Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fun Facts about Iraq
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 8:24 am

I talked to my brother today who is going back to Iraq in the Spring. He previously was an infantryman during the initial invasion of 2003 in a unit/division that, from my understanding, prides itself in being comprised of some of the ol' U.S. of A's more hardass wannabe kinda dickwads.

Coming home, he had alll kinds of crazy stories and I formed the impression that some were true, genuine accounts while others were passed along to ensure that anyone listening would know the seriousness of the daily situation over there---particular stories I hoped were merely macho, esprit de corps type crap passed along the ranks-- common as those poor girls in every high school across america who got the goshdarned hotdog stuck in her snatch.

anyway, he since has changed units and reminisced of the ol', veteran unit tonight, stating: "...they may have raped and killed a lot of people, but they..."

just a lil' nutty when you hear it from the little kid in your family
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 9:37 am

Yeah, the My Lai shit is yet to come out about this war. Besides those "prop" pictures of dudes in faux-gay sex poses. Which will look like a frat prank compared...
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 4:24 pm

<i>particular stories I hoped were merely macho, esprit de corps type crap passed along the ranks</i>

I hear shit like this all the time and I can only hope that it's bullshit. But some of it, knowing the people, could be true.

One that disturbed me was this guy laughing about how they'd roll by in convoys and kids would run behind them and they throw them bottled water. The dick claimed that they'd get their mace and spray it in the occasional bottle.

I really hope there is a hell. I might be there, but at least I'd get to see that guy burn.
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 4:30 pm

i heard they tossed bottles of piss to the kids. cant imagine why they hate us so.
Posted: Jan 9, 2007 2:02 am

i'm really starting to think that bush, rumsfeld, cheney, et al did a hasty screening of 'the battle of algiers' before this war and didn't really take it all in.
Posted: Jan 9, 2007 2:40 am | Edited by: The Muswell Hillbilly

Posted: Jan 9, 2007 8:10 pm

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_massacre">"I couldn't see their faces very well - only their guns sticking in to the doorway. I watched them shoot my grandfather, first in the chest and then in the head. Then they killed my granny."</a>
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®