Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / more like sofia cop-out
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 12:20 am

dont go see marie antoinette [period]
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 12:47 am | Edited by: Davie

Looks like typical hipster fodder, but what made this especially bad?
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 1:06 am

word, and i fell for it...hard.

twenty minutes into it, boredom reared its head, but aesthetically i was hooked. an hour later i walked out, had a cigarette, and got my hamiltons back.

all in all, its just fucking boring.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 1:16 am

No fucking lie, I couldn't finish the fucker. There were so many opportunities to see her breasts, that and Rip Torn as King Louis ruined it.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 5:36 am

Dudes, I already brought this up a week ago, but nobody chimed in.

Looks like typical hipster fodder, but what made this especially bad?

SLOWWWWW. Beautifully shot, but mind numbingly slow and boring. It also uses Gang of Four in the opening credits, which may or may not annoy the shit out of you. That bitch tries too hard to be cool...
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:21 am

I am fully prepared to believe this movie blows, but I will not sit idly by while you bad mouth Rip Torn, the greatest actor of all time. There's no way he ruined anything. Are you telling me "the movie would have been great with Patrick Stewart or Peter O'Toole as King Louie, but Rip Torn ruined it."? I'm totally going to see this movie now (I didn't even know Rip was in it) just to prove you wrong, and then we will duel publicly so that I might defend Rip Torn's honor.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:52 pm

but I will not sit idly by while you bad mouth Rip Torn, the greatest actor of all time. There's no way he ruined anything.

thanks man, i appreciate the support. wait until the dvd comes out. its worth it for the outakes and bloopers alone. in one scene i'm titty fucking ms. dunst and blow my wad right in her eye and she starts screaming "it burns, it burns"
my secret, mustard sardines. man she's got great nipples!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:59 pm

That bitch tries too hard to be cool...

And she is so so so not.

I have admittedly liked all the production images from it though--gorgeous and the set designer is KK from The Screamers. At first I thought that was just more hipster bs for idiot Sofia, but he is *good*.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 5:25 pm

the set designer is KK from The Screamers.

did not know that. well, big ups to set design. i will admire the stills.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:03 pm

orgeous and the set designer is KK from The Screamers.

Holy shit, had no idea...
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:08 pm

i will admire the stills.

As will I. My girl wants me to see it this evening. Unfortunately, I'm headed to a late meeting at work. Merde!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:20 pm

KK is no hipster cred ??? Homeboys been big in hollywood for years..
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:22 pm

# Marie Antoinette (2006)
# I Heart Huckabees (2004)
# Lost in Translation (2003)
# Adaptation. (2002)
# Human Nature (2001)
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:38 pm

Adaptation was good!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:19 pm

I don't tend to pay attention to set designer's names...until I recognized his on Lost in Translation, so I looked it up and alas, same guy. Still, obviously, it retains some hipster cache, regardless of his talent. Look at everyone's reaction here.

Can we name other equally talented set designers? I cannot.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®