Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Dems take control of Senate
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:22 am

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/08/election.main/index.html

Looks like Virginia has finally gone to the Democrats

excerpt:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democrats will control both the House and Senate after Jim Webb won a Senate seat by about 7,200 votes in Virginia, The Associated Press reported Wednesday.

Webb will have a formal press conference Thursday morning to officially declare victory, an aide said.

However, a source close to Sen. George Allen says the Republican incumbent wants to make clear he "has no intention of dragging this out."

A victory by Webb, a former secretary of the Navy, would give Democrats a 51-49 seat advantage.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:34 am

calling someone "macaca" can really have some serious repercussions...
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:35 am

woohoo!!! is this a great country you joined or what???
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:47 am

Womb Raider, you damn macaca!!!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:48 am

wow dude, what a day!!!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:00 am

Damn, I didn't expect both...
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:22 am

Impeach impeach impeach!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 7:13 pm

Looks like Allen is finally going to concede according to the CNN website.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:48 pm

What was the margin? About 6000 votes? How many Virginians do you think might have voted for Allen but were put off by the remark? Maybe about 6000?

I just love the idea that he may have single-handedly given the Senate to the Democrats when he said that.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:54 pm

allen's dad redskins head coach george allen was such a maniac he only saw life in terms of winners an losers. he once said to a guy over lunch "see that hamburger you're eatin??? he was a loser. the winner cow is off grazin in some field right now."
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:55 pm

REDSKINS RULE!!! vaguely.
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 8:55 pm

Posted: Dec 14, 2006 8:59 pm

I am praying that this guy comes through, for his sake and the damn USA. Supposedly the surgery went well and even though he was not speaking, he was able to understand people etc. He can still serve if cognitively together enough and with reasonable accomodations for someone with a disability. He ain't goin nowhere yet.
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 9:03 pm

I'm waiting for the Fox spin...

"Liberals cling to power and force crippled Senator to serve; Judgement could be questionable"
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 9:29 pm

the redskins still rule!
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 10:13 pm

That macaca better keep breathing.
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 10:36 pm

the dems just need bodies at this point. cognizant or not.
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 11:17 pm

Just prop him in a corner until such time as there's a clear majority. On life support if necessary. He can be the dems Terry Schiavo.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®