Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / GottDamn Muhfuggin' TOM JONES!
Posted: Nov 26, 2006 9:09 pm

I'm watching "Thunderball" on Spike TV. The theme song has just made my hair stand up! TOM JONES can fuckin sing his ass off! What can't people sing like that anymore?
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 12:39 am

Get the "She's a Lady" LP. There's a song called "Ressurection Shuffle" (also on 45- CHEAP!) that will knock your socks off. I just picked up his double Live at Caesar's palace LP this weekend and he does that song on there too and it's slightly faster and just as nuts as the studio version. On another live alb he does a manic "Land of 1,000 Dances." He's basically a white Little Richard. His screams are among the best and he does have loads of soul. YEAH!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 3:03 am

Respect.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm

TOM JONES: As far as contempory music from the fifties on, JERRY LEE LEWIS has been MY BIGGEST INFLUENCE. I've bought more records of Jerry Lee Lewis than any other entertainer.

I think he ran the Jerry Lee Lewis fan club in Great Britain for a while in the 60's.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Patient: "Doc, I can't stop singing Tom Jones' 'Green Green Grass of Home'. What is wrong with me?".

Doctor: "It's not unusual."

I'll get my coat.........
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 4:01 pm

When it came to solo singers, Joe Meek mostly produced lame ones (showing the magician he was). Tom Jones was certainly one of the few exceptions to the rule.

Laurent
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 6:01 pm

(btw: It's: "I'll get me coat", isn't it?)

Yeah but I figured the Yanks would think I mis-spelled my.

I got more friends in Manchester than I got over here.....actually I think I got that from a Benny Hill episode

Tom Jones = Singin' mofo
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Tom Jones is a muhfugger....THE version of "Chills and Fever"..."Looking OUt My Window" dude is awesome...

I was in a band based on the ideology of "Tom Jones on a muderous rampage"...we were kick ass. The Pointy Shoe Factory owns you.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:32 pm

His version of Polk Salad Annie rules.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 7:24 am

been trying to find an old vhs tape around here with tom's chills and fever on it...
here it is on youtube:

URL
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 9:32 am

i saw two tom jones records listed in the new crypt mailorder update

i can see clearly now!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:25 am

"sex bomb, sex bomb, you're a sex bomb!"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®