Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Yuengling
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:03 am

Well, what do you know? D be right. It's pretty tasty.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:08 am

I love Yuengling. It's brewed in the state next door, but it's not sold in Ohio. They only have 2 breweries, so it's just not sold in many markets 'cause they don't have the capacity to sell all over the states. We thought being the 1st to distribute it in Ohio would be a million dollar idea, but they don't make that much beer.

The lager's great & I have friends who swear by the black & tan.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:12 am

black & tan rules!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:12 am

how did you score??? i'm drinkin one right now. yuengling rules!!! (on sale again for $8.99 a 12 pack at stop an shop. woohoo!!!)
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:19 am

how did you score???

Not sure if you are asking me, but if you are, it's brewed in PA. Not much work to drive over when friends or I are in Cleveland, plus, Pittsburgh is < 3 hours & can be quite fun, so we drive over every once in a while.

$8.99/12 pack is a decent price for almost any beer in 2007, let alone a great one.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:21 am

I'm in a diferent town, man. Good stuff. Thanks for the hook up. Memphis ain't got it, but they should.

gene, are you drinking on the job?

Hey, Mullett!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:23 am

you should write to them. i went on the yueng ling website an they distribute in al, sc, nc, fla etc...i bet the beer cave would sell a ton of it.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:23 am

$8.99/12 pack is a decent price for almost any beer in 2007, let alone a great one.

Yeah, man. Busch is a buck less for the twelve. I'd pay an extra buck for this in a heatbeat.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:25 am

fla
That's where I got it.

I'll totally write on the walls on the beer caves for it. Beer Cave Paintings.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:27 am

gene, are you drinking on the job?

I wish! There was an engineer from Venezuela that brought back an extraordinary bottle of rum for me. I left it in my desk for a while & we bought a lot of Cokes from the vending machine before the bottle was empty.

Hey, you guys, too! I've been super busy at work lately, so I haven't had time to surf.

The cheapest 12 pack around here is Miller High Life which can still be found for $6.99/12. Sometimes they have 15 packs for that price.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:27 am

the stop an shop near where i live has the lager (what i drink), black an tan an light. i wanna check out the porter. an yeah the price can't be beat. a six pack of imported beer at stop an shop is $8.99. fuck that. america rules!!!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:29 am

yuengling porter rules too! it's better if it's kinda room temp
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:29 am

i'll bring you some if you go to motorcity
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:32 am

cause you have a pumpkin head?
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:32 am

Hey, d diggs & the board agree on something. Moderater, mark this day!

Nice to know alcohol can bring us all together.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:36 am

i have my own drinking game, it goes something like for every post i make, i take 2 drinks

That is definately funny! Also there are fine beer drinking games for TV shows like "Hi Bob" or "The Love Boot" aka "The Chug Boat."
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:38 am

im getting wasted tonight

Me too. I am leaving work right now to go get wasted. None of this fun and games stuff though, it's serious business.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:38 am

i don't like to pee
and hard stuff is easier
to sneek into clubs.
Old Grand Dad or
Wild Turkey 101
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:50 am

hey jack, did you find this at publix? i'll have to look on monday
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:53 am

publix

HA!!! Yeah, man! Liquor/smoke shop outside, yet connected to, the Publix.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:56 am

Just checked the reciept, though. Sixer of the Yuengling Lager (12 N/A) priced at 5.39.
I'm guessing D gets a wholesale rate up in the NY.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 6:13 am

i could drink any of you douchebags under the table.

I definately don\'t drink like I did at one time. Too tired of being broke & laid out the next day.

how did i forget high life 30 pks are 9.99 up here?

That IS awesome. Still, for as much as I drink anymore, I spend $13.99 on a 12 pack of Stella Artois & it lasts 2 weeks.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 10:51 am

Yuengling is some good affordable beer. I never had til I went to Pittsburgh and Ted from the Mud City Manglers highly endorsed it and he was right. Good stuff. If they had it available in Michigan I'd buy it on a regular basis.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 1:08 pm

I had Yuengling for the first time this past summer when we were out on the east coast. It reminded me a bit of Huber which is made in Monroe, WI - home of Cheese Days. Huber used to brew Rhinelander beer too. Rhinelander is home of, well, me originally, as that's the town of my birth. Rhinelander was my favorite beer when they had it in bottles. I used to pick up cases of it for eight bucks a pop from a discount store in town and the best thing about Rhinelander was that it actually tasted better warm which was great for going out of town for shows. We'd load up four cases in the back of the van for our weekends out of town. Good times.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 2:46 pm

the stop an shop near where i live has the lager (what i drink), black an tan an light. i wanna check out the porter

The porter is very good.
I may have mentioned this before, but in at least some Philly area clubs Yuengling used to be cheaper than Bud. Maybe it still is.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 3:17 pm

around 2001 you could get a glass (12oz) of yuengling in some bars in philly for $.80.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 6:29 pm

i don't like to pee
and hard stuff is easier
to sneek into clubs.
Old Grand Dad or
Wild Turkey 101

brilliant.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:04 pm

Yuengling ain't no great shakes.

But it is nice to drink the occasional regional "xotic" beer.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:09 pm

I wanna know how the Memphians pronounce it.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:49 pm

is it "YEENGLING" OR "YOONGLING"?
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:50 pm

YOONGLING
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:53 pm

and don't nobody tell him any different.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:54 pm

the correct pronunciation is NEM YING-LINGS.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 9:10 pm

drinkin a yuengling right now, good stuff!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 9:25 pm

is it "YEENGLING" OR "YOONGLING"?

Aren't those the pandas at the Memphis zoo?
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 9:28 pm

i love yuengling in the bottle (regular &/or porter but i wont drink black and tan on principal) -- but it always tastes like ass on tap
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 9:33 pm

an crucialfag knows from the taste of ass.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:50 am

the correct pronunciation is YÜNGLING.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:52 am

how do you get the umlauts to show up?
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:53 am

...and that's right between "YEENGLING" and "YOONGLING".
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:54 am

how do you get the umlauts to show up?

i use a german keyboard
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 6:15 am

ill still drink anyone on this board under the table, any time, anywhere

You're on, tubby. I'll have ya in a puddle of your own piss-n-vomit. I'll stop by on my lunch break.

The faggotty alternative urban weekly newspaper in Washington, DC claimed that loads of bars sell beer on tap that they claim as their "own" brew (like, give it some regional name or whatever) but which is actually the Dingaling.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 8:03 am

thats one of my favorite beers... my friend shipped me a 24 pack UPS a couple years ago. lucky fucker lives in one of those states where you can get the shit. maine doesn't have that nice whore-perfume smellin' beer. i love it.

willie
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:28 pm

first of all brad you drink canned pisswater not good beer like yueng ling. when i go out west i drink coors an strohs an all that other pisswater an anybody could drink a case of that a day. besides you an scottt are both twice the size of everybody else on the goner board.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 5:03 pm | Edited by: banned

any time, any where.

Don't you mean "any time, Manitowoc." ??
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm a lightweight for drinking (I usually get pretty shitty off of a twelve pack) but I can drink a beer faster than a lot of people can shotgun a beer...
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:44 pm

you're a fat loser who never leaves his house. you make me look like a world traveler. give it up.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:14 am

you can drink your weight in male semen, pumpkinhead.
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 2:58 am

did all you fags go back to kevin's mom an dad's house an party on his couch???
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 8:56 am

You are so gonna regret you issued this challenge.

I knock back a case of Pabst's "Blue Ribbon" just to cleanse my palate.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:38 am

just mean anywhere i am, of course. that could be two rivers, michicot, valders, two creeks, kewaunee, algoma, sturgeon bay, milwaukee, luxembourg, casco, appleton, forest jct, brillion, branch, rockwood, or any point in between. some of my finest drunk memories were in kellnersville.

You forgot Reedsville... and Frog Station... Whitelaw?

I've been drunk in many of these towns (sometimes just drunk driving through em', but still). Agh, many a weird trip from Green Bay to Milwaukee when I don't take the interstate... That stretch on Highway 10 that includes some of these towns is pretty tricky at 3 a.m. when drunk, and there have been times when I've reversed direction and gone backwards from Brillion to Forest Junction when I was trying to hit I-43. And I always seem to believe that old truckstop in Forest Junction will be open for some coffee and such, but it's never open, goddamnit. I have similar problems if I head south on Highway 57 through my hometown of Chilton and usually hit problems between Kiel and Plymouth and might end up in Howard's Grove or Ada or Adell or Batavia or whatever...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:40 am

I'm drinking brandy and RC Cola tonight. The beer has been gone since last night. Forgot to get some more.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:50 am

I need a compass. If I don't stop, I'm fine. If I get gas or something, I'll end up turning the wrong way. One time I got off of I-43 near Mishicot while heading back to Milwaukee, then got back on, only to find out I was heading north and was almost back to Green Bay. Another time, I was going south on Highway 57 somewhere south of Plymouth where it turns into 4 lanes. Well, it turns out construction was going on at the time and I was diverted into the northbound lanes while I was heading south. A cop found me out and I jerked back into reality and got back in the proper lanes. He followed me to the county line and passed me. That was a tense moment of driving. I've driven completely wasted many a time, but never got caught. That was the closest time.

Just the other weekend, I was driving from Milwaukee to Slinger, and I did a 360 in the middle of the road. I saved it like a dirt trackin' stock car motherfucker. Noone was around to see it. I laughed, and made it home in one piece.

It sucks when you get good at drunk driving. You always end up pushing it further and further...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:55 am

I'll challange any of you guys in a drinking contest.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:57 am

How about a drinking and driving contest in rural Wisconsin?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:59 am

I've pissed in many a cornfield at the side of the road. It sucks when you trip and fall backwards and get sprayed with your own piss. I mean, if I did finally get pulled over, the combination of the piss smell with the obvious alcohol odor wouldn't bode well...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:00 am

How about a drinking and driving contest in rural Wisconsin?

Wouldn't be much different than the wilds I grew up in.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:02 am

Yeah, but me and brad might actually recognize the names of towns like St. Nazianz and shit like that... I guess we can play the same game in Michigan and see who fares the best overall in both states...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:08 am

It's all about fairness, in Olympic-league drunk driving contests...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:16 am

A great lakes coastline gentlemen's agreement?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:26 am

Okay Brad. Sometime this summer it's on!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:32 am

I'll drink you all under the table while driving a rig through every township in Wisconsin with a lady on my lap and pills in my gills. Six days on the road and her dick-sucking mouthing ain't got tired...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:36 am

Mr Dudley,

You never jack-knifed that 18 wheeler while getting a hummer did ya?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:41 am

Nope. Straight as a line. Can't mess up a shipment for some lot lizard. I've got standards...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:46 am

Mr Dudley,

I can drive to Wisconsin to take part of a drinking/driving contest with Mr. Veeth and BradX. I'm pretty sure Mr Veeth can trek Michigan way for a fair and balanced home/away court challenge but I'm concerned about that Brad X guy. He hardly likes to leave his town. If push comes to shove could you give him a lift to PH? if you have a load going to Canada after you drop him off-I work in custom brokerage. I can get you through the border problem free.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:54 am

Dude...I got X-Dirtys in my band. What band you gonna bring? Zink knows my powers. So does Veeth...It won't be a band drink off it will be personal. Get ready for a real challange.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:02 am

Shit...Last time I was there I think the most you said at the most was hi and got the fuck out of there...but then again the Riverboat Gamblers were playing so I don't really blame ya. Weight has nothing to do with it. Especially if there's snaking allowed. You'll think our band sounds like Oasis.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:06 am

This contest must also involve grilling out and eating of fine sausage products beforehand... So, if someone does puke during the contest, the vomit will be obvious and... well... somewhat appealing...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:07 am

Snacking. Food. None of that Sav-A-Lot bullshit either.

You don't get free beers at least? Shit...PH bars will treat ya better than that.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am

I EAT SAUSAGE VOMIT
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:09 am

This contest must also involve grilling out and eating of fine sausage products beforehand... So, if someone does puke during the contest, the vomit will be obvious and... well... somewhat appealing...

And a quickest fish cleaning/breading contest too.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:13 am

Do you listen to Al Perry & the Cattle records while drinking?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:13 am

The only thing that's keeping you and Veeth on top tonight is that it\'s an hour earlier there. It's my day off. I can sleep til 2 if I want today...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:15 am

nope, i sell em on ebay

The hour advantage?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:20 am

im posting shit in the morning all the time

I wasn't doubting that...So do I. Shit, I almost killed this bottle and gotta wait almost two hours before the legal selling time.

You win this time BradX but we shall meet again.

If we all play PH together Zink can explain the law of the land to ya.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:21 am

Oh...and you guys will have to go on first too.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:24 am

I gotta go to work in a few hours. I might as well pull an all-nighter and go to work drunk and drink a bunch of coffee at 6 am and pass out when I get home or die trying...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:25 am

I could probably win this staying up late contest, but I'm out of practice with that...

I feel more confident about the drinking contest...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:27 am

4:27 a.m. on my watch. Still got brandy and RC. Will have to go to work in 2 hours. Should be a good day.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:29 am

I gotta go to sleep cuz if I don't the old lady will say "Oh, you're already awake...Do ya drive the kids to school" and then I'd have to explain that I was up all night talking shit on Goner and pretty much killed a fifth of fancy 90 proof vodka pretty much by myself. I gotta be up 'round noon to get some innertubes and silicon spray and take the kids out to some surpreme sledding down hills.

Ahhh...domesticality.

And yeah...people say we sound like Oasis. AKE can headline.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:31 am

Still got brandy and RC

You need to wake up that good woman of your's and ask her if she has any Maker's stashed anywhere. It goes perfect with coffee.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:32 am

Fuck you guys. I'm gonna pack a bowl and go to sleep. All the Dutchies usually start posting around this time. Let them have at it.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:34 am

The good woman's alarm just went off upstairs. I should know, I set it for her. It sounds like she hit the snooze button, went to take a piss and went back to bed. I'm sure she'll hit the snooze button many more times. She didn't take me seriously when I said I was gonna stay up all night. My smiling face in the morning will get her through the day...

No Maker's here. That stuff doesn't last in this place...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:35 am

but if the bar aint got free drinks dont expect me to sit there, at all.

Fuck no...The bar is a block from the big prime Walleye pier at the start of Lake Huron. You'll be fishing with Veeth and me.

Dale just lost. Boo...

Or did he?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:37 am

Damn..this is some good grass.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:39 am

I flipped over my Dave Dudley record and poured myself another drink... I'm going to listen to Roy Orbison next, then something modern like the the Country Teasers or maybe write my own fucking songs...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:40 am

Which would be shit because I couldn't write a tune to save my life...

Kid Rock?

Even though I've been working on my acoustic solo record...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:42 am

I just try to rip off Simply Saucer, Carl Smith and Wreckless Eric these days.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:43 am

Conversely, I don't own a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor shoes like most Milwaukee area musicians, only a generic red imitation pair which fit too tight and look too white. In many ways...

My shoveling back and shoveling arms are in combat against my ladder climbing legs, feet and ankles...

The weird part is I never feel sorry...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:44 am

Oh...and My Bloody Valentine and Howlin' Wolf
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:45 am

I think I've been on that bridge. A bit rickety, over the river? I'm afraid of heights a bit, so those spaces between the planks scared me. I'm a pussy. Fuck you!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:46 am

Take some spawn sacks, throw em' on your hook and catch some Salmon over der hey youse guys....
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:48 am

I'm gonna write a song about being a tarnished angel. It's gonna involve drinking alone all night but have the wife's ride free of snow and heated up, the kids lunches packed and going back to bed til noon after goodbye kisses. Fuckin' Keith Urban's got nothing on me.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:48 am

I'm not going there now. You crazy?!! I have to go to work soon.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:49 am

Maciek (Manitowoc native in AKE) once huffed Glade and laid in the middle of a road. He didn't do much drugs or huffing, but that was one of his experiences, I guess...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:49 am

Except for Nicole Kidman and a Nashville machine behind him that is
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:50 am

Some dumb bitches from my high school were doin' Glade in their car and lit a cigarette and burned off their eyebrows...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:51 am

I bet Veeth's hair looks better at this hour than mine or Brad's.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:52 am

Now I'm reallly scared@!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:53 am

I should take a picture of myself right now and find out about my hair and show youse guys and ....
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:56 am

bushmeister freaked out the first time halfway across

He's not as Fonz like cool as he wants people to believe sometimes?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:00 am

if you dont like bridges ill still take you on an unsanctioned nature walk, theres miles and miles of unused railroad tracks that i practically grew up on around here, and its like they made a nature trail for future stoners, homeless people, and drunks.

How big is Manitowac. I used to believe that Sheboygan and Port Huron were sister cities (they're almost set up the same exact way) but the land of BradX and Oden sounds more like here everyday. Algoma is almost like Port Sanilac (40 miles north)...Alot of pretty girls came from Port Sanilac...All I've ever met from Algoma are dudes.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:01 am

Hold on, the woman just woke up. I have to take care of some helping out around the house stuff...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:04 am

6 am....That's like noon in parts of Europe. Where's the Holland folks?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:04 am

35-40k

Yep. Same here.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:06 am

Maciek

Is that the keyboardist?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am

found a pic of the bridge
http://www.cnwhs.org/memberphotos/displayimage.php?pid=2340&fullsize=1

Don't even make me start matching posts now.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am

I have to take care of some helping out around the house stuff...
You are smooth.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:19 am

i never eat while drinking, or rarely, and only a tiny bit

Bullshit! I've got very fond memories of cooking out all evening long while drinking at yer place. Makes me anxious for summer!

Also, I think that bridge freaked me out a bit too. We used to jump off a trestle just like it in Shawano, but this kid we knew ended up drowning and then we kinda pussied out... plus, the cops started hangin' around too.

I ain't got no pride in my town. It ain't even my town really. I ain't from Green Bay. I never even lived here till I was twelve. When I was ten we started to take the bus into the city and hang out all day at Surfin' Bird, Imports Plus and Exclusive Company (skate shop, headshop and record store - all of 'em had vinyl back then though, and there was always older punk dudes around for me to harass and try and learn something from.) but it's never been my HOME. However, I do feel that hometown pride for Algoma and Manitowoc and a few other scattered little towns across this state. Gimme one of them over Milwaukee any day of the fuckin' week, even if means zero chance of getting laid... and ya know, even though those small towns always seem like total sausage fests I've never loved a woman that came from a city. Every girl I've ever been really close to has been from a small town.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:19 am

Yeah, that's the bridge I was on.

Maciek is the keyboard player.

A cat just took a shit on the floor here in the basement. I'll have to clean that up.

The woman is making beef stew in the slow-cooker. I gladly helped with that. Looking forward to tonight's meal.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:20 am

My digital camera is one the fritz or I'd take some pics of the flames stacks I see outside my window and other creepy oddities in my neighborhood but that is pretty wild stuff. I'd check it out.

Yep...Oasis
http://www.myspace.com/theemoonlight
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:22 am

I had some small town ladies, but that's after I lived in the big town. My reputation from my 7th and 8th grade exploits in Chilton, WI alone got me laid.

"That's Keith. He moved away before high school. He used to go to Shopko wearing tin foil on his head. He's always been such a weird rebel!Squeak!"

Come over here baby, I'll show you what Keith wants...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:25 am

Maciek is the keyboard player.

The woman is making beef stew in the slow-cooker. I gladly helped with that. Looking forward to tonight's meal.

The keyboardist is an interesting fellow...The slow cooker remind me I have to go downstairs and get the roast out of the freezer.

Fucking cats. The little kitten that liked you Veeth has grown into the tomcat I have ever dislike the most. Stinky bastard. Go him fixed and he can still make this place smell like a Heiniken sitting in the sun for six months then someone pissing it out.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:28 am

Here's tonight's self-portrait taken with no warning on some digitalized device with clothes' baskets in the distance...

[IMG]http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/57/657/0/19/24/2300019240100377058e NHxtn_th.jpg[/IMG]
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:28 am

Nice unintended psychedelic effects, eh?
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:31 am

One last cigarette.

That pic is weirding me out.

Almost time to doze
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:40 am

I wish I could sleep right now. I was almost doing it the whole time I was driving back from Chicago tonight.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:46 am

I wish I could sleep about 5 hours from now. Maybe I can because that will be lunch break at work. Good deal!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:48 am

I better finish this drink and eat breakfast soon...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:03 pm

I suppose all you other Wisconsin pussies who don't even have to work today have gone to bed. I have to work, am still drinking and will be going to work very soon. I'M THE KING. Of everything...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:12 pm

I win.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:16 pm

You win a paycheck! Have fun at work.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:22 pm | Edited by: Aluminum Walleye

I will. I can listen to stuff on my headphones and read dystopian novels. I just finished "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin and am currently reading "Limbo" by Bernard Wolfe. Fun stuff.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:24 pm

I just swallowed my last drink of the night/morning. But there might be more to be had before I go to work. I declare today FUN DAY.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:27 pm

I haven't stayed up all night and gone to work the next day in a long time and I'm enjoying every second of it. Woo hoo!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 12:37 pm

What time does Trickknee get up and go to work and start wasting his time and his company's money on useless message boards, hmmm? I might need some companionship once I reach the place of employment. Obviously, brad and dale have gone to bed/shit and one kevin "banned" might have done the same.

O, lonely internet message board. Give me dumb and fun as I arrive at work half-in-the-bag...
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 7:10 pm

Nope! I'm still up and partying.
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:37 pm

Only if you can't keep up.
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 2:41 am

This bottle ain't beer, it's Diggler's urine.

I will be going to sleep tonight. Very soon actually. I'm really wussing out...
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:22 am

It's not "over" 'til the fat cunt pukes.

And that's you, chubby.

How you feelin', chubby? Feeling like dying of alcohol poisoning? You'd better eat some shortnin' biscuits if you're goin' rounds with me, lard-o.

You'll be lickin' D-Diggs' asshole after you get a taste of me, punk. I steady dru-a-a-au-aw-nk. I'll wash my balls with your PBR Lite.

I've travelled the Seven Seas; I've made bitch out' the Triumph Arch, and ain't NOBODY cop a bead on this BAD-ASS, ya dig?

Have your spouse on-point, to bring you dinner rolls because I'm not goin' home until I see you air your guts: mouth or asshole.

Then? I swipe your record collection.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:34 am

Holy fucking moses, you've really pissed me off something fierce.

I'm coming to Man.. man.. matikowack.. manti...

I'm bringin' some REAL MAN's drink, so be ready.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:46 am

Squire, I have drunk from the Ganges River and pissed out the Eternal Flame; I hath taken shots off the Everclear and declared it "urine specimen."

When I die, shalt they put a match to me, and I shall burn eternal.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 10:20 am

I do wear a lone-ranger mask in real life, yes, but "thus" is my only... uh... "Goner" personer.

I was Goner wear a Mexican wrestling mask when I out-drank you, true. If you can drink more than PBR Lite, you can un-mask me. Heh-heh, on one of your "better" nights. Which is not tonight.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 11:39 am

It's all downhill from here.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 11:49 am

I shall not deprive you of, this, your finest hour.

But know that the Doom-Booze clock doth toll for thee; and, I, alone, shall count its final dong.

Hussshhhh... Sweet sleep now and the sandman takes you in the ass.

Only, I shall hear my breath and drink from the rum, lest my spouse hear me and jump off on my mortal ass.

Feces.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 12:10 pm

God-dam, you are SO dead.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 2:26 pm

Fuk, I found-a beer, which I forgot ter drink! Bonus!
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 2:29 pm

SSsssshhhhh...

Hush, sweet twilight hour....
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 2:36 pm

The sweet tulips have now un-blossomed; the sun has sunk without song; and now the precious Rape Ape has hung his head, noxious fangs drip, benign...
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 3:33 pm

an brad excrement loses again.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 4:06 pm

am I the only one who is completely amazed by how cool Rape Ape is. His post are always so interesting.
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 6:37 pm

you ain't got a thousand bucks, pumpkinhead.
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 7:14 am

No, unfortunately, I really was drinking.

And, now, I really do need a bucket.
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 10:05 am

Hey, don't feel obligated to give us the sound effect whenever you unzip your pants at the keyboard.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 8:52 am

the rape ape is dead; long live bradx

You're about a quart low, pumpkin.

If you've cleansed your palate with sum PBRlite, won'tcha do sum rounds with me.

I'm drunk and I feel funny: funny enough to drink you into a coma.

Hee=haw?
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 8:55 am

i dont play message board drinking games
besides, im hammered
old milwaukee, americas best tasting beer
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 8:56 am

noone "wins" a drinking game
there are only losers
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:11 am

Wait, let's play "Goner," where everytime someone sez "It's True" or "eat a bagful of male genitals, michael baker," you do a tequila shot.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:14 am

you try that new miller chill shit yet? its tasty. i wish i had some of those right now instead of this old milwaukee garbage...
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:14 am

i think even natural light tastes better...
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:15 am

old milwaukee, americas best tasting beer

Troo
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:21 am

americas best tasting mule
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:23 am

taste like donkey
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:24 am

and ill tell you one more thing...
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:38 am

Goddamnability, fake some effort, why don't-cha?

Um, "Tra-la-la-la-la. I'll finance uh-single episode of GDPR, beer-n-all, if you kin outdrink me."
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 12:14 pm

I fuckin paged down by a lotta this thread, but noticed some east coasters with no Yuenglings access. What the fuck? They got it in Florida, If our god was a caring god, it would be EVERYWHERE!

They fuckin import Mexican soda up here for $2 a bottle, I'd pay the same for some of that sweet Yuengling nectar.....
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 4:58 pm

Last night's Yuengling draft is kicking my ass this morning.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 5:27 pm

I'm drinking Stella Artois now. $13.99 a 12 pack at Stop And Shop. I know I'm a commie but fuck, those Belginas can make a beer. Wifey still likes Yueng Ling and I still have one every now and then. I don't know if I was hallucinating or what but I think I seen em on sale for $13.99 for a 24 pack (bottles)!!! I shoulda just scored them on principle but I passed and then they were gone the next time I went. He who hesitates is lost.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 6:43 pm

i only drank a 12er of old milwaukee last night. i lost the internet drinking contest but i won a saturday without such a bad hangover.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 9:57 pm

Just got back from Stop And Shop and as if on cue they had the 24 packs of Yueng Ling back in but they were cans (no thanks) and $14.99. And the Stella 12 packs were off sale and back up to $16.99. Party.
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 11:04 pm

i think im gonna get miller chill for tonight
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 12:13 am

noone "wins" a drinking game

shiiiiiit, everyone *wins* when there's a drinking game.
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 12:33 am

depends how often you play i guess...
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 2:12 am

i won a saturday without such a bad hangover.

Fuckin' "A." Ouch.
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 5:56 am

yuengling's first two albums were great, but everything else is just complete shit!!!!
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 11:04 am

vagin.
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 5:40 pm | Edited by: cococomas

I had Yuengling for the first time when we were just in D.C.....

tasty. A+++++. would drink again.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:06 am

Quote Well, what do you know? D be right. It's pretty tasty.

Pretty tasty if you're comparing it to Blatz.

Some bars in Philly charge the same for Yuengling as they do for Yards (actually made in Philly) and Yards is far superior, if anything for the the higher alcohol content. (6% VS 4 something)

Currently I am drinking Yards' Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale which is supposedly a historic reproduction of his recipe. It's 8% and delicious.

From the site

In partnership with Philadelphia's historic colonial restaurant, The City Tavern, Yards has proudly reproduced three historically correct Ales using the authentic recipes brewed by our founding fathers; Ben Franklin, General Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Yards released General Washington Tavern Porter and Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale in October 2003! We think you'll agree that early Americans brewed some fine and substantial Ales. Contact Yards if you are interested in more information regarding the availability of these or any of our other fine Ales.

Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale

Yards Thomas Jefferson's Tavern Ale is a strong golden ale brewed with honey and other ingredients specified by Jefferson for semiannual brewing at his Monticello estate. This multi-grain ale boasts a smooth body and a long finish.
Alcohol by Volume is 8%

General Washington Tavern Porter

Yards General Washington's Tavern Porter is a dark beer brewed with molasses. Washington's admiration of Philadelphia-style porter is reflected in his recipe for this ale, which was brewed to satisfy the thirsts of his field officers. Tavern Porter is rich and warming with a deep garnet hue.
Alcohol by Volume is 7%

Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce

Based on Benjamin Franklin's original recipe for a Spruce Beer; Yards Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce is a dark, mild ale brewed with molasses and organic spruce tips. Although Franklin recorded this recipe during his time in France, spruce and molasses had become a common brewing ingredient for American colonists. This was driven by the lack of availability and cost of hops and barley. At the time, Britain restricted and unfairly taxed the trade of hops and barley imported to the colonies forcing colonists to produce ales from readily available ingredients - Spruce was the favored choice.
Alcohol by Volume is 4.5%

If anything can be learned from this it's that Ben Franklin was obviously a complete pussy.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:09 am

P.S. I had the Ben Franklin one at a bar once and it tasted like liquid bandaids.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:09 am

yuengling is tasty and it's cheap. A++. so yeah, i'm into it. plus it's from pottsville, pa and pottsville is probably the strangest little town i've ever been to in my entire life.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:28 am

Currently I am drinking Yards' Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale which is supposedly a historic reproduction of his recipe. It's 8% and delicious.

I'd love to have John Hancock Thunder Constitutional Congress Liberty Thunderhook Ben Franklin Slave Fucking Kill Benedict Arnold Ale if it were available. But it ain't in Memphis. Yuengling finally is.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 11:23 am

I'm hip to this beer revival thing. Dogfish Head has done a number of 'em, including a beer made same as suds found in King Midas's tomb: fuckin' have a brew with ol' Turkish ass-ears!

Meantime does uh original-recipe London Porter. Down a few with the filthy Dickensian fuck-ups!

Anthro-beer rules.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 11:35 am

Hopefully, on-deck:

-> American wild west whiskey (sold in near-opaque dirty, corked bottles)

-> Scourge-of-London, "the-crack-cocaine-of-its-day" gin

-> Pruno
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®