Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / KKBBQ BOOTED from the Cobras Tour
Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 11:46 pm

Oh well. Probably a good idea anyway. Here is a message from Khan. I personally would have made a far more hateful statement, but what can you do... Anyway, there are some last-minute shows available to be booked now. If you can help, write me: marksultan@yahoo.com :

Hello children of the revolution....
we got a phone call a few hours ago from the tour manager of the cobras... he said that they are sick of us and dont want us to continue the tour.... the reason? we missed one show in birmingham cuz our tire popped and it took too long to get it fixed for the show. and then we cancelled one show in florida tonight because our vocal chords are blown out and we needed a day of rest... were the cobras reprimanded for cancelling all sorts of canadian dates and fucking US over? no... these money-grubbing fuckers just dont want the east coast to see us... it's not our fault that we blew away these back-stabbers every night.... what a waste. we have decided to keep the battle going and will book our own shows up the east coast cuz i have to go home to my kids with some dough that was stolen out of my hands by adult babies with broken egos... so all in all please boycott these criminals (who asked us to come on this fuckin tour) and stay tuned in the next few days for an update of our NEW shows....fuck rock star fuckbags.... DEATH CULT UNITE..... beware the soulless vermin....
lots of love and fun
king bamalama khan
emancipator of rock n roll
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 11:52 pm

laaaaaame.
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 11:54 pm

You can play at our shop if ya want?
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 11:59 pm

it's not our fault that we blew away these back-stabbers every night

Sez it all, right there.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:02 am

fuck those mongo pussies...i bet the shows you'll play on yr own will turn out better anyways. GOOD LUCK dudes
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:08 am

Your Toronto show will be packed to the gills next week! Keep strong and don't take your frustrations out on that delightful chauffeur of yours. Rest assured that you will be reincarnated as snake charmers.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:18 am

Now I'm even more happy that I left before they played, what a bunch of tools.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:19 am

figures "ed" would have somethin to do w/ this. what a fuckin asshole. never trust anybody w/ dyed hair.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:29 am

fucking pathetic...

anyways...see ya in ottawa on the 20th....it's gonna be a blast
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting sixteene, "They shoulda have known that from the beginning!"

Good luck dudes!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:09 am

I guess those blown vocal chords had nothing to do with the free show you all played the day AFTER the paying gig in Atlanta. Why complain when ya dissed the one that brung ya to the party by booking gigs that directly completed with the tour package and undermined the receipts?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:21 am

fuck those assholes. their the reason why i couldn't come to the shows in the first place. expensive as fuck! hate them.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:22 am

I always knew the "Detroit Cobras" sucked eggs. Fuck those poseurs.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:26 am

figures "ed" would have somethin to do w/ this.

He does? Is he their tour manager?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:27 am

I know he played gitar with the Cobras on a few dates last year, but I don't know if he is now. I don't think so.....?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:51 am

I guess those blown vocal chords had nothing to do with the free show you all played the day AFTER the paying gig in Atlanta. Why complain when ya dissed the one that brung ya to the party by booking gigs that directly completed with the tour package and undermined the receipts?

that's completely retarded. they got every reason to be pissed, the smith's old bar show was packed as shit so kkbbq didnt take anything away from them by playing a house show. (some of the cobra douchebags even showed up.) but what they did do is give their poorer and underage fans a chance to see them and not have to hang out with douchebags at a lame club. that second show wasnt about money is was community and kkbbq are better people for doing it.

hope things work out for you guys.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:29 am

Saw this one coming...
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:47 am

when people tell ya what to do it ain't rock an roll. even greg brady couldn't wear the suit. playin a free all ages show is fuckin cool (unless it's at passgas). how on earth could anybody get criticised for that???

(my only criticsm is that it's gay to cancel shows at any time. i had fuckin kidney stones once, played at cbgb'sthat night an then got rushed to the hospital an was on a plane to london the next day for a tour (90 count bottle of percocets in hand of course. real percocets not those oxycondone bullshit they give ya now.)
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:50 am

jesus... you know NOTHING of the 'business side' of this tour, so shut it. seriously. it's insulting that you actually think you can chime in and insult us. even you'd be surprised at how we were getting paid. but whatever. we played a FREE show in atlanta, so fuck off. and when we booked another show in seattle, we made 100$ and lost the bigger show because of people with fucked up attitudes like you. wanna talk gravy, try making peanuts and seeing the headliner rake in ridiculous guarantees while your friends are paying 15$ to see YOU. you know nothing, so fuckin shut your ignorant trap. lemme guess: you have a flaming eight-ball tattoo?

and mr. diggler, i played the first 3 weeks of this tour with a broken wrist, so let's not pull the pussy card.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:53 am

Please post the new shows as soon as you have them lined up!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:53 am

~~~~~~~~oh snap!~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:54 am

and yes, the 8 (?) cancelled cobras gigs throughout canada meant we LOST a shitload of money. so suck it.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:56 am

You're a hardcore dude, DD. Party!

I agree about cancelling...It's super dickish.

The rock don't stop.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:57 am

Hang in there, Mark. You'll make it home with $$$.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:01 am

Racehl Nagy is mad because Khan wouldn't give it up to her...she scared him...
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:02 am

as long as cover our trip, we're cool. we didn't do this for money. but it woulda been nice to play the whole thing to sell merch or whatever. we're hanging in fine.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:07 am

Fuck those rock stars. Khan and BBQ will always be better, and plus they wouldnt have the gall to charge $15
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:07 am

NYC has you covered if you want it.Mark, email me asap!!!!

The funny thing. Time Out just did a full page feature piece on YOUR band!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:21 am

tour with ShaNaNA next time

I hear they're the Kings of cover bands (and don't mind if you eat off their deli trays)
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:27 am

yo we can book you tomorrow night 11/7 - in mimai/ft lauderdale.... call me 786 200 0225 0r email me info@newartschool.net
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:28 am

i met bowzer once. he was mellow. graduated from columbia. didn't he play sax on too much too soon???
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:32 am

shanana!!!! bowser!!!!flinstone vitamin overdose flashbacks!!!! thanks for impaling their image on my brain. hahahahah
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:33 am

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/Issues/2006-11-02/music/livewire7.html

was sooo looking forward to the miami show. we opened for cobras last year and were not too impressed
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:36 am

so you're just going to follow them around right? set up and play your show outside the clubs they're playing? put the hat on the ground, ask for donations? i'm sure there's enough people here to spread the word. you'd probably make more money than playing inside, plus, you get to piss on their van.
free show on the street vs. paying out the ass for a cover band full of junkies.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:46 am

jesus... you know NOTHING of the 'business side' of this tour, so shut it. seriously.
gee, ain't it great when ya air you biz in a free-for-all public forum! you get the darnest variety of response, don't ya?

Hey, I just call 'em like I see 'em. Thought it was an entirely valid point worth noting.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:50 am

yo so whats up with tommorrow night in Ft Ladedade/Miami?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:54 am

blah, blah, blah undermined the receipts? blah, blah

we were never talking the same language to begin with.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:56 am

how about this language: "beer, food, money, indoor plumbing, rock, south florida?"
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:02 am

Dood, you never cancel Canada, those guys need the good music....

Just play outdoor acoustic shows at rest stops every 200-300 miles on the highway, that's what Jeff Beck does nowadays...
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:25 am

Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:35 am

so are you guy still doing the orlando show thursday night?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:43 am

throw us a bone down here in south florida
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:11 am

see you guys thursday. i'll get you some beers.

love.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:37 am

The first post-booted gig should be a make shift "Festival" called

"The 1st Annual Detroit Cobras smell like Open-Ass Fest"
with Headliners: The King Khan & BBQ Show

message boards and myspace could blow it way up.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:39 am

when kkbbq played here, we all left before the cobras played. I dont know anybody who gives a shit about that band(maybe a few hipster dudes and kids from the art college). I'm glad we got into the show free. 15.00 is dumb. dumb.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:48 am

dudes, you should still play philly.... check out the tritone or get in touch with the jukebox zeros
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:16 am

seriously. you need to follow them and play on the street outside thier gigs. getting arrested would be worth it. you have enough grass roots support to pull it off.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:27 am

Don't forget kids-There's two sides to every story.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:44 am

what the fuck made you think it was a good idea opening up for the detroit cobras at $15 shows in the first place?

seriously, kk&bbq- you're a $5/cover band.

leave the $15 shows to detroit cobras, bell rays, ponys, mooney suzuki, hives, etc.

when will garage rockers learn the difference between shit and reality?

what's next- little steven's underground garage tour opening slot?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:59 am

i agree. i would much rather play a smaller place for 5$ a head and fun and all that, but the opportunity arose to finally do things 'officially' and 'legally', etc... but none of that even panned out in the end. we fell for the bait. and the bait wasn't money. but, ya, we made a bad decision. in my opinion, that doesn't excuse our wasted time, lost guarantees and the bullshit we have dealt with from everyone from the bookers on through to some promoters to the cobras and blah blah blah. and yes, if cooler heads prevailed early on, this post shoulda just notified folks of the cancelled tour. but you know this woulda just led to this same discussion in explaining shit.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:01 am

and you hinting that we are sell-outs is a larf. we are realistic. that's why we tried to do things right for a change. the whole thing is a disillusional mess on every side no matter what you do.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:01 am

eave the $15 shows to detroit cobras, bell rays, ponys, mooney suzuki, hives, etc.

I think you are a bit off the mark here.. KK BBQ show could charge 7-8 bucks and peopel would still go.. Also to lump the ponys in with those other bands is way off the mark as well..

when will garage rockers learn the difference between shit and reality?

Also I dig how you love to throw the whole garage thing around...When will ex hardcore dudes stop forming Ironic Hard Rock bands ???
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:03 am

Jay Reatard and BBQ suck each other's dicks.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:05 am

People actually pay 15 bucks to see the Bell-Rays?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:06 am

Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:25 am

I've walked out on the Detroit Cobras three times and counting (why do all the best bands open up for that shitpile?).

I would gladly pay good money just to see KK y BBQ come back to Portland.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:29 am

I felt like I should have paid for the house show. boo @ being underage and being a candidate for mtv's 'real life: i'm dead broke'
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:37 am | Edited by: mikesniper

If it means anything, I had no idea that Detroit Cobras were headlining the East Coast dates, or even on it! Seriously. I didn't know until you got kicked off. The first thought through a lot of people's minds was probably "Why would they want to go on after them?" Maybe that had something to do with it?

I don't know them personally at all, so I'm not going to assume they're complete dicks, but I think everyone out here was/is psyched to see YOU guys. Detroit Cobras fans will see them and your fans will see you, so whatever.

A very good couple of NYC shows would be easy enough to put together. You can play with us (LiveFastDie), Little Killers, Imaginary Icons, Baby Shakes whoever, we could put it together in literally hours. I'm sure Tom or Tim Warren already have cooked some ideas up.

Sucks. What's with all the band feuds? Webshits and blahblahblahs.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:09 pm

real percocets not those oxycondone bullshit they give ya now.)

Haven't read all this. Don't matter. Percocets in any age are pretty much bullshit. Oxycodone (depending on milligram) is atleast as good.

Ned, you don't know shit about pills. An Oxycontin would send you to the ER for good.

ps. shut the fuck up.

xoxoxoxoxox

pisss. Professor Snipes, shut the fruck up.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 12:16 pm

Yes, an NYC show is a no-brainer. Passgas (that's fuckin hilarious) would be easy/perfect. Or cool and Ctrazy. Or my roof..

Detroit Cobras have a fialry revolving memberhip, so that's whateveer, but Carol rules....but they're still a cover band, so;....
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:16 pm

"Hey I got an idea, let's dig up a handful of obscure soul songs the masses won't recognize, find some chick that can sing, and start a band. We'll make thousands!"
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:35 pm

I don't think the Detroit Cobras are the worst thing in the world by any stretch of the imagination and I couldn't really comment on them personally, but their crowd is fucking annoying.

I've seen them with Reigning Sound opening and now KK and BBQ. Both times, the idiots that came for the Cobras sat at tables with scowls on their faces while the real rock n roll was being belted out by the opening bands. Total butterhead idiots with zero ability to decide on their own if they like a band or not. I walked out as soon as KK and BBQ were done this time around.

Well, I hope you guys can salvage some dates and bring home some money for your troubles.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 1:49 pm

"Hey I got an idea, let's dig up a handful of obscure soul songs the masses won't recognize, find some chick that can sing, and start a band."

I find it difficult to complain about such a band concept. There's been far worse in recent years. I don't know anything about the KKBBQ/DC stuff other than what's posted here, but decent concept or not, it's not hard to imagine them booting KKBBQ for exactly those reasons. Hope they get some good shows on the East Coast put together.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:09 pm

If it means anything, I had no idea that Detroit Cobras were headlining the East Coast dates, or even on it! Seriously. I didn't know until you got kicked off.
everyone out here was/is psyched to see YOU guys.

my thoughts exactly. i didn't know they were on the bill either. i was really looking forward to that philly show.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:15 pm

hey gaylick eat a bag of ass. i've taken hundreds of fuckin percocets in my lfe an the old style ones had a far more opiate effect (more heroin-like if you will). you're a stupid little shit. i can't wait to finally run into you an send you to the dentist you little art faggot.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:28 pm

come to Asheville, NC!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:38 pm

here in ottawa most people were going to the show to see the detroit cobras. they're really popular here. they would have brought in a few hundred people. kk & bbq are not very well known here. they played here to 20 people in feb 05. which is strange because montreal is only 2 hours away. but everyone is too fucking busy wanking over arcade fire and other hipster shit. the detroit cobras show would have been a great chance for kk & bbq to win over tons of new fans here, because they would have. but fuck the cobras, kk&bbq are coming here anyway to play their show on nov 20th, at irene's pub. it is going to be a great night of rock n roll!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 2:43 pm

fuck the detroit cobras - even they can't help but nod off during their boring sets -- but i wanna hear more from diggler about the days when you could buy percocets for a nickle!

kkbbq rule!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:07 pm

still come to dc or baltimore, just don't play on the 13th cause i've got to go see GnR. i'll email someone to see if anything can be set up.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:31 pm

open for gnr!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:46 pm

The rumor mill from a friend who is (still) a huge GnR fan says that axl isn't happy playing to 3500 people in 13,000 seat arenas. could be that papa roach opening is the problem. replace then & a win for KK & BBQ, a win for GnR
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 3:49 pm

anyone have kaplan's email? I got some strong words for him
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:01 pm

where to vote in yo town- p.diddy
http://www.vote411.org/pollingplacebystate.php
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:06 pm

i didn't mean anything personal, mark. i like kk &bbq. i would definately go see y'all at a club for $5-8. i would definately skip the detroit cobras show. that's all i meant.

and jay, don't take things so personally. we're all trying to figure this shit out at the same time. this is the process we have to go through to figure out how and why some bands do ipod commercials and some bands don't. or why some bands sell tickets though ticketmaster and some bands play basements. or how some bands try to straddle the fence.

it's a learning process for all of us.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:07 pm

what the fuck made you think it was a good idea opening up for the detroit cobras at $15 shows in the first place?

seriously, kk&bbq- you're a $5/cover band.

leave the $15 shows to detroit cobras, bell rays, ponys, mooney suzuki, hives, etc.

The cost of gasoline, putting out records, and living in general is ridiculously high these days, but for some reason people still bitch if a band charges more than $5 at the door!?! How long has $5 been the standard by which people won't bitch? 20 years now??? Just a really ridiculous criticism especially in light of the loads of cash people, myself included, spend on booze at shows. Give 'em a break!

For what it's worth, everyone I knew who went to the show in Austin went to see KK & BBQ. I left before the Detroit Cobras played.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:11 pm

I left before the Detroit Cobras played.

me too. well i watched 3/4 of the first song. borrrriinngg!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:16 pm

I decided against going to either of the LA area shows. The shit was expensive and going to the Sunset strip on a Saturady night is just asking for a bad time.

I used to be a big Detroit Cobras fan, until thelast 2 times I saw them when all Rachel did was beg the crowd for herion and then lay down on the stage after 3 songs.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:19 pm

I used to be a big Detroit Cobras fan, until thelast 2 times I saw them when all Rachel did was beg the crowd for herion and then lay down on the stage after 3 songs.

That's the dumbest shit I ever heard.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:24 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I will usually trust my first assumptions re: suckiness. I remember about 9 years ago when their record was on the floor of Someone Who Shall Remain Nameless (from Memphis) floor. The entire household was raving on them. I knew when I took one look at that skank we were talking, "Third rate waste o time." I can honestly say I have never knowingly listened to that band. I know I'd despise them.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:25 pm

but more importantly, would dtrain kick her out of the sack?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:30 pm

"Third rate waste o time."

Whatever... I mean, certain people have run that record in the ground and I dont know what happened with KK&BBQ... but they had some pretty good records. Village of Love 45 rules.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:33 pm

yeah, i'd have to say the first batch of singles and even first album killed, but the membership has changed so much that it's not anywhere near that band anymore
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:38 pm

I just know it wasn't my thing. I am not really discussing KK & BBQ just responding to Hadda Big Day's post on the singer's pathetic display at a show of theirs.

Just sayin'. Enjoy that shit.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:50 pm

opiate effect (more heroin-like if you will).

Um. Yeah. Heroin is of the opiate family (if you will). Duh.

Seeya tonite at Cocococco(your Ma)ma?

Dentist? It's been over a decade, Healthcare Ned.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:51 pm

yeah, i'd have to say the first batch of singles and even first album killed, but the membership has changed so much that it's not anywhere near that band anymore

I tend to agree with this. Never saw them with Steve Shaw and Jeff Meier but there is an audible difference on the record(s).
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:55 pm

Is KK&BBQ ever coming to Miami? The weather is really nice down here (especially around this time of year, when the humidity dies down) and we have very tasty food (the near-tropical climate is ideal for exotic fruit fare like biriba and sapodilla, which I can whip up into a pretty mean sorbet). I can think of lots of people who would be more than happy to put you guys up for the night (or for the month, or whatever).

All of my friends and I were really looking forward to tonight's show, and we're pretty bummed that it's cancelled. Not to be rude or slanderous, but the Detroit Cobras were rather boring when they played in Ft. Lauderdale last year (Reigning Sound were great, though), and most of the crowd (myself included) walked out after the second song; I don't think any of us were interested in seeing a repeat performance. Everyone I know who was going out tonight was going to see KK&BBQ.

Dominic from New Art School can set up club shows pretty quickly, even if he isn't the best looking guy in the world (somebody should really tell him to lose a few pounds - he just doesn't look healthy). If you'd rather do an outdoors kind of thing, I can always break out the generator and do an Everglades show. Of course, there always seems to be a problem with animal corpses on the site we use when we do that - last time there were several large garbage bags full of disemboweled pigs rotting away, surrounded (ironically enough) by scattered bottles of Wild Boar. Before that there were a couple of mummified dogs (dobermans, I think, but there's fairly widespread disagreement on that point), and before that there was a dead horse (which everyone pretty much agrees was a palomino). You also have to worry about the alligators, mostly because drunk showgoers will try to hit them with rocks (by the way, that stuff you hear about running in a zig-zag line to escape an alligator isn't true - if they want you, they'll catch you). Anyway, you should come to Miami.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:55 pm | Edited by: bored

I used to be a big Detroit Cobras fan, until thelast 2 times I saw them when all Rachel did was beg the crowd for herion and then lay down on the stage after 3 songs

That's the dumbest shit I ever heard.

That actually sounds a little more entertaining than sitting through a whole cobras set. I might have stayed to watch them if I knew that... and its the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 4:58 pm

Dirk woulda held up a fistful of percocets and been like, "Here, take these, they're just as good! Least they were in 1983."
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:03 pm

I gotta say the 40 count of Percocets I was prescibed in 1984 for my tonsilectomy RULED. I'd take them now--my stepmom stole like the last 10.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:05 pm

gaylick's just tryin to show his ignorance of drugs. where's dr. banned when you need him???
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:08 pm

Uh, sorry, I know banned and I know a thing or two about "the drugs."

In fact, I have woken up drunk and am currently making fun of you on "the Goner board."

Back to sleep soon. Just gotta count the garage-rockers jumping over Relevance.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:09 pm

Pissing on a doggie bed.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:10 pm

"my daddy has a gun/he can't shoot it at no one/not even Mom or the postman/my daddy's shootin blanks again"
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:11 pm

Just gotta count the garage-rockers jumping over Relevance

Post of the day
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:14 pm

you two losers were made for each other. get a room.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:15 pm

yeah no kidding the show set up for thursday in Orlando, will be packed. I hope this doesnt get cancelled. Even if we had to do a last minute wednesday show it would still have a great turnout. Especially now that its not with the Detroit Cobras. It would be great if you guys played tiny ass Uncle Lous and out sold the Cobras at a 500 capacity club
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:20 pm

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaa...

thanks.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:22 pm

What am I missing? I need a good laugh.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:30 pm

What am I missing? I need a good laugh.

Counting sheep metaphor. Proceed with laughter.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:32 pm

Hadda Big Day's
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:43 pm

Forget the elections this is the topic of the day. It seems nobody has anything good to say about the Cobras live, I take it they suck live. On records they are good even though the originals are way better. Still I would be curious to hear the Cobras side of this story. That said I have seen King Khan and BBQ and they put on a SHOW and dont have no attitude. Still sucks these guys have to go through this bullshit
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:48 pm

Hadda Big Day's

What should I refer to "him" as? "HBD" "Day" "Hadda" "Big Hadda"???
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:49 pm

It's kinda funny... Slovely Pete dragged me to a DC's show my first trip to NYC at the Bowery Ballroom and they were really great and the whole place was dancing. That's my only experience with them. I've never heard one of their records and I've never heard anyone ever say anything good about them live. Whatever, fuck 'em. I don't care about nothin' anyway.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:51 pm

lame
happier timez

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canderson/291634870/

i don't think i know of anyone who stayed or watched Cobras
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 5:51 pm

Never seen em live but if one or more are junkies, I'd rather have my tongue pulled out than to go watch a drug addled mess.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:01 pm

What should I refer to "him" as? "HBD" "Day" "Hadda" "Big Hadda"???
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:02 pm

oh come on, many of my favorite bands have had junkies, i don't think it's fair to lump them all in just because rachel was crazy long ago and added the drug use to the craziness
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:06 pm

the cobras fucking RUIN every damn soul song they cover...waste of electricity and oxygen
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:06 pm

bruce.....most of the time, I know how the story is gonna end.....talented or not......it is not revolutionary to be a junkie and what it does to the people that love you is beyond belief. I just don't have time for it....
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:11 pm

yeah, i know what you mean tortured artist crap, but does that mean you disregard the good stuff they did?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:14 pm

ask I Am The Arm what HBD likes to be called...they're boyfriends so probably something faggy like Bruce

oh I mean Officer Bruce
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:19 pm

but does that mean you disregard the good stuff they did?

No......but for every Keef Richards there is some talented songwriter who bought into the allure and bought the farm......I wonder what great song we didn't get to hear?
I'm just a little closer to this subject than I'd rather be......
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 6:29 pm

Yer right! I wouldn\'t kick her outta the sack.....
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:01 pm

I wonder what great song we didn't get to hear?
I'm just a little closer to this subject than I'd rather be......

yeah, me to have known,know too many down that path
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:08 pm

VENOM VENOM
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:10 pm

i've seen the cobras maybe 7 times. the first few times were fun. it was the first version of the band. they looked like they were having fun.

then the band members changed & the singer got obnoxious & acted like she was famous -- despite having no fame of any kind. i call that mooney suzikitis

i may have sit through them one more time as they will be playing with the alarm clocks in cleveland on new years eve.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:11 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

My two cents..........

Carpetbagger! Spot on, buddy!
I'd happily pay $10-15 to see MOST bands I pay $5-$7 for.

Honestly, I really wanna stab people when I hear them say they "never have to pay to get in" or constantly ask to be on their buddy's guest list -- every time.

I realize not everyone can afford this, but, really, as Shawn said, think of what touring bands endure w/ expenses.

However, in THIS case, I guess touring is mostly fun and great and all (THANK YOU!) but anyone implying they're 'in it for the $$' is absurd. With such a HUGE undertaking (such as this tour -- DC or not), I would fucking hope, after expenses, you make some extra scratch (even if you do blow it on a Prada shirt!).

Don't you want your buddies to make a living at what they/we love (you) doing?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:36 pm

Fiery, do you really think I'm a him? You're silly.

and, Beef...? Officer Bruce will do nicely
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:41 pm | Edited by: Jim Stark

HEY Mark & K.Khan!!!!!

don't know if ya still need a fill-in show for Nov. 10th (y'all were supposed to play Charleston, SC), but I can get y'all a gig in Columbia, South Carolina (only an hour & a half away from Charleston) on Saturday Nov. 11th fer sure or possibly on the 10th at the bar I work at
( http://newbrooklandtavern.com )

Goddammit I'd kill to see y'all play...the show in Charleston was where I was gonna celebrate my birthday party......fuckin' piss on the 'Cobras
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:42 pm

actually I don't want any motherfuckers who make music "cause they love it" to make money cause then it'll become a fucking job and we all know how well we love our jobs and then we won't like their music cause it'll sound like somebody half assing some script their boss told em to read over the phone

no whut eye sayin
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:49 pm

Wait, I was wrong Mark Beef is right!

It TOTALLY rules losing your ass big time on a huge tour like the Feelers just did....look how well it all worked out for them!!

What was I thinking....making ANY extra $$ on tour would RUIN it all -- who needs to make extra $$ for records, more merch and recording?

Beef, you big silly.
As if it isn't ALREADY both of their jobs --w/ or w/o getting paid -- for most of BOTH of their lives now.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:50 pm

I run a service called FFF(Fuck Feeling Friendly), we traverse the highways and byways of America looking for broken down musicians who we then start disparaging on the side of the road asking em how much the cover charge is and how much merch they reported to soundscan

then we steal their gear and rape them

for some it's the most action they'll see all tour
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 7:52 pm

Wait, I was wrong Mark Beef is right!

I give you your new mantra

y'all should look in the mirror everyday and say this
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:04 pm

Fiery, do you really think I'm a him? You're silly.

I was wondering--there is no way you can be. You are too reasonable!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:07 pm

i don't believe it -- post n00dz
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:10 pm

I was wondering--there is no way you can be. You are too reasonable!

I'm offended by this sexist remark. I think I'm going to go outside and see how far I can spit a loogie. Then I'll download internet porn all afternoon. Then I'll go out to a bar and wonder why the chicks aren't as, ya know, friendly as the gals seem to be on the internet. what was my point?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:20 pm

then the band members changed & the singer got obnoxious & acted like she was famous -- despite having no fame of any kind. i call that mooney suzikitis

True post of the day.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:23 pm

For the moment, I will call that Makersitis.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:27 pm

at least the guy from the makers had a reason

people mistaking you for prince must get to you after awhile
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:34 pm

The Makers were once great, whereas Mooney Suzuki (somewhere CAN is rolling over in its grave) have and will always suck.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:35 pm | Edited by: Mandible

I'm not sure the Makers dude ever didn't act like he was famous.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:03 pm

I'm not sure the Makers dude ever didn't act like he was famous.

This is true.

And I am still cracking up over Mark Beef's latest witticism. PERFECT.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:04 pm

Fiery, You're silly.

Officer Bruce

Hee-Haw!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:07 pm

He should be a commedianne or something.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:21 pm

I never could stand that lame-o, over hyped critics darling cover band. Hope the mighty KK & BBQ find some pickup gigs and don't end up stranded and out mucho $$$.

The Makers were the kings of the scene for a few years, and I thought it was badass that they didn't pretend to be a bunch of humble indie rockers during their reign. That awkward, nerdy Olympia influence ruined undergound rock for several years until the retro garage rock scene breathed some fire back into it.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:25 pm

Hope the mighty KK & BBQ find some pickup gigs

playing ATL on thursday with The Spooks.
playing Athens on friday with Black Lips and Deerhunter.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:30 pm

you're retro
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:32 pm

i think my record of over 2,000 views in 24 hours has been broken. i never thought it would happen but i think it has. salut!!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:33 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

The Makers were the kings of the scene for a few years, and I thought it was badass that they didn't pretend to be a bunch of humble indie rockers during their reign. That awkward, nerdy Olympia influence ruined undergound rock for several years until the retro garage rock scene breathed some fire back into it.

The kinds of what scene? Sorry, musta missed that one. I don't expect or even want "humble indie rock", but some halfway decent music from people swaggering around like total assholes in scarves and makeup isn't too much too ask. I mean, if you are gonna pose, back that shit up. Plus that guy stabbed a friend of mine. He's a dick. And he looks like Prince.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:36 pm

i think my record of over 2,000 views in 24 hours has been broken. i never thought it would happen but i think it has. salut!!!

Bronx Cheer!

Oh wait, that meant to read "KINGS of what scene". Sorry. No matter--all of these bands with the exception of KK&BBQ are totally irrelevant to me.

The Makers were once great, whereas Mooney Suzuki (somewhere CAN is rolling over in its grave) have and will always suck.
Bullshit.

In 1998-1999 (and even maybe through the first few months of 2000), they played some of the best damn live rock'n'roll anywhere. The best record they ever did? That CD-EP they put out on their own in the summer of '99.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:46 pm

In 1998-1999 (and even maybe through the first few months of 2000), they played some of the best damn live rock'n'roll anywhere. The best record they ever did? That CD-EP they put out on their own in the summer of '99.

Got to disagree with ya. Sorry. Yet another instance of to each their own. My record collection rests easy being Makers-less.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:47 pm

Your taste clearly sucks.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:51 pm

No way! Makers 95-97 were awesome!
Fuck you record killed!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:51 pm

I obviously need a lil PM pick me up cos Organ was referring to Mooney Suzuki NOT The Makers.

Well, naturally I think Mooney Suzuki sucks too. Maybe worse than The Makers. But yawn, this bores me. Bring me some bon bons.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:53 pm

No way! Makers 95-97 were awesome!
Fuck you record killed!

no kidding.
just about everything up to and including "hunger" are worth owning.

My record collection rests easy being Makers-less.

yer missing some great records then.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:56 pm

tim,

do we know each other?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:58 pm

do we know each other?

i don't think we've met.
i was at the KK & BBQ show at your place yesterday, and live a couple blocks away from there.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:58 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

c'mon...GREAT?!?!?!?!

they were decent (the fuck you lp and a couple 45s like the one on rat city blah blah blah) but great?!?!?!?!

oh wait youse the people that are gonna go on and on about the Fells and the Drags too, right?

case closed

and Jack Stands is a big fan of you, right Trey?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 9:59 pm

yer missing some great records then.

I am missing A LOT of good records and still have more good ones than I need. I am more than certain I can live the remainder of my years without ever hearing a Makers song again. If you wanna play them in my presence, fine, they aren't the worst band I have ever heard. In fact, I think the main reason I brought them up was due to the insane poseur nature of the band/lead singer.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:02 pm

i have no idea.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:02 pm

The Drags RULED! I only heard a few sings frm the 2nd LP once and I thought it sounded like more of the same so I never bothered with it, but the "I Killed Rock'n'Roll" 45 is amazing and the 1st 10" kicks ass!!!

I only liie a few Makers songs. "Just Might Crack" "Let Him Try" "Call Me Black Sheep" and a few songs from the middle finger LP are all great.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:05 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

The Makers are clearly not and have never been my cuppa tea. I don't like most nouveau garage rock. But I just never gave them a second thought til Mike Maker went all Jacobites crossed with Prince crossed with Dame Edna. Lawsy.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:06 pm

KK&BBQ have some valid gripes. Namely, the Canadian cancelations. But this is only one side of this sad story. I think that they should be forthright and admit that they cancelled the day before Atlanta so they could drive on to Atlanta and hang out with their freinds. I suspect this has a little to do with the Fla. cancelation as well. Fucking over there own fans on both counts. There was much complaining about the money they were making. I agree. It was too little. The time to negotiate fees is, well...before the tour starts. Don't agree to things you can't or don't want to make good on. And the Cobras are not bad people. The Cobras attempted to keep them on the tour even though the booking agency wanted them dropped after the first fiasco with the advertised show that fucked the promoter in Seattle. There is definitely some rock star bullshit going on but don't kid yourself that its a one-way street. There's more than one set of ego's being brused here.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:07 pm

oh wait youse the people that are gonna go on and on about the Fells and the Drags too, right?

the fells, not so much.
the drags, see bazooka's post above.

In fact, I think the main reason I brought them up was due to the insane poseur nature of the band/lead singer

sure, later stuff sucked, and the singer was pretty obnoxious.
but that doesn't take away from the earlier good stuff.
saw them last year out of curiosity, and had to leave after only a few songs.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:07 pm

The Drags "I Like to Die" 45 is really, really awesome. even better than the 10" and the "I Killed Rock'n'roll" one. that last LP they did with the Zeppelin cover and stuff is horrendously bad though.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:08 pm

i have no idea.

I'm not sure what Boof means here, either. You did get me my records to me in a timely manner, though. For that, I salute you sir.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:09 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

i have no idea.

well now you know

he digs jam bands

I like to die is a great song
don't know about the rest of their oeuvre
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:10 pm

but that doesn't take away from the earlier good stuff.

Matter of taste, I think, cos I was pretty nonplussed. Let's call a truce on this one--no winners here.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:11 pm

Oh! As in Anastasio! He came through town the other night!

I missed it. But I'm totally down for a drums>space>st. steven>the eleven jam.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:16 pm

I felt like a winner after catching a pre-Hunger Makers show - they were awesome. I never listen to their records anymore or anything, and they really, really sucked after Hunger, but I'll always remember them killing it the one time I saw 'em.

As for the Drags, "I Like to Die" is pretty much the king of 90s retroville.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:18 pm

i still really like cry on. but i was bored at their show. R.S. knocked their socks off. even with greg playing for them. then they covered "i'll cry" and ruined it.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:19 pm

and their cover of Living After Midnight was the king of 90's irony rock
oh but they weren't really being ironic
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:24 pm

don't agree to things you can't or don't want to make good on

oh, ya mean like signin a contract w/ crypt an then bellyachin about it for the rest of your life??? "ed" has zero crediblity.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:24 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

As for the Drags, "I Like to Die" is pretty much the king of 90s retroville.

It's not retro. Sounds like the Fireworks kinda. I don't like that single very much though. There's no bottom. It don't pound.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:27 pm

why are we still talking about the Makers?

I want more dirt on the Detroit Cobras!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:28 pm

"ed" has zero crediblity.

maybe but at least he ain't whining aout gayspace and threatening to sic lawyers
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:35 pm

Man, I can't stand Cobra. Didn't Cobra Commander strike you as being an incompetent bed-wetter? Even Serpentor had to run and get his mammy.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:35 pm

oh, ya mean like signin a contract w/ crypt an then bellyachin about it for the rest of your life??? "ed" has zero crediblity.

Let me get home from work and make some popcorn and crack a beer.....for someone's lunch is about to be eaten.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:36 pm

sorry, i can't hear ya w/ that dick in your mouth, manbeefeater.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:46 pm

can you hear your jealousy fueling your whole life

I know I can
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:48 pm

sorry, i can't hear ya w/ that dick in your mouth, manbeefeater

Oh man.....don't try to out retort this guy.....a master.....a cunning linguist.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:49 pm

Cunnilingus?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:51 pm

then maybe you should get the dick outta your ear, loser cause your hearin ain't so good.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:51 pm

PRICELESS!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:52 pm

Ned.....are your lyrics this heartfelt and moving?
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:54 pm

can you hear the bells, lenore
do you see the bats
I don't know what's real anymore
I'M GONNA SUE YOUR ASS IF YOU DON"T TAKE DOWN THAT MYSPACE PAGE!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:55 pm

halarious...
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:56 pm

Ned.....are your lyrics this heartfelt and moving?

They are about his sexual identity stuggle, but that he "could never make it straight" and not wanting "to be this way"...
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:56 pm | Edited by: d diggler

even better!!! ask robin. an i love how the two "ed" apologists are tryin to make me the issue. i was just pointin out that "ed" should be the last person to point the finger at anybody else re: makin an keepin agreements. crypt rules!!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:57 pm

crypt rules!!!

ME TOO!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 10:59 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

re: makin an keepin agreements.

I seem to remember a certain someone who wouldn't post until he got apologies and could post under a revoked moniker. Hang on to those principles, Captain Cave-In!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:00 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

and I was just pointing out that you're the last person on here that should be taking anyone else to task for posting shit on a message board

ya numbnuts

I'm placing ""ed" apologist" on my reume as we speak
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:01 pm

oxycontin trumps percocet always.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:04 pm

stupid secretary

resume
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:07 pm

i seem to remember a certain someone who banned somebody because as my friend clubber lang said his "masculinity was threatened." an anybody who thinks oxycontin is better than percocets obviously hasn't taken that many drugs.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:08 pm

wow people are pretty bored today...what?!?!?!?!
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:10 pm

i don't wanna argue with you greg. but there is way more to all of this than is meant for a message board. A LOT. i think we mentioned some of it. we would have been off booted in seattle after we realized the booking - presumably OUR booking agent - was definitely just using us and nowhere on our side in the least. i think we mentioned this to you in atlanta, greg, and you 'got it'. and we can continue this in emails. if they had indeed booted us off then, we could have booked something else in that time span that would have made us and our 'fans' a lot happier. 'negotiations' wouldn't have mattered in this case, because obviously the intentions of the booking agency in regards to our band were never real, as they were being shady with us the whole time and coddling us for months before. things only began becoming clear as the tour unfolded. we were naive about this shit, and our self-respect has suffered - and to an extent our love for this tour on a whole when it became a business venture dealing with suit-and-tie underhanded attitudes. i dunno why you have decided to peg us as 'rock star ego' types, but that's fine. we can respect your loyalties. but our egos were destroyed so early on this tour that my ID cards are blank.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:13 pm

an anybody who thinks oxycontin is better than percocets obviously hasn't taken that many drugs.

You are a fucking idiot.

but our egos were destroyed so early on this tour that my ID cards are blank.

This is a great line.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:20 pm

Percocet = Oxycodone + Acetaminophin
Oxycontin = Oxycodone (with a time-release coating that can easily be removed)

Acetaminophin rules, right dirk??
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:22 pm

when you gotta live his life I'm sure anything to stop the headache helps
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:34 pm

this ain't about me an my drug prefrences. it's about "ed" gettin kk/bbq kicked offa some shitty tour an then tryin to rub their faces in it.
Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:48 pm

i seem to remember a certain someone who banned somebody because as my friend clubber lang said his "masculinity was threatened."
Perception is such a subjective thing, lackabackbone. Perception of other's perceptions is assumption. But then we all already know your famous for that...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 12:02 am

whatever. everybody knows what you're all about since i exposed you. keep flappin yer gums...
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 12:06 am

It's called "typing", Captain Cave-In. I purposefully left you a way back in. Because I knew your short, hare-lipped, non-scruples having ass would flake.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 12:11 am

I love you two to peices.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 12:30 am | Edited by: unfriendly1

Posted: Nov 8, 2006 12:52 am

Man why does Florida always get fucked? Im left to assume at this point that the Orlando show on Thursday is not happening. It would have been nice to heard that from the band, but oh well.
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 1:01 am

i am sure khan myspaced you
Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®