Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / here's a depressing story
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 11:05 pm

so my girlfriend for a while kept alluding to a record collection she once had and little by little i got more and more of the story out of her. turns out she had quite a cool little collection. she still hasn't told me everything. but so far as i have here it is:
she was dating this guy for a few years and entrusted him one summer with some of her things, records included, and went to italy for a few months. dude cheated on her over the summer then they broke up when she got back. he still had her stuff. including her records. which she had been collecting since she was about 16. some of her older friends had turned her on to the goner scene and she had most of the ealy goner catalogue, including but not limited to (still trying to pry out all the info i can) call the shots and the reatards stuff and whatnot. well she kept calling dude and kept trying to get her shit back but he wouldn't give it saying it wasn't her stuff and she owed him. common story i guess but sucks. i hope i never meet this guy. who steals records? and the guy has no idea about any of this music or or any of the people associated. thats the shit part. some fuck who cheated and made off like a bandit. oh well. if any one has multiple copies of anything like what i mentioned let me know, i'm trying to help her rebuild her collection.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 11:32 pm

An old friend of mine smashed 300+ of my records 4 years ago.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/stupidmyspace/1brokeNNN.jpg
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 11:39 pm

Did you kill him?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 12:08 am

seriously, these non-respecters of records need to be flogged.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 2:45 am

an old roommate of mine took my record player by the needle and scratched up one of my favorite records while it was sitting on the player. i wanted to beat her ass. i didn't though. instead, i just moved out.

other than that, i really haven't had anyone steal my records. just my cds and i punched some dude in the face for that shit. i would probably become massively murderous if some stupid fucko stole my records. thems my babies.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:42 am

I always have my moment's best 100 45's in a case ready to dj and last night I tossed and turned in bed with anxiety about what I'd do if they got ripped off or damaged.

I'm a loser.

It's true!
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:39 am

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/stupidmyspace/1brokeNNN.

justin, that was one of the most brutal things i have ever seen in my life. i remember looking through all your broken records the night that picture was taken and just couldn't believe it was real.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am

I had an ex-girlfriend who started "collecting" records in some ape imitation of me. Mostly bad, in-print Kill Rock Stars shit. Anywhoo, the bitch just left them all laying around in her room randomly scattered and after a few months the entire catalog was either warped or busted or had been used as an ashtray.

Chicks can't take care of records you heard it here first!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:18 pm

say what! i take care of my shit, i'm sure most of the ladies here do as well. whatta you think we're doing with our records...fanning our coochies with 'em??? stop dating the charlatans and you won't run into this problem.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:26 pm

I'm not a chick (I don't think, let me check....nope, not a chick) and I don't take care of my records. They're just entertainment volumes like paperback books or a viewmaster of Scoobie Doo or a DVD or a calendar with waterfalls of the Pacific Coast or stamps from the 1940s or whatever. Like anything I own, I don't want anyone else stomping on them or ripping off 300 of 'em or whatever, but I can't believe you guys lie awake at night worrying about your record collections.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:29 pm

i like awake picturing Goner Rhea fanning her coochie with rare kbd singles
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:30 pm

I can't believe you guys lie awake at night worrying about your record collections.

If somerthing happened to my special box I'd still be in business, minus a hefty amount of sickness. No good.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:31 pm

rare oop Hozac punk kbd limited coochie fan
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:44 pm

If I lost my records I would go into psychosis. If somebody destroyed my records I would have no choice but to burn their house/condo/apt. building down...
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:48 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 3:55 pm

I like how that is the only thing in your flickr.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:07 pm

you're a flickr.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:20 pm

who steals records?

I bet brad x has a story or 20 about stealing records.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:39 pm | Edited by: bvalentine

so my girlfriend for a while kept alluding to a record collection she once had

COMMON STORY!!! Everybody knows that chicks don't have records. They just date dudes that have records and then they start thinking the records belong to them too. And then when you break up with em, they all of a sudden want the records that YOU bought when you were together and you're standing there like "fuck you, you didnt even own one solitary record when we met and now yer wanting to make off with mine, fuck you!".

So. Your girlfriend is lieing to you! RUN!! When you break up she'll tell the next dude she's fucking that YOU have all of HER records (that never belonged to her in the first place).

Can I get a witness?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:43 pm

they start thinking the records belong to them too.

AND HOW!

HIGH SIGN!!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:47 pm

I don't want your stupid records anyhow! I have my own stupid records thank you very much. HIGH SIGN!!! ;)
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:54 pm

HARRRRRRRRRUMPH!!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:57 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:59 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 6:12 pm

HEE HAW!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 6:34 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

is this real? Damn...

who steals records?

"Friends" and roomates...They love em.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 7:46 pm

is this real? Damn...

no it was staged theatrics like most of what entails the life of a sneaky pink
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:06 pm

A psycho ex-neighbor of mine who also attacked me and then hid when the cops came because he was on probation stole a box of my 12" singles including my original copies of The Message and White Lines, goddamnit.

I considered exacting revenge but considering that he was a violent ex-con tweaker I decided to leave it alone.

I've heard he's back in jail now anyway.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:17 pm

is this real? Damn...

I knew it.

Seriously, that's one of the worst record horror stories I've ever heard...

I bet brad x has a story or 20 about stealing records.

Let's hear it brad.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:39 pm

mark beef an his alter-ego an fat scott. those are the two most depressin stories i know. oh, an crazy jenna.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:46 pm

COMMON STORY!!! Everybody knows that chicks don't have records. They just date dudes that have records and then they start thinking the records belong to them too. And then when you break up with em, they all of a sudden want the records that YOU bought when you were together and you're standing there like "fuck you, you didnt even own one solitary record when we met and now yer wanting to make off with mine, fuck you!".

not all girls are like this. fuckers.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:49 pm

Are too.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:10 pm

yeah!

Are too.

are not!
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:12 pm

is this real? Damn...

I knew it.

Seriously, that's one of the worst record horror stories I've ever heard...

it was real
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:12 pm

Actually when me and sixteene come home from a night of djing it's usually only my records that are scratched, skipping or have a chunk missing. Fuck.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:28 pm

all of you will be dead long before your records
have fun
puke on em
fuck somebody's girlfriend so they wanna smash your shit
quit putting this crap on a pedestal like the idea of a "punk" museum ain't the stupidest shit ever
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:48 pm | Edited by: queenothetwist

quote: not all girls are like this. fuckers.

yeah!

Are too.

are not!.

Yes they ARE. I am brutal on records. I try, but if I look at them, theyre getting scratched.
Before meeting my anal retentive husband I used to stack up all my records, pancake style sans sleeves in a big pile next to the turntable. Much like non-goner type girlfriends do with their Coldplay CDs, I'm sure.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:18 pm

They just date dudes that have records and then they start thinking the records belong to them too.
she knows better
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:23 pm

sorry beef even though you're a pathetic loser too i needed to use you to draw out the true king of losers who wanted to make himself known to the goner board-tom douche's lapdog, crucialfag.
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 6:26 am

fuck somebody's girlfriend so they wanna smash your shit
quit putting this crap on a pedestal like the idea of a "punk" museum ain't the stupidest shit ever

well yeah. but no matter what it is depressing to see a bunch of broken good records.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 7:24 am

to see a bunch of broken good records.

or hear about a bunch of stolen good ones
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 9:26 pm

yeah!

Are too.

The hell you say. I still have the first album I bought with my allowance when I was in 4th grade & it only has one lil' skip in it. And it has been well loved & listened to throughout the decades. And I'm totally a girl.
A slob is a slob- and they come in male and female varieties last I checked.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:36 am

Slob is a slob is a slob. And I'm a slob.

Whoah, is that sloppy joe on my shirt? mMmmm
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:38 am

HOLD THE PHONE - i just looked at that first picture again; is that guy sittin on top of a brown pot bellied pig or something? talk about slobs...
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:50 am

My girlfriend has loaned me some of her records, and they're all in good condition. Fuck, the Malcolm Mclaren "Fans" l.p. is in mint condition...
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 1:30 am

good condition.

In record collector terminology good condition doesn't really = good condition.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:16 am

good condition.

They're beat up, but not like neglected and shit, they were maintained...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®