Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Everly Brothers - "Christmas Eve Can Kill You"
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 8:18 pm

We're finishing up the last of the holiday baking and listening to some homemade x-mas comps. This song came on and we realized that if Greg C/Ed O were to cover it, we'd be wrecked to the point of tears. C'mon Norton!
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 8:29 pm

You probably already know this song. If not...

http://www.box.net/public/eizm2icgva
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 10:09 pm

my mom lives down the street from Phil Everly (who in my opinion should live in more than say. a 180 thou dollar at most house) I\'ve been trying to screw up the courage for a couple of years to walk down there and go \" ...uh, you\'re great.\"
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 10:50 pm

I heard that Phil was in really poor health these days. ?
Posted: Dec 24, 2006 12:13 am

Guitar Maniacs here in Tacoma (killer guitar store without the assholes) carries these guitar strings for sooper cheap, and the string company is owned by the Everly's. It used to be you could get 6 strings for $2, now it's like $4 (bass strings were $8/set, now like $12). Not the best quality, but they were the place to go for tour, and I sent all touring bands there to stock up. Sounded ok for a short time, and held up decently. Just sold them loose w/no packaging. Anyway...
Posted: Dec 24, 2006 7:18 am

I've never heard this before but have heard about it a bunch of times. Good stuff.

I once put "Jesus Christ" by Big Star and "Winter" by the Stones on a Christmas mix tape once and people got irate saying "Those aren't seasonal songs."
Posted: Dec 24, 2006 8:37 am

"My Last Christmas" might be as depressing...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®