Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I'M FREE!!!!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Well, almost.

I gave my notice this morning. Wow. What a difference it all makes. Even though I have no idea where I will be making money in Florida.

(C'mon with the witticisms on that one...it is ripe for the picking)
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 5:18 pm

Me too! 2 days off work! Wahey!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 5:36 pm

You should go ahead and try the "unplug the microwave" trick. It is the perfect time for mayhem.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Now it is the refrigerator. Some fool let something rot in there and it can't be cleaned out. So now everytime it opens, the rot smell wafts into my closet/office.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 6:09 pm

I can't wait until next fall when it's my turn to tell my boss to go fuck himself.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm

I love it b/c it is like 35 degrees outside and raining and I am saying, "Yeah, we are moving to St. Petersburg, Florida in January."
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 6:36 pm

i wish it were 35 degrees outside here. i'm getting really tired of this warm winter bullshit in new york. wear a sweatshirt and you get the chills later in the day, put on your coat and end up soaked with sweat two blocks down the street.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Seattle just a big white blanket of flakes. Snowmen are everywhere and with the dead leaves that everybody neglected to pick up, it's a big fuckin' mess. The homeless are pissed and the shoppers are in a buying mood. Many kids are out of school and they are getting dirty as we speak. Tom. night is getting down to 18. I've got my leather and wool already laid out.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:09 pm

70, sunshine, slight breeze. Fuck you, work.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:16 pm

It just had a little bout of freezing rain/hail here that stuck. The homeless are wet and everywhere and shooting up and taking all day long bathroom breaks in Genies and god knows where else. It is fucking awful. The shelters don't open til 5PM.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Me too! 2 days off work! Wahey!

Yeah!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:43 pm

Congrats on making the break at long last. Good luck!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:47 pm

you should come visit Orlando when you become a Floridian
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:15 pm

I was just in Florida. There were swarms of vultures everywhere. Is that how you know where the good estate sales are going to be?
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Another thing to love about Florida: So many dying people that they have estate sales not just on the weekends.

Literal vultures? Wow! I saw a lot of crazy wildlife there, but never a vulture. I saw a Florida Panther run across I-95 once--it was totally insane. The thing was as big as a lion.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah. Real vultures. On the east coast. In the areas around Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, etc. they were circling just like in the cowboy movies. Swarms of about 30 or so at a time in lots of different areas. Occasionally, you'd drive by road kill and there they'd be hopping around and pecking away. Pretty cool.

My aunt lives out towards Tampa, and said she sees them there too. A turtle died in her driveway recently and they were all over the place. She had to get a shovel to remove the turtle and dump it in a spot where the vultures wouldn't be such a nuisance.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:47 pm

I saw the panther near Vero Beach.

Ryan is gonna TRIP on the animal life after being a Portlander for so long. I keep tellin him he has to do a better job of keeping the kitchen clean.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 5:00 pm

i love working. :)
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm

I have two weeks left at this gig before I roll over and get a chunk of vacation time. I'm waiting to hear back from that job interview I had last week. If the planets align correctly, I'll be able to put in my notice, cash in my vacation time, and take an extra week or two before I start the new gig. Only way it could be better is if I could magically book a tour to coincide with this time off that I don't know the exact dates of yet. Ah, well, mebbe I'll go see the family or sumthin'...
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 11:42 pm

I still admire Alex C's tactic with his work: "Give me 7 weeks off or I quit". Surprisingly, it worked.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 11:46 pm

congrats, fiery!
I got this obscene email today entitled "why women move to Florida". It's stupid but I'll foward it to you.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 12:13 am

Definitely forward it to me! Does it mention fast boats and cocaine?
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 12:16 am

It's a pic. Kind of funny, but I can't figure out why this lesbian keeps sending me dick pics.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 3:53 am

would've have been nice to know who the "fierydrunk" was. We're playin dec 15th at the tonic with HEAD, Silverkings, Nightslaves, and Eegos. Say Hi then Bye...
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 4:54 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

Is that a weekend? I can't go out on weeknights unfortunately--I was about to see the Silverkings Friday night but we ended up getting completely blown out and crashing at Brian , Meaghan and John Sherman's house. I plan to party my way out of this town.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Fiery, not only will you have flying cockroaches to look forward to in Florida, appearantly there are giant, african rats there too! 3-pound, 35-inch-long African behemoths! :)

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/29/D8LMU9R80.html
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:52 pm

Oh, I've lived there before...I am quite familiar with what is known as the "Palmetto Bug", what a cute name for such a beast. I am used to huge fucking rats from Memphis and Florida too. Maybe not African Behemoth rats, but the ones I saw in Memphis and West Memphis were like 20" long, for reals.

As long as there is not a cockroach or ant infestation in my house, I am OK.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®