Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Atlanta Goners?
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 2:44 am

just moved here from memphis...anywhere i should go besides L5P?
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 5:19 am

you lookin for nightlife or record stores? you can get a good beer in L5P and criminal records and wax n fax are ok to good but there's lots of boner punx and transients on the weekends. stay away on friday and saturday.
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 2:56 pm | Edited by: valery

Yeah, what kind of things are you looking for? I would stay away from L5P unless for some reason you absolutely have to go there.

Carbonas are playing the Drunken Unicorn on December 27 (hopefully with the Black and Whites if they get the date mix-up all straightened out). You should come out to that and meet some people.
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 2:57 pm

Yeah, what kind of things are you looking for? I would stay away from L5P unless for some reason you absolutely have to go there.

Carbonas are playing the Drunken Unicorn on December 27 (hopefully with the Black and Whites if they get it all straightened out with the date mix-up). You should come out to that and meet some people.
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 3:00 pm

welcome!
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 10:05 pm

trey's gay!
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 10:41 pm

trey's gay!

i'm not the one who has cigarette burns on my cock
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 10:45 pm

why do you know what his dick looks like, fag?
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 11:01 pm

i've never seen it, although he's tried to show me several times.
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 1:17 am

If you haven't been to the East Atlanta Village yet (2-3 miles from L5P), the EARL and Gravity Pub are two of the preferred places to have a beer. The EARL has Goner frindly shows on occasion, too.
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 4:11 am

WHAT'S with the anti-L5P sentiment? Didn't we all waste our youth there at one point in time?

Blah. Atlanta's dead
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 4:54 am

l5p's not so bad. there are a lot of douchebags that hang out on the weekends but that's the same for most anywhere. try going to lenox mall on the weekend. its a little bit worse.

but l5p: el myr is good for drinks sometimes. brew house too. aurora's got tommy chung behind the counter who always gives me free espresso, and the folks at criminal rec's let me use their employee discounts. savage pizza is good. and there's this blue note records book i want at acapella books.
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 7:11 am

Try to catch Rhythm and Booze every 3rd Sat at El Myr. Tim Lawrence hosts it, has a great revolving rosterof guest DJs too.

mark yer calendar for Jan 12 at the Earl,
Mighty Hannibal b/w Black Lips
Reigning Sound
Gentleman Jesse

and the following night at Octane will be the regular Agent 45 funky R&B party with Greg Cartwright and Kurt Wood among the guest DJ's...
Posted: Dec 22, 2006 12:38 am

is there much of a dirty hole in the wall, drunken fest like murphys or buccaneer? or late night after party shows like at the armory?
Posted: Dec 22, 2006 2:36 pm

L5P has a nice dirty little pizza joint and i saw unsane there years back as one of my favorite shows of all time. the kids do suck thoug. lots of uber-modern punk rock cartoons wandering homeless.
Posted: Dec 22, 2006 3:04 pm

there was a great hole in the wall bar up until a couple months ago when it had to close down to make way for condos. they moved into a new location but weren't able to bring the vibe with them.

as far as shows go its pretty much the drunken unicorn for late nights. its a great place though, just not a hole in the wall.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:00 am

after Lennys closed the well for hole in the walls is pretty much dry. The Highlander i guess.. if you want a (sic) upscale hole.
Posted: Dec 25, 2006 5:48 pm

s there much of a dirty hole in the wall, drunken fest like murphys or buccaneer?

I've never been to Murphy's, but I'd consider The Buccaneer as nicer than just about anywhere I frequent in Atlanta.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®