Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Dublin, Paris, and Southern France
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Anyone got any must-see, -do, -eat, -etc. for the above places? I've been to Paris before, so that's not as pressing, and leftpeg hipped me to a Phil Lynott statue in Dublin, so that's cool.

Anything else? In southern France I'll be in Cavaillon, Marseilles, and Aix en Provance- anyone been? Got any good tips? Let me know!!
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Dublin is alright. It's a bit euro-trendy, Temple Bar and all that shit. If you have the time get to the west of Ireland, particularly the southwest, where there are some cool, remote fishing villages, lots of ruins and the like. Also Galway is a lot of fun, a lot more fun than Dublin was for me. And from there, you can take a boat to the Aran Islands.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 8:44 pm

i have some great friends in marseille. look up the hate pinks on myspace or something. the singer oliver is a great guy and a really good friend of mine. i'm sure he'd put you up and show you around marseille. tell him you know joe danger (vegas thunder) and you'll be greeted with open arms!
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Seamus- How long would it take to get to the other side of the island? I'm only there for five days- not a ton of time, I know. I looked into renting a car for a few days too- anyone know the rules? Can I do it with a US driver's liscence?

Joe Danger- thanks for the tip. One of my best friends lives in Cavaillon, another is moving to Aix, so I'll be down south for a couple of weeks. They both work and/or go to school and are non-Goners, so maybe I'll look up Oliver when they're too busy fer hangin'. PARTY!!
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 9:15 pm

You can rent a car, no problem but I would skip it as it's a hassle and pretty unnecessary. Otherwise, I seem to remember the bus ride from Dublin to Cork only being a few hours. Cork is cool, real working class, kinda tough city. Galway is more lively with hotter chicks than you would ever expect. It's got three colleges, a bunch of little rivers and tons of swanshit. Oh yeah, there are a few bars, also, a couple that are more than 500 years old. You could bus over there for a couple of days, maybe get out to the Aran Islands which are pretty amazing. Also, Ireland is one of the only countries where I would highly recommend hitchhiking. Good people they be.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 10:24 pm

Born Bad in Paris is run by Ivan of Splash 4, Operation S, etc., and he's a nice man.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 1:42 am

Fuck Temple Bar. The only good thing is the Film Center, which rules.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 11:17 am

Aix-en-Provence has become a snobbish an trendy place. Avoid.

Cassis is a nice place close by the sea : they have good wines & seafood and there are nice cliffs (callanques) if you're not in a suicidal mood.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 11:18 am

Not a lot of rock'n'roll in this part of france, though.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:24 pm

Aix-en-Provence has become a snobbish an trendy place. Avoid.

I gotta go at least for a bit- I've got a good friend living there. I'll check out the cliffs though- that sounds pretty cool.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:27 pm

Posted: Nov 24, 2006 10:28 pm

http://www.phonk.net/Images/Cassis/small/020313-Cassis.jpg

Rad!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 6:33 am

Born Bad in Paris is run by Ivan of Splash 4, Operation S, etc., and he's a nice man.

Nice guy indeed but he was in the No Talents not the Splash 4. He was also in les Teckels, the Loud Mufflers and these days in les Terribles.

Laurent
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®