Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Medical Help Please?
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 5:42 pm

Listen, I'm not joking okay. I'm in a tremedous amount of pain. I have an infected tooth and I need penicillin desperately. I'd been taking some for a couple days and was really starting to feel better, but ran out and now the headaches are back. Can barely think straight. I can not afford to see a doctor. If you have any penicillin please can I have it.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 5:43 pm | Edited by: mikesniper

Hey, you gotta get that tooth out of there! Until then, put some topical numbing solution like anbesol on it nce every 30 minutes or so.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 5:57 pm

ken you can't afford not to go to a dentist. either look up the dental school at the nearest university or get a friend to rec a dentist an work out a payment plan. shouldn't mess around w/ abcesses. (an you either need a root canal or extraction.)
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 5:59 pm

University of Tennessee Health Science Center the: Dental Hygiene
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 448-6230
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 6:07 pm

what's the name of the dentist who plays guitar for the Tearjerkers sometimes?
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 6:25 pm

University of Tennessee Health Science Center
will not be accepting any new patients until January. I've known that for a couple weeks, but ya know thanks anyway.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Have you called that Church medical center for low income residents of Memphis? They may have a resource list for you. This is why it is ridiculous that we have no basic comprehensive national health insurance with an emphasis on preventative health. It is insane.

Good luck.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 6:52 pm

that shit CAN kill you you if you don't get it taken care of asap.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 6:55 pm

Dood. Just go to the dentist. If it is absessed or infected, and it gets into your jawbone, then you are fucked cuz theyre gonna have to cut that shit out and you will be all fucked up permanently. not paying the bill or shitty credit is better than a fucked up mouth any day, no matter how you stack it. I dont know your financial situation, but most dentists will take a payment plan, especially when they see your shit is all fucked up. I just noticed that the words 'shit' and 'fuck' were used in every sentence. JUST GO TO A DENTIST AND WORRY ABOUT PAYING FOR IT LATER.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 7:05 pm

john wittemore (sp?) is the rockin dentist. don't know where his office is.

rob those kids hanging out outside your door and get to a dentist!
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Some Dentists will not work on you if you don't put half the money down... but yeah, people get large chunks of their bodies removed as a result of abscess. If you've got an infection, that's an emergency procedure I'd think and they can't deny you in those instances.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 12:24 am

my dad had an absess a few years ago and i hadda pick him up from his house at like 3:00am and bring him to the dental surgeon. my dad didn't even know he was in such danger till afterwards. his face was like twice the normal size on the side of the absess. it was pretty fucked up.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 12:30 am

get it the hell out and if you take 600mg of ibuprofen every 3 hours that will super help.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Get that shit attended to & worry about paying later is my advice. Having had my own share of dental disasters, I always wondered how someone with fangs like Shane MacG lived to see 35.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 3:40 pm

yeah, you can die from tooth infections...it's quite close to the brain...go to see a dentist ASAP.

read this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060621224722AAjiTmF
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 3:43 pm

Posted: Nov 13, 2006 3:54 pm

Man died from infected tooth
13nov06

AN ADELAIDE coroner has warned people not to neglect their dental health after
finding that a simple infected tooth led to the death of a man four years ago.

South Australian coroner Mark Johns also criticised the treatment of 27-year-old
Daniel Salmon who died from complications following a molar extraction in
September, 2002.

Mr Johns criticised Adelaide's Queen Elizabeth Hospital for not properly
transferring Mr Salmon to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, instead allowing the
man's mother to drive him in a private car.

That meant no hospital notes accompanied the patient even though his condition
had deteriorated after he went to Queen Elizabeth with discomfort and swelling
to his lower jaw.

"In my view this is a serious deficiency for which the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
must bear responsibility," the coroner said.

Mr Johns said that after having an abscess under his tongue incised and drained
at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Mr Salmon also had a breathing tube removed too
early, given he was suffering from Ludwig's angina, a bacterial infection that
could result in respiratory obstruction.

He said it was this action that killed Mr Salmon after he collapsed with
breathing difficulties and could not be resuscitated.

The coroner said while Mr Salmon's death was extremely tragic it showed the
dangers of ignoring the signs of dental infection over a prolonged period.

"Earlier dental treatment of his infected tooth may have prevented the
deterioration of his condition to the point where the infection process from
which he eventually suffered gained a foothold," Mr Johns said.

"I am unable to express a view as to the cause of Mr Salmon's delay in seeking
definitive treatment.

"It may be that he was unable to afford private treatment and was reliant on the
public dental system."
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 3:55 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

An abcess is like playing Russian roulette. If it's that bad you will have to see an oral surgeon.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 4:11 pm

I had a friend in Vegas who died last year in his sleep from not taking his abcess meds. Please get it taken care of fast.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 4:37 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

Call the med and see if they will give you temporary treatment/medicine. This is life threatening so they probably will see you. Someone will have to accompany you.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 5:29 pm

jesus Ken get that fucker pulled out.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 12:03 am

You sensible bastards have convinced me to have my left upper wisdom toof removed from my head. Saw dentist today. Scheduled for oral surgeon tomorrow. Threw a number at them they were willing to take up front. Until then it's generic penicillin and lortabs. They're pretty nice.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:35 am

Jesus, a fucking wisdom tooth? That sonabitch was gonna have to come out anyhow. A few minutes of pain and a dozen hours of drugged out weirdness. In a few days you'll be back to your old self rather than other sundry and sordid outcomes.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Wasn't too hip on the idea of submitting to voluntary unconsiousness. never been put under before, but it's done. They took two, one on either side. #1 & 16. Now I just have to go a week without smoking pot. Thank science for lortabs.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Thank god you got put under all the way. When I had 4 teeth (two at each sitting) I only had local and it was one of the more disgusting sounds ever. I didn't feel pain, but I felt something and that sound tells you everything you need to (not) know.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 7:08 pm

I wasn't put out when I got mine removed. It also did not hurt, but it was very uncomfortable. The feeling in my mouth was dull, but the dude was still ripping a fuckin' tooth out of my mouth while I was conscious and watching him gain leverage and shit. On my way home from the dentist I hit Rev. Norb with my car. I also continued smoking pot afterward and even recorded the vocals for my old hardcore band a couple days later. I did get dry sockets, but I also got alot more painkillers.

you can still smoke pot, ken. don't worry. congrats!!! (by the way i had one of my wisdom teeth yanked a couple months ago w/ just novacaine. but i'm badass.)

I had to be put under for all 4 wisdom teeth, which were growing forward, to be pulled. But I recently had a molar extracted (damn those bad genes for my narrow mouth). It was holding on for dear life so hard, they had to CUT MY TOOTH INTO 6 PIECES WHILE IN MY MOUTH TO REMOVE IT BIT BY BIT. The last part, the dentist got up on the chair with his pliers and told me to hang on. KILLER. It was way worth it. My chomps are finally in good working order after 14 years of no dentist appointments. Go in for your cleanings! My dentist it's $100, but $50 if you pay cash.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 7:10 pm

dont smoke pot while that shit is healing. if that shit gets dry socket, you'll be praying to anything to make it stop. PAINFUL. Maybe knife hits?
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 9:15 pm

I had all four taken out with only novacaine and now that I thought about it yesterday, it was only the family dentist not a surgeon. I did have a little nitrous which ruled, far better than the shit I've gotten from bikers. Drugs are the greatest invention ever.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 9:18 pm

But I recently had a molar extracted (damn those bad genes for my narrow mouth). It was holding on for dear life so hard, they had to CUT MY TOOTH INTO 6 PIECES WHILE IN MY MOUTH TO REMOVE IT BIT BY BIT. The last part, the dentist got up on the chair with his pliers and told me to hang on.

Same thing happened to me with one of my wisdom teeth.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:07 pm | Edited by: Schooley

Damn, I had no idea abscesses could be fatal. When I was on tour with T-Model, Spam had a bad one that made the whole side of his jaw swell up. Man had never been to a dentist in his life. He just wanted to make frequent stops at gas stations to buy little single-serving packets of BC. I was like, "Shit Spam, at least buy a whole bottle!" I had no idea you could die from that. Didn't kill Spam, though.

T-Model's advice was to get some mouthwash and rinse it out, and he seemed to think that should take care of it.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:11 pm

can you chew? if not I guess that would rule out pot brownies.

pot milkshake?
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Tea.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:19 pm

i had my whole lower jaw removed thru my anus with no anasthesia at all, not even a local or shot of jaeger...then a lift gate from a '67 International Harvester was installed and I had to walk uphill thru a 9.5 earthquake in quicksand while battling flaming komodo dragons that could speak ebonics
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:21 pm

I'm glad I drink plenty of fluoridated water. My teeth don't bother me. I had the last vestiges of a wisdom tooth fall out on its own. I haven't seen a dentist in over six years...
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:23 pm

had my whole lower jaw removed thru my anus with no anasthesia at all, not even a local or shot of jaeger...
Is that such a bad thing?...
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 10:47 pm

I think I can manage to not smoke pot for a week. Quit cigarettes last month after about 15 years of smoking. It's just will power. Also, i think the pill will help.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 11:20 pm

I went to get a cavity filled one time and that hose the assistant puts in your mouth to suck out the saliva had too much suction and it sucked up my xiphoid process through my trachea and shot out of my mouth and punctured the assistant's jugular which spurted blood all over the dentist's eyes and in all of the confusion I made off with the nitrus tanks and sold them to some hippies...
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 11:27 pm

if i could i would walk around w/ one of those helmets that holds two cans of beer w/ tubes goin into your mouth but instead of cans o beer i'd have two bongs goin simutaneously. then i'd just carry my beers in my hands.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 11:35 pm

yo breff stank too, ape
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 11:55 pm

It's just will power
Yeah, man. It really is all about the dry sockets. Suction can loosen your scabs. Better to not have to incurr more cost.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 12:14 am

i had all of my wisdom teeth removed via oral surgery one week before my freshman year of high school. i started school with my face so fucked up and swollen i looked like Eirc Stoltz in Mask. awesome.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 12:48 am

I was born without wisdom teeth. I'm never gonna be wise.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 1:18 am

When I had my wisdoms removed ,they just used local. The sound of them ripping them out was like that of long rusty nails being pulled out of a 2X4. Reerck! ReeerK! ReeeRK!
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 9:30 pm

ive had some pain from wisdom teeves but that shit went away..I have some vicodin if ya want,,,
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 5:18 am

if i could i would walk around w/ one of those helmets that holds two cans of beer w/ tubes goin into your mouth

I had one of those but it was a baseball hat with two brims and it said "I heart beer" on it. Every time I wore it, if I leaned my head back at all, it made beer pour down my neck. it sucked.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®