he took out a salt shaker fulla rock cocaine an we did lines. then he gave me a b-12 vitamin an said it would get us higher because of the elevation. he was goin to the hot spring s in colorado for vacation. we kept partyin for a couple more hours til he got offa the train. true story.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:26 am

Diggler is right. Somebody needs to take a ballpeen hammer to Sean Penn ,Johnny Depp and John Cusack.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:32 am

so was it hunter s. thompson? i don't get it
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:38 am

shut it, college fag. i said you're dead to me.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Those Hunter Thompson Book of Letters from the 60's and 70's edited by Douglas Brinkley are great. Hunter Thompson was so ridiculously smart and dead on. I hate it when high brow literary snobs try to trivialize him as some dated, irrelevant hippie. He was a total badass.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 1:38 am

Those Hunter Thompson Book of Letters from the 60's and 70's edited by Douglas Brinkley are great. Hunter Thompson was so ridiculously smart and dead on. I hate it when high brow literary snobs try to trivialize him as some dated, irrelevant hippie. He was a total badass.

It's scary how fully realized he was even at 16. I got more insight out of those two volumes of compiled correspondence than I did anything aside from the best of his books.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:27 pm

i said you're dead to me.
i must've missed that one. was that the email where you didn't say anything?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:29 pm

you get those too? i think it's just a problem with hs gaybook.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:40 pm

hm. i told him he should write a book. i was being serious.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®