Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hillary for Prez?
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:01 pm

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Woman president?
That would be wild.

What are the chances?
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:14 pm

if she runs, we might as well have Ralph Nader run...her and that other black guy would ruin any chance of the Democrats winning this election. I'm not saying they wouldn't be great for the job...its just that NO republicans and probably alot of the older school Democrats would NOT EVER vote for a black dude or a woman...(I guess thats how it is when you live in a country founded on slavery and limited womans rights)
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Superficially, I see what you are saying about Hillary, but the Karl Rove's of the world are going to have a field day with her voting record.
Just because Rove or his protoges may not be in the administration, they've made a history working for the RNC, not just the Bush family.
Glad she's making a go of it for whatever symbolic reason, but I expect a majority of the RNC will leave her alone unless she wins the DNC. Then they'll hammer her.

And her record really doesn't help.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Corky from "Life Goes On" has a better shot!
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:36 pm

I do not like her BUT OBVIOUSLY WE COULD DO 'W'ORSE

Her (or Obama) have no chance of getting elected. The first woman or black pres we ever have will be politically moderate (or leaning towards conservative-- which I'm totally fine with as long as it's more financially as opposed to socially.)
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Clinton: 'I'm in and I'm in to win'
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16720167/
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 7:59 pm

A vote for Hillary is a vote for William J. to be the 1st. lady for 8 more years, and I'm all for that! You know Bubba would be the back seat driver the whole time she was in office! 8 MORE YEARS!!! 8 MORE YEARS!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:17 pm

i always thought hillary was bubba's backseat driver for his entire career, from the AR governors mansion to the white house.

she's an intelligent person and a career politician, but as brad said: extremely polarizing.

i will not be voting for her, that's for sure. i'll write in pat paulsen if she gets the nomination
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:23 pm

Well we are behind the times anyway. We have had 43 presidents and only one has been a Catholic, so what does that say.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:28 pm

We have had 43 presidents and only one has been a Catholic, so what does that say.

that americans are largely protestant? that they see catholicism as a gothic death cult?
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:39 pm

I Love Alter Boys.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:50 pm

i always thought hillary was bubba's backseat driver for his entire career, from the AR governors mansion to the white house ---- Yes, I agree, and now It's time to play a little game called Switch-a-Roo! Same administration, different face . Just like George 41 and George 43.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:53 pm

I would never vote for her if I could vote for Obama first.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:55 pm

He's a muslim. I'm not THAT tolerant.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Women didn't even get the vote in the country until 1920. Think about it.

Up until the 1960's civil rights movement blacks were still treated as less-than-human in all of the south (and a good deal of the north).

(And don't even think about being gay in this country up until maybe 10 years ago.)

People take the current status of minorities for granted. If a Hillary OR an Obama ticket were to actually get the nomination, all the UGLY racial and sexist bullshit in this country that's been kinda shamed underneath the surface would bubble up and it would expose the true face of "freedom" in the United States. And it would be a nasty, nasty scene.

I'm all for having a woman president, but I would never vote for Hillary. In addition to the Clinton administration gutting the Democratic party, turning it into "Republican light" and selling out any Americans who aren't wealthy, Hillary totally botched the brief chance we had to formulate a universal health care plan in this country and set the chances for it back about 20 years.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:12 pm

obama is a christian not a muslim. an i don't understand how somebody that hated thinks she can become president.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:16 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

I would vote for a woman for prez but not just ANY woman and especially not THAT woman. Obama seems to much of a media creation/darling/monster . I'm not voting for anybody Oprah/Katie Couric is pushing.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:21 pm

Corky from "Life Goes On" has a better shot!

Is he 35 yet?

If there's an Obama/Clinton ticket, they'll maybe get Washington D.C. and Minnesota. If that...

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_smears_Sen._Obama_0119.html
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:35 pm

an i don't understand how somebody that hated thinks she can become president.

she successfully became a senator. and i'm sure that she doesn't feel "that hated." she's surely surrounded by suck-ups
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:48 pm

I have been paying attention to Obama and fuck Couric and Oprah. Listen to him. He was on Tim Russert and the guy was pretty damn refreshing. I don't know yet if he is "president" material, but in all honesty, who the hell has been for the last 25 plus years?

Plus, he doesn't ride the fence on the matters of sports. He likes the Bears and the Sox and makes no apologies and doessn't try to say shit like, "But when I am in Iowa, I like the (whatever the hell Iowa has)." That genuinely says something about a person.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:56 pm

hey, i voted for her for senate. an i voted for her husband twice for president. an i would vote for obama for president in a second (gave wifey his book for xmas that she wanted).
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 9:58 pm

If Hilary was running in my state for senate, I'd keep voting for her as she is actually PERFECT for that job. She is not the woman president I'd like to see, while Obama actually may be the black man to fit the role. It is strategy and he may be able to do it.

Plus he admits to smoking weed and doing coke and, God love Bill Clinton, but doesn't lawyer-talk around it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I voted for Obama for senate and I think it was the first time I voted FOR someone ans opposed to AGAINST someone else. I'm in Nebraska now (one the more conservative states) and people here seem pretty interested in him. A lot of Christians seem to like him, as opposed to Hillary who is a Godless liberal.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Hillary sux. Not a fan.

I like Obama way better but yeah,what rapeape,Rumpleforeskin,schooley,etc. said. He's definitely more like an Actual Democrat,but if he gets any real steam he'll get the Howard Dean Scream media screwjob,you just know it. Just because the Dems run Congress now doesn't mean shit. They still don't have a long way to go to prove to me that they aren't outtatouch arrogant douchebags that like the smell of their own farts (thank you "South Park").

"i will not be voting for her,that's for sure. i'll write in pat paulsen if she gets the nomination."

Hell,i'd total write in Sherry or TheresaK but i know they probably wouldn't want the job. Goubler? Hmmmm....
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:50 pm

a Godless liberal

whatever happened to the separation of church & state?

people seeme to hate mario cuomo, but what i liked about him was that depsite his devout catholicism, he did not let his faith get in the way of his governing. too bad he won't run for another office or let himself get nominated to the supreme court.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:51 pm

Living in Portland has definitely schooled me as to how Liberals can suck as much as Conservatives.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:58 pm

cuomo was the classic do nothin democrat. all talk no action. i don't doubt he's a decent guy though.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 11:02 pm

that's why i like the idea of cuomo for supreme court. super intelligent, rational, can separate ideology from reality.... he IS a decent guy.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 11:03 pm

but he never did nothin as governor for 8 years. nothin.
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

he kept the death penalty at bay for 8 years.
of course, whether that's good or bad depends upon your stance on capital punishment.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 12:08 am

0% chance obama becomes president. there are too many elderly voters who grew up hating black people and still do, and the elderly vote more than anyone.

Thing is these people would never vote democratic ever anyway. So that's no real loss.

If it ends up being Hillary/Obama vs. McCain/Rice it would be opposite races and genders opposing each other. White woman/black man, white man/black woman.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 2:09 am

Good thing McCain has a tendency to lose his temper REALLY quickly and Condi has the personality of a kernel of rice.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 5:14 pm

McCain's bigger problem is his support of the increase of troops in Iraq. His candidacy for President now depends on success in Iraq, which is tedious at best.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Fuck man. If the democrats hand this election to the republicans then they really are kaput at this point.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 9:41 pm

when is abc news going to see that all you have to do is ask bradx who is going to win this election?
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 10:05 pm

And don't even think about being gay in this country up until maybe 10 years ago.

DON'T THINK ABOUT IT NOW!
Diggler, I'm looking your way.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 11:14 pm

"They still don't have a long way to go.."

OUCH! Should have been "They still have a long way to go to prove to me blahblahetc." ! JoeP. regrets the error.
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 11:46 pm

The govenor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson should make things more complicated
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 12:03 am

You gotta lots to learning from how you let Truman do those thing. Alot.
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 6:44 am

that they see catholicism as a gothic death cult?

That's funny, I always thought that Catholics were the dominant majority in this country. Guess that's what you get for growing up in a family of non-practicing Catholics. Ya don't really learn shit about the religion, but ya just assume it's "normal."
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 8:46 am

McCain is the Manchurian Candidate...

Good thing McCain has a tendency to lose his temper REALLY quickly
You'd lose your temper quickly if you were a POW for 5 1/2 years and beaten constantly....

The Democrats might beat the shit out of each other so much that none can win, especially if the are out campaigning instead of actually accomplishing anything in the Senate...

The govenor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson should make things more complicated
Is he still pretending to be hispanic?
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm

You'd lose your temper quickly if you were a POW for 5 1/2 years and beaten constantly....

Sure, that is a great reason for snappiness (unlike rummy, at least he has one) and I sympathize, but no matter, don't want that asshole to ever be my prez.
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 5:20 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

McCain is the Manchurian Candidate...

...with a bad case of Stockhom Syndrome. Forget it. Hillary is a shrew, and the continuum of having either a Bush or Clinton in the White House since 1981 is going to make the office look too much like the blatent oligarchy it always has been.

It's too early for any of this. The COF and Bilderbergers will pick their globalist du jour in their Summer and Fall 2007 meetings.
hookorcrook
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 5:31 pm

People take the current status of minorities for granted. If a Hillary OR an Obama ticket were to actually get the nomination, all the UGLY racial and sexist bullshit in this country that's been kinda shamed underneath the surface would bubble up and it would expose the true face of "freedom" in the United States. And it would be a nasty, nasty scene.

I'd like to see Mitt Romney get the RNC nomination for the same reason, but so he's put in a position where he has to publicly defend all the wackiest Mormon beliefs. It would be great to see that entire religion totally discredited in one election cycle.
hookorcrook
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 5:36 pm

I also think there's a tipping point for the BS. not that i'd be stoked if hillary was the dems choice because i dont think she is electable, but at some point if she and obama were a ticket and all the ugliness came into the national dialogue, it would be a good time for everyone to just call bullshit on all old people and assholes. i've been doing it for years with pretty good results. of course, i live in california so this seems a lot easier from where i sit.
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 6:22 pm

I agree--too early. I wanna wait & see. Just let these people keep presenting themselves to me for the next year. I really don't think Hils needs to run for prez, though, if just for stretegy reasons.
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 6:45 pm

It would be great to see that entire religion totally discredited in one election cycle.
thats what the missionaries are for
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 7:33 pm

thats what the missionaries are for

ha ha!!!
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 12:31 am

I always thought that Catholics were the dominant majority in this country.

because i hate religion, i am a dork for statistics about it:

2000 census sez:
79.8% of americans call themselves christians
of that, 25.9% of them are roman catholic, meaning that roughly 54% of the 79.8% of christians in the usa are non-catholic christians
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 11:31 am

I'm voting for John Kerry (again)

by the way, it's all 'bout those benjamins

+ all you literate readers have to admit Hillary is
smart, ok her butt is getting as fat as those cankles
..if she could just tart it up a bit, you know how body
conscious all those 30 something chicks are???
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 11:50 am

call themselves christians
i'm coptic
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Hillary for Prez?

NO!!! Worst idea ever. If the democrates do this, then they deserve to lose another election.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:25 pm

ANDDDD..... She is openly for the war.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Obama.

I can just hear it around the work place. "Obama..pfff... more like OSAMA!!!". You think that's stupid, but remember the SCARY KERRY campain with him photoshoped to look like frankenstien? We are dealing with a nation of 7 year olds.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Fuck. Blows my mind that the best 2 canidates the dems come up with are Hillary fucking Clinton and a black dude by the name of Obama Hussein. Yeah, dumb white fucks in middle America are going to vote for that. Shit, why don't they nominate a French dude too? Reps are gonna be able to pull this election off with min effort.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:47 pm

We are dealing with a nation of 7 year olds
2008 -Year of the OBAMANATION.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:49 pm

I hate to say it, but if the Dems want the presidency, they should nominate a white male with a one or two syllabled last name...
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:51 pm

a white male with a one or two syllabled last name...
I agree . Joe South ,step up to the plate!
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:07 pm

I hate to say it, but if the Dems want the presidency, they should nominate a white male with a one or two syllabled last name...

You forgot Southerner in that list of criteria. I'm not sure how John Edwards couldn't be the nominee in '08.

And Hell yes, please let Romney gain some steam on the Republican side. 'Cause that shit would be funny.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Well they could be transplanted from the north like a certain somebody...
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Blows my mind that the best 2 canidates the dems come up with are Hillary fucking Clinton and a black dude by the name of Obama Hussein.

Too right.....if that is the best the Dems can trot out, we're doomed.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm | Edited by: elle

the united states is full of white bread conservatives who would NEVER go for a black man or a crazy lady. if it was just the cities having the vote, i could guarantee the dems would win. i would think obama would probably take all in that. however, middle amerikkka wouldn't hear of that. besides, they think all liberals are baby killing gay rights supporters. that's what the republicans at least tell them that dems are. never underestimate the ignorance and misleadability of the majority these days. you should listen to some of them talk. whew. i just got in a fight with one of them on myspace not too terribly long ago that is wanting to put all the hispanics in this country in a truck and take them back home. it's ridiculous. it's like the know-nothing party all over again. only instead of catholics, it's mexicans that they hate.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 5:50 pm

i think the republicans would vote for obama. he reminds them of tiger woods.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:25 pm

NEVER go for a black man

I think Colon Powell could have easily won a few years back. He's kinda black-ish.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:25 pm

Shit. Bring Jimmy Carter back.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:28 pm

Or better yet, T H I S G U Y ! !
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:39 pm

I wish.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:47 pm

I just changed my mind about Hillary today. She's a terrible choice for the presidency.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®