Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / new Alarm Clocks album
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 4:01 pm

Really good stuff. Sounds like they ain't listened to music for 40 years. There's this one song in particular.. holy shit it rules. That is my official review.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 5:33 pm

Sounds like they ain't listened to music for 40 years.

i know what you mean, but this sounds like a bad thing. and to be clear, i haven't heard it yet but i'd hope they got something new to offer.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 5:38 pm

Something new? Why would you want that? Go get the Black Time LP if you want new. This record is totally knuckle-drag caveman shit. It's the fuckin Alarm Clocks man!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 5:58 pm

I hear the single is awesome and from what Freddy Fortune told me the full lenght when it comes out is going to be amazing
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:11 pm

First off, don't ever listen to the opinion of someone involved. Second, yeah, it does rule. Third, you have the weirdest and almost pointless things to say about music.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:24 pm

Someboy got up on the wrong side of the old man nursing home today!

HAWW!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:26 pm

Don't make me come over and clean your alarm clock.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:31 pm

Take this in the best way possible; they remind me of AC/DC. A band that does what it does without regard for what's going on around them. They're classic, great rock and roll. The album holds up after being played ten times in row. Then a couple of days later you hear it and you know it 's no fluke. Each song's a gem. Each one a definition of what the Alarm Clocks are and in turn what rock and roll is. Great guitar riffs laced through bad ass drum beats topped off with genius lyrics. The sound is perfect. My favorite new album.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:34 pm

Dude, the next to last song on side one... that crazy bent opening guitar... I was listening in the headphones last night and my fuckin' heart stopped for a second when it came on and I started screaming to sixteene about it and she had to tell me to shut up.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:37 pm

You want me to call the WAAAAAAA-MBULANCE???

Sounds like somebody needs a nap.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:39 pm

Fuckin' a.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:44 pm

I don't have my own copy yet, I was listening to it over and over again while I was working with Billy over the last couple of weeks. We must have heard it 15- 20 times in all. Just kept on flippin' it. Every once in a while we would start crackin' up when we realized how good it was.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:45 pm

Kid Congo today muthafucka's!!! At my rekurd store!

COME!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 6:53 pm

my copy is in the mail along w/ the figures of light an the primitives single. norton rules!!! (oh yeah, fag, email me. i gotta assignment for you for the zine. if it ain't too much for you to handle...)
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 7:19 pm

(oh yeah, fag, email me. i gotta assignment for you for the zine. if it ain't too much for you to handle...)

I think you're talking to someone else, but I emailed you anyway.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 7:22 pm

So , no record fair bazzoook?
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 7:23 pm

No.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 8:05 pm

they're on the way to GONER... i can't wait.

seriously, watching them i did feel like they hadn't listened to music in 40 years, and that was great. songs i'd never heard gave me goosebumps. that does not happen.

like andy said, it's ac/dc, it's dead moon, it's PERFECT.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 8:49 pm

Heard the single last night on WFMU, and yeah, any doubting thomas-ness I had was quickly dispelled. Can't wait to pick up the full length.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm telling you, next to last song on side one. I'm sure the rest of the LP is gonna kill me dead after a few more spins.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 8:52 pm

i really can't wait to hear it. i loved the hell out of them at ponderosa stomp. fuckin' aye.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 8:58 pm

ponderosa stomp

Is that one of your hillbilly dances?
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:02 pm

hahah. no. it's a big ginormous amazing festival that normally took place in new orleans, but moved this past year to memphis because of katrina. you'd actually probably be into it. here, check it:

http://www.ponderosastomp.com/home.php
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:03 pm

billy and miriam were down for it
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:10 pm

and it's a fucking jerry mccain song, BITH!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:11 pm

that was for bj... by the way.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:11 pm

Noy doy, you fuckin' hillbillies. Dang.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:12 pm

NO FUCKING DOY, I SAID!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:14 pm

what's NOY is that one of yer high falutin' city words?
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:15 pm

Your an alarm clock.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:16 pm

I wore pants today. In spirit.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:16 pm

DOY DOY DOY!

Just resurrectin' some grade school sarcasm.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:19 pm

I have no idea how I remember all this shit's here. My boss tells me I have a horrible memory. It's just selective I guess: http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=2571&page=0#msg4344
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:22 pm

yeah, but i was refering to this one

Noy doy, you fuckin' hillbillies. Dang
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:27 pm

You odn't knoy what is it a noy, bot? Shoy.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:28 pm

NEW YORK CITY?!?!?!?!?
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm going to go to Goner this afternoon and see if I can listen to it first.
If I don't like it, I'm going to hate all of you.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:40 pm

I heard it sounds like AC/DC!
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:40 pm

If you don't like it you should hate yourself.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:41 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

PS- I recommend alone time with headphones for your first listen.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:43 pm

They only have the 7", I think. But if it sounds like AC/DC, is it "Dirty Deeds" era or more like "Thunderstruck"?

Do they sound like Slayer?
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:43 pm

i thought eric said it was on the way, not in yet? if it's in i might see you there they were awesome when i saw them at boogada boogada fest
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:45 pm

You mean at the barn dance by the foundry? Hoot!

But if it sounds like AC/DC, is it "Dirty Deeds" era or more like "Thunderstruck"?

Thunderstruck, but with Bon singing. It'll blow your mind!

If I don't like it, I'm going to hate all of you.

if you don't like it, you're a communist.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:46 pm

if you don't like it, you're a communist.

You're a fine one to talk, terrorist.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:49 pm

you've proven your communist status already by failing to enjoy thin lizzy.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:50 pm

failing to enjoy thin lizzy makes me smarter than you.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 9:50 pm

You mean at the barn dance by the foundry?

oh yeah, i guess i'm getting mixed up by all the big city words
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 10:53 pm

such LIES come out of your mouth. next thing you're going to be telling everyone is that they should collectivize agriculture.
Posted: Nov 3, 2006 11:31 pm

just remember i'm the one who bugged billy miller for ten years to find them an get them back together. an i seem to remember the starter of this thread dissin the clocks on this very message board along w/ "ed" an others. only eric o. had the sense to give me the credit i deserve even though he's pretendin to hate me now. the alarm clocks rule!!!

i really do love my alarm clocks show poster from the beachland ballroom autograpehd by each member above his head. it's a super rare photo they used too that billy an miriam an me never saw before w/ mike pierce wearin cool shades. i also got an alarm clocks pin like mono man an an alarm clocks t-shirt. norton rules!!!

an my man mike pierce has already written 2 more albums includin great numbers like daydreamer as featured live an on their fmu sesh. can't wait for my norton package to arrive. then i gotta do another order to score more frantic footlongs like the dictators reishs of manifest destiny an bloodbrothers an the creations single an stuff. the dictators rule!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 12:13 am

get the sonics' busy body 7" while yer at it.
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 12:30 am

creations single is great. somehow not as "sexy" as the u-turns for others, but i dig it.

listening to "busy body" right now. if you think you've heard enough sonics, you haven't.
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 12:45 am

is that a dig at me
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 12:46 am

is that a dig on me
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 12:58 am

songs i'd never heard gave me goosebumps. that does not happen

Exactly.

hahah. no. it's a big ginormous amazing festival that normally took place in new orleans, but moved this past year to memphis because of katrina. you'd actually probably be into it.

I think Joe needs to be at the next one of these. Especially if he mostly likes old stuff.
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 1:02 am

No Alarm Clocks at Goner. 7" or otherwise. I can only surmise they must sound like Thin Lizzy.
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 1:37 am

Ned baby, I already told you I only "slightly" dissed the 'Clocks to piss you off. Now that you and me are best friends for life you can't hold that against me.

I've been dying to go to a P-Stomp. I wish I didn't have to waste my vacation on fuckin' family every year. They're really gettin' in the way of my party. Fuck you dad!
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 1:41 am

I listened to the new single this morning "Marie/Gloria"
kinda thought they moved out of the garage they were in
40 years ago and waddled down to the midwest studio
they recorded in..my verdict is "no reason to complain."
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 9:22 pm

First off, don't ever listen to the opinion of someone involved. Second, yeah, it does rule. Third, you have the weirdest and almost pointless things to say about music.

Thats your opinion buddy but I know others who dont feel that way
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 9:27 pm

Third, you have the weirdest and almost pointless things to say about music.

Why thank you for the kind words you spoke about me sir. I forgot to mention that
Posted: Nov 4, 2006 11:39 pm

No sweat, babe.
Posted: Nov 5, 2006 2:04 pm | Edited by: rugburn

just remember i'm the one ...

give me the credit i deserve...

A MAN CAN CHOKE ALWAYS BLOWING HIMSELF LIKE THAT.
Posted: Nov 5, 2006 11:32 pm

and it's a fucking jerry mccain song, BITH!
sweetheart, I love the stuffin's outta ya, but that'd be Lazy Lester...

Can't wait to hear it!! saw the Alarm Clocks twice this year, and I'm a believer.... can anyone tell me who all wrote the new stuff? Did Tom Fallon have a hand in that, or does he just contribute guitar playing?
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 5:01 am

hey bruce, ain't no dig. i said the same thing, then spun it and whoah!

ah shit, you got me on that. lazy lester lazy lester lazy lester.

lazy lester RULES!
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 7:35 am

Song credits say written by Mike Pierce. Got my own copy today at the record fair...nice to know that a bunch of goons in thier 60's can out rock and roll the rest of humanity. Gives me hope.

lazy lesterlazy lester....
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 9:49 pm

this is one of the best recs ever made!!! who doesn't own it yet??? order it today. maximum party action. every song is a killer. mike pierce is a genius an the alarm clocks are the best band in the world as i been tellin everybody for years. maybe now you'll believe me.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 9:57 pm

i get paid tomorrow. i haven't been able to buy anyhting. and records are top priority.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:08 pm

Still haven't heard it. Not sure it can live up to the hype.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Ditto.

I am supposed to be selling my records anyway. I will give it more time. I'd rather see them live. Are they touring anytime soon?
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Don't worry bout the hype just give it a shot w/ open ears. I'm sorry if anything I said scared people off. I was just excited about it. I really like it.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Norton still hasn't sent my order. I haven't checked in a couple days, though. Fuckin' PO Box is on the opposite side of town. They owe me about $3.50 in gas & counting.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Shit, it's been out for like 2 weeks now? Goner still doesn't have 'em.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:35 pm

you need this album!!! not only is the first side better than anything ever but then ya flip it over an the second side is even better!!! it's like a greatest hits album. i can't friggin wait to see these guys again. this time we're gonna really party. an the lyres better be openin w/ the wrong numbers this time, tom douche!!! an order pizza!!!
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm

PIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 12:06 am

Got the order! Fuck, it took so long that I now realize that the 'Clocks LP wasn't even listed on the site when I ordered my shit, and all's I got is the 45 (which is awesome - I'm on listen #2 & counting). Great production on this thing, no attempt to make it sound contemporary OR "vintage." Figures of Light is great, too (on first listen). I wanna order the LP, but I'm not waiting another 3 weeks - hopefully Timebomb Tom ordered a bunch. I'm gonna smoke some 'wind and throw on some Stud Cole now...
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 2:28 am

did you get the u turns??? you need the u turns too!!! an get do the ostrich by the primitives!!! i'm serious. the alarm clocks rule!!!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:12 am

They better sound like Mangina.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:38 am

Holy shit! No U-Turns! It's paid for & shows in my Paypal notes (and on my receipt). What the fuck?
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:48 am

they got the alarm clocks album listed in the goner cart now. procede in an orderly fashion.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:52 am

Sweet! So is the Gonerfest 2 DVD/CD!

I think I'm gonna go down there and listen to the Alarm Clock thing first, though.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 1:16 pm

I told Billy that he forgot to pack the U-Turns and he's sending it along with a free Alarm Clocks LP! Norton rules!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:36 pm

WOAH! Billy RULES!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 6:17 pm

let me get this straight, you dont like Thin Lizzy, but you love the poor, retarded man's Thin Lizzy: The Secret Service....mmmmm...strange.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 6:31 pm

Totally! I said I'd Paypal him for the LP and he told me to fahgetddaboudit. That's service with a smile! My Goner order from a few weeks ago took less that 2 weeks to get to me and Eric wrote to apologize for how long it took! Everybody rules!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 6:55 pm

but you love the poor, retarded man's Thin Lizzy: The Secret Service

We'll talk about this Saturday in greater detail.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:53 pm

out of all the things i've bought from norton lately, this is by far my least favorite (or maybe tied with some of the weak stones covers). i gave it a chance based off how all you guys spoke of it but just wasnt diggin it. if anyone would like to buy my copy for $6 including s/h email me.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 3:01 pm

wow. what a fuckin loser you must be.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 7:42 pm

what a fuckin loser you must be.

i guess that's what i get for taking your advice. and now no one wants to buy my record for less than half of what they'd pay anywhere else.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 8:05 pm

I'd buy it but these same people seem to think the Action Swingers were good and I'm still trying to unload that crappy toe rag LP
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 3:08 pm

I dunno, its 10AM Wednesday, I just smoked a bowl and threw on the alarm clocks new LP and its fucking kicking my ass AGAIN. 2nd to last song first side YEAH
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 3:20 pm

2nd to last song first side YEAH

I told you!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®