Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hibachi Stranglers 7"
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 10:47 pm

the reviews are starting to come in. We're running out of thecolor vinyl so get them while you still can. Only through Floridas Dying:
from S-S website
I've been to Mobile, Alabama twice and both times it sucked. The first time, we were invited to stay with a teen, who didn't tell his folks and whose folks were quite upset that they had two strange punkers in their house. The teen and his excited younger sibling fought for our visit with all the vigor you could expect from strangers. Finally we got to sleep outside, which was fine by us. The teen joined us all the while cursing his parents. He also curesed that Mobile was a place with nothing to do. I listen to the Hibachi Stranglers and I hear the same kind of "fuck you Dad"/"my town sucks" punk rock pioneered by the great Angry Samoans, who have a pretty strong hold on these folks. Great garage punk that flails about with much excitedness. A very pleasant surprise! 500 press on orange vinyl.

Victim Of Time
Mobile, Alabama's Hibachi Stranglers have just released one of the best debut singles of the year on Florida's Dying and their brokenly bombastic beauty of a trainwreck will make you a believer within seconds. Like the Black Lips seen through the eyes of a teenage Metal Mike, but without the 60s influences.

www.floridasdying.com

coming soon on Floridas Dying
The Electric Bunnies 7"
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 10:54 pm

This Hibachi Stranglers record will ruin your Xmas..... if you don't have it.
Posted: Dec 16, 2006 12:22 am

another write up on Victim Of Time today
www.victimoftime.com
Posted: Dec 16, 2006 8:53 pm

it rulez yes
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:31 pm

The Fact that this fantastic debut erupted from Mo-fucking-bile, Alabama has gotta send shivers down the spines of "punk mecca" inhabitants of every stripe. The HIBACHI STRANGLERS have that outta-nowhere greatness that makes you wonder just how they did it: the sont of Angry Samoans (the vox cause a double-take) coupled with a choppy guitar attack, precision trash production, and an intelligent handle on making god outta yer own feces. "Parking Lot" depicts a world of shit... yet remains one of the best tunes I've heard all year. Who knew? Get this or kick yourself come year-end top ten time. (MC)
MAximum Rock N Roll

The Hibachi Stranglers were #1 on my list of bands-I-have-heard-of-but-never-actually-heard for quite some time based solely on their name. Hibachi Stranglers. Ridiculous yet cool. And for once, I'm not disappointed when finally hearing a band off said list. "Parking Lot" contains some eerliy Saunders-ian sounding stream-of-consciousness voxing (with great lyrics), backed by some doofy "oh-oh-oh-oh"-ings, while the rhythm section tumbles out some primo lo-fi low-end and muffled drumming. Then some cranked guitar steps in every few moments and just cleaves the whole thing apart. Ace-sounding punk damage. The B-Side took a few listens to finally sink in, but is nearly as good as the A-Side. The Metal Mikey-esque yammering is replaced with some alternating gang-yells and a monotone chorus delivered deadpan-style whilst the guitar player goes onna slashing rampage and the bass grumbles even deeper than before. Not what I was expecting at all, and a whole lot more than I was hoping for, this provides some from-left-field sounds inna definite punk-type vein. Florida's Dying's finest release to date. A+ record, will listen to again. Scum stats: first 100 on red vinyl with blue sleeve, the rest on black with white sleeve.(RK)
Terminal Boredom
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:06 pm

PARKING LOT!

great.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:10 pm

I love this record & can't wait for more.
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:23 pm

they have a single coming out on Jeth-row hopefully in time for the June tour, and we are shooting to have the full length done by hte end of the year
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:46 pm

yeah, it good.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®