Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Halloween Scrooge
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 1:23 am

For the past three years, since moving, my house has been inundated with trick-or-treaters. The first two, I seriously underestimated the amount of candy needed and had to make runs to the local walgreens for emergency sweets. Last year, I got serious about it and put together little treat bags with candy, little toys and stickers. I handed out over 120 of them.

This year I've been apathetic. I haven't bought any candy at all and I hope to avoid the whole thing. I'm sitting at work right now, and I'm plotting. If there wasn't a dog at home that needed walking, I would probably just not bother going there until late. But now I've got to go home, sneak in the back door, hope all the lights are already off, and sneak around the house using just a flashlight until I can make my escape.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 1:28 am

I hope your place gets egged.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 2:11 am

Took my kid out trick or treatin' and I couldn't see half the time due to all of the fucking parents driving their kids around---we had headlights in our faces the whole time. God forbid any american should walk when there's a gassed up SUV in the driveway. It's a matter of time before we all get our heads hacked off and piled up neat little stacks by the much tougher folks out there in the worlt.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 2:33 am

very slow night on Jackson Avenue tonight. I don't understand it!
Course, I usually have the dracula Halloween lights draped all over my front door. Just six jack-o-lanterns lined up on the ledge this year...
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 2:46 am

Slow night in New Spain, too. Closed down shop around 7:30. Maybe 25 kids. But they were all given handfulls of candy, given the foot traffic.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 3:57 am

cooper young was INSANE. my friend jules and i went skating around, giving out candy. pretty crazy. so many kids! and even tons of high schoolers out begging for candy without any costumes on. heh. the high school guys kept hitting on us too, asking if they could come skating with us. i told them if they put on some makeup and a skirt, be our guest.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 4:12 am

I would've loved to take my kid to your doors. I live in a town of 850 or so people and the vast majority didn't even have their porch lights on. People hardly even carve jack-o-lanterns anymore! I was so happy when an elderly neighbor lady made popcorn balls and she threw a couple of extras in for me---I chomped into 'em as soon as I got home and pulled out BIG LONG HAIRS by my teeth! When I kill everyone in my town next Halloween whilst wearing nothing but popcorn stuck to my body with corn syrup, you'll say that you read this post and heard the cry for help...
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 3:29 pm

What's the deal with black kids trick-r-treating without costumes? It's just bullshit.

Don't pull the money card on me either. Fuck, I was poor coming up but we managed to figure something out, even if is meant cutting neck and arm holes in black garbage bag and breaking in to yer moms make-up kit, we managed. I'm never handing out candy again. Lazy fucks.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 5:24 pm

I think the trunk or treat has ruined real trick or treating.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 5:33 pm

The last few years there has been more and more black kids without costumes coming to my parents' place. It's interesting too, because their is no blacks in their neighborhood. It's all white liberal ex-hippy NPR listeners with hardwood floors (we're the token white trash in the neighborhood with adult children living there, four dogs, even more cats, and in the past at least, fairly regular visits by the police). Last year I told a group of 'em "that's a great costume, I've never seen so realistic blackface! Now all you need is a gun." They thought it was funny too.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 5:38 pm

There were tons of teenagers trick or treating in my neighborhood this year...mostly dumb guys, but there were two girls that I should've invited in, I mean, if I wasn't married with my own kids.
Posted: Nov 1, 2006 6:22 pm

We had a couple "hoochie mama" teenaged girls too... I took Violet for her first full trick or treat excursion - she didn't get much candy. There weren't many houses with the light on (we only stayed on our own block) and of those, most only gave out one piece. We actually bought 4 bags of candy and ended up running out after about an hour even though for a while they were skipping our house because the front porch light wasn't on (but we did have jack o lantern decorations that light up in the front windows...) Violet didn't get the hang of it right away... she was trying to give other people her candy at first. She also just wanted to 'visit' with the neighbors that she knows, she was trying to go into their houses, or at lest up on their porches just to hang out. She had fun though. Got candy in her hair. Kids without costumes bum me out. My neighbor's grandson did not have a costume on at all (although he is a white kid) - he spent the whole summer dressed as a Pirate of the Carribean, so why not on Halloween?
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 5:22 pm

If there wasn't a dog at home that needed walking, I would probably just not bother going there until late. But now I've got to go home, sneak in the back door, hope all the lights are already off, and sneak around the house using just a flashlight until I can make my escape.

OK. So, a couple of days ago, I was leaving my house this girl was walking by, but then she stopped like she was going to ask me the time or something. But she says "You didn't hand out any Halloween candy this year!" I felt pretty bad about that.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 5:25 pm

ha, she's got you pegged as a sucker and an easy mark
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®