Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / SUPER BOWL !
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Colts 31 Bears 24
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Bears 1,715
Colts -14
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:15 pm

PUPPY BOWL!

PUPPY PENALTY!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:18 pm

If they can keep the Bears from constantly slapping the ball out of their hands, the Colts will def win.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:20 pm

slapping their balls WITH their hands
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:31 pm

puppies - 21
other puppies - 3
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Colts 17
Bears 14
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 9:21 pm

Colts Dead
Bears Still Hungry
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 4:53 am

I got the Bears and 7 points..
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 5:12 am

Fuck the Super Bowl. The Redskins ain't in it.
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 5:40 am

Colts-38
Bears-31
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 6:03 am

Spread? Bookies, you know..
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 6:39 am

puppies -18 vs the other puppies
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 6:40 am

i think some one is going to get licked
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 8:43 am | Edited by: leftpeg

Unicorns will win for sure.
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 3:47 pm

what is the spread on the puppy bowl?
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 3:51 pm

I got your spread right here!
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 9:04 pm

Both QB's will choke and the kickers will have the honors. Adam V. will win it.
COLTS 12 BEARS 09

I'll take a poop break for half-time. Prince sucks!! I'm glad the Pats and the Stealers didn't go. How do the Sawks win the coin toss in OT and still lose? The win over the Cowboys was a beautiful thing. PlayOffs have been fun. I think the Saints will be in the PlayOff hunt next year with the Bengals.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 12:42 am

Puppy Bowl is WAY more entertaining!!!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 8:52 pm

BEARS!
Sorry NOLA.
Defense will win.
Fuck Belichick....fuckin' prick.
Chocolate bowl!
....and Prince rules.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 9:24 pm

DA BEARS!
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 2:03 pm | Edited by: junior

last year i got ripped, watched the puppy bowl, and laughed until i almost pissed myself. looks like we could have a repeat!!
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 12:47 am

I just saw on SportsCenter that Dallas' head coach just lost his job cuz he couldn't get the Cowboys to the Puppy Bowl this year.

Heads are starting to roll,folks!!!
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 1:38 am

From animalplanet.com:

After the show, watch for the world premiere of the Puppy Bowl Tailgate Party - featuring Choop the Chihuahua, T-Rex the Poodle and Jake the Jack Russell as they watch the big plays from Game Day's hottest tailgate party.
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 1:45 am

T-Rex the Poodle

He's a lamb puppy goddamnit!
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:26 pm

BEARS!
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:33 pm

I believe you meant: Superb Owl
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:42 pm

I thought this was going to be about the super bowl I had last night.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:46 pm

As much as I like Urhlacher, I'm always gonna be a Colts fan...

i think this is gonna be a battle of the defense, but the Colts offense looks better than the Bears. Just sayin'....
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 8:49 pm

Both QB's
How 'bout that SEC?
Tony D. says M-O-N-E-Y.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 8:54 pm

Deviled eggs, lil smokies and guacamole- BOWL
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 8:57 pm

The Super Bowel blows
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 9:07 pm

I love puppies.
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 11:34 pm

Puppies:3,887,265

Other Puppies: 3,887,262

The point spread is based on the Puppies' OT Field Goal. Awwww...
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:03 pm

Anyone know what time this all starts? I'll adjust the 3 hours earlier for being on the West Coast.

I'm talking about the Puppy Bowl of course.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:10 pm

Anyone know what time this all starts? I'll adjust the 3 hours earlier for being on the West Coast.

Bray!
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:11 pm

I'll be eating this while awaiting puppy penalties:

FLorentine Artichoke Dip

1 10oz pack frozed spinach thawed drained and squeezed
1 14 ox can artichoke hearts chopped and drained
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 Cup mayo
2 8oz jpacks cream cheese softened
2 T lemon juice
1 Cup grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375

lightly grease 7 x 11 inch baking dish
Mix together cream cheese and may until smooth
Mix in artichoke hearts, spinach and parmesan cheese
Season with garlic and lemon juice
Spread evenly in baking dish
Bake covered (with tin foil) for 20 minutes
Remove cover and bake 10 more minutes or until surface is lightly browned.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 11:20 pm

I voted for Milo as MVP-Most Valuable Puppy. He was dead last in the polls. Root for the underdog! Euthanize Larry and Quesadilla!
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 12:36 am

BEARS! bitches!
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 8:59 pm

They say that at 15 months,Spencer might be to old for the game.But his heart,hustle,and determination may just be enough to show the rookies a thing or two about perserverence and tenacity in this uncompromising sport.

(read in an NFL Films announcer voice)
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 5:17 pm

BEARS! From a guy from Indiana. Is this the first Super Bowl with two black coaches?
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 5:35 pm

as much as i can't stand him or his retarded little brother i'm saddled w/ for the rest of eternity i can't imagine mannin gettin this far an blowin it. either way i win. prediction-colts.
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 7:38 pm

It hurts my Packer-lovin heart to root for the Bears in the Super Bowl but such is my loathing of Peyton Manning and his band of Domosexuals. In Super Bowl history, the number 1 ranked defense has faced the number 1 ranked offense four times and crushed them every time--prediction:

BEARS 38
COLTS 27

And I'll win $13 off this Peyton-loving jerk I know. Sweet.

-Ryan
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 7:49 pm

just made some hot wings that actually taste like hot wings (instead of japaeno/ habanero / louisiana hot sauce frankenstein contraptions that are something completely diff)!!!

en route: white cheese, err queso blanco rotel dip! what will they think of next?
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 10:07 pm

I will make sure the big screen behind us on stage at Slabtown tonite projects The Big Game while we play... PUPPY PENALTY! PARTY!!!
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 11:41 pm

is the puppy bowl being streamed on the internet anywhere?
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 12:49 am

I don't know anything about the Super Bowl or the Puppy Bowl. I'm for Peyton Manning, though. He's a good Southern boy, and I remember when his daddy played...
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:07 am

Prince looks adorable in his Aunt Jemima hat!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:12 am

All I've caught so far was that amazing run at the Kickoff. Crazy!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:17 am

Dutch, "Thor should perform next year."
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:19 am

Props to prince for getting on an electric guitar with all that rain. Dangerous. and Purple.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:32 am

Prince is a mammajamma
and I too loved his tribute to Little Richard
plus it's good to see Don Kirschner still kicking around

my 84 year old grandmother just told my mom that this was a boring superbowl party
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:40 am

Yeah, I was going to ask about the electric guitar and all that rain. I guess I thought it was wireless, or something.
Prince is Thor, or something like that. Well, he's damned entertaining if not quite Thor. I love him.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 2:52 am

i tivo'd the superbowl so i could see ONLY the commercials and the music.
for some reason, i can't find billy joel singing the national anthem.
did it happen, and how was it?

plus it's good to see Don Kirschner still kicking around

i didn't catch this BUT - don MISCHER produced the half-time, as he has done for a while now. he produces the grammys too. totally different guy. mischer's stock in trade is big-ass live events
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:01 am

da' Bearss SUCKED, but that Indy offensive line is a bunch of holding assed motherfuckers
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:03 am

zzz.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:25 am

I'm bummed and the only thing thad make me feel better would be watching Rex Grossmen getting set on fire.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:43 am

Yeah, I was going to ask about the electric guitar and all that rain. I guess I thought it was wireless, or something.

It was pre-recorded mimicking.

Why?

i didn't catch this BUT - don MISCHER produced the half-time, as he has done for a while now. he produces the grammys too. totally different guy. mischer's stock in trade is big-ass live events
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 4:05 am

The best commercial was that one for Garmin GPS, which had the GPS robot vs. the map monster. The song in that one was sung by none other than Steve Grimmett of motherfucking Grim Reaper!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 4:17 am

Yeah, we were all freaking out wondering about that Godzilla-esque commercial with the metal song--dude sounded like Dio. Where'd you hear it was Grimmett? What happened to the commercial with the guy proposing to his girlfriend that was supposed to happen? All the other commercials were lame lame lame (well the office in the jungle was kinda funny). Note to self: NEVER ASSOCIATE WITH BUD LIGHT DRINKERS. As far as the game, the Bears couldn't overcome Grossman's ineptitude and the Colts were smart enough to kick it away from Hester after the first play. At least I'm glad it was the worst Super Bowl weather ever. The Pack will be back for XLII, get ready NOW.

-Ryan
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 4:20 am

i liked the garmin gps commercial...but i didn't think it was super bowl level advertising artistry.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 6:19 am

Anybody notice the Devil Dogs quote in the Chevy commercial? Crazy!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 6:52 am | Edited by: queenothetwist

WTF - Prince wasn't pre-recorded, was he? He was SHREDDDING solos all through let's go crazy n shit. Also, during the "oooh oooh"s at the end of purple rain the mother fucking producers turned his git-tar down in the mix even though he was shredding AGAIN. Must not think the american publice can handle that much hott solo actions. Nice microphone THROW DOWN you short little no-ass-pants-wearing fuck.

I am really down with the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince right now.

Bears let me down. Fuck you, Bears.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:02 am

did anyone happen to count the pee-nalties during the puppy bowl? i only saw about 3.
suggestion for next years kitty half time show: let my pit bull run around in the arena with them. muzzled, of course.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 8:53 am

i have worked on several stadium tours and because of various reasons including but not limited to crappy weather and things that could go wrong on the stage, just about the ENTIRE show is available to the sound techs in the form of a live-to-tape pre-record. madonna records dress rehearsals specifically for this purpose.

if anyone here saw the stadium version of zoo tv.... there was a 50/50 ratio of live to memorex

my tv is old and has pretty crappy sound - so its all pretty much lost on me as a viewer, but stadium audio protocol for live broadcast, i do know what goes on in the broadcast control trailer.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 1:09 pm

i laughed my ass off!

billy joel playing the u.s. anthem, then a picture of soldiers in baghdad is shown and the whole stadium goes wooooo party!! right when he's done with the song, fighter planes going boooom over the arena!!! those fat dudes trying to catch that fast dude running for a touchdown ca. 1 sec after it started!!! that "perfect" kicker team couldn't even hit the ball! prince played a foo fighters song!!!

2nd half was lame...
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 2:49 pm

so, you're saying they prerecorded that big WHACK when he threw down his mic? Hmmmm. That's some serious high quality production.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:17 pm

he's definetly not hitting all the notes in the solo on his guitar, its similar but not the same.

I'm not saying the solos weren't pre-recorded, but if you're using a second viewing on YouTube as your guide, keep in mind that audio and video doesn't always sync up on them shits.

Yeah, we were all freaking out wondering about that Godzilla-esque commercial with the metal song--dude sounded like Dio. Where'd you hear it was Grimmett?

http://www.stevegrimmett.co.uk/ There's a full 2:33 music video version there too, which is rad.

i liked the garmin gps commercial...but i didn't think it was super bowl level advertising artistry.

I thought so, if only for the sheer WTF factor.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:31 pm

Anybody notice the Devil Dogs quote in the Chevy commercial? Crazy!

yeah that was probably the most surreal moment I saw. I instantly assumed the devil dogs must have covered that song and that I'd never heard the original, but nope, devil dogs in a superbowl commercial!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:42 pm

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:02 pm

also, TOO MANY FUCKING CLOUD PUPPIES ON THE PUPPY BOWL.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:11 pm

tim sez it wasn't the devil dogs.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:12 pm

golden retriever was awesome.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:42 pm

the playing was live, you could hear the fuckups and the pauses when he wiped his brow.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:48 pm

I am really down with the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince right now.

Best part of the Superbowl. My nephew didn't know anything about Prince and was blown away. I like how he jammed instead doing of the predictable medly crap.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:51 pm

i can't wait to go see prince in vegas at his weekly show. sounds awesome. field trip anyone?
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 6:54 pm

i can't wait to go see prince in vegas at his weekly show. sounds awesome. field trip anyone?

Count me in! Admittedly, I had low expectations for the half-time show, but I was totally amazed by that performance. He actually looked like he was having fun in the pouring rain!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:28 pm

gina - seriously, when i go, i will try to organize this with you. it sounds like a lot of fun. prince, vegas....
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:35 pm

Prince's guitar and vocals were MOSTLY live. and badass.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:35 pm

tim sez it wasn't the devil dogs.

I don't believe him. it sounds like them to me.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:38 pm

sounded just like the devil dogs to me too.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 7:44 pm

that was a great pre-PARTY to the SAINTS 2008 VICTORY!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 8:46 pm

i can't wait to go see prince in vegas at his weekly show. sounds awesome.

I saw him here in Memphis a couple of years ago. Absolutely one of the best shows I have ever seen. He is the baddest of asses. Also got Maceo Parker thrown in there, who is pretty damned badass himself. It is just chillingly awesome to be in the audience when he's doing the "woo woo woo woos" from Purple Rain.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 8:54 pm

how was Bily Joel's rendition of the anthem?

that Circue du Soleil shit was tre gay
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 8:56 pm

I was hoping Prince was going to melt in the rain. Of all 12 hours of CBS's pregame show, was there any mention of the F4 twisters that hit central Floriduh? My old stomping grounds just got wasted. Winds were 165 mph. They just got hit on Christmas Day. I think Mother Nation is pissed off 'cause those Floridian voters continue to allow the Republicans to steal their vote. Charlie Christ is another bloody dolt. When I heard about the bad weather I knew the Puppy Bowl was going to be a wet one. The first half was ugly. It looked like two crappy high school teams trying to play. The Bears only had the lead and control for 2 minutes. Even during the 14-6 lead the Colts had the swagger on the field. I was wrong about Adam V. I think that was his first miss with the Colts. Bears offense is awful. The NFC SUCKs!!!! The SEC kicks ass!!!! The Sawks would have played better than that, they love the rain. Bud Light would taste good if they didn't spend $100 Trillion dollars for Ad time. They spend more on Advertising revenue than they spend on making the actual product. Anybody drink too much and puke? Well Dutch, you came the closest. Good answer. What did you win?
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 9:59 pm

I would bet the $10 I won on the straight-up that Prince's guitar was live.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 10:00 pm | Edited by: Mark Rochambeaux

Of all 12 hours of CBS's pregame show, was there any mention of the F4 twisters that hit central Floriduh?

Yes, Tim Irsay gave shouts-out to his peeps, but I guess that was in the POSTgame.

I'm not sure if they mentioned the 350,000 homeless flooded-out Indonesians, just to put things in perspective.
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 12:42 am

There were times when he would lift his right arm high but notes were still playing. Unless he was doing some kind of Eddie Van Halen left hand hammer-on pull-off thing.

I think the guy's a genius. Saw him twice in 2005 and absolutely killed both times. I even saw the Purple Rain tour...
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 12:56 am

left hand hammer-on pull-off thing.

Yeah, he was doing some of that. His guitar and voice were about 10 times louder than anything else ni the mix, which is why I think his guitar was live, even if he was playing along to some backing tracks.

One thing I took from the whole show is that advertising is now officially the biggest bullshit job known to man. Those ads SUCKED!
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 1:30 am

but my guess is they must record a run through the same day during a soundcheck or shortly before

its the don mischer way. its done on all the tv shows that are live - there's a dress rehearsal/run through that is taped - during that time, they rehearse the camera calls/line cut and timing and they videotape everything just in case something happens in the actual live broadcast - they can switch to the dress rehearsal smoothly as if nothing happened.

every don mischer show i have worked on is done that way. i worked on several grammy telecasts and that's his deal. its common practice for that scale of event.

also, i was one of several set photographers on the tv show "fridays" and the dress rehearsal was taped. there were probably 2 instances where they aired the dress rehearsal (which had a live audience) instead of the live show. saturday night live does it. letterman, conan and leno do it. its insurance to have a facsimile of your live show canned.

cher's HBO/pay per view special on the first of her "farewell tours" - they had a 2-night stand in vegas. the second night was supposed to be the live thing for tv. what aired was in fact, the previous night's performance.

it's really nothing to do with the performer - its all about the broadcast and what the producer requires.

i adore prince. i think he's one of the most talented badass mofo's alive OR dead.
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 2:55 am

maybe they used the minute during the mimed solo to get the other guitar patched in or something.

that kind of thing happens all the time.
it happened on a stadium tour i worked on - problem was they needed UNION guys to do a small patch and one wasn't around.... there was a minute of faking it on HBO
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 4:39 am

man those twins dancing around that doo rag wild man..that was tops.
+ i gave up 8 points and took the colts and made some $$
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 5:04 am

I think the guy's a genius. Saw him twice in 2005 and absolutely killed both times. I even saw the Purple Rain tour...
i adore prince. i think he's one of the most talented badass mofo's alive OR dead.

That's always been my throwaway line...oh Prince is a musical genius. Sign O the Times is up there in my top 5.
It's pretty funny (and informative!) to hear all this discourse about whether it was live or not. I lean toward the it was mostly live side...but even if that's not so I was totally able to suspend my disbelief. Hell yeah he's playing that right now and he's a motherfucker.
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 5:11 am

tim sez it wasn't the devil dogs

The part they used said "Nobody can shut that Chevy down, 'cause that brand new Chevy is mine". It that ain't the Devil Dogs, I don't know what is!
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 5:31 am

All that aside, I bet you all didn't know that Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith are both black and both Christian.
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 5:36 am

The part they used said "Nobody can shut that Chevy down, 'cause that brand new Chevy is mine". It that ain't the Devil Dogs, I don't know what is!

I didn't hear it. Could it have been the Muff's cover of Brand New Chevy?
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 5:41 am

I didn't even hear the actual song. They had everyday schmoes singing the lyrics of various Chevy-mentioning songs, and "Brand New Chevy" was one of them.
Posted: Feb 6, 2007 3:31 pm

d dogs "brand new chevy" in chevy superbowl ad: yeah, it's the
LYRICS.
(andy
got approached & paid). no, it's not the d dogs doing the singing
or
music.
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 2:34 am

d dogs "brand new chevy" in chevy superbowl ad: yeah, it's the
LYRICS.

That's what I've been tryin' to say all along!
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 9:23 pm

Puppies Won! Yay! And did any of you catch the Kitty Halftime show? That kitty totally wailed on the guitar! It was awesome.
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 9:24 pm

the kitties needed more catnip
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 3:41 am

k. i just saw the chevy commercial tonight! Nearly crapped myself when i heard brand new chevy. devil dogs are one my faves of all time!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®