Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / moustaches must go!
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:31 pm

they suck!

shave them now all who are adorned with such hideousness!!!!
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:32 pm

Yeah....so 4 years ago.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:33 pm

fuck you. lush and lovely, and looks great with my beard.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:34 pm

Yeah....so 4 years ago.

but mine's just starting to come in real good now
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:43 pm

Mike Sniper is allowed a moustache. I don't know why, he just is.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:49 pm

if it with a beard its part of the beard...solo staches are dumb.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:51 pm

sacco and vanzetti beg to differ.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:52 pm

One of the last nails to be driven into the coffin of Irony.

The solo-stache actually looks good on the occasional person, but I tend to look not only like a cop, but a gay cop with one.

A full beard is my friend.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:55 pm

what would Iron Sheik say to this?
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:58 pm

Shit, beards are way worse. Remember when beards were stupid? I do. It was today, right now, as I'm typing this.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:59 pm

The other night at a party I was ready to let somebody carve my beard into a sweet Hulk Hogan style moustache. I think it might actually happen this weekend.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:01 pm

Shit, beards are way worse.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

The whole beard thing is way out of hand! A bunch of Amish dudes walking around looking like my dad in 1976. I don't get it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:04 pm

George Harrison was lookin pretty NASCAR in that picture. That shit worked pretty well for him.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:10 pm

men with mustaches should at least show more chest if they are going to have the stache.

http://www.leahfaust.com/fausthaus_blog/cactus1.jpg
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:20 pm

Heshers with beards are alright by me.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:21 pm

But if you're 20-something and you've got a $50 mullet cut and you're wearing an "I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING" tee, DIE.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:31 pm

$50 mullet cut

they cost that much?
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:34 pm

they cost that much?

if you go to one of the high dollar midtown salons, of course they will cost that much. apparently some people think it's "ironic" to have a mullet and a mustache.

i'd rather hang out with people that have a mullet and a moustache and watch nascar that think irony has something to with a household appliance than the people who think mullets themselves have anything to do with irony.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:35 pm

They do if you go to a "men's salon."
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:38 pm

There's this asshole who's always waiting for the train or the bus right around where I live, very well-dressed, you can tell he spent big bux on his shoes and pants and tie and jacket and shit, and he's got a neatly trimmed beard and a mullet and he looks like a total fucking idiot. I'm sure his gullible and easily impressed secretary from Forest Hill Knolls Grove Park, IL, thinks he's a hunk of prime fuckmeat. I dunno. I've grown to hate the guy on principle. Never heard him talk or anything. Could be a saint. But anyone who's more vain than I am doesn't deserve to enter my field of vision.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:43 pm

Sounds like my old boss. He has a mullet and lives in Chicago. He also tucks in his sweaters, though...
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:44 pm

Not him. This guy looks like he only shits in Urban Outfitters.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:56 pm

I dunno, up north beards serve a function. They keep your face warm. If you're going to call out beards you better also call out side burns, which are just as ridiculous just as often as beards are, but are for some reason accepted and endorsed by the garage mafia.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:57 pm | Edited by: alex cuervo

beards rule!
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:57 pm

i have a beard now. mostly out of laziness, but also to keep me warm this winter. hate em myself, especially since i was surrounded by them in gainesville, but i dont give a fuck. i'm keeping in it for a while.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 10:59 pm

Sounds like my old boss. He has a mullet and lives in Chicago. He also tucks in his sweaters, though...

Ned Hayden is your boss?
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 11:03 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

I think the exception to the rule are beards based on historical figures from the Russian Revolution. Alex, your beard rules because it makes you look like Rasputin. Lenin inspired beards are cool, but Lennon inspired beards are not.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 11:08 pm

Fuck that. Mustaches and mullets are not ironic, they're idiotic. If you REALLY want to be ironic, sport a goatee and bowl-cut.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:22 am

sport a goatee and bowl-cut.

Dude, stylists troll boards like this. You're gonna see a gang of Pete Rose-lookin' dudes at the Golden Globes this winter ...
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:26 am | Edited by: mikesniper

There's nothing ironic about my moustache.

Idiotic, now that's possible.

I dunno, I grew mine in a contest 5 or 6 years ago. Now whenever I shave it, my girlfriend says I look "weird."

It's just hair. Who fucking cares?

Oh and Arturo's growing facial hair to make himself a better film-maker. Most great film-makers have had facial hair at some point. Arturo's not one to fuck with tradition.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:28 am | Edited by: le chev

I sport a goatee since my jawline is weak. Can't get a bowl cut since my hairline is receding. Can't grow a very good mustache 'cuz I have a huge dogbite scar above my lip. Can't grow a very good beard 'cuz it would have bald spots from zit scars....
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:46 am

Still waiting for Seamus to chime in on this hot button issue.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 1:32 am

I sport a goatee since my jawline is weak. Can't get a bowl cut since my hairline is receding. Can't grow a very good mustache 'cuz I have a huge dogbite scar above my lip. Can't grow a very good beard 'cuz it would have bald spots from zit scars....

Ned, is that you?
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 1:33 am

= Most great film-makers have had facial hair at some point.

You must be talking about George Lucas.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 1:41 am

Don't get me started. Ryan shaved his beard to get his driver's license with a Doc Holladay stache and I have been sad since...until today when I think I actually started getting used to it. Frightening. I begged him to only keep it a week. I can tell he really likes it, so big deal on what anyone else thinks, inc. me.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 2:09 am

$50 mullet cut

they cost that much?

My wife works as a hairdresser and she charges more than $50 for ANY haircut, ironic or otherwise. Anyone who would be willing to pay that much for a mullet deserves to pay that much for a mullet.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 3:38 am

Ned, is that you?

I wish!!!!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 5:27 am

My wife works as a hairdresser and she charges more than $50 for ANY haircut, ironic or otherwise

What product does she endorse? Can she select what she wants or does the salon always have that call?
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 5:31 am

No one rocks the Pete Rose hair-do like Eric Apnea.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 5:42 am

Pete Rose
except for pete rose
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 2:13 pm

Burt Reynolds is pretty hot. His moustache can stay.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 2:46 pm

Facial hair in general is OK if you're over 40, and not OK if you're under 40. In a few years I'll have the slickest handlebar stache you titmice have ever seen.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 3:01 pm

Still waiting for Seamus to chime in on this hot button issue.

If you wear a stache for irony, that's pretty low. If you take the time to comment on other peoples facial hair, that's just worse. Some people just need to worry about their own ugly damn face.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 3:08 pm

Wait until I start commenting on pubic hair. I'll win the moral limbo.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 3:47 pm

Some people just need to worry about their own ugly damn face

Wow! I agree!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:12 pm

Without moustaches, how will we know who's gay and who isn't?
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:16 pm

If their dick tastes like shit...
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:18 pm

If you wear a stache for irony, that's pretty low. If you take the time to comment on other peoples facial hair, that's just worse. Some people just need to worry about their own ugly damn face.

I agree, and I can't really decide on the turning point for this ultra-selfconciousness amongst the punk/rock and roll, indie, etc. set, or maybe this comes and goes. Like it or not "image" has been a part of popular (or unpopular in our case) music from the beginning.

That being said my "look" has become more about working against my physical shortcomings than trying to emulate some role model.

No chin/Hate shaving= Beard me( but not one of those big, bushy monsters)
Lazy/Dislike of hair styles/products=Bowl, and/or Shaggy

This is all quite important, gentlemen!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:22 pm

The ladies like the way it tickles the thighs.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:50 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

i'd rather hang out with people that have a mullet and a moustache and watch nascar that think irony has something to with a household appliance than the people who think mullets themselves have anything to do with irony.

That sums up why I reside in Bartlett. You hardly see mullets in the burbs anymore, but at least the one's you do see are worn with sincerity. They think they're sportin' the coolest doo ever.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 6:47 pm

What product does she endorse? Can she select what she wants or does the salon always have that call?
I don't know if she would "endorse" any particular product, even though she is her salon's Bumble & Bumble "Network Educator" (don't ask), but her salon carries Bumble & Bumble, Goldwell, and Renee Furterer products. They may also carry some KMS products. I'll try and get her to log-on here sometime and put in some recommendations.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 9:02 pm

I'll try and get her to log-on here sometime and put in some recommendations.

Please do! I'm tired of my 99 cent RAVE hair spray!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 10:09 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

i'd rather hang out with people that have a mullet
The grandaddy of the mullett as worn by the fashion police's most sacred cows - circa 1973: http://www.woodywoodmansey.co.uk/aladin%20sane.jpg
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 10:30 pm

The young janitor at my office building just started sporting a 'stache. I imagine he's trying to impress someone.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 11:39 pm

Burt Reynolds is pretty hot.

BURNT REYNOLDS IS HOTTER!!!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:28 am

I'm the hairdresser. As of January, I'm charging $60 for that mullet. The salon chooses the product lines we carry which are Bumble, Rene Furterer, and our salon's own line of 5 products. We use Goldwell haircolor. I "endorse" Bumble products only because I know the most about them and am the most proficient at using them. If you had a specific question, I might be able to answer it.

Please do! I'm tired of my 99 cent RAVE hair spray!

I got a can of that or Suave hairspray while we were at Gonerfest. I actually liked it. It doesn't brush out very easily, but I liked the scent. Nothing smells as sweet as an old lady.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:07 am

someone at my office had the bright idea of starting a mustache growing competition. we're about 2-1/2 weeks into it now and we're all doing the full beard thing until the deadline. its pretty funny seeing a whole office full of bearded (half-assed or not) dudes. the deadline is our xmas party when we all show up shaved down to the stache. i'm taking part but i can't wait to shave this shit off. it itches.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:15 am

I grew a goatee in the 90's but by the time it filled out my wardrobe advisor told me it was time for a different angled haircut.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:29 am

i like bumble stuff, but it's exprunsive.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 11:47 am

I like my fucking 'tache, beard and 'burns, and I ain't shaving at the mo', either, so I prolly look like Jack Stands' bro' (and would be proud to be so) ... Had a nightmare shaving accident while tidying up fer a job innerview during the summer, and everything had to go - looked like a big baked bean! No more! Facial hair rocks (and itches) ... Trey, you go, um, gurl!

Mullets, on the other hand, always suck a weiner - I can never get over that mullet/bleach jeans/Izod/puffy white trainers look, it slays me! You wanna talk about irony? Any Goners who have been to London will have seen Limeys who look like that ON PURPOSE! Cunts ...
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 3:54 pm

BURNT REYNOLDS IS HOTTER!!!!!!!!

Literally burning, covered in soot!
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:21 pm

mike sniper, iron shiek, burt reynolds, salvador dali, ned flanders, anyone on a WANTED poster from the 1800s, and gentleman jesse should at least be allowed to be sportin.

the rest of youse, i doubt it. especially scott 'it's charlie chaplin!" rogers.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:35 pm

I'll say it again, Burt Reynolds ! He deserves a three-peat
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:45 pm

Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:47 pm

mike sniper, iron shiek, burt reynolds, salvador dali, ned flanders, anyone on a WANTED poster from the 1800s, and gentleman jesse should at least be allowed to be sportin.

don't forget john waters!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fu2/316508757/
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 4:52 pm

or greg norton!
URL
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:18 pm

Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:28 pm

or billy childish
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:44 pm

Rollie Fingers, who should be in the moustache hall of fame along with baseball's hall of fame.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:47 pm

oh no. looking like a homeless-civil-war-reenacter is really quite cool.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 5:55 pm

if you have a beard you don't have a moustache, its just part of the beard, and moustacheless beards (unless you can grow everything but a moustache) just look stupid.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 6:42 pm

catfish hunter, rollie fingers, yep. oscar gamble's 'stache was the only anchor keeping his afro from swallowing the sky.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 6:45 pm

if you have a beard you don't have a moustache, its just part of the beard

I don't believe this to be true. They are seperate but equal.

moustacheless beards (unless you can grow everything but a moustache) just look stupid.

I don't know about this, either. I was seriously contemplating the Captain Ahab look the other day.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:03 pm

They are seperate but equal.

didn't brown v board of edu already deal with this?

I was seriously contemplating the Captain Ahab look the other day.
then you'll just end up chasing anything big and white.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:06 pm

catfish hunter, rollie fingers,
Don't forget Joe Rudi. The 1971-1974 Oakland A's were a veritable who's who in the annals of moustache wizardry. And Dennis Eckersley brought back the 'stache to the A's big time in the 80's-90's. http://www.bashof.org/deckersley.htm
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:27 pm

I am presently a big fan of Davines NouNou line (from dryed out, frizzy hair) and Ojon styling creme with a little bit of Loma Volumizer tossed in and combed thru my locks...there really isn't much I can do in this season--it just goes flat and pretty dry due to the lack of humidity indoors and the constant rain.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:29 pm

moustacheless beards (unless you can grow everything but a moustache) just look stupid.
http://www.historyplace.com/specials/portraits/presidents/port-linc.jp g
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:33 pm

I like them. I sometimes wish my boyfriend had one.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:37 pm

http://www.historyplace.com/specials/portraits/presidents/port-linc.jp g
case in point!
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:42 pm

C. Everret Koop.

Hugh, for some reason that reminded me of the puppets on Mr. Rogers.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:49 pm

I would like to see some prancing Goner go tell Otto Von Bismark that his mustache is ironic.

http://www.wwnorton.com/nto/20century/topic_3/illustrations/imbismark. htm
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:52 pm

Hugh, for some reason that reminded me of the puppets on Mr. Rogers.
The Punching Amish would totally wail on X the Owl.
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:53 pm

I would like to see some prancing Goner go tell Otto Von Bismark that his mustache is ironic.

In a way, that's happened already (photo by Windy)
http://windylou.typepad.com/photos/gonerfest_3/tsot.jpg
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 8:57 pm

What about the Burger King's moustache, huh......I bet you did'nt think about that "smart guy"!!!!
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 8:59 pm

Why do cowboys all have shit in their moustaches?

"... lookin' for love in all the wrong places/lookin' for love..."
Posted: Dec 7, 2006 9:10 pm

don't make fun of the Burger King like that! Faggot!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®