Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Whudja get?
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:42 am

So far, a cordless Dremmel, an apron and some jeans.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 10:27 am | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

An Errol Flynn DVD box set ,chocolate,more chocolate , a box of ribeye steaks, Superman TV show DVD set and an old Guild flat top 12 string. I'm happy.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 1:29 pm

An Oblivians T-Shirt and some money. I spent the night smoking hydro which makes me feel bad today while watching movies by Dario Argento- good Times.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 2:56 pm

This just in...I got an ICE LANTERN MOLD!!!
Will check back later with the whole list.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 2:57 pm

GOLD leather jacket and a kick ass camera lens
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Since I got a Ric last Christmas the trade off was getting some little thigs this year. The kids, as usual, made out like bandits though.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:45 pm

Some awesome framed rock and roll photos, an Oblivians t-shirt, a pocket watch, slippers
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:47 pm

sparks - angst in my pants lp
mike leigh's naked
a bunch of clothes/ shoes
money
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:50 pm

Money, a new pair of boots, and yesterday I bought some new records. That Gino Washington "Love Bandit" LP is killing me right now.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Chuck Taylors
Long Johns
Divorce papers and money to pay for it
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:52 pm

a new pair of boots

I don't know why, but I'ms inging this in my head to the tune of the Pointer Sisters "(I got a) New Attitude"...

Carry on.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 4:56 pm

I got a big bud from my estranged husband, and so far from my mom I've gotten a candle, a toilet brush, a china plate, a colander, and underwear (more to come this afternoon). My sister gave me coffee. My staff gave me candy and the snowman lady gave me another snowman.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:03 pm

I don't know why, but I'ms inging this in my head to the tune of the Pointer Sisters "(I got a) New Attitude"...

This was not the song I was singing when the mailwoman woke me around 9:00 this morning. And since when do they deliver mail on Christmas? Poor lady.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:14 pm

100 bucks(50 of which was spent in the Goner Online Store today), pair of jeans, new flannel shirt.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:46 pm

my parents cleared the debt i owed them which was over a thousand bucks! i also got guitar hero 2!! oh....and a voucher for a plane ticket!! pretty good christmas....
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:55 pm

An Errol Flynn DVD box set ,chocolate,more chocolate , a box of ribeye steaks, Superman TV show DVD set and an old Guild flat top 12 string. I'm happy.

I think you could be the winner so far...
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Well, i guess that's relative.

What's w/ th Oblivians T-Shirts?
Which one?

Did ya'll get the same?
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:05 pm

My lil sis bought be me a bus ticket outta town. My parents got me a MIDI keyboard.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:10 pm

SATANTANGO on 3DVD

bought it myself though...
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:25 pm

apparently Windy was rummaging around at the Goner store and she found me a green one from Blackout 2006 (the shirts sold out too quickly when I was there). woo hoo!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:27 pm

I got a new LiveFastDie T-shirt.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:36 pm

My supercool girlfriend made me one, she just printed the Oblivians logo on a black T-shirt.It looks great and she kept the stencil so I'll have about 100 in a week.

Which one?
Are there "regular" Oblivians T-shirts?If so then please tell me where I can buy them.

I used to hate Christmas in the last years but this one was really nice. I'm still stoned and hungover from yesterday and it feels good. I'm very slow and I eat a lot.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:46 pm

1 pair jeans
1 wallet
3 mix cd's
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 sac with cookies
5 pounds fatter

and if somebody downstairs stops watching MythBusters, maybe I'll have a crocheted dust cover for my record player. with UFO in the middle, natch.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 7:09 pm

My best gift was some under things that didn't fit me. Then my gift unwrapped itself. Merry Christmas everybody.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Drum machine!!!
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Are there "regular" Oblivians T-shirts?

Timebomb Tom gave me his off his back after (jokingly) buggin him all day about it cause I'd never seen one before at Garageshock '98. At the end of the night after going bananas during Quadrajets insane sweat-pit -- he bought a GS shirt cause his was soaked, changed and then just gave it to me. I was STOKED. It's the topless chick in leather boots w/ whatever that whip thing-y is called.

And then I've seen that three-switchblade one a few times -- everyone that I've ever seen looked seriously one-of-a-kind rough/rough. Great.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 9:04 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

roland barthes 1st ed pleasure of the text
goner certificate
new pjs and socks
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 10:34 pm

A garden gnome.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Epiphone LP Jr. w/P-90
totally sweet universal remote control
Banksy "Wall and Peace" book
a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 year old bourbon
and a bunch of other stuff
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 11:22 pm

a bunch of cool stuff(including the Studio One documentary), but the really cool thing was that instead of being wrapped, all my presents from my girl were in vintage 45 and LP carrying cases! Got a cool metal side by side 45 case, two other metal 45 cases and a cool Old LP carrying case. She knows me, she really knows me!
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 2:04 am

I got an iPod nano! It's SOOOO cute!!! I also got socks and undies, the No Direction Home dvd, a donation made on my behalf to charity, and the best for last...$10 to CULVERS!!! YEAH!!! BUTTERBURGS!! YEAH!!! CHRISTMAS!!! YEAH!!!
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 2:32 am

A shelf.
Mixing bowls.
Several food storage things (tupperware-like, but not actual tupperware).
Two shirts.
A portable workbench thing.
A pair of pajama pants.
A Lowe's giftcard.
A dying transmission (stupid car).
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:08 am

so I'll have about 100 in a week.

are the Oblivians making any cash off this?
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:09 am

I got a 80 gb I Pod, now my ass has to figure this shit out....
god, I'm retarded.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 5:55 am

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 9:37 am

Clothes, one of those "weird, almost-disposable seeming off brand mp3 players that's like a flash drive and cheap headphones", an amazing oil painting of my niece and nephew by by niece, and best of all a new girlfriend that I won't make you sick telling about how cool she is. But, yeah...cool!

I got my nephew a crazy western shirt with Bigfoots and/or Yetis wearing Rolexes embroidered on it.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 11:11 am

a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 year old bourbon

Major score. That's some goooood bourbon.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 12:53 pm

so I'll have about 100 in a week.

are the Oblivians making any cash off this?

No they won't, neither will I.It wasn't meant that serious.
I'm gonna make myself some more-for my own personal use. Apart from that you can't use a stencil that often.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:38 pm

I got a
- linoleum print of Abe Lincoln, a custom paint by numbers by my hubby of garden gnomes and another one of Lemmy, our dead dog.
- An already used ticket to Orlando,
-a kitchen island which I am really excited about because now I have some counter space!
-a heinous purse from my mother
-bully video game
-robot chicken dvds
-a Hooked on Jesus beverly hills christian club tee shirt
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:43 pm

linoleum print of Abe Lincoln
I've spent the last five minutes being perplexed by this. Linoleum? Like the thin, plastic flooring? Is it framed or something? Does it go on your floor? Is this a common artistic medium? Why am I stuck thinking about this? Slow work day? Shorter work week? Abe Lincoln?
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:45 pm

My question was about the robot chicken dvds...
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:52 pm | Edited by: Argh

Its like a wood block print or a potato print, but its carved into a piece of linoleum (I think its special linoleum specifically for this purpose, so different than the floor stuff), then inked and put on paper. its coooool.

I never saw robot chicken, my husband just thought I would think it was funny, although I don't think he has seen it either. I actually said "hmmm, weird" when I opened it.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 4:11 pm

I actually said "hmmm, weird" when I opened it.

that's what i said when i got this strange, profane, t-shirt and some crappy records for Christmas!
(just kidding)
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 6:05 pm

What do I care!? I already spend the money! TAKE THAT, HUNGRY LITTLE MABEL! PS, can you call me later? I wanna go with you tonight. '

also, thank your wifefriend for the balls! They were delish, but paul said her balls were too rich for him.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 6:09 pm

I didn't really get anything from my family. 2 pairs of underwear, a pair of socks, some candy....that's about it. My girlfriend got me "Harrold Lloyd's Hollywood Nudes in 3-D" book, a book on vintage Halloween decorations, and that "Punk, the whole story" book that MOJO Magazine put out...it's a pretty dumb book, and nowhere near "the whole story", but it's got some really great pictures that I haven't seen elsewhere that make it all worthwhile. I also got "Freddie Got Fingered" on dvd....and that's about it.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 6:09 pm | Edited by: elle

robot chicken rules. :) i have the set of them. it's great for people with a short attention span. it's all short clips of claymation and toys in stop action doing funny shit.

i got:
a 30gb video ipod
some really awful smelling bath stuff
some really awful chenille socks that are lavender in color
pajama pants
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of black pants
a haircut
goner gift certificate
an american express money card
lots of chocolates (if anyone likes chocolate covered cherries, holler cuz i hate them)
one of those 20 questions games
an ugly necklace
and money

and i too also got a heinous purse from my grandma. and some weirdo turban towel thing. don't ask cuz i don't know why either.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:00 pm

walked out on by my wife for being an idiot and asshole

Seriously?
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:01 pm

I got:

two different fuzz pedals (I asked for one of the two, but my wife bought me both of them

A Neil Young Bootleg CD (live 73 on the Tonight's The Night tour)

Guitar Strings

Socks

uhhh... something else, I think. I bought a Computer for the family.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:08 pm

I also got one of those meat syringes with a pretty big needle.

Other than terrifying the child, chasing him around the house with it, I'm not sure when I'm going to use it.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:08 pm

- bottle of Woodford Reserve (Bourbon)
- bottle of Wyborowa Single Estate (Vodka)
- bottle (iridescent and old, but machine made) for the bottle tree I'm building as soon as my neighbors start trashing their Christmas trees
- bottle opener, stoppers, corkscrew...bar set made out of antler handles (kinda creepy)
- a 'secret' Santa gift I still haven't opened

I got an ICE LANTERN MOLD!!!
um, what exactly is that?
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:09 pm

Oh, and an apron. I got an apron.
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:42 pm

Divorce papers and money to pay for it

Same here. Going down to legal aid to finalize everything this week. And a digital camera, a St. Pauli soccer team t-shirt, money, and German beer.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 12:50 am

Lisa got me:
--New leather jacket! - black leh-thah...cool western cut...
--'Kingdom Come' by Alex Ross : HC edition (she was wanting to buy me 'New Frontier' by Darwyn Cooke, but couldn't remember the title, & mistakenly ordered this one instead - oh well, its cool too)
also got:
--'Graphire' infrared pen stylus/mousepad for drawin' stuff on the computer.... wireless!... pen-like! - I needed it!! Awesome!
--couple of tee shirts - one w/Chistopher Lee & another w/the alien politician from "They Live" on the front....
--mom sent me some socks, pajama pants, Hulk DVD, Star Wars Ep.4 DVD (classic, non-Lucasized version)....
--dad gave us $150 Amazon gift certificate, with which I ordered the Complete Stax/Volt Singles Vol. 1 & Lisa got a book on Mid-Century design & an orange toaster.....
--We also got some stuff at an antique mall on our way back from Columbus: cool tin wind up blue poodle, ker-azy tin wind-up monkey (with a psychotic grin on his face), a big plastic bank with a weird green guy's head poking out of a money $ack, Everly Bros. "Problems" 45 on Candence, and a PRISTINE (looks like it's never been played!!) "Hide & Go Seek Pts. 1 & 2" by Bunker Hill on Mala....they also had the original version of "Transfusion" by Nervous Norvus, but it was too much... whoever's booth this was had some WAY cool 45's at decent prices and most were in good (if not great) shape....
Damn good Xmas this year!!
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 12:53 am

oh yeah - I also got a cold...
>cough<!
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:24 am

bottle of Woodford Reserve (Bourbon)

This is also good booze. Some lucky Goners out there this year.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:31 am

i got one of those things you put on your chair that gives you a shiatsu massage
and some dark chocolates
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:34 am

records an an amazon gift certificate i'm gonna turn into the angry samoans box set an some bukowski.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:53 am

* wonderful meals and bottomless glasses of wine spent with great friends.

* an adorable photograph of my baby nephew.

* a hefty gift certificate to whole foods that I just blew on mussels and thick steak and tangy cheese and arugula.

* 7 pairs of lacy undies with a day of the week emblazoned on each one. uh huh!

* clothes

* a table crafted out of teak from my dad. "I Collect Artists" is my new motto.

* a date on Christmas Eve.

a very good year.

That Gino Washington "Love Bandit" LP is killing me right now.

eric, Out of This World moved mountains for me.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 3:02 am

Just ordered that one from Norton, along with the Bunker Hill 45 and the Mighty Hannibal LP. Finished up shopping for the folks and lil' brother today and rewarded myself for braving the post-Xmas element downtown with some D.H. Lawrence and Flannery O'Connor. And tomorrow I'm finally gonna buy that mind-melting X-X 45. Christmas money's treating me just fine this year.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 3:06 am

By the way, '06 fuckin' sucked, thanksverymuch, and though I don't subscribe to the idea that every year is a new chapter, every 365 is a new cycle in etc., I sure am glad that '07 is almost here. Jesus. At least I can pretend that some shit's way back there...
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 3:11 am

new year, 'nother chance. have hope. and show up dec 30 at the criminal IQ shindig. i've got like a one hour window for beer and revelry.

hannibal is gonna KILL YOU too. enjoy them both deeply.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:30 pm

I got an ICE LANTERN MOLD!!!
um, what exactly is that?

I even used it last night! My Crate and Barrel friend was having conniptions over it!! It's a mold that's shaped like a star. You fill it up with water and freeze it, then unmold it and put a candle in the middle of it. I put it in a shallow bowl and put nandina berries around it. The candle burns in it, and it's weird, but pretty. I thought it was a very strange thing to get but...

I also got -
one of those toppers you put on your bed, AND a really poofy mattress pad. I spend a lot of time on my bed, and now it's HEAVEN!

some books
two ornaments
a DVD my boy thought I'd like (High Fidelity)
Harry Potter DVD
a bottle of sea salt (?)
a 20 questions thing (I love those!)
a black and white battery powered little TV/radio so I'll never have to be afraid of power outtages again!
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 2:38 pm

Oh, and a wooden shoe made into a lamp.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 3:35 pm

I got...

50 bucks
200 piece dremmel set from my son
unknown gifts from friends( have not picked them up yet)
Miss faye and I bought each other kayaks that still have to be picked up at bass pro shops this week.

i also got guitar hero 2!!
Hey April, is this the game on playstation where you are in the rock band and if you don't play the song correctly they boo you off stage?

My son got some game where you can play "shout at the devil" and "mother" and like seven more for his playstation. It kicks ass
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 4:01 pm

-my first digital camera-it's red and little and cute

-Andy made me a sweatshirt with an ostrich on it, he sewed some cuffs on my leather jacket (the sleeves were too short before) and got me some green x-mas chuckies

-that terrible best of the Kinks Come Dancing record from my sister, but whatever, it was really thoughtful

-a crock pot!!

-a donation to a Milwaukee area after-school kid's program in my name
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 4:03 pm

I gots all kindsa shits:

Table Saw
Router
New Chucks
Cramps Video
buncha other shit
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm

A bath robe
"Snow" by Orhan Pamuk
A leatherman multi-tool
Headphones
Used record player
Whiskey glasses and a bottle of Bowmore 12-year single malt scotch
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 8:01 pm

I made out like a bandit.
a 3.5mm fisheye lens
a bunch of other camera accesories
a four pack of Wine in juice boxes
a sewing machine
a hanemade wooden jewelery box
fancy toffees and chocolate
the Peanuts 1959-1960 book
Plus some other booty that I'm forgetting
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 8:08 pm

I was really happy to get to have dinner with some dear friends this year. THat was the best part. They got me a $20 gift certificate to Starbucks and a DVD of Pride & Prejudice.

Although my mom didn't mail me my Chanukah gift, I know what it is. TWO VINTAGE UKULELES! She found them in a thrift store a couple of months ago. I can hardly wait! I will get them when I go to California next week.

Oh, and I bought myself one of those ipod alarm clock docking station things.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 8:58 pm

My cousin gave me a busted up banjo for me to repair. His brother hooked me up with a copy of his 'zine/comic and the number to his acid connection.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 9:06 pm

Awesome slippers.
Freaks & Geeks box set.
Wüsthof chef's knife and accompanying ceramic steel sharpener and dual surface diamond sharpening system.
A bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail scotch.
A wallet.
A gold and diamond tie clasp of some sort. Don't ask me, I haven't the foggiest.

A total and complete loathing for mother's sister and brother and complete understanding of why my mother won't try to keep in touch with them after my grandmother passes away.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Freaks & Geeks box set.
except for the last episode, one of my fav shows ever
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Stooges sweater
"3/3" LP
"Funhouse" LP
"Samurai Seven" dvd pack
"Hilarious House of Frightenstein" dvd set
socks
"Searchers" dvd
Lupin 3rd manga
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Oldboy box w/comic
scarf
hat
draws
new Murakami book
Eli Wallach autobio
cash from grandma
Proposition dvd
World War Z audiobook (my first: voices by Carl/Rob Reiner, Jurgen Prochnow, Rollins, Alan Alda)
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 9:59 pm

new Murakami book
which one?
i just got like 5 from a touring band, most definitely thieved, for 30 bux...love murakami
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 10:08 pm

"Searchers" dvd
Hells yeah! My favorite movie of all time.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 10:20 pm

lastname:
get the CD version of the mighty hannibal record. i hate to say it, but thats like the only record i can think of where the CD version is better. so many good tracks are left off the LP. the liners are fuckin great too.

for christmas:
all i got was a gift card to trader joe's. i probably won't get the the front of the line until 2008.
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 10:21 pm | Edited by: cthort

new Murakami book
which one?

Blind Woman, Sleeping Willow-short stories
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 10:22 pm

I got to go NOLA n get down with TSOT!!!!!!!!!!
I also think I might have helped stuff JOE Ts stocking
b-boom
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:07 am

Studio One documentary

details please.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:49 am

I also think I might have helped stuff JOE Ts stocking

Whoah.

details please.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:35 am

sweet kozik mao bust with disney ears limited to 100 and signed from my wife
from myself sonic's rendevous band box, iggy box , black and whites 7", gentleman jessie7". black rose 7", and fucking awesome dust first album that i haven'e heard for years

iggy box , hey eric or zac, you are getting this in for me correct? i'll be out of town until the 2nd, but set it aside, thanks
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 9:04 am

Studio One documentary

details please.

I suppose this one...
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:08 pm

three bottles of red wine
a bottle of champaign
a bottle of Southern Comfort
a litre bottle of Grants whiskey
Hex Enduction Hour by the Fall
an Afro Ken money box
Shattered by the Exploding Hearts
two M Sasek picture books ('this is venice' and 'this in new york')
jeans
24 cans of lager
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:45 pm

i got an ipod -- started loading it last night - so far its got
spits - 19 million ac cd & 1st s/t
wipers - is this real?
penetrators - teenage anthology
persuaders - forced to fuck
moto - kill moto

i'm gonna have to get one of those turntables with a usb port to max my ipod rockin potential
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:46 pm

How did Ciera make out? You two musta been going crazy for her this xmas!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:53 pm

she's at the age where the box is just as exciting to her as what's in it - so we just loaded her up with boxes
actually we made the mistake of getting her too many toys that make noise - gonna drive us fucking insane
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:55 pm

I like noise. Maybe I'll get around to coming over and playing with my neice in 'o7.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Studio One documentary

details please.

its a 4 hour DVD with tons of footage and interviews with Coxsonne Dodd, Ken Boothe, Alton Ellis...all the OG Jamaican cats...really good. Cool to hear stories of Dodd DJing in the early 50s! He had a whole soundsytem built and dude would DJ battle with Duke Reid, with RnB 78s! Also has the only known fotage of the Skatalites on it. It lost my interest when it got into the late 70s dancehall shit (Cant stand that stuff), but it is only a smidgen of the 4 hours....
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:23 pm

What's the title? I'm gettin' that fucker. I can't get enough vintage ska in my life.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:26 pm

hit the link luke batarang posted a few posts above....
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:32 pm

sweet.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:29 pm

I'm pretty sure I've got all the stuff on the CDs/LPs already, but it stinks that there isn't an option to buy the LPs with a NTSC DVD .

And I totally agree DCR. However, considering what short notice they had that F&G wasn't coming back, they probably could have done a lot worse with the final episode.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:32 pm

did i ever tell you losers about the time i stepped on coxsone dodd's foot while i was lookin at records in his van???
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:34 pm

Probably, but I missed it. Do tell.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:57 pm

did he shoot you, or have some one else shoot you
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:58 pm

i'm gonna have to get one of those turntables with a usb port to max my ipod rockin potential
Don't do the USB port thing. I have this phono preamp with USB output, and until recently I was using it to make recordings. Every once in a while I'd be listening to the recordings afterwards and there would be a part of a song where a beat or fraction of a beat was missing. I think there must have been some sort of latency issues or something. Anyway, I switched from the USB output to the RCA outputs and then into the soundcard line-in, and it works so much better. I'm actually enjoying transferring music now with no frustration at all.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:59 pm

Oh yeah. I got a late present yesterday in the mail from my grandad. I got a new Liverpool FC jersey, and a Liverpool beach towel with my name embroidered on it. Yes!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 7:50 pm

A few pairs of socks, a few shirts, a pair of jeans and some soap...
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Chanel No 5 YAY!
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 5:43 am

I got a cute lil' ipod shuffle, season three of 24 (yes!), a Rolling Stones baseball tee that's bedazzled and shit and whiskey and chocolates. Oh, and some money, which I spent on records yesterday.
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 6:26 am

The Samurai Trilogy! Yahooey!
A biography of Tennessee Williams.
A $75 dollar gift cert. for tools.
A book of old photographs of New York.
A Nick Tosches book.
Some kisses
A book of famous speeches.
A tiger by the tail

...but I ain't got you! Bauaarraawroohwaawroohwaawr!!!
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 9:13 pm

Chanel "knock off" sweater
Jasmine cologne
cool wallet and $70
lots of body lotion
bed frame
gift cards to Fresh Market & Outback
cookies, chocolate, and champagne
60's velvet vintage jeans
leg warmers
Posted: Dec 29, 2006 9:42 pm

A really awesome Wally Wood bio
Devilman DVD
new wallet
Frazetta book
that Rhino Soul/Funk box
lots of other goodies...and a fucking mortgage.
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 1:19 am

Wally Wood bio?....whuh?.....
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 2:30 am

It's this: Wally's World: The Brillant Life and Tragic Death of Wally Wood, the World's 2nd Best Comic Book Artist (check Amazon).

Lots of pics/illos and Clowes cover art, I can't speak of the content until I actually read the thing but it looks pretty ace.

If this sorta thing is up your alley try to dig up an old early Blab with the "alcoholic cartoonists" article. I could photocopy it, if your like REALLY REALLY into seein' it and can't find it...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®