Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE HIPSHAKES LP IS OUT NOW ON SLOVENLY RECORDINGS!
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm

That's what I just heard anyway.

PARTY!@!!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Big deal already.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:12 pm

WOOHOO!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:13 pm

It took long enough.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:17 pm

get me a free copy, fag!!!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:52 pm

OK, ALRIGHT, OK, YEAH!!!

It ain't up on the website, yet, but I'll keep checkin'.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Fuck yeah!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:57 pm

It's at least for sale at some show they're playing in Deutschland uber alles.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:37 pm

I bought it last night at their belgian gig. Have listened only once : first I thought they had changed into a grindcore band. Then I noticed '45'. Yeah I know I'm a fag and a loser and lame and all that.. Great songs and they also do born to lose and summèrtime blues.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 10:46 pm

the cover songs sound like an awful idea an the name of the album an cover are gay. shoulda called it party w/ the hipshakes like i suggested.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 11:51 pm

I was gonna say... Summer Time Blues could be cool, especially if done in the way that band on BFTG 2 did it, but Born To Lose seems doomed. I have a feeling I'll take it off after 10 seconds. They don't need to do no stinkin' covers.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am

yeah, they was pretty much a one shot wonder w/ the slovenly single. nothin wrong w/ that. it's more than most people could do. like scott for instance.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:06 am

yeah, they was pretty much a one shot wonder w/ the slovenly single. nothin wrong w/ that.

Good, cuz we're gonna have a fuck of a time surpassing the total devastation of the 1st Wrong Numbers single. I know when to quit! Fuck, I'm drunk already.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:20 am | Edited by: conner sewer

He doesn't need my defense, but Scott did the Cool Jerks and the Jenny Jeans. That woks for me. I don't get the seemingly utter adoration of the Hipshakes... Slovenly 45 was good. Yep.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:32 am

Slovenly 45 was good.

Biggest understatement of '06 award~!

That woks for me.

Best impression of a Chinaman in '06 award!
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:37 am

and dutchmasters

and i want one of these dammit.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am

If you guys were any gayer you'd be fags!
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 1:34 am

and dutchmasters

no.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 1:34 am

Look who's talkin', Ben Dover!
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 1:35 am

That ws for M. Spear, that gayer of you two.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 11:47 pm

i need this.
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 1:45 am

Wow, this LP was released a lot quicker than I thought it would be, strike while the iron is HOT!
Posted: Jan 1, 2007 9:13 am

I don't give a fuck about you, frenchy
eat a bean dip made from a rabid dog's diarrhea
chug the scum out of your mom's twat from the crackheads who paid your rent this month
Posted: Jan 1, 2007 9:14 am

FIRST AND FOREMOST REALIZE THAT YOU WRITE SONGS LIKE PETER CETERA
Posted: Jan 1, 2007 4:18 pm

bazooka joe ruined it for everybody w/his false alarm. now when it really comes out (whenever that is) nobody will believe it an it'll be older than a new release at shangri-lame by the time anybody finally gets around to coppin it. nice job, einstein. (that an svdw disclosin the gay cover song choices. who's advisin these kids???) good job all around.
Posted: Jan 2, 2007 3:12 pm

Tjeerd rules!
Posted: Jan 3, 2007 8:26 am

label@slovenly.com
Posted: Jan 3, 2007 8:47 pm

It will officially be out in February I think. We got a few for our tour. We had enough originals for the album, Slovenly Pete wanted to put the covers on! The Summertime Blues is a rip off of Guitar Wolf, and we enjoy playing Born to Lose. When it\'s fully released I await a backlash in proportion with the previous hype surrounding the singles!
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 4:45 pm

I can't understand one word you just wrote.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:08 am

hey kids release date is Feb 6... sorry for my lack of communication but what the fuck, i is busy.

B.Joe is gonna love this record, covers included. I'd bet my hairy left nut on that one...

check www.slovenly.com/thehipshakes
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:09 am

oh yeah joe, and I'm dropping a copy in the mail to you tomorrow.

and I'm gonna be a Godfather. So don't fuck with me.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:10 am

and I just got my italian passport. The world is mine.....
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:13 am

you doin pre-orders?
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:13 am

i'm definitely interested but I don't know how I could go about getting you a copy in time. I don't have any CDs just yet (any day!)

I could potentially send it to you digitally... do you need ALL the songs?
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:05 pm

THE HIPSHAKES DEBUT ALBUM ON SLOVENLY!
702-59 "Shake Their Hips" LP/CD

Fourteen blistering tracks of teenage angst from The Nook, Up the
Chimney, Bagshaw Hill, UK. These three young chaps are sure to make the
likes GG ALLIN, GUITAR WOLF, THE REATARDS, and even THE STONES very proud.
Eric of OBLIVANS recently showed his approval with a release on his
fine GONER RECORDS label. Excruciatingly loud trash punk straight from the
garage that blares so loud that we applied a warning label for your
speakers. Both the vinyl & CD will be limited -- don't miss this one!

RELEASE DATE IS FEBRUARY 6th, 2007
If you didn't get a copy from the band on their recent European tour,
you'll have to wait one more month...

OR IF YOU'RE IMPATIENT and you want your copy now...
go to www.slovenly.com/thehipshakes and find the secret hidden link :)
Order the fake record and grab some of the new 45s while you're at it
from www.slovenly.com/45series

THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER AND BEING MADE ONLY TO THOSE ON MY MAILING
LIST.
postage paid prices for LPs from $10.59 (USA) / €12,28 (Europe)

happy new year from SLOVENLY RECORDINGS
ps: check out our new radio show www.slovenly.com/radio
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:20 pm

I don't post just for your benefit, nut sack.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:25 pm

GG Allin ? Very Proud ??? He'd poop on it and shove it up one of the "I should've been the first to hear this" whining bitches' assholes, more like it. Hey this is punkrock, no prerogatives, losers!!!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:26 pm

What question? I thought you was talkin' to Stinky Pete. Ask again and I'll try to help you mon frere.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:35 pm

Fuck this Hipshakes shit.
you already offended him. its too late. there will be no forgiveness.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:40 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

wtf am I spupposed to do? I ain't got it and never heard it! SHEESH! I'm just as anxious as you are. But twice as handsome and half as cranky.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:47 pm

I saw the lp at the show in Groningen, I didn't buy it because the next day I would see them again at the Pit's and my car's always parked almost in the Pit's, so I thought that'd be more convenient. I didn't go the next day. I suck!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:49 pm

I had a cd-r about a year ago and I don't think it was the album. I barely remember what was on it cuz I was loaded the couple times I listened to it. I got cd(r)'s all over the goddamn place and it's either at home I can't find it or gave it to somebody. Might have been the Fatals for their road trip if I gave it to anybody.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:50 pm

I wonder how many record reviewers have their minds made up before they listen to even the first note? There was a guy, years ago, who got busted at the local paper for reviewing a concert he didn't even attend.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:51 pm

I would've bought one for y'all!!! I'm that good & they had a lot of albums with them, you know.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:52 pm

No way Nanne, I suck way more than you do!!
I just decided I'm not going to the KK&BBQ show in Groningen tonite either.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:53 pm

record reviewers who got busted for reviewing a concert
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:56 pm

record reviewers who got busted for reviewing a concert

absolutely true.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 3:59 pm

I finally got me a new year's resolution this year, save some money or at least shave a little bit of my debts. And I already saw them in Berlin on New Year's Eve, gonna see them tomorrow in Rotterdam and monday in Amsterdam. I'm alright, just a bit poor.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 4:09 pm

She never noticed the big band behind the curtian playin all that shit

That's horrible.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 4:13 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

Got a loan at ING for €3500, I owe my mother €1850 and I crossed my credit limit of €6000 on my rabobank account last weekend. I'm getting money from the atm with my credit card at the moment. And I don't even live on my own, but you're right, I'm not poor. I just suck a lot.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 5:41 pm

Picked up my copy of the Hipshakes LP from Slovenly HQ last night. It ripped my eardrums a new asshole. That's right, I'm shitting out my ears! The Hipshakes fuckin' rule!

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone checked out the new emo band on Slovenly? I highly recommend searching the Slovenly.com website for the link. Fans of "blistering...teenage angst...from Bagshaw Hill, UK" will not be disappointed.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 5:48 pm

Picked up my copy of the Hipshakes LP from Slovenly HQ last night. It ripped my eardrums a new asshole. That's right, I'm shitting out my ears! The Hipshakes fuckin' rule!

RENO RULES!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 5:48 pm

I mean Sparks.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 5:53 pm

RENO/SPARKS RULES!!!! Just one of the myriad rock'n'roll benefits of livin' in the Biggest Little City in the World...and Sparks.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:40 pm

I haven't heard the new LP yet, but I think the Hand had a hand in it, so give him a clap!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 6:41 pm

You give him the clap, fag!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:07 pm

the Hand had a hand in it

Says he recorded it and played guitar on a track or two. And his last name is Al"cock," so it'll appeal to gays.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:18 pm

I can't believe you're the only American with this record. Fuck off, a-hole!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:21 pm

The CDR had 2 tracks that were from the original LP recordings (the Oblivians cover & an intrumental), but all felt it was too lo-fi & that the Hipshakes needed ta be heard. Hopefully this is a Brian Wilson production with fluglehorn and an oboe choir.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:25 pm

Will it come with a "More Bruce" knob?
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:26 pm

You're an obese.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:30 pm

cultural ambassador is from reno?
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:36 pm

I can't believe you're the only American with this record. Fuck off, a-hole!

I'm fucking off back to my apartment at lunch to listen to this record again. Ha! Ain't yers on the way, Joe?
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:37 pm

Yeah but I'm impatient.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:40 pm

cultural ambassador is from reno?

Yup! I met ya briefly at the Blackout, DCR. Windy was learnin' me how to use the digital camera I "borrowed" from work.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 7:43 pm

Bruce rules! It seems!
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 8:34 pm

Todd, those two songs were a try out recording a few months before the LP. I maxxed em out a little too far. I would have gone further, there was still about a quarter turn left on the recording input dial thingy, but I wanted them to sound commercial so hung back. the LP is super clean and you can really hear the oboe and clarinets now. You honestly can't tell we'd gotten blind drunk and listened to Tapeworm prior to recording it.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 8:40 pm

Nanne quit yer cryin. Email me the CDs just arrived today (I only had the LP, and I'm not gonna promo those, especially not to Europe!)

Send me yr address. But EMAIL ME please, I don't read GONER while I'm at work, like the rest of you blood-sucking leeches. label@slovenly.com

PETE
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 8:42 pm

Ooooh! Did you hear what Pete called you dudes???
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 8:47 pm

slovenly pete send me an lp or else the wrong numbers won't be on your label, fag.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 8:50 pm

that'll learn him.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:57 pm

Nanne quit yer cryin.

You just made an enemy for life, pal.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 10:17 pm

thou shalt also be unforgiven *cue metallica*
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 11:30 pm

who the fuck are the wrong numbers?
did he just call me a cigarette?
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 1:03 am

No pop no style, I strictly roots. No pop no style, I strictly roots. I'm really druink listening to Uptown Top Rankin over and over again.
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 2:55 am | Edited by: d diggler

who the fuck are the wrong numbers?

do you live in a cave???
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 2:56 am

HAAAAAAA!@!!!!
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 3:10 am

do you live in a cave???
the edge of the desert.
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 3:13 am

caves are the only warm place to live at the edge of the desert
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 7:11 am

i'm gonna re-route my intestines through my head.
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 9:27 pm

i want chitlins for brains
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 10:05 pm

you don't have far to go. (whatever chitlins are.)
Posted: Jan 6, 2007 10:41 pm

whatever chitlins are

oh dirk. you got so much to learn.
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/ChitlinsHistory.htm
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Just got a copy from Daniel...HOLY CRAP!
this LP is awesome....blown out - messed up - halfway competent....
perfect.
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 8:37 pm

I have a soft spot for Summertime Blues anyway... I think it's great!
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm

you and your precious Who....
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm

patiently waiting.
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 9:18 pm

everyone has it but me.
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 9:23 pm

patiently waiting.

patiently?
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 10:12 pm

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! It totally KILLS MAN!
Posted: Jan 10, 2007 10:38 pm

i say yuo're fibbing.
Posted: Jan 14, 2007 10:40 am

so what do you think fuckers? do you love it as much as I do?

Hey, anyone going to SXSW? I never been, I don't really get what goes on there. I know that the Motards kids used to do SX So What or something like that... anyway I'm looking for people to help me promote my shit at SXSW, cuz I'm not going to be able to go. A street team, if you will, to plaster the place with Slovenly & Sticker Guy! stickers. Anyone interested?
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm

still haven't got mine. maybe today?!
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 2:15 pm

maybe today?!

or maybe tomorrow, since today is MLKjr. day.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm

man all these holidays are really pissing me off. I live for mail
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 3:01 pm

so what do you think fuckers? do you love it as much as I do?

nope - most overrated record in years - poor songwriting - horrible sound - generic & boring
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 3:45 pm

Is this record out?
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 3:52 pm

nope - most overrated record in years - poor songwriting - horrible sound - generic & boring

for reals?
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Weird, they've been superb so far w/ only great songs. I'm not sure how it can be "overrated" though, since it came out like a week ago.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm

i knew it would suck. an i'm not 100% in love w/ this slovenly pete character either.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 4:33 pm

Overhyped on Goner maybe? We'll see. Just remember, I have the last word and I only speak in facts, not opinions.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Just remember, I have the last word

who agreed to this? i must have been drunk.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Just remember, I have the last word

who agreed to this?

I declared it.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Napoleon Joe!
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 9:12 pm

poor songwriting not thrue!! Short one : 14 songs of which five songs were on the singles (in much better versions). New songs are great like "I really wanna know" and "I'm so bored".
horrible sound thrue!!! Sounds like a badly recorded Hipshakes-gig so why bother going into a studio, and having a producer? Dig the hand's guitarplaying on "try again" though.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 9:18 pm

they re-do five songs that were already on singles??? this keeps gettin worse by the minute. think i'm gonna pass on this rec. five makeovers an two bad covers outta fourteen songs does not sound encouragin. sorry lads.
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm affraid I can't comment until I've published my review.

we'll all be on the edge of our seats!!!
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 6:42 am

the hipshakes should be playing indian instead of oblivian!!
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:40 am

why bother going into a studio, and having a producer?

We didn't! It was done in The Hands basement, with minimal overdubs, so "badly recorded Hipshakes gig" is pretty accurate!

Also "most overrated record in years - poor songwriting - horrible sound - generic & boring" is going on the promotional posters, pure genius!
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 4:47 pm

pete, check your email manner dood.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 6:20 pm

ah -- sweet, sweet backlash.
BACKSTABBERS!
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 7:50 pm

so my patience is wearing thin. i'm still waiting patiently, but i'll start to get antsy in another day or two.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 7:57 pm

i want i want i want
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 9:38 pm | Edited by: Shaun A

The tension mounts. Never have we seen such excitement, ladies and gentlemen, since the Tilden/Hayes election. And, as on that night, the speculation is rife tonight, over to you Harry.
Thanks, Ed. As we can see from the early results, two early thumbs up from the Americans gave the Hipshakes a clear lead but as the results trickle in, we saw a thumbs down from the Europeans and then a resounding thumbs down from the usually reliable Luke Batarang which was unexpected and has surely caused a few premature gray hairs in the Hipshakes camp. Ed.
Thanks, Harry. The Hipshakes remain defiant though who knows, as more results come in, will the Hipshakes have to rethink their strategy or will they shake off this unexpected setback and move ahead. Harry.
Thanks Ed. It really is that close, and anything can happen. Early predictions from our team in New York show that New York could be split, with Dirk Diggler giving all the indications of giving the thumbs down but knowing Bazooka Joe's track record, he could well be in favor of the Hipshakes. Back to you Ed.
Thanks. So there we have it. With the British vote nulled due to allegations of favoritism and attempted vote-rigging, this will be highly fought and one that pundits will be talking about for years to come. Back to you at the studio, Tom.
Thanks. Ed Katzenberg and Harry Weiner there in Memphis. We'll be handing you back over to them as results come in so stay tuned. This week's top stories, Eamon Mullarty of Denver this week has told of his night of terror at the hands of a drunken Gary Coleman. Mullarty, 28, was locking up his real estate firm when he was suddenly confronted by an enraged and apparently inebriated Gary Coleman. Coleman, the former child actor famous for his roles in Diffrent Strokes and Buck Rogers, when tested later by Denver Sherriff's department medical officers, was found to be sixteen times over the legal alcohol limit. Mullarty denies provoking Coleman, who is now safely locked up at Denver police headquarters. More on that later. And now, the family who plays together stays together. And nothing can be more true than the case of the Sullivan family of Ogden, Utah, who have their own rhythm and blues band...
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm

JESUSFUCKINGWHATTHECHRIST.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:04 pm

The tension mounts. Never have we seen such excitement, ladies and gentlemen, since the Tilden/Hayes election. And, as on that night, the speculation is rife tonight, over to you Harry.
Thanks, Ed. As we can see from the early results, two early thumbs up from the Americans gave the Hipshakes a clear lead but as the results trickle in, we saw a thumbs down from the Europeans and then a resounding thumbs down from the usually reliable Luke Batarang which was unexpected and has surely caused a few premature gray hairs in the Hipshakes camp. Ed.
Thanks, Harry. The Hipshakes remain defiant though who knows, as more results come in, will the Hipshakes have to rethink their strategy or will they shake off this unexpected setback and move ahead. Harry.
Thanks Ed. It really is that close, and anything can happen. Early predictions from our team in New York show that New York could be split, with Dirk Diggler giving all the indications of giving the thumbs down but knowing Bazooka Joe's track record, he could well be in favor of the Hipshakes. Back to you Ed.
Thanks. So there we have it. With the British vote nulled due to allegations of favoritism and attempted vote-rigging, this will be highly fought and one that pundits will be talking about for years to come. Back to you at the studio, Tom.
Thanks. Ed Katzenberg and Harry Weiner there in Memphis. We'll be handing you back over to them as results come in so stay tuned. This week's top stories, Eamon Mullarty of Denver this week has told of his night of terror at the hands of a drunken Gary Coleman. Mullarty, 28, was locking up his real estate firm when he was suddenly confronted by an enraged and apparently inebriated Gary Coleman. Coleman, the former child actor famous for his roles in Diffrent Strokes and Buck Rogers, when tested later by Denver Sherriff's department medical officers, was found to be sixteen times over the legal alcohol limit. Mullarty denies provoking Coleman, who is now safely locked up at Denver police headquarters. More on that later. And now, the family who plays together stays together. And nothing can be more true than the case of the Sullivan family of Ogden, Utah, who have their own rhythm and blues band...

hahahahah!
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:16 pm

The Memphis caucus is patient and not subject to hype from EUR or NYC. The Hipshakes record is eagerly anticipated, if for only the loveable, redheaded scruffamuffin, Bruce. The team is to be commended for hiking on Union Ave.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:18 pm

I'm going to cry.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:22 pm

bruce is a dickhole. boycott the hipshakes.
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 10:26 pm

Bruce is awesome!

GO BRUCE!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 1:38 am

Gary Coleman
And now, the family who plays together stays together. And nothing can be more true than the case of the Sullivan family of Ogden, Utah, who have their own rhythm and blues band...

how strange. gary coleman actually lives about 20 minutes south of here.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm

I got the record sent to a friends house in town cause I didn't have a permi address when I ordered it. He said he listened to it and it's too noisy for his liking.

Goddammit. Now what am I gonna do?
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 3:35 pm

Tell him he's a fag and likes Barry Manilow.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Now what am I gonna do?

listen to it yourself and then decide if you like it or not?
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:21 pm

listen to it yourself and then decide if you like it or not?

I already know I like it. CoreyB has bad taste.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm

I already know I like it.

so you have heard it ?
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm

How else would I know if I like it?
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm

You're speaking in tongues again.

Bruce (probably) rules! The Hand should write short stories for a living. Though in the UK they don't make you work, so fuck it. More Hand stories either way!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:45 pm

The Handshakes.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 4:58 pm

It's because of the joe and his hype.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:02 pm

hey i havn't heard it yet. it could suck for all i know but i don't listen to anyone about anything.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:22 pm

sorry i meant, i don't listen to nobody about nothin'.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:50 pm

LP and CD just arrived! Hand, how come you never told us your last name was Alcock?

OK, I tried to stick the footlong in my hard drive but it wouldn't fit. I guess I'll try the smaller one. I'll fill you fags in in a minute.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:54 pm

al cock.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:57 pm

And as a hush descends over Times Square, thousands upon thousands of gatherers, their faces illuminated by candles, cigarette lighters wait 20 floors below the apartment of Bazooka Joe. There's the balcony where Joe will emerge there on your screen now. Children, as well as parents, people from all walks of life are waiting patiently for those very doors to open and Joe to emerge. He's in there now, listening to the Hipshakes LP. Who can tell what he's going to do once those doors open. All we can do is wait. It really is an extraordinary sight. This gigantic city has come to a virtual standstill as New Yorkers await the verdict.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:59 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

This shit fucking KILLS. Even the rerecording of In The Summer is great. No wonder I hate everyone else's band. Hipshakes and Wrong Numbers are the only two bands in the world.

Oh wait, next song is on now. It's the fucking best. I'm a brand new and much more ridiclous man.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Summertime Blues.

ho. lee. shee. it.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:02 pm

see, I told you.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Yeah!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:04 pm

It's funny there's already a band on Slovenly called the Anomalys (who rule) cuz these kids are the real Anomalys.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:10 pm

Not so sure about this "I Really Wanna Know" song, but at 1:13 I can't really complain. HA!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Born To Lose is the closer. It don't bum me out at all. I'm feelin' real good.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:20 pm

I dunno about the Anomalys (they're OK), but I trust I'll feel the same way about this record. Hopefully the ExCo has it & I'll pick it up tonight.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:21 pm

the LP is at 45rpm too...flys by before you realize it's done!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:35 pm

I dunno about the Anomalys (they're OK),

I love that single, but I was smashed when I listened to it. Maybe you listened sober?
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:39 pm

dammit how is it yuo douche bags got yours already. i live 2000 miles closer to slovenly.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:39 pm

I doubt it. I've listened a few times & dig the energy level but it has a rawk feel I don't like. Not bad, but not essential (for me). Sounds like a fun live band.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Yeah, it ain't essential, but I liked it plenty.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:06 pm

I think it was thee single of 2006, but I've seen the band a dozen time before and after the single came out, both the guys really tear it apart. Menno and Bone rule!!!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9108/488446589ltr6.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6964/dsc01121refeh1.jpg
http://www.theanomalys.com/img/anom4.jpg
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Menno is one suck fucker, but I once peed all over him in Pete's front yard. He had an umbrella though.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Menno's always one step ahead!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:48 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

song # 9 "See Me Coming" = killer Sister Ray punk. The singer and Al Cock really nailed the Lou Reed vocal on that one.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:54 pm

"See Me Coming"

this was the song! sorry...yeah, this is the one that's the second song on the b-side of the fistful EP...this song FUCKING RULES.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:01 pm

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE FISTFUL SINGLE!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:06 pm

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE FISTFUL SINGLE!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it! BRAIN NUMB is killer.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:22 pm

just figued out what daniel was talking about with the Summertime Blues / Guitar Wolf thing. It just came on (again- 5th time?) and when it started i thought my speakers was busted. they short out alot anyway and i was totally flim flamed into checking the wires.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:23 pm

oh yeah, then it explodes.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:46 pm

I've listened to this on repeat for about two hours now. I'm about to give it the best review ever.

THERE IS NOTHING BORING ABOUT THIS RECORD.

I think the only thing I would possible change is I woulda ended "Born To Lose" with a "cha cha cha" but that's just cuz I'm a fag.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:53 pm

Well, since this appears to be a couple covers and as many as 5 (or more) originals I'm already familiar with, Luke Batwing's "bad songwriting" comment can be thrown right out the window along with (presumably) everything else he wrote. Joe's right a lot more often than you'd think from seeing him dance on Youtube.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:53 pm

pro rape
pro rape
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:54 pm

ape pain
ape pain
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 9:00 pm

doodle eee ah cha
waddle de doo!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Loogit him go!
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm still a skeptic. Joe have diggler come over and listen to it so I can hear what he has to say about it. Then you guys can practice again and I can have something to read about for a couple of days.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:55 am

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER. TONS OF FUN. I'M PARTIAL TO SIDE TWO THUS FAR. if i didn't have to do homework i'd listen all night.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:04 am

if i didn't have to do homework i'd listen all night.

what a fag.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:55 am

what a fag.
shut it diggler. you want me to get a life don't you? well that means i gotta do my damn homework. now leave off.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 6:34 am

Luke Batwing's "bad songwriting" comment can be thrown right out the window along with (presumably) everything else he wrote.

CRUCIFY ME, C'MON FUCKFACE!!!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 6:54 am

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHY PEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 1:54 pm

song # 9 "See Me Coming" = killer Sister Ray punk.

That's the riff of "strange" by WIRE!!!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 2:28 pm

i got it yesterday! it's good!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:03 pm

Come on, Batwing, you're usually right but in this instance you'll surely be wrong. We can't all be idiot string.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Yeah Batarang, what's eating you? The Hipshakes RULE, and the production of the record is goddamn beautiful.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Hey Shaun,

You got the parcel I sent?
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Hey Joe,

You wanna complete the interview?
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:42 pm

song # 9 "See Me Coming" = killer Sister Ray punk.

That's the riff of "strange" by WIRE!!!

Where do you think Wire got it from? Not to mention that Modern Lovers song and Fascist Cops by The Kids and a million others.

And Puke Fagarang, I don't hype. You know how many friends I have in bands that I think suck? Most of 'em. Have you ever noticed how few things I think are worthy of any praise at all? It's not my fault that you hate punk rock.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi Daniel Headflake, I asked diggler if he still wanted me to do the interview for his 'zine but he never answered. I don't think he's talking to me anymore. Again.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Wait, not too long ago you and Diggs were telling me that punk rock sucked and I was all like "no it doesn't" and you were like "it sure as hell does" and I was like "I love punk rock it's the bestest 'n just because most people do it like shit doesn't mean ya gotta rip it" and you two were all "shut up fag." Hipshakes rule!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:19 pm

What can I say, they renewed my faith.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Fag.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Where do you think Wire got it from? hmm
Not to mention that Modern Lovers song we all know that!
Fascist Cops by The Kids NO WAY
and a million others. STOOOP YOUR RIGHT SEE ME COMING IS "KILLER SISTER RAY PUNK", I WAS JUST SAYING IT REMINDED ME OF STRANGE. JUST SAYING & PROBABLY STRANGE IS ALSO KILLER SISTER RAY PUNK. IT'S REALLY NOT IMPORTANT.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Fascist Cops by The Kids NO WAY

heck yes it is.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm

18 year old kids hate the velvets (or they're intellectuals, the kids were fucking working class)
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:33 pm

i've already thought the same thing and concluded that they got it from the modern lovers.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:34 pm

the hipshakes are 18 and if they're intelectuals im' a monkeys uncle. although it's easier for an 18 year old to know and love the velvets these days than it was in 77.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Diggler! You listened to our atrocity/masterpiece yet?

Oh exalted God, your opinion is the one we crave most!

Oh yeah that song is mainly stolen from the Velvet Underground.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 4:42 pm

And we are, alas, no longer 18. All but one of us can legally booze in the US now, and by the time we hit your shores with COCOCOMA! this year we will all be legally boozing.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:21 pm

no. i guess my promo copy got lost in the mail.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm

not to sound gay but i'll give you a burn at "practice."
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Weird. I thought the Hipfakes were still 12 and 13. BOO!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Yep, daniel I got it! Its a ton of fun! You gonna be at the Washington record hop next month? I think I'm gonna be playing records as their special guest. 'special' as in retarded. so see you there! Gonna listen to the record again now with pizza and beer.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:34 pm

keep it, faggot. i don;'t listen to cd-r's.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:36 pm

YEAH! i'll be there. You gonna play "At the Hop" at the hop? That would make a lot of sense, it being a record hop and that being a song I know you like and all.

Also I'm trying to organise a record release party soon, I'll let you know!
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:40 pm

it's gonna be in your mouth and everybody's coming.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:50 pm

never heard that joke before
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 5:51 pm

i'll bet.
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm

oh an we won't be needin that fagshakes interview. i'm not interested in them anymore an i don't think our readers are either. can you say over???
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 8:39 pm

our readers

so...by "our readers" you mean YOU?
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 8:40 pm

um, didn't you have to read that to reply?
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm

what're you guys talking about? - I wasn't paying attention.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®