Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Reccs for digital camera?
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:43 pm

We are unhappy with our 1.5 yr old Canon A95. It doesn't have that setting where you can take pix in low light that will flash on the subject but keep the background blurry and cool. It is more a camera for families and outdoor shots.

We think we could get like $150-200 on eBay cos we have a huge memory card and the camera is in great shape.

A friend of ours has a Nikon with a huge LCD screen and the function we like. Any other suggestions for something reasonable?
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:48 pm

DUDE! i totally got the camera to recomend. fuki finepix E550
6 megapixel but actually does 12
$190 delivered and that included a 1G memory card, battery charger and batteries, and a shitty carrying case. great photos. nothing else at that price comes close. they sell em on ebay refurbished, so buy from a reputable camera dealer. crucial!
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:48 pm

fuji no fuki
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Does it have a 28mm wide angle? The camera Leftpeg has is like $700 and that ain't happening. We just want something slim, that has a wide angle option and has that low light "cool" function. The nice size view screen doesn't hurt either.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 12:11 am

Buy a Lomo LC-A plus.

Not digital, but super rad, small, and unpredictable in the best way. ISO adjustable to 1600, hotshoe for flash, etc. You can totally set it up to the cool blurry background with clear foreground thing. It's the only camera I use, and after using bigger/more complex/expensive digital AND film cameras, it's the best thing in the world.

Only thing to reconcile is that it's kind of expensive to use- due to it's unpredictable nature and simple focusing technology, every roll is kind of a crap shoot. I just take lots of pictures, pay close attn to the light and distance etc, and I get some pretty incredible results.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 12:33 am

I have heard all about the LOMO scene but I have what I consider a perfect SLR in my Pentax K 1000 set up that I invested big money in a great wide angle lens. I love it. I just want a digital that is small and easy to use that has that one low light/blurry function and a wider angle lens. Leftpeg has a killer one but it is in the $700 range.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 6:54 am

fiery
panasonic makes a compact point and shoot digital with wide angle (28mm equiv) called the LUMIX FX-01 (also the FX-07, and FX-50, these ones being a bit more expensive). the lens is a leica lens and it very high quality. big screen on the back. i think it has a slow sync/rear curtain flash setting too. it runs $300 with a 1gig card and case from B+H photo. might be what you're looking for?

my lomo LC-A just got ripped off from my apartment a month ago, along with my professional rig nikon SLR and another canon SLR. heavy hit to wallet that night...but anyway:

what is the LC-A plus? is that the LC-M? i've had a lomo for years but never heard of one adjustible to 1600 iso, is that true?? the LC-M goes to 800, but those things are super rare.

if you're interested in the lomo, you should look for a COSINA CX-2. its way more solid and better made than the lomo. smoother action on the focusing, better shutter, etc. its the camera the reds ripped off to make the LC-A. comes with a motor drive and flash too!
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 8:23 pm

The Russians stopped making the LC-A a few years ago, and this company in Vienna ( www.lomography.com ) started to remanufacture them, but to slightly higher specs. Check the website for details.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 9:02 pm

whoa, i had no idea they started making new ones. i followed that stuff pretty closely for years, but when they just started peddling refurbished ones and ones with fancy egyptian designs on the lomo site, i kinda tuned out. this is huge news though. do you have the new PLUS yet? i'm really curious!
Posted: Nov 26, 2006 12:36 am

Haven't picked one up yet- but they look pretty cool
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®