Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Can you remember your very first hangover?
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:37 am

mine was today. all day. actually, i think i was still drunk when i woke up.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:41 am

I remember my last one.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:07 am

I was 16 in Omaha and I just laid on the floor all day. I think it went away at about 8PM.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:13 am

YES! alocohol poisoning for 2 days. sweet sixteen. my mom grounded me for two weeks. my dad let me off after one.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:16 am

I was about 15, got loaded on ouzo and coke. Stumbling drunk, I puked out of a taxi, the floor was spinning so hard I had to hold on, all that stuff.
And in the morning my head was pounding, mouth tasted awful, couldn't eat... that day I swore never to go out, smoke 20 cigarettes and get pissy drunk ever ever again...of course I was young and stupid then.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:26 am

I was about 13-14yrs old, me and a friend slammed a 5th of Vodka straight, in waaay too short of a time span. I am pretty sure that's what we thought was how you were supposed to drink the hard stuff.
next thing I know, my world is spinning and I am crawling to the toilet. The next day my stomach felt like I had been drinking battery acid.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:41 am

New Years Day 1975 - a tequila hangover from a NYE party where the margaritas were in a bottled water dispenser! (way cool and i still think so)

i was 18... i thought my parents had no idea i got drunk. ha! i'm sure they knew

i had a persistent headache all day long
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:46 am

everclear & grapejuice, the summer before college. I had to get up early and take my sister to softball practice. Man...still hurts when I think about it.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:17 am

oh. i forgot to tell ya i had been drinking what we in MS like to call whoop juice. any takers/???
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:59 am

i drank then puked up a ton of canadian mist and pepsi. i still can't drink canadian mist. i got into so much trouble because i let my 14 year old cousin drive because i was beyond wasted. she knew how. she had already stolen a car at that point, so driving underage was nowhere near as bad as her usual shit. i felt like so much shit the next day AND i was grounded forfreakingever.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:53 pm

I remember my first hangover. I was 13 and woke up in a hospital strapped to a bed. That was a real bad hangover
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:19 pm

I think I was 14, shit my bed and puked when I found out the next morning. Haven't puked or shit since, well, at least not in bed.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:44 pm

yes, after a New Years Eve when I was 16....the next day was Sunday, so I had to go to church...Mom had to pull over a few times on the way to church so I could puke....

My worst hangover was thanks to Dtrain...my band was playing in NYC and me, him and this chick Glynnis went out drinking all night . I woke up on Dtrain's kitchen floor with Glynnis and had to find my way to the subway and back to Queens(where the van was). It was July, so it was already gross outside at 8AM, I stumbled to the subway and after about 5 minutes on the subway I started puking, A LOT....all these folks in their suits going to work and my scummy, long haired ass was just hurling all over the damn place. Felt like hell all the way to Detroit......
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm

I was a freshman in highschool and got drunk on everclear and iced tea. My parents were out on the town with an aunt & uncle and I was home with my friend, my 13 year old cousin Heather, and my sister and her friends, having a party. The folks got home to find my friend in bed with my cousin and me barfing on the living room floor.

For punishment I had to stay home and paint the garage the next day, in the middle of the summer with a head splitting hang over.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Yep, 13, Boone's Farm, Tickle Pink.
Gross.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:47 pm | Edited by: 8th Grade Kid

yah, young and a sunday church service... had to go in to church drunk with a gaping gash diagonally planted across the bridge of my nose. scar still stands.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Boone's Farm

oh, Boone's farm, god, that's like *the* drink for underage girls. I remember my older sister and her friend took me to Lillith Fair and they gotta a bunch of Boone's for us to drink in the parking lot. I thought I was so cool.

totally gross. remember the green kind?
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:18 pm

remember the green kind?
Not really.

Bartles and James Peach Schnops was another favorite among us heathens; I have no recollection how we ALWAYS had alcohol - but we did.

I never like beer. And strangely, Mad Dog either.

After that, I went straight to Kentucky bourbon.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:20 pm

I never like beer.

That came later while working at Whole Foods -- I loved the chewiest beer I could find - which may have been McEwan's Scotch Ale. Ewww.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Not really.

oh, well, also gross. don't remember the flavor.

Bartles and James

when I was in 8th grade, I went to Door County with a friend's family and we stole a B&J's strawberry daquari (just one, mind you) and drank it on the beach and we both stumbled around as if it messed us up in any sorta way...which, of course, it didn't.

a year later we were introduced to southern comfort slush...and that actually messed us up.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:50 pm

First time I ever drank we went to the liquor store, bought a bottle of sloe gin, then went next door to the grocery and bought a liter of Sprite. Poured enough Sprite out in the parking lot to pour the sloe gin in, then drove around Barlett drinking straight out of the Sprite bottle.
I don't think I was hungover then, that came later when I discovered the joys of tequila shots, hugging the toilet at a big party, and puking all over this guy I was madly in love with who was madly in love with my best friend.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:38 pm

heh boone's farm. that shit brings back memories. i used to drink bottles and bottles of it. whew. way too sugary. ugh. i never got hangovers from that though, surprisingly enough. i guess cuz i never got really trashed off it.

i hated beer when i was younger. i guess it was an acquired taste. i got over that by the time i was a junior or senior, thankfully. now it's my intoxicant of choice, with bourbon a close second.

soco slush?? how'd ya make that? we were just lazy when i was a senior in high school..we'd just dump a lotta soco into a route 44 cherry limeade from sonic and ride around. :) that shit was good, but i doubt i could drink it now anymore. i haven't touched it in years.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:39 pm

Not really. I do remember the first time I got violently sick on liquor. It was from drinking too much fucking RUM. I will never drink that shit again.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:47 pm

soco slush?? how'd ya make that?

No idea how to make it, but I've seen it at fairs/free music festivals for a couple of years.

My first hangover was on Miller Lite at some party my freshmen year of high school. If my parents caught on they were kind enough to just let me be miserable and not say anything. A few months later after my first trip to Juarez and what must have been gallons of tequila sunrises, I vomited all over some new carpet and they really let me have it.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:47 pm

First drunk-puke was when I was 13 or so and it was the last day of school & I was moving to another school/town the next year. I went to my friend Bob's house at about noon, and we tried a little of everything in the cabinet. I stumbled over to my grandmother's house, feelin' really good, and my old man intercepted me on the way. 5 minutes later I was wobbling around on granny's porch and unloaded my stomach on her porch & bushes & sidewalk. Dad sprayed it down and never bitched about it - I think he understood. I passed out at 6 PM or so, woke up at 2 AM & ate some strawberry shortcake. I felt awesome! Hangovers came later, and later on the parents weren't as understanding, either (they loved waking me up at 7 AM after an hour or two of sleep and forcing me to mow the lawn and shit - they'd stand by a window and laugh at me).
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:55 pm

soco slush?? how'd ya make that?

oh, we didn't...said friend and i met this girl that year and she got us high for the first time and her Mom made it. We stole it from the freezer after her mom went to bed. We took it outside with the grass. I remember sitting on a bench that was next to her garage saying over and over "I'm not high, I'm not high".

Three years later, I met another girl who drank A LOT of Yukon Jack. I'd drink it with her, and needless to say, can't touch YJ anymore. I never could keep up with her though. This was probably around the time of my first hangover, I'd say.

I'll have to try SoCo and cherry limeade though....
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 6:59 pm

i was probably 20 years old when my dad said that the only two ways to avoid a hangover was not to drink or to drink your booze straight because the sugars in the mixers are what make you sick. i've stuck w/ that and have had maybe one or two hangovers in the following 30 years
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:02 pm

Come on... I drink Jack on the rocks plenty and get nasty hangovers. I hear if you take two aspirin with some alka-seltzer before you crash you'll be ok the next day. I'm always too drunk to remember to do it though.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm

I have no recollection how we ALWAYS had alcohol - but we did.

thank god for older brothers and sisters with fakes!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:07 pm

Come on... I drink Jack on the rocks plenty and get nasty hangovers. I hear if you take two aspirin with some alka-seltzer before you crash you'll be ok the next day. I'm always too drunk to remember to do it though.

If you drink enough to know that you hate hangovers then you shouldn't forget. I never do the alka-seltzer thing but I do take water and some aspirin and it works wonders.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:10 pm

i've found that ALEVE cures ALL. I love aleve.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:14 pm

I love aleve.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Acetaminophen is metabolized (eliminated by conversion to other chemicals) by the liver. Therefore drugs that increase the action of liver enzymes that metabolize acetaminophen (e.g. carbamazepine, isoniazid, rifampin) may decrease the action of acetaminophen. The potential for acetaminophen to harm the liver is increased when it is combined with alcohol or drugs that also harm the liver.

I'll pass -- I do enough damage to my liver.
I'll take my chances w/ ibuprofen w/ damages to the stomach.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:17 pm

huh.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:18 pm

Yeah, I'll stick to water the 1 out of 50 times I remember to do anything. Has anybody tried that chaser plus stuff?
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm

i hate aleve. it doesn't do shit but make me tired as all hell.

i take ibuprofen.

chaser works for some people. it did for me, but it gave my friend a nasty headache. i've heard it gives some people a worse hangover than before. but it works for others. you may want to test it out some time when you don't have something important to go to the next day.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:22 pm

I tried chaser...they're stoopid.

You are supposed to take those charcoal pills every two hours while drinking. Just drink a glass water after every drink!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:24 pm

i drink a glass of water for every 2-3 martinis
and i drink a litre of water before going to bed. every night. drunk or not.

the main thing in a hangover is dehydration, so mitigate the dehydration and mitigate the hangover

and i choose ibuprofen over aleve/tylenol any day.

every two hours while drinking.

What?! Again, I'd probably only remember to take it after the first 2 hours.

Is that so you get up early?
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:29 pm

Excedrin Migraine is pretty good to...pain reliever with a healthy dose of caffiene!! My hangovers get worse every time I drink...Im hatin that shit!!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm

a bunch of water and 3 aspirins before I crash out...feel like a champ the next day.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:34 pm

Twelve years old in a small village/commune in Khazakstan following my first real experience with alchohol.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:51 pm

17 years old. Woke up the morning after my first time getting drunk with a raging headache and bucket full of puke next to the bed, which made me puke again. The last thing I remember before blacking out that night was my friend's mom putting me to bed in their guest room and me saying to her, "Lacy...I am so fucked up! I'm gonna do this every weekend from now on."

The only cures for a hangover are time or to start drinking again.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:52 pm

Very 90's: I was in my brother's room, blasting "SuperfuzzBigMuff" by Mudhoney and drinking his six pack. I then puked on the floor. He then came home and kicked my ass. But he never told my out of town parents, which was pretty cool. It's been downhill since, I was 14.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Is that so you get up early?

no - its just a habit i've had for about 30 years.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:01 pm

I don't remember my first one, but I remember the first time I had severe alcohol poisoning. It was New Years' Eve '89. Me and a buddy started ringing in the new year by drinking 3.2 beer he had stolen from the grocery store he worked at. Then I had some wine and a bunch of other shit at various parties we went to. One dude almost beat the shit out of me, 'cuz he thought I was somebody who beat up his friend. I forgot when I started puking, but I was at home by 10:00 puking and diarrheaing like a motherfucker. I didn't feel at all normal until the 3rd. A wonderful way to start the 90's...
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:12 pm

13 years old. Friends parents were out of town so we had a HUGE party. I drank a ton of Beast Ice and jello shots. Spent about an hour laying on the bathroom floor trying not to vomit (I had a vomit phobia back then), finally did, and felt great. Then I proceeded to fall down the stairs to the basement where everyone was hanging out, making an ass out of myself in front of a bunch of cute girls in the process, but didn't care. Drank more and passed out on the couch. I think I actually called my mom for a ride the next day. I have no idea how I hid the hangover/ alcohol stench from her, but I guess I did somehow.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:23 pm

I was about 12 or 13. Friend's parents left town and his older sis and her attractive high school friends were hangin' out all night, and we stole a bunch of their beer and whiskey. One of my 12-year-old friends absolutely devastated a cocky 17-year-old dude in a shot contest. A stupid source of pride, but it was funny watching a kid who'd barely reached the outskirts of puberty emasculate this guy who was condescending to us lil' kids, trying to look tough in front of his girlfriend. By the end of the night we were three sheets etc., mixing Orange Crush with Old Style, Southern Comfort, rum, various schnapps, whatever we could manage to swipe, and we took turns starting his mom's treadmill and sitting on it while it flung us across the room. We also T.P.d someone's house, lit a bag of dogshit on fire on a crush's front porch, and ran around the neighborhood firing cap guns. The next morning we all gathered to help my friend do his paper route at 7 a.m. and there was much vandalism (friend stood atop the hood of a Z28 and pissed all over the windshield, highly amusing) and vomiting as we walked along. My mom had no idea the next day. It was summer, so no missed school.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:30 pm

The absolute worst hangover I have ever had occurred at age 17. A friend and I resigned ourselves to getting fucked up at his house after his parents had changed their mind about leaving town for the weekend, so we locked ourselves in his room with that Chuck Berry "Great 28" disc and drank glass after glass of straight vodka until we were both on the verge of alcohol poisoning. He'd been eating chips and salsa all night, so when we both starting puking in his bathroom (I had sink, he had terlet), he flipped out because he thought he'd been chucking blood. Next morn his asshole dad broke the locked door down at some ridiculous time like 6:00 and screamed, "HEY GUYS, LET'S PARTY!!!" as loud as he could and made me go home. Turns out his parents weren't as dumb as we thought. Missed two days of school and almost had to go to the hospital. Cannot, to this day, drink vodka.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:35 pm

(I had sink, he had terlet),

Me and red eyed willie did this on Cisco one night.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm

I was at a girls party last year and had puh-ups. I can't roll with the college kids no more.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm

Drank a whole bottle of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill in one verocious gulp in the backseat of a car at a football game when I was 13. Got out of the car and felt better than I had ever felt in my life...as I was walking along, talking, laughing, I turned to the side for one brief moment and puked w/o missing a beat. My friends were amazed that I had never really been drunk before cause I was such a NATURAL. That day began the long love affair between me and booze. It never gives me a hangover. It only treats me like a queen. Me + booze. TLF.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:49 pm

Cannot, to this day, drink vodka.

for me, its gin!

on my 21st birthday, my friends made me drink from 21 gin drinks - all different kinds from gin n tonics to tom collins etc.
there was also fish n chips n mushy peas

i was really fucked up. on my knees on the ground clutching myself sick... threw up on a rock star's snakeskin boots under a table upstairs at the starwood. the snakeskin pattern made me dizzy.

but somehow, during the course of the night, i started feeling better, and did not have a hangover the next day.

i tried drinking gin again 6 years later. by the end of the gin-drinking night, i was so sick that i was puking out the window of my car, which someone else was driving to take me home. i had to fly the next day.

no more gin. never
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:55 pm

Flying while you're supremely hungover is nightmarish. 'Specially if it's a tiny plane.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:56 pm

for me, its gin!

Its Tequila for me. I forgot, I HAVE had a hangover... it was on my 17th birthday, my friends threw me a surprise party and bought me a fifth of tequila and a case of 40s of Old E. I drank the tequila and chased it with Old E, I drank the tequila and chased it with strawberry birthday cake (that another friend thoughtfully made for a me), and eventually threw up in the bathroom, in the bedroom, in the front yard, in the side yard and in the backyard. I guess I threw up enough that the hangover wasn't as severe as it could have been... but was still as bad as I have possibly ever had it. Good times! Still can't stand the smell of tequila, much less get it anywhere near my mouth.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:03 pm

verocious
diarrheaing

awesome
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm | Edited by: The Muswell Hillbilly

I don't remember my first hangover, but I do remember tahrab bin urges puking what looked like a large pile of woodchips one of the first times we drank together. I think I was drinking Bud Light and/or Woodchuck or something fruity.

When I was 15 or so, I went to a hotel "party" (like 6-7 high school kids getting drunk in a Comfort Inn) where I witnessed my previously hard-core straight edge friend get drunk for the first time. He could hold his liquor for quite a while, then started very casually puking between sentences. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:13 pm

water skiing in arkansas -- i drank a jug of wine (prob carlo rossi) and a beer -- the boat ran out of gas so we were just bobbing up and down in the middle of the lake -- someone towed us in but i was already puking at this point - i puked like 16 times and as i laid there by the water a snake crawled over me
when i got home my parents actually believed i had sun-stroke
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm

for me, its gin!

Its Tequila for me.

For me it's Southern Comfort. I was fifteen and it was one of the first times I'd been to this local goth/industrial club in town. My first time I ended up being drug home by a twenty something crusty chick with a Nausea patch on her ass. This night my friend and I polished off a 1.75 of Southern Comfort between the two of us within a few hours. We were making out on the dance floor. I was projectile vomiting everywhere. The next monday everyone at his school was talking about how he was making up with some dude, he responded "I'm neither homosexual, nor bisexual, I just have a drinking problem."
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:39 pm

diarrheaing

awesome

It was. My 16 year old body was a supernova of puke and diarrhea for 48 hours straight. I went on a SoCo 7 kick for like a week. God that fucking drink is sticky sweet adn fucking gross. I only drink beer, vodka, whiskey or wine...
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:42 pm

"I'm neither homosexual, nor bisexual, I just have a drinking problem."

Hah! That's what I need to start sayin!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:52 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

14 or 15. Field party. Went between PGA punch and keg far too often, to the point I lost count. Weed? Sure. I'll try it. Hang on. I'm just gonna lie down here for a little while....
My friends grabbed me when the cops showed up and threw me into some girl's car. Well it was her dad's car. Her dad's really, really, really nice car. That I barfed all over. Everyone ended up at the McD's, and my friends re-claimed me and drove me to some other field to walk me around. When they drove me home (in another car), I don't remember how I got in, but I woke up the next afternoon desperately trying to go back to sleep on my floor; oooooooohhhhhh the pain.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 11:24 pm | Edited by: junior

right after i switched from public school to catholic. probably 12 or 13. this girls parents went out of town, she had a few people over to their fancy ass house to drink. everyone was kind of sipping and giggling, my friend jamie and i decided to put a little of everything in big cups and see who could finish first. woke up on the porch in a huge pile of me own barf. the neighbor was cutting his grass at like 730 in the morn, took me about an hour to get the strength to make it back inside and into the bathtub, where i stayed for a real long time
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 4:10 am

My 16 year old body was a supernova of puke and diarrhea for 48 hours straight.

This made me cry laughing.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®