Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / how was dinner?
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 10:15 pm

bold initiative leads to new discovery! had a turkey from the company i worked for last year and not much else in the fridge. stuffed it with shredded corn tortillas, tomatoes, onion, and jalepenos. AWESOME. next year i will prepare better and add chorizo and cilantro. now its time for a celebration smoke and some blastables. probably flip that slits record over and maybe some country teasers. no chocolate in the house though :(
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 10:25 pm

It was pretty good. Turkey, roast duck, Granpa's famous stuffing, all the usual sides. Held off on dessert until after I get drunk. Which will be soon, because that's all there is to do at the old man's. He had his second gin & tonic at 11 a.m. I gave him some guff and his retort was: "It's 11:30 somewhere." Gotta let him have that one. I'm on my first beer (Molson now, Labatt and Bud later) and will move to whiskey and waters shortly. Then I'll eat the chocolate pie and take a walk in the woods, where I will probably meet my future wife. Happy etc.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 10:28 pm

going to eat now. i made collards. the lady made baked pears and sweet potato au gratin.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 10:31 pm

Still haven't attempted the chocolate pie my mom made for dessert. My sister and I avoided the itis by driving into town to see the burned out remains of the old Tupperware factory and the jet fighter they have parked at the old army airbase right now. My uncle keeps asking me if I've been dating any black girls. Hmmm...
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 2:10 am

my dinner was ok. no turkey etc for the first time in 21 years
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 2:15 am

While my mom's a good lady, her cooking leaves much to be desired.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 2:53 am

Formal T-day is happening Sunday. However, the wife cooked an awesome huge ham, homade mac & cheese, brown sugar carrots, fresh rolls, green beans and a pumpkin pie. Dinner was great! But desert will have to wait.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:09 am

Popeyes Cajun Turkey exceeded expectations!

All sides were really perfect too. GREAT DINNER.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:28 am

Me & Julia opted to not do family cramp

yummy cheese
wine
bread
pate
vodka
pie
lasagne

vegetables that will prob get eaten tomorrow
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:29 am

sister's turkey dinner was delish! Devoured the ham and candied yams. Went light on the dessert. Just woke up from a nap and taking what's left of squash casserole to a leftover party.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 5:37 am

oh, drunky drunky

I meant family CRAP
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 5:45 am

I always eat a ridiculous amount and now I feel sick. My mom does the very traditional items of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles, gravy, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes. I had a little bit of all of it besides the noodles, then snacked on turkey not carved but remaining on the turkey from time to time for the next hour, took a nap, woke up and made the same big plate, snacked again for the next hour, made another plate, then ended the night with two large turkey sandwiches. I have never made turkey in my life and we don't have it often so I take advantage.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 7:06 am

frozen marie callender's chicken pot pie.
charles shaw merlot.
capped the night off with a trip to the dog track.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 7:30 am

i got roped into making:
turkey
dressing
green bean casserole
brown and serve rolls
gravy
pecan pie

some good karma better be heading my way.
shit. i think i may have just ruined any thing i had coming by mentioning it. can you jinx good karma by talking about it?
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 7:48 am

you should have come with me to the dog track so you could hurry up and use your good karma.
now you've just done blown it and it's too late.
maybe next year.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 8:33 am

i think i may have just ruined any thing i had coming by mentioning it. can you jinx good karma by talking about it?

Yes. Yes, you did. You should not think out loud about the things that cannot be said. You done fucked up. Please insert another quarter to play again.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 12:07 pm

I got leftovers because my mother decided to cook for my brother and his family the day before I came back into town. Thanks, biatch!
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 2:56 pm

Worked all day, got home at 4, ordered a pizza (or as the Indians call it, "maize"), watched 'Survivor', played MLB 2K6 on XBox, went down to the basement and turned my Sunn stack up and jammed on guitar for an hour, went to bed. Best Thanksgiving ever?

-Ryan
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:14 pm

it rained all day so we hung inside (no family football this year). had a couple quick ones an some appetizers an then an early dinner an i passed out watchin football around 7 or 8. most restful thanksgivin ever.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:16 pm

It was fantastic. Managed to polish off two bottle of pinoit noir. I ve got a food hangover but now its time to start the turkey and sausage GUMBO.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 3:59 pm | Edited by: tim

my folks live in a golf community in florida.
ate t-giving dinner at the clubhouse overlooking the golf course, with their pilot and entymologist neighbors.
entertained with a few caddyshack one liners that went nowhere.
had prime rib that really wasn't that great, and some cheap draft beer.
after dinner conversation at the clubhouse included a discussion of everyone's favorite music.
mom said i like "black lip"(i had asked her earlier for my dad's rolling stones mags, as i had heard the black lips might have been in one).
bug lady asks "what do they sound like, ooga ooga wawa wawa?"
i said yep.
came home and drank a big bottle of westmalle tripel, several guinness, and hours of scrabble with the folks.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 5:22 pm

Great!!! Got ultra-winded, went to work, ate a 12-person Boston Market Thanksgiving dinner for that my boss picked up with the TWO other people working, cranked up the Stooges and did about 5 crosswords (nobody wants to go see movies on this particular holiday, apparently). Then ate Thai and watched a movie after work w/ the ol' lady. Leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast today!!!
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 7:07 pm

had pizza for thinksgiving. out. one. psyche.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 7:31 pm

I'm glad its over I dont like holidays
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®