Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bush Press Conference Today
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:52 pm

6 minutes away ---
will Rummy step down? wouldnt that be crucial, dude?
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:54 pm

I can't wait. Hopefully Rove is next. Then if the house could just start investigating Wolfowitz....
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:55 pm

Hallelujah! I feel like donning a big garish hat and praising COGIC today. THANK YOU!!!!!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:55 pm

Colbert last night was awesome, eating the Osama cake. How did the Democrats get us into this fucking quagmire?
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 5:56 pm

I taped it--I crashed by 10PM last night. All that anticipation and days of rain got to me.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:00 pm

will Rummy step down? wouldnt that be crucial, dude?

Yep, and yep.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:18 pm

This press conference is GREAT! Bush is beside himself on some of these questions! Also, Senat just ticked over to 50 for the democrats with one left undecided.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:20 pm

woohoo!!! the fbi should just storm the white house now an lock these fuckers up. america rules!!!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:25 pm

OK, y'all are seriously making me want to leave work early...again.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:25 pm

HAHA! Bush just said "Do you think I'm nuts? Do you think I've lost my sensibility...working on the campaign trail?"
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:29 pm

which state just turned democrat an which one is left???
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:31 pm

I think VA is the only one still counting; I've been watching the press conference.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:34 pm

that's the one that is going to have to be recounted anyway, anything within 1% state pays for recount
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:34 pm

I heard that it may take a couple of WEEKS for the VA recount when it happens.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:36 pm

Montanna went Dem, Virginia is the only one left. Rumors are a recount will be done, counting absentee, and could tied up for weeks. Current results in Virginia, with 99.88% of the precints reporting:
J H Webb Jr Democratic 1,172,534 49.55%
G F Allen Republican 1,165,227 49.24%

Taken from http://sbe.virginiainteractive.org/index.htm
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:36 pm

exactly, though i heard last night on the last vote there they had a recount and it was off something absurd, like only 38 votes
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:37 pm

Theater of the Absurd. I love it when W wings it. His last 3-4 press conferences have been highly entertaining.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:38 pm

I'm listening... Bush is so pissed.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:38 pm

so missouri went democrat??? that's great news. they were the ones that stabbed us in the back last election (an ohio). this election is proof positive that people like dr. banned are full of shit. congrats to everybody who voted. you are true americans. we owe it to our brave men an women in the military to bring em back to their families an take em outta an unwinnable situation an only use em in the future when we can put them in a position to be succesful. that's what we got bombs for (even though i ain't for war under any circumstances except self-defense.) that's what clinton did. bombed out saddam's airforce an stuff so he couldn't really do anything. an from here on out let the superpowers in each region do their thing i.e. china an north korea. after their nuclear test china withheld oil from them for the month of september an made em say they were sorry an they'll never do it again. let saudi arabia or whoever deal w/ these "islamic fundamentalists."
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:39 pm

so missouri went democrat???

Missouri went Dem early this morning.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:41 pm

i should be watching this but it's in the mid 60s today and i gotta get outside.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:46 pm

this election is proof positive that people like dr. banned are full of shit

I voted. I did my part. However, if you believe that Dem = good, and Reps = bad, well, then you're part of the problem.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 6:54 pm

i already said only the creeps will win but there's a matter of degree. an the dems are definately preferable to the republicans. anyway, congrats for votin, banned. you're a real american too.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:03 pm

an the dems are definately preferable to the republicans.

Even that's a matter of degrees. People sometimes seem to forget when shit isn't going the way they like it how much evil shit the people before them were involved in. At least you'll never see republicans trying to take our guns away. It's alot easier to defend yourself against an oppressive government when you're armed.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:09 pm

its a weird feeling voting for someone who actually won - i'm not used to this shit
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:10 pm

I don't care about owning a gun, so it don't bother me at all...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:12 pm

I don't care about owning a gun, so it don't bother me at all...

And I don't care about spreading white supremacist propaghanda, but it's good having a gun to be able to stand up and protect another man's right to do it, if that's his perogative.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:12 pm

the only guns the dems wanna take away are assault weapons an handguns to protect your friends in law enforcement an people in the inner cities. why does anybody need a handgun??? if you wanna have a rifle that's your inalienable right. an i also already said that what essentially happened was we replaced the moderate republicans w/ conservative democrats. but i'll take it.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:17 pm

The only guns I've ever had were hand guns and assault rifles. You can't conceal a rifle. Rifles are good for hunting, but that's about it. A rifle does not do you any good in close quarters.

Some people need protection from law enforcment.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:18 pm

its a weird feeling voting for someone who actually won - i'm not used to this shit

You said it, man.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:19 pm

why does anybody need a handgun???

Squirels are vicious, man.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:22 pm

but it's good having a gun to be able to stand up and protect another man's right to do it, if that's his perogative.

Gimmie a fucking break. If this would seriously sway your vote towards Republicans in a time of sleaze politics and war, you gotta be crazy. That's a red herring, along with the gay marriage bullshit. Not a real issue. You can keep your hunting rifle to shoot out those cops, they just wanna make sure you don't have Columbine ammo.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:23 pm

I saw what people use when handguns are hard to find on the streets in Siberia. I'd much rather be shot with a pistol than a flare gun, if I had to choose. Of course, even when guns were not easily available, the worst of the criminals never had any problem finding them. The militia (cops) might not have guns, but that never protected me from having one pulled on me from a gangster.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:25 pm

That's a red herring

It was a non-issue in this particular election but an issue that is important to me. Gay marriage is not a red herring, it's obviously important to people who should probably be shot in the first place. How are we going to have purges without columbine ammo?
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:27 pm

...and in an era where martial law is a potential possibility, having the right to arm yourself is more important than ever...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:36 pm

banned, I think you're safe out in the sticks, sleeping on your parents urine-soaked couch. What do you need a handgun for? I mean you're not an actual member of society or anything.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:39 pm

I mean you're not an actual member of society or anything.

HFK, nigga.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:41 pm

A ragtag assortment of nutjob Americans with handguns aren't going to prevent anybody from instating martial law, anyways. Cops and army are pretty well armed...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:42 pm

guns are stupid.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:46 pm | Edited by: banned

A ragtag assortment of nutjob Americans with handguns aren't going to prevent anybody from instating martial law

It has nothing to do with preventing martial law, it has everything to do with defending oneself from whatever potential threats are out there.

guns are stupid.

Guns are not stupid. Unfortunately, a large percentage of people who own them are.

You don't blame tools, you blame the people who use them incorrectly. The same arguments that you people are throwing against guns have the same core as the arguments that is used to criminalize psychoactive chemicals and perpetuate the war on drugs, which has done far more damage to our country than the war on terror has.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:46 pm

God damn what a brother gotta do
To get a message through

To the red white and blue

What? I gotta die?
Before you realize
I was a brother with open eyes

The world's insane
While you drink champagne

And I'm livin' in black rain

You try to ban the A.K.
I got ten of 'em stashed
With a case of hand grenades

(Tell us what to do?) Fuck you!
(Tell us whatto do?) Fuck you!

You'd know what to do
If a bullet hit your kid
On the way to school
Or a cop shot your kid in the back yard
Shit would hit the fan and hit hard!

CHORUS
I hear it every night, another gun fight

The tension mounts
On with the body count!

God damn what a brother gotta do
To get a message through
To the red, white and you?

What? I gotta die? Before you realize
I was a nigga with open eyes

The world's insane
While you drink champagne
And I'm livin' in black rain

Don't you hear the guns?
You stupid, dumb, dick suckin'
Bum politicians

The tension mounts!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 7:53 pm

eh...what makes you think that those assault rifles aren't to be found on the black market anyway? shiiiiiiiit.

got a handgun. not afraid to use it if someone comes bargin' up in my house. fuck that. the house down the street got robbed and someone raped because of a forced entry. scary shit. makes me happy to know there's a gun here in case something fucked up like that happens.

i love watching the republicans shake in their boots and resign. it's AMAZING. hahah. they're squirmin' cuz they know they could be tried with bush too. i hope rove that fat fuck goes. the door couldn't hit him in the ass on the way out soon enough.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 8:20 pm | Edited by: CrucialDude

A ragtag assortment of nutjob Americans with handguns aren't going to prevent anybody from instating martial law, anyways. Cops and army are pretty well armed...

wake up, people! am i the only one here who saw the movie Red Dawn!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:18 pm | Edited by: hollis brown

wake up, people! am i the only one here who saw the movie Red Dawn!

as far as Lea Thompson movies go, my favorite i prefer All The Right Moves.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:22 pm

AVENGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 9:42 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Screw handguns or rifles for home protection. If someone breaks in at night and you're scared, or half-asleep, or not a very good shooter, or "the perp" is not at very close range, you're likely to miss the guy with a handgun or a rifle. The way to go for home protection is a short-barrelled 12-gauge shotgun. Just fire in the general direction of the intruder and you're gonna make some contact, even if you're blind. And nobody's trying to outlaw standard shotguns now.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:41 pm

does anyone have a link for the entire bush press conference
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:03 pm

Screw handguns or rifles for home protection. If someone breaks in at night and you're scared, or half-asleep, or not a very good shooter, or "the perp" is not at very close range, you're likely to miss the guy with a handgun or a rifle. The way to go for home protection is a short-barrelled 12-gauge shotgun. Just fire in the general direction of the intruder and you're gonna make some contact, even if you're blind. And nobody's trying to outlaw standard shotguns now

Right on HJ. That's my sentiment exactly.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:19 pm

The only guns I've ever had were hand guns and assault rifles. You can't conceal a rifle. Rifles are good for hunting, but that's about it. A rifle does not do you any good in close quarters.

Some people need protection from law enforcment.

Rifles make for good home security. The sound alone of a 12guage getting racked is enough to clear any suspicious activity away from the vicintity of one's home. They also make a big hole if the shady characters refuse to move on. Trust me on that one.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:28 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

does anyone have a link for the entire bush press conference

"Say, why all the glum faces?"
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:30 pm

No, I knew you'd probably try to get me to start negotiating with myself.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:30 pm

Rifles make for good home security. The sound alone of a 12guage getting racked is enough to clear any suspicious activity away from the vicintity of one's home. They also make a big hole if the shady characters refuse to move on. Trust me on that one.

A shotgun is not a rifle. I agree that shotguns are the best for home security.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:33 pm

other gems...

I do understand where the people - the heart of the people. I understand they're frustrated. I am too, as I said the other day. I wish this had gone faster. So does Secretary Rumsfeld.

But the reality is that it's a tough fight. And we're going to win the fight. And I truly believe the only way we won't win is if we leave before the job is done.

Q: (OFF-MIKE)

BUSH: I know. Terrible principle. I'm sorry.

Q: Thank you, sir.

BUSH: Think I'm nuts?

(LAUGHTER)

You think my sensibilities left me as a result of working hard on the campaign trail?

(LAUGHTER)

(CROSSTALK)

Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:39 pm

Rifles make for good home security.
A rifle isn't the same as a 12-gauge, which is a shotgun. A shotgun fires shells filled with shot, a rifle fires bullets. The shotgun would be great for home protection since the shot "sprays" when fired, making it effective for novices. A rifle is gonna be trickier and will require a steadier hand and a better aim. And like you mentioned, the sound of the shotgun racking is way more menacing.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:47 pm | Edited by: banned

Plus, shotguns can be modified to have a shorter barrel, making for more spread and greater ease of use in a confined space. Rifles are good for hitting things long range. They are not recommended for home defense.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 11:52 pm

Sawed off Mosberg pumps with the pistol grip are the shit.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 3:39 am | Edited by: Useless Eater

The Punisher used an FIE SPAS 12 guage with pistol grips and a drum magazine when I was 12 and a good time was had by all.

Also, firing slugs in a 12 guage is crucial.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 4:04 am

thumper
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 4:07 am

If someone breaks in at night and you're scared, or half-asleep, or not a very good shooter, or "the perp" is not at very close range,

hence why i know how to shoot. i'll be fucking damned if someone is gonna fuck with me. i'm a crackerjack ace shot with a handgun. my grandpa taught me well.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 5:40 am

Yeah, another nice thing about them is that if you are nuts and stupid, they are too big to carry around. Hence, nobody wants to outlaw them. Handguns, on the other hand...
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 8:23 am

A shotgun is not a rifle. I agree that shotguns are the best for home security

Yeah...You guys are right. I was just speaking in general terms and not technical. I'm not a gun nut by any stretch of the imagination but was raised to respect them on know how to use one. I've had 12guage since I was 12. I've never had to shoot it in a home security situation (luckily) and it is put away and out of reach but still readily accessable enough if I heard some unfamiliar voices creeping through my home but would be my last result following some mace and a baseball bat.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 8:30 am

a dog is better than a gun
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 8:35 am

Depends on the dog...or the person holding the gun.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 11:01 am

Looks liek W is once again running back to daddy to help him with the whole "being President" thing.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 1:04 pm

You guys are nuts. It's swords that are the most effective. A couple of quick slashes to the intruder's braces and voila! - he's stood there red faced with his trousers round his ankles.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah, another nice thing about them is that if you are nuts and stupid, they are too big to carry around. Hence, nobody wants to outlaw them. Handguns, on the other hand...

Bullshit. My friend just got a weapons violation because they retrieved his shotgun from a stolen van that they couldn't link him too. He carried that thing everywhere. Modified barrel. Pistol grip. Not all that big. He was able to hide it on himself when he was breaking into this coke dealer's house to spy on 'em.

hence why i know how to shoot.

It's hot when chicks know how to use guns. It's a huge turnoff however, when a girl asks you to take her shooting, and then they do not practice good gun ettiquette and start waving it all over the place. Kinda makes you wanna pistol whip 'em.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 2:30 pm

Bush, on Osama Bin Laden:

"So I don't know where he is. Nor -- you know, I just don't spend that much time on him really, to be honest with you."

seems like pretty poor politics so say this about a man who carried out such a large attack on american soil. on the other hand, pretty good politics if that man's your buddy.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®