Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Movies to be seen...
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 9:38 am

Looking forward to a couple of films...

300 due in early March. The 300 Spartans tells the same true story, but it came out in 1962 & won't look as near as cool as anything inspired by Frank Miller

Fantastic Four : The Rise of the Silver Surfer. Love the Silver Surfer, didn't like the Fantastic Four movie, but man, does the trailer look awesome! Due in June.

The Simpsons Movie. Due is July. Is there anyone on this board not going to see this?

Any upcoming films you wanna see?
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:26 am

the new eddy murfy
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:16 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

Saw "Pan's Labryrinth" the other night. It's a definite must-see. Not quite the sweet little fantasy adventure you'd expect. Pretty brutal as a matter of fact. Very well done.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:31 pm

seen new york doll last night on cable. wtf???
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Bridge to Terabithia
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:53 pm

Saw "Pan's Labryrinth" the other night. It's a definite must-see.

Saw something about that. Thanks for the tip.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Bridge to Terabithia

Wow. I think that was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I'll definitely have to check it out.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 3:26 pm

David Fincher's Zodiac movie. Comes out sometime in March, I believe. The trailer looks rad.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 7:50 pm

The Host, Tears of the Black Tiger (psychedelic Thai western that's finally being released in some theatres in a month-r-two...), Norbit...
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 7:55 pm

i wanna see "inland empire" pretty bad

my sister's boyfriend works as a p.a. for the simpsons movie and he says it's gonna suck.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 8:30 pm

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. The series lost "it" a while back.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:07 pm

Tears of the Black Tiger is awesome. Saw it at Film Forum last week. Highly recommended.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:20 pm

Just saw the trailer last night. Wow.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:21 pm

Wassa Terebithia?
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Watched Half Nelson the other night - really good!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:22 am

i'm looking forward to spider man 3
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:23 am

and tears of the black tiger is great. havent seen it at the film forum but have owned it on dvd for a few years. i wanna get the big screen experience. the rocket launcher part is GREAT!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:50 am

i'm looking forward to spider man 3
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 4:19 am

what's stephen chow up to?
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Kung Fu Hustle 2.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 4:22 pm | Edited by: cthort

spider man 3

Saw the trailer before Pan's Labyrinth. Sandman, Venom, and Hobgoblin. And hemoglobin.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Stephen Chow is doing a sci-fi movie next!!!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 5:33 pm

I just got a copy of "The Taste of Tea", which is supposed to be great...can't wait to watch it tonight!!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 5:33 pm

Cocaine Cowboys is arriving from netflix today. WOOT WOOT!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 5:38 pm

the rocket launcher part is GREAT!

Make sure Jack Stands see this thread...
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 5:54 pm | Edited by: cthort

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Stephen Chow's sci-fi pic

Its title isn't certain, but scheduled production on Stephen Chow's latest movie is. Chow's sci-fi themed project will begin shooting at the end of August in his hometown of Ningbo in Southeast China. Although the movie will take advantage of special effects for its sci-fi elements, stunt work and martial arts will still occupy the bulk of the film's action.

Chinese newspapers have given the film the title Alien and more recently Yangtze River VII. Both are relevant given the story of a Chinese astronaut (Chow) who rockets to space in his ship, the "Yangtze River VII," only to wind up marooned on another planet where he meets and befriends an alien child.

Eighteen-year old Chinese actress Zhang Yuqi will play a robot translator who develops a "delicate relationship" with the astronaut, while allowing him to communicate with the alien.

Chow's Kung Fu Hustle co-stars Yuen Qiu, Danny Chan and Tin Kai-man will also be appearing. Casting for the role of the boy alien has yet to be decided.

The 100 million yuan production is co-funded by Chow's Star Overseas Limited, the China Film Group Corporation and Beijing PolyBona Film Publishing.

Source: Cinematical, CriEnglish.com, Wu-Jing.org
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Wow - a Stephen Chow SciFi sounds killer.

I really liked Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth.

Looking forward to 300 (big time), the Grindhouse, Zodiac, Inland Empire, and the Simpsons, natch.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 8:26 pm

not a movie, but the documentary series THE WORD AT WAR is awesome. got the box set yesterday. havent' seen it since the late '70s and it's totally stood the test of time. the comparrisons to what is happening in the world and in particular in america (without saying bush is a nazi) is pretty dead on.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Gwoemul (The Host) the Korean movie...
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:32 pm

I ordered The Host today.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:35 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Burger King Two: Electric Burgeroo
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:49 pm

the Grindhouse
seriously. hot girls with machine gun legs.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 11:51 pm

I went to A Grindhouse Fest lastnight...The Switchblade Sisters and The Swinging Cheerleaders.

Great movies...I'd never seen The Switchblade Sisters before. Totally rad

I wanna see the New Tarantino-Rodriguez "Grindhouse" as well.
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 12:29 am

yeah, i wonder why grindhouse wasn't mentioned earlier. definitely on top of my list. pans labyrinth is good and i highly recommend it. as for inland empire, i love eraserhead, mullholland drive and lost highway but that one left me disapointed... lacks especially on the visual side cause lynch was going for a different look and filmed it digitally.
my expectations for the simpsons movie are low considering what they did to the show...
didn't even know about the new fincher, hope it will be good. trailer looks promising. and i still gotta see lady vengeance as well.
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 12:47 am

I thought overall Inland Empire was awesome but, too long. It wasn't as misleading as some of his other shit. My gal said, he could've used an editor. Agreed.
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 6:23 pm

New Korean flick: No Mercy for the Rude

Also, from the director of Bio-zombie: The Mummy, Aged 19
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 6:41 pm

ROCKY VI
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 7:12 pm

"Inland Empire" was good for the first hour so. Watching the last hour and a half was like watching Lynch beatoff in his own face, 'cept less interesting.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 7:40 am

Northwest Passage (this Thursday at Cinema 21 in Portland) should be worth seeing: http://www.cinema21.com/prognotes07a.html#northwestpassage
Also some interesting stuff at the film festival that started this weekend. Probably gonna go to The Host and Triad Election. The program is pretty overwhelming, other recomendations appreciated... http://www.nwfilm.org/archives/piff/30/films/
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Theyre advertising a film called 'little man' in my local video shop window. Its like a baby's body but with a man's head! - should be hilarious, especially as the 'little man' in question is black. If its anywhere near as funny as 'Big Momma's House 2' then we're in for a treat.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:05 pm

anyone heard anything good about the edie sedgewick film?
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 8:40 pm

i had no idea what happened in inland empire. anyone know what the plot was?
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Update: THE HOST fucking rules. Holy shit.
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Update: THE HOST fucking rules. Holy shit.

I got it on Friday. Tonight's the night.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:43 pm

THE HOST

WOW! The monster is the United States. No wonder Kim Jong Il loved it!
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:13 pm

THE HOST

I got it on Friday. Tonight's the night.

weird, i got it in the mail friday, and watched it last night too.
good movie, and the monster is great.
a little corny at times, and i guess i was expecting to be blown away because of all of the internet/cannes festival hype.
the initial encounter and panic scene was really good.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 4:26 pm

Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:00 pm

weird, i got it in the mail friday, and watched it last night too.
good movie, and the monster is great.
a little corny at times, and i guess i was expecting to be blown away because of all of the internet/cannes festival hype.
the initial encounter and panic scene was really good.

I think a lot of the hype is due to the fact that there hasn't been a good monster movie to have fun and yell and cheer and go crazy to in theatres for awhile. I think if I watched it at home first, I wouldn't have been as immediately crazy about it.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:09 pm

yeah, i could easily see how it would be better in the theater.
hopefully it will get distribution in the US, and i can check it out in the theater.
would make a great drive in movie too.
i hope there will be more good monster movies as a result of its success too.
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 6:52 pm

I'm gonna watch it again tonight. It was definitely worth the 15 bucks I spent on it.
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 6:30 am

'the order' is pretty good. kind of like 'the omen' meets 'davinci code'.
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm

i saw "factory girl" (edie sedgewick movie) last night and it's definatly the worst thing i've seen in at least a year.
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 7:57 pm

Yeah, it looks terrible.

Just rent 'Ciao! Edie Takes Manhattan' and revel in the voyeurism of watching someone's death-throes.
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 8:26 pm

we watched Marie Antoinette last night....SNORE!
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 9:26 pm

I just found a torrent for the new trailer park boys movie!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®