Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I am out of here
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:29 pm

after tomorrow... I am on vacation for a week, then I have baby Victor by C-section on 11/17! Woo hoo! I'm gonna go look for the Bush press conference now, I missed the first part where I guess he was making a total ass of himself (surprise!)
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:31 pm

Good luck Wendy! I was just emailing with your husband. Best wishes to all of you.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:33 pm

Why are you naming your baby after my dad?
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:46 pm

Hey Wendy take it easy! Give me a call or I'll do the same...good luck!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:49 pm

c-section??? are you insane??? we had our daughter by natural child birth. took about an hour. no drugs. wifey's tough.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:51 pm

we

Show me your scar!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:53 pm

What is the appeal of no drug childbirth? Not being a smartass, just don't get it. Why feel pain unnecessarily?
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:56 pm

it's not that painful (easy for me to say). you take a 6 week course an learn breathin an all kindsa ways that people had kids before the doctors started doin c sections an givin drugs so they don't have to wait around all day an can make more money. plus the epidural ain't so good for a newborn's brain. my daughter is the biggest kid in our town for her age an strong as an ox. most people are afraid of it though or do a c section outta convenience.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:00 pm

I still can't believe someone let you impregnate her.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:01 pm

Well, you may have a point. My wife had an epidural and my kid is a shrimp. Super smart, but not big at all. Like Shaggy from Scooby Doo scrawny. But so was my wife when she was little.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:04 pm

Drugs, please. Shit, what am I talking about - never gonna happen!

Good luck, Wendy! I'm mailing you something tomorrow...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:16 pm

my wife did the drug free child birth thing -- hell, i dont even like getting out of bed drug free -- wouldnt be my choice
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:23 pm

i'd be all about some drugs if i was about to push something the size of a freakin' watermelon out of me. fuck that.

i wouldn't want a c-section though. fuck alla that.

i'd push it out. just gimme some juice.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:30 pm

my wife is due in april...she has chosen to go the hippy route, drug free-midwife in the house insanity! we have had a couple of appointments already and it freaks me out. Yet, for once i actually agree with diggler!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:33 pm

and good luck Wendy C!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:34 pm

indeed. good luck!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:35 pm

yeah we had a midwife too. an judgin by the size of lauren's thighs she could probably give birth to brad x w/out feelin too much.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:39 pm

HA!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:05 pm

Both of our kids came the natural child birth way but Stef's a freaking trooper anyway.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:08 pm

t's not that painful (easy for me to say).

ARE YOU INSANE???
I'm not a huge fan of the epidural or induced birth, but you are fucking crazy (or your wife's of fine peasant stock) to think it's not that painful.
Giving birth is entirely painful and scary. Or, maybe that's just my southern sensibilites. As it was, although I tried not to do it, they had to do all that shit to me and rip ALL of my babies out of me (two forceps, two cords around their neck, one vacuum extraction and meconium staining.) I am one of those women who could not have been "tied to a tree" and would have died in childbirth even fifty years ago.

SORRY WENDY C. FOR SAYING THESE THINGS!! Birth is a real sore spot (HAHAHA) with me, and I get all bent out of shape when people say it doesn't hurt. Ideal situation is natural, no epidural, lots of demeral. But, whatever gets you through that night!!!

And, my kids are all really smart. Trick is...eat LOTS of protein while you're pregnant and you'll have smart kids.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:08 pm

i gave birth to some turds this morning.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:28 pm

you are fucking crazy (or your wife's of fine peasant stock) to think it's not that painful.

I guess everyone's experience is different. I've known people who thought it wasn't that painful, known some who pretty much hated men because it was so painful, and on ex of mine, who has two children loves giving birth. She said it was "great!" and said she didn't find it "painful," but said it was "extremely intense." She actually offered to carry a child for another friend of ours who couldn't get pregnant.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:54 pm

i will add that we live 5 minutes from the hospital which makes me feel better about the situation. if it were me i would want the cocktail.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:55 pm

Well, different strokes for different folks. And yes, it's extremely intense. And I do believe there's such a thing as different pain thresholds.

All I know is that it was extremely painful and scary for me all three times. I tried like hell not to have an epidural the last time because I have permanent nerve damage from one of them, but that didn't happen because Jack was "stuck" and they thought they'd have to do a Ceasarean.
My experience was that "the miracle of birth" was indeed a miracle. And, I wish to god someone had told me the first time that it hurt like motherfucking hell.

There is that thing, though...you really can't remember how much it hurts after it's over. And, of course, if you have an epidural and drugs it really doesn't hurt that much. It is pretty scary having a needle thrust into your spinal cord, though.

I also had to have a needle thrust into my abdomen for one of those tests. Like, a big long needle put through your stomach for genetic testing. No drugs...nothing. Boy, that was fun, too.

Anyway, sorry about all this, Wendy C. Best wishes and congratulations!!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 12:24 am

Yes, congratulations and good luck with everything!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 12:36 am

Dale gives me too much credit. Hurt like hell damnit. 1st one came so fast had to do it with no drugs(not by choice). 2nd was induction and had to hold him in to keep him from being born before dad came back from a shower. He barely made it. Kept saying to my friend Mel. Could you please find him for me. That one I did with an epidural (but it only worked on the left side). Good thing I'm made to breed so it comes easy for me.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:00 am

asked wifey if it was painful an she said "no. not really. it was pain w/ a purpose." (then again her mom had 8 kids.) i think if you take the 6 week course an are prepared for it an learn the breathin techniques an other natural ways to give birth it lessons your anxiety levels. i think a lot of pain (aside from the part that fuckin hurts) is your stress level regardin it (an i've had kidney stones an chronic back pain til i mastered it mentally years ago so i know from pain). but child birth is one area i'm gonna have to concede i'm not an expert at since i only watched an helped. oh yeah, an we did it in a hospital (columbia presbetyrian on 220th st. an broadway overlookin the harlem river an baker field) w/a midwife an a doctor (the hospital required it) my hats off to all ladies who give birth whichever way they do it. includin wendy c. good luck..
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:16 am

baby Victor von doom
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®