Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / If it doesn't fit, you must aquit, but wait 12 years and he'll admit to it.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:54 pm

LOS ANGELES(AP) Fox plans to broadcast an interview with O.J. Simpson in which the former football star discusses "how he would have committed" the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, for which he was acquitted, the network said.

The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, the TV network said.

Simpson has agreed to an "unrestricted" interview with book publisher Judith Regan, Fox said.

"O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes," the network said in a statement. "In the two-part event, Simpson describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade."

The interview will air days before Simpson's new book, "If I Did It," goes on sale Nov. 30. The book, published by Regan, "hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed."

In a video clip on the network's Web site, an off-screen interviewer says to Simpson, "You wrote 'I have never seen so much blood in my life.'"

"I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood," Simpson responds.

Simpson, who now lives in Florida, was acquitted in a criminal trial of the 1994 killings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman. Simpson was later found liable in 1997 in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.

Messages left with Simpson and his attorney Yale Galanter were not immediately returned.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Oh, nevermind. This is already posted here.

IGNORE ME!
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:58 pm

This guy continues to find his way to the spotlight, maintaining celebrity status because of MURDER he committed. What a wierdo. I guess he's innocent though...right???
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:16 pm

I didn't even think anyone cared about this anymore. I know i didn't... and don't.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Oh, nevermind. This is already posted here.

IGNORE ME!

It's okay, your subject line was funnier.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:26 pm

who remembers where they were when they were watching the "chase."??
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:44 pm

home, after school. dad skipped work that day and grew roots in front of the TV for the next six(?) months. almost lost his job over the o.j. trial.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:46 pm

i was on tour with teengenerate, it actually started as we were driving out of la on the way to vegas, of course listening on the radio and it was still going on when we got to vegas
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:46 pm

I want to say we had just got home from seeing the Grateful Dead at Deer Creek, IN.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:47 pm

I just said that out loud, didn't I?
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:51 pm

I was in San Francisco in my apartment.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:52 pm

I had just gotten back from a bike ride in Chicago with my friend, Patsy. After we watched for awhile, we went on another ride and had an argument with me on the side of "Well, what if he DIDN'T do it???"
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:53 pm

Simpson is a thoughtless asshole. I wonder what his kids think of him...
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Homer is Innocent
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:37 pm

I was at my grandparents house...my grandpa figured out right away that he was guilty, but I think his reasoning had more to do with O.J. being black than anything.

Where were YOU Britney??
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:39 pm

dad skipped work that day and grew roots in front of the TV for the next six(?) months. almost lost his job over the o.j. trial.

my mother actually set the vcr timer every morning to tape the trial while she was at work.

a bunch of us were at a friends house and decided to throw an o.j. tracking party. it was just an excuse to get drunk.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:44 pm

i was at the memphis pizza cafe. i think that might have been the last time i was at the memphis pizza cafe.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:45 pm

I was at EJ's serving $2.75 all-you-can-eat-spaghetti to old pervs who insisted on sitting at the rack as they dined while watching nekkid ladies. GO OJ GO!!
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 2:26 am

I was walking around suburban Manitowoc, WI chainsmoking and listening to some tacky 70's punk shit. Walked into my folks house to see them clamouring around the television set as if JFK had just been re-shot. Didn't give a shit and walked into my room. Still don't really give a shit.

BONUS: Where were you on 9/11?

I was passed out in my bedroom when my girlfriend came over, walked in without knocking, and shook me awake. She said "I have good news and bad news. I got out of school early. The bad news is that it's because America is being attacked."

I figured it was an actual full-on Army invasion and nearly shit my pants. When I turned on CNN to discover it was terrorists, I didn't give a shit. Stupid bitch made it seem like War of The Worlds. Not saying it wasn't an awful thing, but when somebody wakes you up out of a zombie black out to inform you the entire country is being attacked, much more tragic shit pops into your head.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 2:45 am

9/11--fast asleep for hours. On West Coast time and I woke up just in time to hear Howard Stern and Robin talking about school closures in Lower Manhattan in serious voices. I turned on the Today Show and within 15 minutes, the first tower went down.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 2:59 am

9/11
My wife woke me up saying, "hey, check it out; a plane just hit the World Trade Center". She was watching the Today show, too. I was watching it, then the second plane hit. I called into work to tell them I was going to be a little late. My boss asked why, and I asked him if he had seen the news. He hadn't.
Weirder part was taking the kid to day care. All the kids were playing, completely oblivious. The TVs were off and it seemed like every adult face had the look of "We know. Don't talk about it."
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 3:52 am

Simpson is a thoughtless asshole. I wonder what his kids think of him...

that nigger is crazy...
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 3:54 am | Edited by: jerryd

O.J. Simpson- Was already in froont of the t.v. drunk watching some sporting event that I can't remember. Maybe NBA finals?

9/11- working at Fed Ex at the time and sleeping off a night shift when I was woken up and told we were at war. After about an hour all I could think of was the fact that I would be losing a night's pay because they had grounded the planes and shut down the airport. I was really pissed. It was then that I realized I'm a very selfish person.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 5:31 am

OJ's white Bronco chase- smoking crack like a fiend at the time and watching the NBA playoffs. I had some amount of money on Houston and it sucked because they used a split screen between the two events.

9-11. My bro. called me and said "Turn on the TV". Went to work for half a day and then we all looked at each other and basically said "What the fuck" and shut down. Got drunk the rest of the day.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 5:50 am

during the chase: was sitting in front of the tv set at my mom's house watching tv when all of the sudden, BLAM! on came the stupid shit. i was pissed off because i was thoroughly enjoying the program that was on. i think it was something like dateline or 20/20, where they were doing an investigation into the ebola virus. (i think...if i remember correctly).

9/11 - my fiancee at the time woke me up and told me what the hell happened when the first plane hit. i got in the shower and then the second plane hit. i had JUST moved back to memphis the previous weekend and was scheduled for a job interview at an office in clark tower. they closed the tower because of the attacks, saying people called in threats to it. so i didn't get to go on the interview. ended up driving all the way out there to find that out though. then i went to apply at tower in peabody place mall and they closed it because of a gas leak in the building. just wasn't my day to go job hunting, i guess.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 7:52 am

okay, I'll play...

OJ...had just had my second child and was stuck inside. Watched the trial religiously. TAPED the trial religiously for the whole year. Yep, that's right, I taped the whole of the OJ trial. (I tend toward the obsessive.) Kept 100+ tapes in my basement until about a year and a half ago when I gave all the tape to a filmmaking friend. I REALLY regret that, and would love to have my OJ trial tapes back.

911- Woke up with an horrible boyfriend. Someone called me and told me to turn on the TV. I did and went into shock. HB was laughing and saying things about the American Imperialists getting what they deserved. I was crying, and worrying about my NYC friend who lives on Avenue A. I screamed at him, he grabbed his bubbler, and things were never the same after that.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 4:13 pm

laughing and saying things about the American Imperialists getting what they deserved

my initial response to 9/11, until i realized all the innocent people who died, and those that died trying to save lies, and those who did all they could to cover what really happened up.

i was busy killing my wife and her boyfriend when the OJ chase was going on
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 4:30 pm

Weirder part was taking the kid to day care. All the kids were playing, completely oblivious. The TVs were off and it seemed like every adult face had the look of "We know. Don't talk about it."

This reminds me of going to afterschool care at that Baptist church on Union near Cooper in the 70's and all the "counselors" watching WATERGATE while we practically burned the place down.

I also taped and watched nothing but OJ for that year.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 4:40 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

OJ : no idea where I was but i do remember pre-chase his lawyers and friend reading that statement where OJ basically said he was gonna kill himself because of the murders and me thinking "well that's as good as saying you did it, idiot" and then being in wonderment that the letter was never used in trial or even brought up

now 9/11 is an amusing anecdote cause I was sleeping and a friend called to tell me we were being attacked and to turn on channel 18. Problem was he had cable so 18 was CNN and I didn't so 18 was M*A*S*H. I told him very funny and hung up
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 4:43 pm

I figured it was an actual full-on Army invasion and nearly shit my pants. When I turned on CNN to discover it was terrorists, I didn't give a shit. Stupid bitch made it seem like War of The Worlds. Not saying it wasn't an awful thing, but when somebody wakes you up out of a zombie black out to inform you the entire country is being attacked, much more tragic shit pops into your head.

I think I had the same initial reaction when someone informed me about 9/11. I figured it was gonna be like Red Dawn or something...
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 5:31 pm

i was at the memphis pizza cafe. i think that might have been the last time --that's funny. I had just gotten off work from the pizza cafe, went home, took a nap, and woke up to "the chase" and remember my initial thought being..."who the fuck is wathcing C.H.I.P.S."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®